All Categories

Hard Dungeons - feedback thread

Hard Dungeons - feedback thread

Search
Comments
Mar 22, 2023, 18:1303/22/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

That's just silly. The calculation carries over to solo strats in any dungeon. Speed gear was just an example. Feel free to substitute reflex. Not sure if viable solo strats for spider exist.

Or to put it more succinctly: whooooosh

I think silver is calcualted incorrectly, again I did not do the math but solo farming 20 HAS to be the most silver efficient.  Unlike many, I do value greenies so I like that those are included with brutal 12.3 runs.  

Mar 22, 2023, 19:1003/22/23
06/05/22
Trips

I think silver is calcualted incorrectly, again I did not do the math but solo farming 20 HAS to be the most silver efficient.  Unlike many, I do value greenies so I like that those are included with brutal 12.3 runs.  

Fair enough, I did neglect the silver gains from the additional runs that method 1 does. This is counterbalanced by the higher rarities of method 2, don't know which way it comes out on net. (To be crystal clear: definitely a mistake on my side, thanks for pointing it out!)

I don't particularly think of silver for dragon and IG. dragon gives waaaay less silver than spider. Something like a factor 3 difference. IG is even worse. The only half-decent one is FK. If you want silver, you should avoid the 3 other dungeons as much as possible. That means, going in, reaching your goals, and leaving again. Your goals are either fusions or gear. If you value gear very close to 0, then solo 20 strats are of course correct. But even if you value gear only somewhat, then farming a bit of gear as a side effect of doing the fusion is a good thing.

My account is still at the point where a 6* leggo without set bonus is a viable piece. Of course certain sets are way more valuable than others. That doesn't mean a piece of a "blank" set is worthless though!

Mar 22, 2023, 19:1503/22/23
06/05/22

NOTE: I know it's frustrating to have to deal with a partial analysis that doesn't perfectly cover your use case. I could spend a week or a month writing a program where you put in exactly how much you value all the thousands of different resources in raid, the minimum amounts of resources of each type to acquire, and then it spits out an energy-optimal plan to achieve that goal. But that's way overcomplicated and no-one would use it. So I focus on a few simple, central examples.

Mar 22, 2023, 19:5103/22/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

NOTE: I know it's frustrating to have to deal with a partial analysis that doesn't perfectly cover your use case. I could spend a week or a month writing a program where you put in exactly how much you value all the thousands of different resources in raid, the minimum amounts of resources of each type to acquire, and then it spits out an energy-optimal plan to achieve that goal. But that's way overcomplicated and no-one would use it. So I focus on a few simple, central examples.

I hope you don't think I am dismissing your pov, I think this is the most productive thread on optimization this forum has had. Granted the bar is low for productive threads  :)

And your efforts are far greater than my inputs to the discussion, much appreciated. 

My late game (guessing years longer play than yourself) changes the value for most coefficients in the model significantly. That and my outlier style of play.

Cheers.

Mar 22, 2023, 20:1503/22/23
06/25/20

One other thing which you may not be factoring into your calculations (didn't read, sry, at work) - campaign drains autobattles crazy fast. Solo farming lets you minimize your real-world time consumption by just setting autobattle on dungeon and burning all your energy off.

Mar 22, 2023, 21:0703/22/23
06/05/22
kramaswamy.kr

One other thing which you may not be factoring into your calculations (didn't read, sry, at work) - campaign drains autobattles crazy fast. Solo farming lets you minimize your real-world time consumption by just setting autobattle on dungeon and burning all your energy off.

That's a potential problem, yes. I also play on mobile, but occasionally I'll boot up raid on the PC to do really long 1000+ energy runs. I haven't tried RSL helper or anything, just wrote my own "autoclicker" (it's like 5 lines of python to do the very basics). If I ever have major need for 12-3 farming, I'll probably go for one of these tools. But as a low spender, I find myself limited by food availability, not energy.

Mar 22, 2023, 21:2503/22/23
06/25/20
Urlibu FTP

That's a potential problem, yes. I also play on mobile, but occasionally I'll boot up raid on the PC to do really long 1000+ energy runs. I haven't tried RSL helper or anything, just wrote my own "autoclicker" (it's like 5 lines of python to do the very basics). If I ever have major need for 12-3 farming, I'll probably go for one of these tools. But as a low spender, I find myself limited by food availability, not energy.

You'll quickly find that you have no real need for food anymore, once you start solo farming dungeons :)

Mar 22, 2023, 21:5303/22/23
06/05/22
kramaswamy.kr

You'll quickly find that you have no real need for food anymore, once you start solo farming dungeons :)

No, I meant the exact reverse. I did dragon 25 food farming for months. I would consistently run out of champions to level up. Spending mystery shards down to 0 during training events and so on.

Mar 22, 2023, 22:2203/22/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

No, I meant the exact reverse. I did dragon 25 food farming for months. I would consistently run out of champions to level up. Spending mystery shards down to 0 during training events and so on.

I buy champions in market to conserve greenies.  Kram means he has nobody worth ranking up to 60... I am in same boat.  I rank up champs to 6stars just to use chickens and/or get points now...

Mar 24, 2023, 14:2703/24/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

Can I request a script to open mystery shards and auto feed all to a designated 6-1 champ? 

How many lines of code? 

Mar 24, 2023, 15:4503/24/23
06/05/22
Trips

Can I request a script to open mystery shards and auto feed all to a designated 6-1 champ? 

How many lines of code? 

I'm curious, doesn't RSL helper do this? This is actually not that easy, as you now need to scrape and interpret the contents of the screen.

This is was software developers spend most of their time on. Something that's simple in principle, but a bit fiddly so it needs to be tested and made robust. you don't want me to feed the legendary to the common, now do you?

Mar 24, 2023, 16:1403/24/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

I'm curious, doesn't RSL helper do this? This is actually not that easy, as you now need to scrape and interpret the contents of the screen.

This is was software developers spend most of their time on. Something that's simple in principle, but a bit fiddly so it needs to be tested and made robust. you don't want me to feed the legendary to the common, now do you?

My last PC died, so haven't run RSL helper in a while. My backup computer can barely handle plarium play lol.  And I don't run games on work computers:)

My simple approach would be to make the script less robust, and require setup of moving all non food champs into vaults prior to execution. Have one locked 4-1 food (or an actual champ 5.1 or 6.1) that you would eat everything until full.  Run until champ full or greens empty. 

My programming days are mostly retired, I just direct others so I have no restrictions on difficulty of task  😀

Mar 24, 2023, 22:4303/24/23
06/05/22
Trips

My last PC died, so haven't run RSL helper in a while. My backup computer can barely handle plarium play lol.  And I don't run games on work computers:)

My simple approach would be to make the script less robust, and require setup of moving all non food champs into vaults prior to execution. Have one locked 4-1 food (or an actual champ 5.1 or 6.1) that you would eat everything until full.  Run until champ full or greens empty. 

My programming days are mostly retired, I just direct others so I have no restrictions on difficulty of task  😀

Ah, if something this brittle would already be useful that's about an hour of work maybe.

I'm still curious about the question of silver in dungeons. So I'll trade ya. Build me an excel table with the sale price of all gear that drops from dragon (all 9 sets, all 6 slots, 5-6 star, rare-mythic), and I'll write that script in exchange.