All Categories

Someone Please Explain this to me

Someone Please Explain this to me

Search
Comments
May 4, 2021, 16:0805/04/21
08/09/20

I just cracked 300 speed in G4 over the weekend.

May 4, 2021, 16:2005/04/21
May 4, 2021, 16:21(edited)
01/15/21
Chill_Dawg

I just cracked 300 speed in G4 over the weekend.

283 sheet speed for my fastest champ.

I just cannot pull either a champ that has better than 15% turn meter (lyssandra style or even seeker), or does turn meter and attack up on the same turn (like gorg or deacon)... that means i run either double turn meter and miss out on attack up- or i run single turn meter and have to run speed gear with savage on my nuker to avoid being cut in. I cant seem to pull better than 19% speed aura either. Maybe i should screw it and work out how to do tank teams.

When deacon was on the 10x, i wasted so many shards (over 50 ancient and 5 sacreds) trying to get him and when i got utter crap was far saltier than i should ever get over a mobile game.

May 4, 2021, 17:1105/04/21
May 4, 2021, 17:11(edited)
07/05/19
Skadi

1. I use such a speed nuke team, even much better champs than the mentioned (Deacon Armstrong, Apo, Ghostborn, Sinesha). It has a counter. Champs with high hp (that probably wear a shield set) together with def enhancing champs (Brago, Duchess, Seeker) are the teams I avoid most of the time in arena.

There are other team compositions that don't have to do the "speed battle", for example Cardinal-Teams.

2. See above.

3. Your benchmark of 300 speed for Bronze is a complete exaggeration. I use less than that in Gold.

1 I did say "their upgrade if you're lucky to pull one"

2. Does any other stats than speed really mattered in arena? Be honest...

3. As I said, someone said it for bronze 3, not me...

May 4, 2021, 17:3405/04/21
08/09/20
lee.ozz.0213

I'm only goingto speak to number 2.

Yes, other stats absolutely matter.

Without accuracy, speed isn't all that.

without attack, crit rate and crit damage on my nukker, speed is useless.

May 4, 2021, 17:3405/04/21
10/15/20
lee.ozz.0213

1. You didn't read what I wrote. I said even the upgrade version of a speed team has a counter in def teams. It's an argument a fortiori that speed teams with Spirithost, Warmaiden and so on have a counter in def teams.

2. Def matters. Hp matters. Resistance matters a lot. Maybe Player J posts his Gold 4 resistance team once more, you would be astonished.

How does a typical speed team beat, let's say, Vogoth (Shield set), Seeker (not in speed-only gear, his main job in this team is triggering the def buff with his passive), Stag Knight, Skullcrusher? And that's even the "fair" version of such a def team, without legendaries (Roshcard and Valk!). Of course there are ways to beat such teams: buff strippers with a ton of accuracy (buff stripping needs acc to land). But a typical speednuker team (or even my team) has big problems here.

3. Who cares what "somebody" says. 300 speed are just not needed for Bronze.

May 7, 2021, 06:0105/07/21
02/08/21

My favorite part of this thread is the players that genuinely don't see an issue with the arena. Pointing out flaws on the players line ups, Play the campaign, get through the dungeons and my favorite, "complete those missions" Plarium values getting to silver one, as the same as beating stage 7 of potions in regards to its missions.

I pushed to silver, for the mission, but had to drop my PP down, as this is what rates your match ups, to do this I pretty much had just my 4 arena champions, and resetting all their gear, I think I pushed down to about 50k PP I fed all my champions that where built for other aspects of the game, just for a mission, and to actually get some levels in my great hall, i couldn't even work on prepping champions to feed, as the change in PP would set me back, there is no side progression like this, I got my great hall all to level 1, and worked out level 2/3 would be 13 days total play time of arena wins. As soon as I gave up, and started progressing out of arena I found my self dropping fast and now I'm stuck behind the mission of getting one of my great hall ranks to 4, and iv completed 14 future missions, will breeze through the remainder of the non-arena based missions, oh this is only Part 2 of my missions.

There is an issue with arena, and its not an easy fix for sure, and people not seeing an issue is an issue in its self. The first start is removing PP as the defining stat for rank ups, and giving winners rewards for defense, if players can earn medals for defense, they may value a balanced defence, and not feel the need to stay as low as possible for easy wins.

Yea not everyone has the knowledge to build a great team from day 1, learning gear priorities and synergy of champions is part of the learning process, but mocking a genuine question as to what makes something hard isn't the best way to start educating someone, want to encourage new players not turn them away.