All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Jun 10, 2023, 23:4506/10/23
12/30/20

There are a good many issues that folks who are newer in the game - whether it be time spent playing, being around the game, etc. - including roster depth, understanding of how to combat certain champions, gearing, among other problems when it comes to Live Arena. Expectations have to be tempered for those who are grinding their way up, still.

Jun 11, 2023, 00:2606/11/23
10/13/21

I agree. Live arena does suck. It seems to be turning out like the Hydra. I'm at lvl 70, but I can't win no matter what I do so I don't play.

Jun 11, 2023, 14:2806/11/23
09/24/20

Live arena = NOT FUN

just had a 4 1/2 min fight, got one actual turn.

guess you need 7000 speed to get turns

really getting fed up with this crap.

Jun 11, 2023, 14:5906/11/23
12/19/19

smh still...

Jun 11, 2023, 15:4506/11/23
04/18/21

I wonder why the PvE in this game is so interesting but in PvP it produces more boring than any other game.

RSL has implemented a lot of content over the past few years, and it takes a lot of time and energy just to do them every day. The final addition of the live arena is particularly problematic because it is boring and wastes more time and energy than necessary. The live arena is a pain to even just do.

If the content is boring but not time-consuming, or interesting but time-consuming, it can still be forgiven. But LIVE ARENA is boring and time consuming content.

If you don't know how to make it more interesting, why not at least consider a system that can save more time?

Jun 11, 2023, 18:3906/11/23
12/19/19

Think of Raid as a stacked bar chart or area chart, with the first "column" representing stage1(<30 days) and last bar representing end game.

Each bar sums to 100 (% allocation of time).

The first bar is going to be only campaign and daily quests.

The last bar is going to is going to have maybe 5% for those 2 things, and include everything else (hydra, IT, SD, DT HARD, TAG, LIVE, ...) with live being the least important for 99.99% of us. 

I am far closer to the far right and I speed thru 10 battles in roughly 20 minutes, some I quit out right away and a few battles are quite fun.

Everyone complaining in here is early game, or barely midgame... live is not designed for n00b competiveness. That's just a fact. Dip your toe in when you have time, collect medals slowly and gradually make progress (its impossible not to).  Focus effort in other areas that will help you in both pve and pvp long-term. 

Jun 12, 2023, 00:1106/12/23
01/04/21
fillerspots

It's not about not having a certain champ. It's about the availability and the champs you mention I think all but two of them you have a chance of pulling from shards or earning them from Mission and/or doom tower. I may not be high enough power or level to farm doom tower or do a Missions to get a certain champ but at least they are available for me to get and use in PVP.  

Been playing for a few years now and the champs I mentioned have been around for years.  These ones cause me far more problems than Ninja or Alex.  I have both but use them and gear them for PvE content.  There are plenty of shard pull champs that are better in PvP.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 12, 2023, 00:1506/12/23
02/24/19
Trips

smh still...

You're gonna get neck cramps with all this head shaking

Jun 12, 2023, 01:4806/12/23
Jun 12, 2023, 01:49(edited)
01/04/21
Trips

Think of Raid as a stacked bar chart or area chart, with the first "column" representing stage1(<30 days) and last bar representing end game.

Each bar sums to 100 (% allocation of time).

The first bar is going to be only campaign and daily quests.

The last bar is going to is going to have maybe 5% for those 2 things, and include everything else (hydra, IT, SD, DT HARD, TAG, LIVE, ...) with live being the least important for 99.99% of us. 

I am far closer to the far right and I speed thru 10 battles in roughly 20 minutes, some I quit out right away and a few battles are quite fun.

Everyone complaining in here is early game, or barely midgame... live is not designed for n00b competiveness. That's just a fact. Dip your toe in when you have time, collect medals slowly and gradually make progress (its impossible not to).  Focus effort in other areas that will help you in both pve and pvp long-term. 

Not really.

This content is opened up to more than just "end game" and it also has a tie to PvE development.  

The philosophy you are espousing means the "end gamers" contimnually develop and your early/mid crawl.  Then by the time the early/mid get into end game the "end gamers" will be dominating because of the high potential the "end gamers" gear farmed will be far better.  Then by the time the early/mid get into the higher content the "end game" accounts will be dominating so that they will be locked in places like silver Arena etc.  Remember all the people with stunted Great Halls because they were locked in Bronze Classic Arena when Arena was a mess?  Progress Missions stuck because it is locked behind content people can't progress through?

It's called a flow down effect.  It also requires a bit of looking to long term though and not the short term.  Sure "I've been doing it longer" doesn't mean your doing it better.  There is RNG involved as well so that can also be confused with you thinking you are doing it better and yes longer can mean the RNG is in your "favour".  That then though is a debate about The Infinite Monkey Theorem and the Gambler's Fallacy.

Jun 12, 2023, 13:1106/12/23
09/24/20
Trips

smh still...

what the hell does smh mean?

Jun 12, 2023, 13:1606/12/23
05/26/22

Live arena is my favorite part of the game and I am mid game. I find it a ton of fun. It is taking quite a bit longer than I expected for higher level people to move up into heir tiers... but, I have run into some fantastic lower level teams. With some it is obvious that either they are the luckiest people alive or they are spending through the nose to get champions. With others though, I have seen some really uniuqe team builds that take me by surprise. 

Jun 12, 2023, 14:0006/12/23
12/19/19
Shibb

Live arena is my favorite part of the game and I am mid game. I find it a ton of fun. It is taking quite a bit longer than I expected for higher level people to move up into heir tiers... but, I have run into some fantastic lower level teams. With some it is obvious that either they are the luckiest people alive or they are spending through the nose to get champions. With others though, I have seen some really uniuqe team builds that take me by surprise. 

It can be fun at any level with the right expectations.  Glad you are enjoying it.  I am seeing tons of different comps, many that beat me :)  I lost to a vergumkaar (sp?) team yesterday...

Jun 12, 2023, 14:5106/12/23
05/26/22

BTW what is the best counter for the Tormin & Ignatius team up other than a ton of resiliance? I haven't found a good way to deal with this team without getting locked down and them going over and over. 

Jun 12, 2023, 14:5206/12/23
12/19/19
Shibb

BTW what is the best counter for the Tormin & Ignatius team up other than a ton of resiliance? I haven't found a good way to deal with this team without getting locked down and them going over and over. 

Siphi :)

Jun 12, 2023, 15:0606/12/23
04/05/23
ozkfid

Been playing for a few years now and the champs I mentioned have been around for years.  These ones cause me far more problems than Ninja or Alex.  I have both but use them and gear them for PvE content.  There are plenty of shard pull champs that are better in PvP.

Yes, I agree but bronze and early silver is what I was speaking about and they do cause newer players a headache at least with Ninja.

Jun 12, 2023, 20:0206/12/23
04/18/21

It is easy to end by saying, "I am enjoying this content, and those who are not enjoying this content are just NOOBs."

However, saying so will not bring any positive change to the current situation where many people feel that there is a problem with LIVE ARENA. It is just too meaningless and unintelligible to the majority of people.

We saw this trend in the early days of FINAL FANTASY 14, which regained popularity because of dramatic improvements in content, while other games that relied solely on the positive opinions of a few users and did not make improvements were all but eliminated. I look forward to seeing what improvements Plarium will make to this content in the future, both good and bad.

Jun 12, 2023, 22:5206/12/23
01/04/21
fillerspots

Yes, I agree but bronze and early silver is what I was speaking about and they do cause newer players a headache at least with Ninja.

It can be about what you pull in shards.

I banned Siphi and this was still their team roster.  Their resistance was really high so they had decent kit as well.  Their Duchess was resisting everything and I have a Shaz that also wasn't landing bombs and his Acc is high enough to usually land.  I was winning the speed race so I was able to keep on top of them and my turns came around faster.

I don't have a Duchess, Siphi or Mountain King

Lvl 62.

i

Jun 23, 2023, 08:1906/23/23
01/04/21

Hey Mod you can tell Raid their Live Arena does really suck

Unfortunately I have been able to level up into Silver III so now it's worse than in the lower levels.  Silver III is artificially higher than I should be.

- You don't lose enough points to stop progressing when they allow you to win by throwing bots teams at you

- You get matched with lvl 100's who not only now have double your PP but also 200 more Arena points

- Bots have champs with stone skin

- Bots run the clock down

- Bots don't quit when it is definte even running on Auto they will lose

- Bots don't take instant turns

- Bots force you to to play the entire round until they are all dead

This means wasting time and wasting effort on completely unwinable matches.  Have no problem losing but tired of the unwinable and wasting time with the Bots.

I would guess the Bots are usually the rubbish teams of players who aren't in a clan and usually don't have enough Arena points to be in the same level.

So stop playing you say.  Which will eventually lead to issues of not having the Arena Bonuses for the more advanced cointent as it rolls out.  Which would then reflect back to quality of gear which will then reflect back to the other content and the other Arena in the game.  Like all the people with the stunted GH from when the classic arena was really bad and couldn't move up in mission progression etc.

Jun 23, 2023, 14:0006/23/23
12/19/19
ozkfid

Hey Mod you can tell Raid their Live Arena does really suck

Unfortunately I have been able to level up into Silver III so now it's worse than in the lower levels.  Silver III is artificially higher than I should be.

- You don't lose enough points to stop progressing when they allow you to win by throwing bots teams at you

- You get matched with lvl 100's who not only now have double your PP but also 200 more Arena points

- Bots have champs with stone skin

- Bots run the clock down

- Bots don't quit when it is definte even running on Auto they will lose

- Bots don't take instant turns

- Bots force you to to play the entire round until they are all dead

This means wasting time and wasting effort on completely unwinable matches.  Have no problem losing but tired of the unwinable and wasting time with the Bots.

I would guess the Bots are usually the rubbish teams of players who aren't in a clan and usually don't have enough Arena points to be in the same level.

So stop playing you say.  Which will eventually lead to issues of not having the Arena Bonuses for the more advanced cointent as it rolls out.  Which would then reflect back to quality of gear which will then reflect back to the other content and the other Arena in the game.  Like all the people with the stunted GH from when the classic arena was really bad and couldn't move up in mission progression etc.

What are your expectations? I agree with the tedious bot fights that are SLOW... but those are free wins at least.  Based on your level 95, you are probably early mid-game.  You are in S3 of Live, that may be a temporary  pause for you until more play.   Then you will get pushed to S4, regardless of how bad you play.  That is where I am "stuck".  And correctly so.

Plarium nerfed the progression difficulty to near Classic levels, be happy with that.  Collect a few medals per day and just  ride it out slowly.  These new area bonuses do not limit progress in any way whatsoever.  Anyone that does 10 matches per day makes progress, it is impossible to regress.

May I ask what Tag Arena tier you currently are in?  

Jun 23, 2023, 21:4406/23/23
Jun 23, 2023, 21:54(edited)
01/04/21
Trips

What are your expectations? I agree with the tedious bot fights that are SLOW... but those are free wins at least.  Based on your level 95, you are probably early mid-game.  You are in S3 of Live, that may be a temporary  pause for you until more play.   Then you will get pushed to S4, regardless of how bad you play.  That is where I am "stuck".  And correctly so.

Plarium nerfed the progression difficulty to near Classic levels, be happy with that.  Collect a few medals per day and just  ride it out slowly.  These new area bonuses do not limit progress in any way whatsoever.  Anyone that does 10 matches per day makes progress, it is impossible to regress.

May I ask what Tag Arena tier you currently are in?  

Expectations were that it was going to balance out as the "players progressed".  Not expecting to progress beyond where I should be.  I care less about losing when it's balanced.

When I say artificial 2 x genuine wins = 10 points, (1,2) x bots = (5,10) points, (6 ,7) losses = -(12,14) points so you will progress.

Tag I am in S3 can't get higher at the moment like I said missing depth of roster.  (Although I have seen CC like Ash who have pointed out there are issues in Tag)

Annoyance is the time and yes it does matter about the area bonuses if you think about the gameplay development and content in PvE just like the GH does when building champs and kit.  That is called math and you have to think long term though.