Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
May 19, 2018, 16:1305/19/18
08/21/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Hello, Punisher.

To answer your questions: no, you cannot move to the old engine. At the moment we are in the process of moving more and more players to the new one, at the moment it's over 10k people and there will be more. That said, I can see you have posted in this thread. Please check the original post there, follow the advice. Also, make sure to update your browser to the latest possible version. If you do not use Google Chrome, try that. Failing everything else, please post here with the info I request in the first post the thread.

Dimitri,all my players who play on new engline(not by their will) are very mad and complain about new engine.

a lot players will leave game because of it.

ps. if you move my city on new engine,i will stop to play game!!!

i think the problems is in your devs.this is 2D game.we dont need to see fire and smoke on new engine if some city are sieged,without those and others useless game details they slowing down game even more.we dont need shiny details,we need game to be faster on with no lags,nothing more.

Tonaya
May 20, 2018, 07:5505/20/18
May 20, 2018, 07:57(edited)
01/05/16

i agree with zenekin's post , nicely said , 

2tgamesuk sounds like he knows much more than the devs here , consider hiring him , perhaps will be a good voice for all of us , thousands of us have one voice and can be directed to the right source , it will make a big impact.

i agree with tonaya , am losing members on a continual basis , players witch huge army sizes , since the new engine was introduced they couldnt login the game and are inactive since that time forth , and many who have quit them game informing they didnt sign up for this new engine and playing this game since 3 years have been a waste , they feel violated , and ive lost so many members due to this and am still losing them , many still want to quit and i get messages telling me they wont spend much time in the game and wont be online because the game is beyond their tolerance , so they only check in and out , this isnt how this game is supposed to be , i can see it die-ing , i thtnk the main focus is only on the huge coiners specially in specific two to three coalitions that their neglecting all the other players , and this will be their downfall.

am done with this rubbish.

punisher-
May 20, 2018, 08:5505/20/18
01/13/17

ram .. cpu .. chips ... with a laptop of 600 euros game games that for graphics give 1000000000 million kicks to this game and without problems .. I do not think that neither the graphics nor the engine .. even It is not even plarium's fault and it is something general that is going to happen to all the games in network. (they are finished) if from the end of the flas player. .. they are no longer functional ... plarium must be the first one worried ... although the users do not know it they have statistics that tell them how many players are no longer connected ... or how much money they stopped raising ... a pity but I think other strem platforms etc are very happy with their future.

May 20, 2018, 09:5505/20/18
01/10/17

the boat is sinking

May 20, 2018, 19:2805/20/18
12/26/15

hi im French

is it normal  or oK ? the color game  is UGLY or  rotten ?
May 20, 2018, 23:1505/20/18
12/06/16
Dimitri,   I have always received honest feedback from you. much appreciated! I have only 1 question. When moderators say old engine will be removed from server completely (due to forced change : flash to webgl). What is the "target date" you have set to make this mission critical transition. if only 10k players currently on new engine it is absolutely vital to ensure bugs & issues are improved significantly or we are all at risk of total chaos once entire community is switched over. can you please provide target date. thank you.
May 21, 2018, 03:0205/21/18
12/06/16

After patiently following feedback & speaking directly w 2 extremely computer literate archons below can we agree that switch from flash tech to webgl has bugs & issues which are causing some very serious issues currently. I can provide many more examples if necessary.

since flash tech is working pretty well & available until end of 2020 why would you expose any additional users to significant issues until you are able to address the 10k switched to webgl. 10k large sample size & enough to iron out bugs, etc. these folks should be your priority now (mission critical).

when transitioning to webgl we are basically translating the existing code to new language & I believe the graphics actually remain the same (similar to html 5). This process should take approximately 2 weeks with an excellent team (am being generous w time frame here). minor bugs will always need to be corrected but the people below are actually trying to help you & I hope that you will take their feedback seriously.

Can you commit to 2 simple requests: 1) focus extensively on 10k you decided to use to endure bugs & issues.  2) commit to not bringing any additional users on until you adequately resolve the issues to a greater extent.   we all greatly appreciate your consideration.

May 21, 2018, 03:2405/21/18
07/24/17

Aristotle ... that would be incredibly unfair to players like me that have been moved already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to move everyone to the new server and make it a fair and even game.

Leaving the poor smucks that got forced to move and halting the rest would be amazingly unfair.

May 21, 2018, 04:3505/21/18
08/22/15
Nightbringer said:

Aristotle ... that would be incredibly unfair to players like me that have been moved already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to move everyone to the new server and make it a fair and even game.

Leaving the poor smucks that got forced to move and halting the rest would be amazingly unfair.

spoken like a true snowflake
MariusAdmin
May 21, 2018, 09:3605/21/18
09/04/17

Archons!

To answer some of the questions and concerns that were raised here:

1) Remember to update your software (browser, GPU drivers) to the latest possible version. At the moment we believe the latest version of Google Chrome works the best with the WebGL Engine;

2) Disable Adobe Flash when playing Sparta. You can find instructions here.

3) Make sure WebGL is Supported on your browser. Follow this link to test.

4) Test the game's performance with and without Hardware Acceleration.

5) If all else fails and you have an operation system that is 64-bit you can download the Plarium Desktop App from the homepage of the Portal.

Those of you who are experiencing strange fuzzy text and general lack of sharpness disable Adobe Flash and try to use your browser's zoom function. I suspect this has something to do with screen resolution and will be checking in with the Devs.

To answer Aristotle, we do not have a set target date just yet as Devs will be working on the reported issues/bugs to fix it. But, ideally, it will not take too long. However, there will be no other major intakes for a little while indeed as we will be monitoring the situation and fixing problems that arise.

May 21, 2018, 10:4205/21/18
May 21, 2018, 10:48(edited)
03/10/15

dimitri all that does not change the facts there are lots of errors, looks awful and people get forced to play an experimental server without aproval.

imagine a doctor prescribing a experiemental drug without telling because they need to see if it works.... the steps made by plarium are exactily the same.

all that points  you mention had been done and still same points and errors are still there. because its not our computers, its not our screen ... please be serious, most of us we are not kids, illiterate or stupid :) 

So please .... recognise the big mistake, help us to show devs/plarium what they are doing worng, ebfore this looks like a cementery

May 21, 2018, 10:5405/21/18
May 21, 2018, 10:55(edited)
03/10/15
I hope you dont asks us to go to doctor to review our eyesight and that the reason we all see weird the beta graphics lol because it seems its always our fault lol
MariusAdmin
May 21, 2018, 11:0205/21/18
09/04/17
Fortuna said:

all that points  you mention had been done and still same points and errors are still there. because its not our computers, its not our screen ... please be serious, most of us we are not kids, illiterate or stupid :) 

I know this is hard to see from a player's perspective, but the majority of people reporting issues have something in common. Such as the majority of players unable to load the game at all are on a 32-bit operating system. The fuzzy text has been reportedly fixed by zooming in, which makes me believe it has something to do with screen resolution.
May 21, 2018, 11:0905/21/18
May 21, 2018, 11:10(edited)
03/10/15

it does not 

dimitry have u try it? so you know what we talk about?

it would be good you test it, so you understand what we say :)

and again belive me its not the scree
MariusAdmin
May 21, 2018, 11:1205/21/18
09/04/17
Fortuna said:

it does not 

dimitry have u try it? so you know what we talk about?

it would be good you test it, so you understand what we say :)

and again belive me its not the scree
I am not saying the screen itself is the reason, I suspect that resolution of the game does not adjust to the resolution of the screen. I also do not have any issues with it myself, so my information has to come from the players who reported it in the first place. If you have any factual evidence on the matter, I will be more than happy to review it.
May 21, 2018, 12:2305/21/18

Nonetheless Dimitri, 

You at Plarium need to understand something very simple besides the technical implementation that some of your users need to do in order to have a smoother gaming experience.

We don't like the new changes, we don't like the new graphics, we don't like the way Plarium treats us and we don't like that the game becomes even more greedy as time passes. 

Some of the players along with me both in the past and in present have explained and suggested many changes in various fields in order for the game to be more user friendly and more likable. 

You don't listen. You never listened. And you know what. We've waited... for years... but nothing.

Patience has limits and therefore now you will see eventually players finally quitting the game for good. I know I will do it very soon.

That's it for me. This is my last post in the forum.

So I salute both friends and enemies. It has been a blast. 
May 21, 2018, 12:3805/21/18
05/26/16

I was surprised to read earlier where it was quoted there had been few complaints with the new version. How are players supposed to submit a ticket to Support when their game is not loading fully, and appear to be able to access only the new IM system?

Because of my rank on all 3 servers, I have been inundated with cries for help from players who cannot get into the game beyond the IM. I have advised each of them to submit a post in the forum – there is nothing more I can say or do. For those not aware, there is a place on FaceBook for these posts too, which I haven’t checked yet. It might be worth your while checking this out to see what the others are saying. I have heard nothing but negative reports from those already migrated who can actually get into the game properly.

However, it would appear that players need to meet certain requirements (processor speed/graphic card/internet speed, etc.), so why can’t we be advised in advance what the minimum requirements are? Why do I only have problems with Sparta, when my current equipment is more than adequate for other games I play and have played?

I, for one, am not willing to spend any money at all to update my equipment to continue to play this game when there is no guarantee it will work when I am migrated. It would also be extremely interesting to see your updated 3rd party disclaimer. I have been looking for it for the new version but unable to find it so far.

As and when my account is migrated, I will not be spending any more money to play Sparta, and I will be quitting the game. In the meantime, I am gathering email addresses of all of my friends here so that they can join me when I find a worthwhile and reliable game to play instead of Sparta. The only good things I can say about Sparta are that it used to be a fun game to play and that I have met a lot of wonderful people along the way. For that, I am grateful. For the rest, well ……………..

May 21, 2018, 16:1605/21/18
08/09/15

Is it possible to migrate my account to the new server?

I have loved this game, i have invested a lot of both time and money into it.  I hate the idea of leaving it.

But i am loosing friends i game with and players from my coalition, i would like to see what it is we are dealing with over on the other server.

I am starting to think Sparta is indeed a sinking ship.

The people i am loosing have computers that are very capable - i honestly can not believe each and every one is having issues with their hardware.

100% of the people i know that have been migrated are having these issues.  If they can not be resolved quickly, or if they can not be migrated back until the new server is fit for use, We WILL BE LOOSING THEM.

I need to see what they are dealing with, and if there is solutions to help with this mess.

I need to know if Sparta is a sinking ship, and if i need to try and gather the people i game with and find something new.

These decisions would be vastly easier if i could actually see what is going on in the test server.
May 21, 2018, 16:2705/21/18
08/09/15

I have been told by members that signed up to be beta testers that they have the ability to switch back to the flash servers.

(Some tried to do beta test - but gave up in frustration - they seem to think they were/are able to disable the beta test)

Is this a feature we can suggest to the devs - something we can implement for people force migrated to the new server?

Give them the same options of the test subjects?  (they are now testers - if they like it or not)
May 21, 2018, 16:5305/21/18
08/22/15

oh the irony. this long dead forum is once again buzzing but with players threatening to leave & plarium still doesn't see the picture.

don't leave me here on my own guys in my dead coal with dead chat to raid dead cities & empty emporia. lol