All Categories

The fix to arena indeed works

The fix to arena indeed works

Search
Comments
Jun 15, 2021, 17:0606/15/21
01/19/21
Trips

I am certain I had to buy keys for the CB missions, my team was not very good then.  And definitely manual past the force dungeons lol, as I was extremely magic heavy with no damage dealers at all.  My combined level 20 dungeon times were possibly record setting in the wrong direction.  If you want any tips for Spider/FK happy to help, I have used some very unconventional teams... lol.  

Thanks, might take you up on that later, though I'll make a new thread for it. I'm still missing one measly rare for the Relickeeper summon, so I'm pretty stuck there for now anyway. By the time I reach the last few missions, hopefully I have some more options for building teams. For example, I pulled Sethallia during the 2x sacred event a few days ago (another magic support...), and her kit (A2 in particlar) looks like it could help me tank spiderlings with the heal + cleanse/block poison combo. The other dungeons is probably mostly a matter of getting some better gear, and hopefully expand my hero pool with some non-magic affinities.

Jun 15, 2021, 17:1706/15/21
12/19/19
EGDNIT

Thanks, might take you up on that later, though I'll make a new thread for it. I'm still missing one measly rare for the Relickeeper summon, so I'm pretty stuck there for now anyway. By the time I reach the last few missions, hopefully I have some more options for building teams. For example, I pulled Sethallia during the 2x sacred event a few days ago (another magic support...), and her kit (A2 in particlar) looks like it could help me tank spiderlings with the heal + cleanse/block poison combo. The other dungeons is probably mostly a matter of getting some better gear, and hopefully expand my hero pool with some non-magic affinities.

FYI, there are some non-retroactive missions that catch some off-guard: Ascending a champ of each affinity to 6stars and combining potions (not as much of a pain assuming u can do level 20 keeps).  Could be others I can't recall, its been a while.  Don't knpow much about Sethalia in SPider, typically u want an off affinity tank so force for 20.  The best I know of is Kantra, though I am guessing you did not do that fusion.  But tons of new champs introduced have made spider20 significantly less of a barrier than a year ago.

Jun 15, 2021, 17:5306/15/21
Jun 15, 2021, 17:56(edited)
01/15/21
EGDNIT

Like I said, basically just the last 6 missions.  Auto all dungeons on 20 and the CB 75M/100M damage, though yeah, I could buy a bunch of keys I guess. Also need a GH bonus to 10, but if I really push for it I can get that done in 1-2 weeks unless the arena changes.

I can do auto on 20 for the dragon, but I do 19 while farming because 20 fails too often whereas 19 doesn't fail at all. FK, 18, might be able to manual 19 so the AI doesn't waste debuffs against the shield. IG 17, might be able to auto 18 and manual 19 if I have to but both take too much time for farming. You might notice that the common theme here is spirit affinity, because I'm pretty heavy on magic myself. Spider is a big problem though, can only do 13 there. I lack a good tank to handle the spiderlings, and my AoE/CC options in general are somewhat limited. I'm pretty support-heavy unfortunately.

I have safe dungeon runs for spider and golem 20 but they are slow- but who cares?, ii run them when i sleep

The only 'non free' legendary champ i use is draco, but he could be subbed for any weaken/reduce defence champ

golem 20 i run- draco, miscreated monster, scyl, dhukk, jareg- it is really slow but with loads of hitpoints and a reviver i never wipe...average run 3 mins though

spider 20 - apoth, coldheart, miscreated monster, draco, scyl...again draco can be subbed out easily

I have used achak instead of apoth before now as well.

That team is slow too (3 mins) but never wipes, and again scyl (the freebie!) is integral.

The affinities are a nuisance really as i cant run zavia to blow up dracos poisons...dragon 20 takes 1 minute flat with zavia.

Not sure which champs you have but gives an idea of the sort of champs i use anyway as i suspect we have similar gear and are at similar game stages

Good luck with getting arbiter, i am busy levelling champs to 60 and ascending them as trips said it is not retroactive... but all my arena stuff is showing as complete now, unfortunately i am back in the office now, and its too nice to play much raid in the evening (weather) so i am not playing much.

Ironic given the massive effort i made to get her that i cant be ar*sed to finish the missions :)

Jun 15, 2021, 18:0506/15/21
01/19/21

I haven't even gotten Scyl yet, and my hero pool is not particularly deep. What I do have is mostly supports, so staying alive is not really an issue, but doing damage is. There's a lot of glass cannon syndrome going on in my damage dealers right now, so basically I can get an unlucky turn and it's over. Any dungeon I can complete in less than 5 minutes is "fast" in my world right now.

But we're digressing. I appreciate the help though.

Jun 15, 2021, 18:2006/15/21
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I have safe dungeon runs for spider and golem 20 but they are slow- but who cares?, ii run them when i sleep

The only 'non free' legendary champ i use is draco, but he could be subbed for any weaken/reduce defence champ

golem 20 i run- draco, miscreated monster, scyl, dhukk, jareg- it is really slow but with loads of hitpoints and a reviver i never wipe...average run 3 mins though

spider 20 - apoth, coldheart, miscreated monster, draco, scyl...again draco can be subbed out easily

I have used achak instead of apoth before now as well.

That team is slow too (3 mins) but never wipes, and again scyl (the freebie!) is integral.

The affinities are a nuisance really as i cant run zavia to blow up dracos poisons...dragon 20 takes 1 minute flat with zavia.

Not sure which champs you have but gives an idea of the sort of champs i use anyway as i suspect we have similar gear and are at similar game stages

Good luck with getting arbiter, i am busy levelling champs to 60 and ascending them as trips said it is not retroactive... but all my arena stuff is showing as complete now, unfortunately i am back in the office now, and its too nice to play much raid in the evening (weather) so i am not playing much.

Ironic given the massive effort i made to get her that i cant be ar*sed to finish the missions :)

And what is even more ironic, is once you get arbiter you don't really need her... lol

Jun 15, 2021, 18:2406/15/21
01/15/21
Trips

And what is even more ironic, is once you get arbiter you don't really need her... lol

That is so true! i dont intend to run her in any dungeons at all, maybe faction wars.

Jun 16, 2021, 04:3906/16/21
01/27/21
Trips

Personally I need her.  I'm running High Khatun as my speed lead.  Tonight I should get past the great hall to 9.  Unfortunately, due to them having the spirit and the magic keep missions in the wrong order for how they open, I'll have to wait another week to finish the ascend champs to 6 missions (there is a keep mission right before each one).  The previous time I gemmed magic after spirit but I'm close enough this time that I'll risk it.  Hopefully they won't revert the arena prior to next sunday (27th).  If they don't, it will just be auto the fireknight 20 and spider 20 which I have to complete and I'm not overly worried about either.  I'll just need to build a couple of characters specfically for each but I can afford to do that even as a f2p for Arbiter.  Oh, and the 100 million on the nightmare clan boss will have to wait for a day when it is spirit or I'll have to buy a key.

Jun 16, 2021, 12:0806/16/21
04/14/20
EGDNIT

Sethallia was my first lego, she's amazing especially when booked, though other legos may be still higher priority for books. Indeed quite helpful in spider, though in the long run you'll still want to aim for MM plus a good off-affinity tank with high resistance, in which case you don't really need Sethallia or any other healer anymore. 

Jun 16, 2021, 12:1106/16/21
04/14/20
Trevor Wilson

That is so true! i dont intend to run her in any dungeons at all, maybe faction wars.

You may not absolutely need her in the sense that you can manage without her, but once you have her built, she's still excellent basically everywhere. Major upgrade over Apo and also in many cases over Scyl, though that depends on the circumstances and the rest of the team. 

Jun 16, 2021, 14:5806/16/21
Jun 16, 2021, 15:01(edited)
01/15/21
L9753

You may not absolutely need her in the sense that you can manage without her, but once you have her built, she's still excellent basically everywhere. Major upgrade over Apo and also in many cases over Scyl, though that depends on the circumstances and the rest of the team. 

You may be right, i will have to try arbiteer and will use in arena anyway, but i have scyl fully booked and while people led me to think she is only really for early game.... i just think her kit is fantastic (i have mine with good accuracy, fairly high defence (5.5k defence) decent speed and about 70k hp and she just picks me back up every time if anything goes wrong)

I honestly think she is an under-rated champ, i use her almost everywhere except classic arena and CB

Jun 16, 2021, 16:3306/16/21
04/14/20
Trevor Wilson

You may be right, i will have to try arbiteer and will use in arena anyway, but i have scyl fully booked and while people led me to think she is only really for early game.... i just think her kit is fantastic (i have mine with good accuracy, fairly high defence (5.5k defence) decent speed and about 70k hp and she just picks me back up every time if anything goes wrong)

I honestly think she is an under-rated champ, i use her almost everywhere except classic arena and CB

Scyl is definitely not only for early game, she's a solid dungeon carry and, if booked and built for it, offensively decent as well with that stunning AOE, plus some assorted TM help. So yeah, you may be right that she's under-rated by a lot of people. But she's not the game-changer that Arbiter is, with her AOE revive immediately followed by AOE TM/attack boost/heal. There are some circumstances where Scyl can work better, but overall, she's not quite in the same league. 

Jun 23, 2021, 17:4706/23/21
05/18/21

I can not even get out of bronze 1 on tag team and silver 3 on regular arena because everyone power is higher and champions are all mostly legos  

Jun 23, 2021, 18:2906/23/21
01/04/20
Steve71

I can not even get out of bronze 1 on tag team and silver 3 on regular arena because everyone power is higher and champions are all mostly legos  

Don't  worry,  tag  team  is  like  that  for everyone.  

Jul 6, 2021, 01:0507/06/21
03/12/19

What fix, at certain times you get easy and at other times you cannot win. Some fix, Arena power 135 cannot win against anyone. All power is 200+, yeah fixed great. Unless, you hit refresh for like 5 hours straight you might get some where, not likey. Just do away with it all together or until you can make it where my power is at 135 and eveyone in arena at that same power should be the ones I attack or get attacked by. How hard is that?

Jul 7, 2021, 16:2207/07/21
02/22/21

The fix was EXCELLENT for me.  I have jumped frpm Bronze 2 to Gold 3/4 in about three weeks. SUPER happy to be making progress again.

There are still some things I do not understand in how the opponent pool is drawn... but this is an improvement!

Jul 7, 2021, 18:3007/07/21
04/14/20
midmichiganjosh

The fix was EXCELLENT for me.  I have jumped frpm Bronze 2 to Gold 3/4 in about three weeks. SUPER happy to be making progress again.

There are still some things I do not understand in how the opponent pool is drawn... but this is an improvement!

Enjoy it while it lasts, which won't be forever... at some point a month or two from now, you'll be squeezed out and drop down a bunch of tiers again. Unless somehow Plarium finds a more sustainable solution in the meantime, but I'm not holding my breath on that... plus, even in a more sustainable solution, many of the people who shot up from bronze into gold 4 would drop back as they really don't belong in gold 4 (not sure if that's the case for you personally). 

Jul 7, 2021, 23:0307/07/21
11/16/20

arena fix is was great, just leave it alone and dont fix it more.

Jul 9, 2021, 15:0307/09/21
08/06/20

Totally agree with those who says its better now.

As i posted in the past, i gave up doing arena except for daily quest,

due to being stuck going up, then straight back down again in Bronze 2-3.

Was so demoralising just gave up.

So then, now tried again since the patch and i am surprised to say finally enjoying arena.

Have gone from Bronze 2-3 to Gold 2 now and hope to go higher.

Thankyou for listening to the players and making the game more enjoyable for all. 👍