what is happening with sparta?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Aug 30, 2021, 02:4008/30/21
02/14/18
LEM

as far as troop compositions there are combinations in attacking that can take out specific lines of soldiers in pans, cities and capitols.. takes some time to figure it, but it works.. as far a city attacks in particular... most attacks i see in the game is people tyring to overpower a city in one shot.. and that is how they lose the bulk of their armies... you have to hit a city , knowing you may lose the engagement now, but can sustain a second attack after looking at his troop composition and making adjustments for his structure if need be.. and maybe it is just my opinion.. but most simply do not now how to attack and disect their targets

I agree, and now with elysian troops and new champions the possibilities of the combinations increased a lot... so a real study of the troops' characteristics could really improve your game. Especially your attacks.

Thanks for sharing your point of view, LEM. 

Aug 30, 2021, 04:2108/30/21
03/15/16

yes it is... for instance... if you look at the defensive abiltities of mps and phalanx.. they lose 40-60 percent of their power on impact wheh hit by lights and heavies.. the reverse is true when attacking.. and most players attack with only 1 or 2 lines of soldiers and they get slaughtered by something that is staggard and balanced.. the key is to support your more powerful soldiers with the lighter ones and this is not something that very many do at all.. it is a discipline that has to be done to engage opponents long term.. and most defenses will take mor ethan one attack.. and that is another thing that most do not do... also players do not work together to coordiante attacks an work in teams. and the tools are there with ally reports etc to see in real time what happens in cities, not pans and caps..the smaller sldier upgrade faster and cheapeer also and there is a massive difference between +24 and +40... and that difference is mulitplied exponentially with the new general upgrading.. so yes you can play and fight without spending as much,, but doing it smarter and with a purpose... the most valuable soldier is not horses or calvary... it is heavy infantry supported by lights and in support of the larger stuff, but the game does not allow you to get those very easily.. you have to build them

Aug 30, 2021, 04:3908/30/21
03/15/16

and this was the reason i asked why the timber and bronze packages were limited while the grain was not.. you can only by 30 a day.. with the army sizes now there shoukd be more to counter it.. and be more competative.. the opportunity to buy more a day would allow players more flexability in what type of soldiers they can field and more control of composition of those armies

Aug 31, 2021, 15:5808/31/21
Sep 3, 2021, 12:01(edited)
09/20/15

I played this game spanning about 5-1/2 years, from about 8/2015. What attacted me was the prospect of strategic war... and then prospects of refining such arts in the sandbox so to speak. I became intrigued once I realized (at the time and arguably), how the combined aspects of social/war can be considered as "only limited by the imagination". Next thing I knew I was hooked. One could find the best of the best as easily as the worst of the worst, alike. Many were acually both. Yet, a deliacte, wobbly balance thrived for years. Alas, nothing lasts for ever in never-never land. Later on, the mindscape was nearly voided by some very naughty monetary schemes that simply gutted the social/war synergy. ... I imagine i've plunged a good 50k here on 3 servers. I kept thinking about how "truly challenging" the game once was and how "personal fortitude" applied gravity to the arts of war "and" did not leave one "feelling exhausted every week, not ulike a squirrel on a running wheel", excepting fo coarse, unless there was an actual protracted conflict, etc. I too (having been one among many that succumbed to to conquests of the the 4H), learned evolved my use of smaller forces and went through "much pain" to figure it out. I could on and on and on and on. I left. I did not give up, I left. I won't whine to say I was let down, etc. I gave up because "the thrill is gone" due to one simple inexusable and unavoidable fact. If I cannot not evolve my skills at the arts of war in a war game, why should I bother?

Edited

Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
Sep 8, 2021, 12:4409/08/21
04/05/21
Silver

I played this game spanning about 5-1/2 years, from about 8/2015. What attacted me was the prospect of strategic war... and then prospects of refining such arts in the sandbox so to speak. I became intrigued once I realized (at the time and arguably), how the combined aspects of social/war can be considered as "only limited by the imagination". Next thing I knew I was hooked. One could find the best of the best as easily as the worst of the worst, alike. Many were acually both. Yet, a deliacte, wobbly balance thrived for years. Alas, nothing lasts for ever in never-never land. Later on, the mindscape was nearly voided by some very naughty monetary schemes that simply gutted the social/war synergy. ... I imagine i've plunged a good 50k here on 3 servers. I kept thinking about how "truly challenging" the game once was and how "personal fortitude" applied gravity to the arts of war "and" did not leave one "feelling exhausted every week, not ulike a squirrel on a running wheel", excepting fo coarse, unless there was an actual protracted conflict, etc. I too (having been one among many that succumbed to to conquests of the the 4H), learned evolved my use of smaller forces and went through "much pain" to figure it out. I could on and on and on and on. I left. I did not give up, I left. I won't whine to say I was let down, etc. I gave up because "the thrill is gone" due to one simple inexusable and unavoidable fact. If I cannot not evolve my skills at the arts of war in a war game, why should I bother?

Edited

I am very sorry to hear that you've stopped playing. 

In case you change your mind, feel free to join our Sparta family again. We will be more than happy.

Sep 9, 2021, 10:4709/09/21
09/04/16
morteeee

its all about playing smarter not harder 

How smart could you be against an opponent that has 150000 Dimacha, 250000 hamippos, 300000
mamertines and 400000 pezos full power ?   

i

Sep 14, 2021, 06:4309/14/21
11/05/15

thats where your coalition and alliance comes in, we try to actively trap them ;)

Sep 15, 2021, 08:4409/15/21
09/04/16
morteeee

thats where your coalition and alliance comes in, we try to actively trap them ;)

Traps is a double-edged sword, both sides bleeds.

Time players need lots months or years of training  to recover lost units but CC players need to wait until the next monday when 75% revive will be active.

Sep 16, 2021, 08:2109/16/21
11/05/15
IOANNIS

Traps is a double-edged sword, both sides bleeds.

Time players need lots months or years of training  to recover lost units but CC players need to wait until the next monday when 75% revive will be active.

not at all, we have found that if a trap city is balanced with about 300k of def power per defender the losses are 

1) evenly spread

2) losses are easily replaced with normal game play within a week or two

as I said, play smarter not harder ;)

Sep 18, 2021, 17:5409/18/21
09/04/16

300k per player is very liltle amount of units.

I can't name it Wall, brick is more suitable. 

With normal training i can replace the 300k in less than 2 days

Oct 5, 2021, 05:3310/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 05:34(edited)
06/06/15

I remember 6 years ago when  first started playing it was easy to see a wide variety of players with levels anywhere from 20 to 50. Now, unfortunately there are virtually no levels like that any more, only 80 and above. It was a blast back then. If your not a coiner and willing to invest your life savings you just can't compete. I wonder how does Plarium plan on bringing in new players? How are they going to encourage them to stick around when they obviously cannot compete? The game was great back then now it's completely flooded with so many ways for Plarium to make $$$ and it's become more like a Dungeons and Dragons role playing game than a stratagy war game. I miss the constant coming in of new players. That's what made it fun. Bascially this is just a game where you can "buy" your way to the top without having to earn your way to the top. And for those who don't have the $$$ to invest why should they even stay when there is no way they can ever compete.

Oct 5, 2021, 06:0510/05/21
06/08/16

There are no small cities of levels 20 or 50, for the simple reason that the game stagnated, but if we can see cities of large levels {90-100}abandoned throughout the map, the natural reason would be to think that something is wrong, but for developers and Mods everything is fine, how long can sparta resist? In a couple of years we will know the result

Oct 5, 2021, 06:1410/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 06:17(edited)
04/30/16
Achilles The Destroyer

I remember 6 years ago when  first started playing it was easy to see a wide variety of players with levels anywhere from 20 to 50. Now, unfortunately there are virtually no levels like that any more, only 80 and above. It was a blast back then. If your not a coiner and willing to invest your life savings you just can't compete. I wonder how does Plarium plan on bringing in new players? How are they going to encourage them to stick around when they obviously cannot compete? The game was great back then now it's completely flooded with so many ways for Plarium to make $$$ and it's become more like a Dungeons and Dragons role playing game than a stratagy war game. I miss the constant coming in of new players. That's what made it fun. Bascially this is just a game where you can "buy" your way to the top without having to earn your way to the top. And for those who don't have the $$$ to invest why should they even stay when there is no way they can ever compete.

That is exactly the concern that we have been raising to Plarium for a long time: how they intend to bring in new players and that they can grow and compete or they will simply let the game die? 

Denying what happens and saying that everything is fine, only tells us that they have chosen to let it die. 

Oct 20, 2021, 01:5210/20/21
02/14/18
Silver

Edited

I am sorry that you decided to leave the game because when I read you, I had the feeling that you still have challenges in Sparta that you would like to be accomplished.

If my experience can help you, when I thought that my game was stuck and felt like leaving, the challenge of changing coalition renew my point of view and fulfilled my expectations.

Sometimes you just need a change.

Best wishes and I hope to have news from you soon :)

Oct 20, 2021, 02:0710/20/21
02/14/18
Achilles The Destroyer

I understand your concern, Bathory, but as a player, I experience myself that teamwork can provide any player with the ability to stop a harassing coiner. Of course, we all like to be strong enough for ourselves to attack, defend ourselves and defend our allies for ourselves ... but the game has its times to enhance individual development. However, the game also has the possibility of bridging as a team the distance that may exist between your abilities as an average player to that of a player who invests in boosting troops and development in the game.

Oct 20, 2021, 02:2710/20/21
02/14/18
Argoss

There are no small cities of levels 20 or 50, for the simple reason that the game stagnated, but if we can see cities of large levels {90-100}abandoned throughout the map, the natural reason would be to think that something is wrong, but for developers and Mods everything is fine, how long can sparta resist? In a couple of years we will know the result

I am sorry that you believe that mods and developers don't care about the evolution of the game. As a mod myself, I can assure you that we are working all the time with the Community Managers checking the players' feedback, discussing and sending the impressions to Plariums team for improvements all the time. Also, we know, and you too, that developers are constantly working on updates and new features to rebalance the game and make our game experience more enjoyable. These past years we saw the rise of guardians, elysian troops, moon quests, puzzles, acolytes, Arena, dominion updates, new champions... among a lot of other features. On a side, life happens and sadly some players had to leave game due to personal reasons. Other players decided to stop playing alts. But I see around me in Sparta a lot of activity in my team, Union, Sparta pages and general game... so no, I don't think the game is dying. Let's find out in a couple of years who´s right. I'm sure I will be still in the room :) 

Oct 20, 2021, 02:3910/20/21
02/14/18
IOANNIS

300k per player is very liltle amount of units.

I can't name it Wall, brick is more suitable. 

With normal training i can replace the 300k in less than 2 days

Funny quote :)

Still, a wall is built with bricks. And yes, you can replace very fast the 300 k and plus the rewards from PVP... if you get enough. 

I believe that walls are a nice strategy for growing accounts. 

Oct 20, 2021, 02:5110/20/21
02/14/18
LEM

yes it is... for instance... if you look at the defensive abiltities of mps and phalanx.. they lose 40-60 percent of their power on impact wheh hit by lights and heavies.. the reverse is true when attacking.. and most players attack with only 1 or 2 lines of soldiers and they get slaughtered by something that is staggard and balanced.. the key is to support your more powerful soldiers with the lighter ones and this is not something that very many do at all.. it is a discipline that has to be done to engage opponents long term.. and most defenses will take mor ethan one attack.. and that is another thing that most do not do... also players do not work together to coordiante attacks an work in teams. and the tools are there with ally reports etc to see in real time what happens in cities, not pans and caps..the smaller sldier upgrade faster and cheapeer also and there is a massive difference between +24 and +40... and that difference is mulitplied exponentially with the new general upgrading.. so yes you can play and fight without spending as much,, but doing it smarter and with a purpose... the most valuable soldier is not horses or calvary... it is heavy infantry supported by lights and in support of the larger stuff, but the game does not allow you to get those very easily.. you have to build them

In this, the light and heavy troop training reinforcements come much less frequently than the respective ones for the cavalry, for example. Thank you very much once again for your detailed and relevant explanation on game mechanics, LEM. I sure learn about those! 

Oct 20, 2021, 04:1610/20/21
06/08/16
Karl Curston

I am sorry that you believe that mods and developers don't care about the evolution of the game. As a mod myself, I can assure you that we are working all the time with the Community Managers checking the players' feedback, discussing and sending the impressions to Plariums team for improvements all the time. Also, we know, and you too, that developers are constantly working on updates and new features to rebalance the game and make our game experience more enjoyable. These past years we saw the rise of guardians, elysian troops, moon quests, puzzles, acolytes, Arena, dominion updates, new champions... among a lot of other features. On a side, life happens and sadly some players had to leave game due to personal reasons. Other players decided to stop playing alts. But I see around me in Sparta a lot of activity in my team, Union, Sparta pages and general game... so no, I don't think the game is dying. Let's find out in a couple of years who´s right. I'm sure I will be still in the room :) 

-nobody absolutely nobody

We have the best development and engineering group working hard to give us the best experience and game quality, of course none of this would be possible without the timely collaboration of our mods :V

i

Oct 20, 2021, 15:0410/20/21
08/05/16
Argoss

-nobody absolutely nobody

We have the best development and engineering group working hard to give us the best experience and game quality, of course none of this would be possible without the timely collaboration of our mods :V

i

😂😂😂😂😂😂 fun but true