Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 24, 2018, 14:2209/24/18
01/06/15

A Brand New Feature Has Come To Darkshine Explore Your Stoneheart Castle Today

A Brand New Feature Has Come To Darkshine

Explore Your Stoneheart Castle Today

Lords and Ladies,

Stoneheart Castle is a feature that will revolutionize your gameplay with a huge range of new possibilities - a new Castle, new Buildings, new Lost Arts, new Units, and new PvE locations.

Stoneheart Castle will only be available to players who have met all the requirements to unlock it. These are:

1. Reach Level 60

2. Win at a Level 40 Battleground

3. Discover the "Dragon's Egg" Lost Art

4. Discover the "Black Star" Lost Art

5. Discover the "Level 5-10 Fortifications" Lost Art

Unlocking your Stoneheart Castle gives you access to the following new features:

- Stoneheart Buildings. Similar to your existing Castle, you will require special Buildings in your Stoneheart Castle in order to produce Resources, defend your Castle (Stoneheart Fortifications counts towards your Castle Defense Bonus), and train new Stoneheart Units. Stoneheart Buildings can only be built by Master Craftsman. Master Craftsmen are able to work on Buildings both at your Castle and Stoneheart Castle, but must first be upgraded from regular Craftsmen. The first upgrade is free - after this you can upgrade another Craftsman to a Master Craftsman for Sapphires.

- Stoneheart Units. Stoneheart Units are special Units that can only be trained at Stoneheart Castle. There are 4 Units in total: Purgators (Infantry), Beast Riders (Cavalry), Living Armor (Occult Units), and Gargoyles (Bestiary). Stoneheart Units are unique in that their base stats for Offense and Defense are equal, which means they are well suited to all types of engagements. Stoneheart Units reduce the Defense of non- Stoneheart Units in offensive battles. They also gain a 20% Defensive Bonus in defensive battles against armies containing at least one non- Stoneheart Unit.

- Stoneheart Unit Abilities. In addition to their versatility and power, Stoneheart Units each have two unique Abilities – one offensive and one defensive. These Abilities will greatly improve your army’s prospects in selected Offensive and Defensive battles, for example by increasing Movement Speed or your Castle Defense Bonus. However, Abilities will only provide a Bonus if they are activated. The probability of a Stoneheart Unit Ability affecting a battle depends on its Activation Chance. The higher the Activation Chance, the more likely it is that the Ability will be activated. When sending Stoneheart Units into battle, don't forget to take note of each Ability’s Bonus and Activation Chance, then adapt your strategy accordingly.

- Stoneheart Lost Arts. The Stoneheart Lost Arts Tree can be found by clicking on the "Lost Arts" icon on the right hand side of your Castle interface. Stoneheart Lost Arts can increase the power of your Stoneheart Units, the effectiveness and Activation Chance of their Abilities, and provide other valuable bonuses. In order to discover these special Lost Arts, you must first collect the relevant Stoneheart Scrolls.

- Stoneheart Battlegrounds and Saga Quests. We have introduced a range of new PvE challenges that can only be completed using Stoneheart Units. Fight your way through to higher Levels and earn huge Rewards, including Adamantine, powerful Stoneheart Units, and Stoneheart Scrolls.

- Adamantine. Adamantine is a new Resource that is required for training Stoneheart Units, constructing and upgrading Stoneheart Buildings, and discovering Stoneheart Lost Arts. Adamantine can be produced at your Adamantine Forges, or received as a Reward for completing quests and Stoneheart Battlegrounds. If you’re in a hurry, you’ll also be able to get hold of Adamantine Packs from the Black Market.

Stoneheart Castle is the challenge you’ve been waiting for – ready your Stoneheart Units for action!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 24, 2018, 15:0109/24/18
03/15/16

Guys

you are making this game way too much complicated, to  such an extent  that now we cant enjoy it

Best wishes

Sep 24, 2018, 15:0509/24/18
12/14/15

The buildings in your update all require sketches to complete, unable to discover any of the lost arts as you forgot to add a Stoneheart dedicated sage to do this with. The whole update is as pointless as both the champions and the invisible castle def. I haven't spent a dime on this game since  you added these nor will I.

Sep 24, 2018, 15:4509/24/18
Sep 24, 2018, 15:59(edited)
06/16/15
well stoneheart Castle is no benefit to non coiners and is pointless to New players and non coiners for what takes and requires to use and Upgrade building just another coining feature by the way if Wondering i'am a coiner and a big spender and plarium vip but even i as all those Things won't be spending any Money or Sapphires on this anytime soon not that i can't just that i dont want too bad move plarium bad update even worser if you are a New player and non coiner and worse of all they don't have catacombs as well meaning that troops can be killed easily by big hammers that not problem for me i can defeat big hammers but new players and non coiners can't by the way it is pointless to add this update anyway as the Death of this game Draw ever closer to imploding as this game is basically at Death door so this update was pointless at this stage of the game as where it is now and where it is going and heading  as i said bad move plarium bad update this is
Sep 24, 2018, 16:2909/24/18
01/10/18
Can't even fix the broken game before adding more content that breaks the game. What the hell kinda ship your running over there?
Sep 24, 2018, 16:3409/24/18
06/16/15
Scot said:

Can't even fix the broken game before adding more content that breaks the game. What the hell kinda ship your running over there? 
a sinking one plarum is running
Sep 24, 2018, 17:3909/24/18
12/13/14

Constructed Stoneheart Units are not being sent directly to Catacombs - http://prntscr.com/ky6saa

Bad news for all

Sep 24, 2018, 17:4309/24/18
01/22/16
So which of you really smart developers thought it was a good idea to merge a phone game with a server game. It wasn't you know.
Sep 24, 2018, 18:3709/24/18
08/03/16

The first batch of comments seem to be an accurate reflection of this new update. Plarium has added another layer of complexity to a game, which already has too many layers to it. Plarium continues to add, so-called new and improved items to the game. Rather than continually adding things, start removing them. Return to the basic game structure and improve those basics. There was a time when if your troops exceeded your food production capabilities, troops deserted/died until a balance was achieved. Vampire units once had 2 distince advantages over regular troops: they ate far less and were stronger and the list goes on. 

I do not fault Plarium for their desire to run a profitable business. But for that, the rest of us would not have access to the free games that we do. Plarium's business model appears to be predicated on instant gratification; hence Plarium makes it very easy to spend your money. I believe Plarium is being short-sighted in adding new items, which require you to spend money, regularly to the game. They increase income but at the cost of driving players away from the game. Thus you have more and more things to spend money on, but fewer and fewer players doing it. I believe Plarium would be far better served by returning to and improving the game basics. Make this game fun and interesting to play once again. Doing that, would maintain and increase your player base, as well as, reducing player turn-over. Build a large, enthusiastic and loyal customer base, many of whom will spend money from time-to-time, and you will produce a stable, long-term, income stream.

Continue the short-term approach of adding ever increasing items, which require ever increasing amounts of money and the game dies. Plarium needs to strike a balance between financial gain and long-term game viability. 

Sep 24, 2018, 19:1709/24/18
07/25/15

Problem is, there is no extension and enhancing of the core game. Imho from a business point of view, keep players ass in the seats and spend as much time with the game as possible should be of interest. Stacking the game with paywall after paywall have the quite opposite effect. I got no idea who they target this game to any longer, because no one I know that into gaming is interested in such.

After two tournaments with the champion stuff, I'm so feed up with it, because.. its boring asf...  This stoneheart thing is of so little interest I can't even be bothered with it. It doesn't add anything for me, or give me anything in form for game play and value. 

By all means, I'm no big spender and never spent much on this game. But Plarium doesn't really make me keen on spending any more on this game either. It's like a bottomless pit, feed me, feed me, FEED ME MORE SEYMOUR....  its never enough...  at least, people with their slot machines, they chasing the dream of a big payout some day....  we are just players stuck in an abusive relationship, so far from a healthy symbiosis necessary to make a online game thrive as we can get. 

Sep 24, 2018, 19:4309/24/18
02/22/15
Really sucks we can't use our boosts stored up for Stoneheart, having a separate boost for something that is combined item using resource, Soulstone etc but then require we get other boosts.
Sep 24, 2018, 19:5009/24/18
02/22/15
Don't be too hard on them, if we get to level 10 farm we get 200 more food per hour, was this a typo or a joke Plarium. One farm 200PH??
Sep 24, 2018, 21:4609/24/18
04/10/15

I believe the phrase "screen-door on a submarine" applies here.......

Unless we all quit working and sleeping and/or go to the Altarian 37 hour day, no one can keep up with all that needs to done in this game!!!!!

Sep 25, 2018, 01:0609/25/18
08/03/16
This appears to be another money grab on Plarium's part. Adding these new features does nothing to improve the game or make it more interesting. It does mean you have to spend money to get ahead. Plarium should focus on the basics and opt for quality (of the game) versus quantity (of new money making features). Plarium continues to make it costlier and costlier to advance in this game. In the time I have played this game, I have seen both gameplay and players decrease. From my perspective, they appear to have decreased significantly. I would hate to see this game disappear but it seems to be heading that way. 
Sep 25, 2018, 08:4609/25/18
Sep 25, 2018, 09:22(edited)
06/16/15
the best thing i found out about this feature was this http://prntscr.com/kyes1f and this  http://prntscr.com/kyeu9v it must be a bug but i think Oberon in for a nasty surprise when he login to his account today he gotten exactly what Oberon deserves for this update he and Developers gave us only wish i could join in the fight With balur in attacking Oberon castle  bhahahaha 
Sep 25, 2018, 11:1309/25/18
02/29/16

Nameless Namesake WoH said:

Guys

you are making this game way too much complicated, to  such an extent  that now we cant enjoy it

Best wishes

Hello :) 

There is quite a long list of requirements you need to fill in before getting access to the Stoneheart Castle: https://www.screencast.com/t/33BsIFRO

It means that this feature is for experienced players who already did major updates in their main Castles. 

Actually, Stoneheart Castle doesn't add smth new in terms of mechanics but gave more opportunities for old players to develop and upgrade in the game, receiving Bonuses in exchange. 

So, I don't think that the game became too complicated because of this update.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:2909/25/18
Sep 25, 2018, 16:03(edited)
02/28/16

I think it might the update that makes me quit. It devalues the time and money we spent on the game already. Seriously 75% CDB reduction? Regular boosts not working with SH buidings/lost arts? How greedy and short sighted can you be?

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

- 40hr SH boost priced at 93,400 sapphires. ...

Its actually 40d. boost. Which makes it "only" twice as expensive as regular boosts.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:5609/25/18
02/29/16

davidrobinrichards said:

The buildings in your update all require sketches to complete, unable to discover any of the lost arts as you forgot to add a Stoneheart dedicated sage to do this with. The whole update is as pointless as both the champions and the invisible castle def. I haven't spent a dime on this game since  you added these nor will I.

Hello!

You can receive Sketches as Reward in the Tournaments (we already forwarded the request to devs to increase their number in Rewards).

As for Lost Arts, you'll need to choose discovering of what Lost Art has a higher priority for you. Still, I will forward to devs your request for additional Sage as well.
Sep 25, 2018, 11:5909/25/18
02/29/16
constantincerna said:

Let me guess;after Stoneheart it will come Ironheart and after it Goldheart each one with new troops new arts new buildings and all this after Stoneheart will become obsolete.Tell me i m wrong or i might  just gave you a new idea  lol
More Castles to the King of Castles 
Sep 25, 2018, 12:0409/25/18
02/29/16

gogo tyrant god said:

well stoneheart Castle is no benefit to non coiners and is pointless to New players and non coiners for what takes and requires to use and Upgrade building just another coining feature by the way if Wondering i'am a coiner and a big spender and plarium vip but even i as all those Things won't be spending any Money or Sapphires on this anytime soon not that i can't just that i dont want too bad move plarium bad update even worser if you are a New player and non coiner and worse of all they don't have catacombs as well meaning that troops can be killed easily by big hammers that not problem for me i can defeat big hammers but new players and non coiners can't by the way it is pointless to add this update anyway as the Death of this game Draw ever closer to imploding as this game is basically at Death door so this update was pointless at this stage of the game as where it is now and where it is going and heading  as i said bad move plarium bad update this is

All players have Catacombs no matter whether they're new or not, using the in-game purchases or not.

And Stoneherat Castle doesn't give you the opportunity to kill Units in Catacombs. Raid Resources - yes, but don't kill Units.