Capture the Flag

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 11, 2016, 17:1908/11/16
Aug 11, 2016, 17:21(edited)
12/18/14
lwonderly said:

I stand corrected. The rules read tiers and I read levels. My mistake. My apologies to UE.
I also read it the same way, but still how is it determined which tier a league is in?  League achievements?  League ranking? How is it determined?
Aug 11, 2016, 17:4208/11/16
08/03/14

the league rankings are screwed up because of the fortresses. there are leagues who are ranked much higher than they should be, all because they have a level 8 fortress. 

the ranking system has been screwed up for a while. now you have leagues in tiers that are way out of their league. 
Aug 11, 2016, 21:5008/11/16
Aug 11, 2016, 21:52(edited)
03/20/14

Jezebel said:

lwonderly said:

I stand corrected. The rules read tiers and I read levels. My mistake. My apologies to UE.
I also read it the same way, but still how is it determined which tier a league is in?  League achievements?  League ranking? How is it determined?

League ranking

V 1-50

IV 51-100

III 101-150

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 12, 2016, 08:1608/12/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

the league rankings are screwed up because of the fortresses. there are leagues who are ranked much higher than they should be, all because they have a level 8 fortress. 

the ranking system has been screwed up for a while. now you have leagues in tiers that are way out of their league. 
Leagues were divided into Tiers according to their Ranking position, not Fortress level.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 12, 2016, 08:1808/12/16
09/17/15
Fortuneteller said:

Same happened to us. Our flag was taken by a league owning multiple beacons. how is that 1 level below?
It depends on your Rankings. Most likely you are in the same Tier, or they are 1 Tier above. If you're 100% sure that they are more than 1 Tier above and they've captured your Flag, you may contact our Support Team and they will check if everything is right.
Aug 12, 2016, 08:5508/12/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Fortuneteller said:

Same happened to us. Our flag was taken by a league owning multiple beacons. how is that 1 level below?
It depends on your Rankings. Most likely you are in the same Tier, or they are 1 Tier above. If you're 100% sure that they are more than 1 Tier above and they've captured your Flag, you may contact our Support Team and they will check if everything is right.

Couldnt it be a way for Plarium to figure out a leagues military power. and rank the leagues acordingly to that? At least when sorting them in tiers for tournaments like this.

Aug 12, 2016, 09:2608/12/16
Aug 12, 2016, 09:26(edited)

Fortuneteller said:

The league in question is 141 and we are 241. shouldn't we be two tiers below? please, let me know. thanks!
Aug 12, 2016, 11:2508/12/16
Fortuneteller said:

Fortuneteller said:

The league in question is 141 and we are 241. shouldn't we be two tiers below? please, let me know. thanks!
My lady if you are sure that they are more than 1 Tier above you and have your Flag please send ticket to Help Desk 
Aug 12, 2016, 13:3008/12/16

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

Fortuneteller said:

Fortuneteller said:

My lady if you are sure that they are more than 1 Tier above you and have your Flag please send ticket to Help Desk 

Lord Stojanovic, but I'm not sure :-) if you could disclose the level range for tiers that would help a lot to decide if I should file a ticket or not. 

Aug 12, 2016, 13:3808/12/16
10/31/14
The UE motto will says something else, to your request. One need to reflect on his utterance.
Aug 12, 2016, 13:4908/12/16
12/18/14
I suppose if the tier system had be explained in the first place there would not have been this confusion.  Since this is a Fortress Challenge ... silly me the assumption was that the fortress level would determine what tier you were in.
Aug 12, 2016, 14:3808/12/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)
07/02/14

Fortune Teller.. you were NOT Cheated..NO Ticket is necessary Only Tier 4 and 5 are restricted to 50 members, that was so  a #5 team couldn't attack anyone below #100 and make it fair.. Tier 3 consists of leagues ranked from 100 to 200, Tier 3 is leagues ranked 200 to 300 and tier 1 is every one else.  SO as you can clearly see a team ranked 150 can take a flag from team 250.   ( Tier 3 attacking Tier 4 )    This was all in the Preliminary information that was posted by Plarium Days before the contest started. ( how tiers would be determined )  Then once it began the INFO window clearly talks about how to see what Tier YOUR  Teams flag is in and how to see what Others Flags are. They even provided a Table of team to chose from in order from top to bottom

The key to these Contests is Planning and execution. When we are told days in advance of a new Contest. you must take the time to read what they say and not go blindly forward after the fact.

UE read the info carefully.. we planned  and when the contest started we executed our Plan. Other teams that  didnt loly gag also did well
Aug 12, 2016, 15:1908/12/16

Aries said:

Fortune Teller.. you were NOT Cheated..NO Ticket is necessary Only Tier 4 and 5 are restricted to 50 members, that was so  a #5 team couldn't attack anyone below #100 and make it fair.. Tier 3 consists of leagues ranked from 100 to 200, Tier 3 is leagues ranked 200 to 300 and tier 1 is every one else.  SO as you can clearly see a team ranked 150 can take a flag from team 250.   ( Tier 3 attacking Tier 4 )    This was all in the Preliminary information that was posted by Plarium Days before the contest started. ( how tiers would be determined )  Then once it began the INFO window clearly talks about how to see what Tier YOUR  Teams flag is in and how to see what Others Flags are. They even provided a Table of team to chose from in order from top to bottom

The key to these Contests is Planning and execution. When we are told days in advance of a new Contest. you must take the time to read what they say and not go blindly forward after the fact.

UE read the info carefully.. we planned  and when the contest started we executed our Plan. Other teams that  didnt loly gag also did well

Hi Aries, never have I said that we were cheated on. I was simply asking about the exact level range of the tiers. Here I have to say you were wrong, this was not disclosed. It was said that the number of the flags reflect the tier you are in but as far as I'm concerned no league levels were linked to the tiers.

You are talking about planning ahead but, the information was provided could not prepare us who to expect an attack from. I know how to see what tier I'm in, but that was not my question at all! Most of the information you are giving me was published after the event started. 

I feel you are trying to depict a wrong impression of us so I have to say that we did not go blindly into the tournament... we knew the things from the forum. 

It is also easier to prey on lower level leagues... but wait there are not many tier 1 leagues with a level 3 fortress... as they had been mostly downgraded before the tourney. so it seems easier for a tier 3 to find a tier 2 and a tier 4 to find a tier 3 than a tier 2 finding a tier 1. It would only be fair if every tier had equal size of 'fishing water' but, it looks like the further up in the food chain you are the more opportunities you may have. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you and your league are doing just fine. I'm just not so sure this tourney was thoroughly thought out & balanced.

Aug 12, 2016, 15:2608/12/16
08/05/14
Aries said:

Which part of that plan envolved attacking your ALLIES?
Aug 12, 2016, 18:5108/12/16
Aug 12, 2016, 19:18(edited)
12/13/14

If you all think this tournament is insane, then try playing on Untamed Lands or Kabam servers

There aren't enough active leagues with level 3 Forts - they were all smashed as soon as they appeared.

Almost all flags are in the hands of top 7 leagues

Class IV top ten comprises ONE league, who have grabbed all of the Class III Flags (34 flags but not any Class IV)

We are left with 16 pages filled with leagues without any flags

Aug 12, 2016, 19:2008/12/16
07/25/15

Tony Hobson said:

If you all think this tournament is insane, then try playing on Untamed Lands or Kabam servers

There aren't enough active leagues with level 3 Forts - they were all smashed as soon as they appeared.

Almost all flags are in the hands of top 7 leagues

Class IV top ten comprises ONE league, who have grabbed all of the Class III Flags (34 flags but not any Class IV)

We are left with 16 pages filled with leagues without any flags

You know, they need to be carefull so they don't break the ballance of the game -)

Aug 13, 2016, 02:1908/13/16
08/03/14

IronApex Turok said:

Leagues were divided into Tiers according to their Ranking position, not Fortress level.

yes.....

but ranking is based off of fortress level. sooo....... vis a vi tiers are based off of fortress level. 
Aug 13, 2016, 10:3508/13/16

Lord Turok,

fortress level's are only small part of leagues rankings cause beacons, territory, completed tasks and achieved improvements are upgrading tier's much more :)
Aug 13, 2016, 10:5608/13/16
07/25/15
Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

fortress level's are only small part of leagues rankings cause beacons, territory, completed tasks and achieved improvements are upgrading tier's much more :)
Would been better if rankings was based on army strenght of the league.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.