All Categories

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Search
Comments
Mar 22, 2023, 15:0103/22/23
harleQuinn

If by Damage Control you mean "share strategies to beat UDK in both endgame and early game accounts" then yes. Happy to try and help folks have an easier time winning in arena, against UDK, against Siphi, against Taras/Marichka.

Unfortunately Taras/Marichka are so good I have a hard time helping folks beat them, since they're nigh unbeatable when built well. But I'll keep trying to figure out ways to make it easier for myself and others. I need to figure it out, frankly, cause they aren't going anywhere and they are the most difficult champs for me to deal with in the entire Arena, ever, since I started.

The reason you don't hear endgame players complaining about beating UDK in Plat Arena is that he actually ISNT important to the team. Instead, he protects Marichka, the champ that actually IS important, slowing down fights during plat reset. At reset your defense is unlikely to win, cause the offensive teams are crazy. Instead, the goal is for your team to look like it will take longer to fight than other teams. But in spite of that plat reset trick, beating UDK is never an issue at the extreme competitive ends of the game.

If you meant something else by Damage Control, then no, we're not doing that. :)

Taras/Marichka tandem its almost same story. The creators not a littlebit overshoot the mark.

So, if UDK wont be important for those teams in top 20, they wont should be using. 

But they are using and their teams its works, the tabelle showing for everyone. 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 22, 2023, 15:0303/22/23
12/30/20
Deleted

I agree, its good point, when some peoples just see the problems from one side with tons of experience. UDK was problems before experiences and before Ronda release for starters and new players, no matter how try some peoples try to tell their own truth.

The UDK trend went up to higher leagues too.  But every who tell something from UDK, its sure cry or complaining. :DDDD

To set a premise here: Games are meant to require some level of strategy to beat, sometimes being challenging in nature.

UDK is just another concept to tackle within this game, and not a particularly difficult one either. 

If we had it your way new players would stop trying to educate themselves on how to improve at the game, there would be endless nerfs and the strategy would be to cry and complain endlessly. Rather than you know, try to get better.

Mar 22, 2023, 15:1603/22/23
dthorne04

To set a premise here: Games are meant to require some level of strategy to beat, sometimes being challenging in nature.

UDK is just another concept to tackle within this game, and not a particularly difficult one either. 

If we had it your way new players would stop trying to educate themselves on how to improve at the game, there would be endless nerfs and the strategy would be to cry and complain endlessly. Rather than you know, try to get better.

Agree, the game complex with many possibility. With news character , weapon sets etc , always need to creating new strategies against opponents. Its fine. But an old players adapt more faster, with their huge knowledge than starters and new players. Need to give them more times. ;)

And other thing, not everyone crying or complaining when see something problems, just want to point this, but sometime bounce back from the "again a crying reaction" walls.

Remember for the Arena and the deflating point system.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 22, 2023, 15:1803/22/23
Mar 22, 2023, 15:22(edited)
12/30/20
Deleted

Taras/Marichka tandem its almost same story. The creators not a littlebit overshoot the mark.

So, if UDK wont be important for those teams in top 20, they wont should be using. 

But they are using and their teams its works, the tabelle showing for everyone. 

This is not seeing the forest for the trees, which I think you do too often. Just ignoring the value of champions to a team, relative and absolute. 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 22, 2023, 15:2303/22/23
Mar 22, 2023, 15:24(edited)
12/30/20
Deleted

Agree, the game complex with many possibility. With news character , weapon sets etc , always need to creating new strategies against opponents. Its fine. But an old players adapt more faster, with their huge knowledge than starters and new players. Need to give them more times. ;)

And other thing, not everyone crying or complaining when see something problems, just want to point this, but sometime bounce back from the "again a crying reaction" walls.

Remember for the Arena and the deflating point system.

I'm glad you're once again making the point of @harleQuinn's post for her. The idea is to hasten the onboarding process for new players, not enable them to throw their hands up when they meet the tiniest bit of resistance. There are always going to be players whose instinct is to complain and sometimes quit when there is any difficulty. The ones who excel are the ones who are willing to work their way through problems and be willing to learn.

Unfortunately, your approach enables the former and makes the latter much more difficult to do since it removes the concept of problem solving and leans hard into crying.

"And other thing, not everyone crying or complaining when see something problems, just want to point this, but sometime bounce back from the "again a crying reaction" walls.

Remember for the Arena and the deflating point system."

If you cannot make your point without bringing in a topic that is completely unrelated and has zero bearing to a champion - the topic at hand - then your point isn't very good at all.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2023, 15:3803/22/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

I'm glad you're once again making the point of @harleQuinn's post for her. The idea is to hasten the onboarding process for new players, not enable them to throw their hands up when they meet the tiniest bit of resistance. There are always going to be players whose instinct is to complain and sometimes quit when there is any difficulty. The ones who excel are the ones who are willing to work their way through problems and be willing to learn.

Unfortunately, your approach enables the former and makes the latter much more difficult to do since it removes the concept of problem solving and leans hard into crying.

"And other thing, not everyone crying or complaining when see something problems, just want to point this, but sometime bounce back from the "again a crying reaction" walls.

Remember for the Arena and the deflating point system."

If you cannot make your point without bringing in a topic that is completely unrelated and has zero bearing to a champion - the topic at hand - then your point isn't very good at all.

I will say the deflating point system is an argument to why arena can be difficult, especially when first starting. Even mroe so before you make it into Gold and get the benefit of the loss limits. Silver and Bronze don't have that 20 losses a day limit, which means offensive losses can have a lot harsher vibe for someone pushing up in that tier rather than Gold.

That IS a different story, sure, but it does play to the overall feel of arena. It is certainly interesting to have the loss limits in Gold rather than Silver or Bronze.

If Gold is supposed to be the difficult arena tiers, perhaps it should have no loss limit, while Silver and Bronze do have one. I know I have remarked on this before, just bringing it back up.

Mar 22, 2023, 15:4203/22/23

"If you cannot make your point without bringing in a topic that is completely unrelated and has zero bearing to a champion - the topic at hand - then your point isn't very good at all."

Again dthorne04 style :DDD LOL Unrelated when you guys did a big mistake, because you just listen your own damage controls. It was as example. Or other thing harleQuinn can answer with his post, not need everytimes you to run just like a lovely white knigh on white horse to save him. :DDDD 

Sorry but I couldn't miss this

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 22, 2023, 15:4503/22/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I will say the deflating point system is an argument to why arena can be difficult, especially when first starting. Even mroe so before you make it into Gold and get the benefit of the loss limits. Silver and Bronze don't have that 20 losses a day limit, which means offensive losses can have a lot harsher vibe for someone pushing up in that tier rather than Gold.

That IS a different story, sure, but it does play to the overall feel of arena. It is certainly interesting to have the loss limits in Gold rather than Silver or Bronze.

If Gold is supposed to be the difficult arena tiers, perhaps it should have no loss limit, while Silver and Bronze do have one. I know I have remarked on this before, just bringing it back up.

swapping the loss caps to lower arena is the way, I think. would make way more sense and is something I can get behind to ease the onboarding process in the game. 

loss cap needs a change at Gold, at the very least G5. :)

Mar 22, 2023, 15:5203/22/23
harleQuinn

Yes its difficult, everytime will be a problem somehow. Speed teams, UDK Marischka,deflate system, stoneskins, etc etc etc

You trying to help we see it, when the starters gave difficults. So we respect this. You bring here many example to beat UDK. Block buffs, multi-hitter,bombs, counter heroes and more. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2023, 16:0603/22/23
02/24/19
Deleted

"If you cannot make your point without bringing in a topic that is completely unrelated and has zero bearing to a champion - the topic at hand - then your point isn't very good at all."

Again dthorne04 style :DDD LOL Unrelated when you guys did a big mistake, because you just listen your own damage controls. It was as example. Or other thing harleQuinn can answer with his post, not need everytimes you to run just like a lovely white knigh on white horse to save him. :DDDD 

Sorry but I couldn't miss this

Heya Deleted. Let me take a time out from what I think is an actual productive conversation about arena, about UDK, and about account progression in general to address this comment.

In the same way you respond and quote to whatever you'd like on these forums, dthorne is allowed to as well. If he disagrees with you, he is allowed to respond. This is generally an open discussion forum. You, for example, jump into threads whenever you'd like. You qoute my comments quite a bit actually, on threads you weren't in. I've never personally called you anything, or said you were a white knight, a black sheep, or anything else.

Please be respectful enough of my positions and thoughts that someone agreeing with me isn't automatically a "White Knight", and try to keep your discussions as civil as I do with you.

Mar 22, 2023, 16:1703/22/23
06/25/20

Okay - so not to derail your little public/private chat, but my two cents here -

I wonder if a big part of the UDK problem is simply that the game doesn't do a great job of showing/explaining exactly *why* he is so difficult to beat? I feel that newer players experience the same problem, to a far lesser extent, with champs like Apothecary, Vergis, and even Paragon. They don't understand why they keep doing damage but their opponent never seems to die.

For those latter three champs, it doesn't take a ton of investigating in-game to understand. But for UDK, even if you read his kit fully, it's not totally obvious what is happening - specifically around the fact that he gets stronger when his team dies, and, more importantly, he heals when you heal. We understand that this is easily dealt with through block healing, destroy max hp, etc. But newer players may not get that.

Short of a massive UI/UX overhaul, I don't know if there's any great solution to this. Just pointing out part of where the problem may lie. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2023, 16:2103/22/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Okay - so not to derail your little public/private chat, but my two cents here -

I wonder if a big part of the UDK problem is simply that the game doesn't do a great job of showing/explaining exactly *why* he is so difficult to beat? I feel that newer players experience the same problem, to a far lesser extent, with champs like Apothecary, Vergis, and even Paragon. They don't understand why they keep doing damage but their opponent never seems to die.

For those latter three champs, it doesn't take a ton of investigating in-game to understand. But for UDK, even if you read his kit fully, it's not totally obvious what is happening - specifically around the fact that he gets stronger when his team dies, and, more importantly, he heals when you heal. We understand that this is easily dealt with through block healing, destroy max hp, etc. But newer players may not get that.

Short of a massive UI/UX overhaul, I don't know if there's any great solution to this. Just pointing out part of where the problem may lie. 

How dare you derail my chats?? lol

Also, this is an interesting point. Thanks for your two cents on this. I am also not sure how to get that information out, but maybe there is something to be done in this regard. I will chat with some folks about it. :)

Mar 22, 2023, 17:1303/22/23

harleQuinn can i ask something when trying to build a counter team against UDK for starters ?

Set Ordinator if you have ? Speed teams with Ordinator who is just only one Rare with AOE bomb skill. I think thats should work too.

Other thing. Krama wrote some smart things , what could problem at starters. Their possibility is tight at start. Their charater base, limits their options.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2023, 17:3403/22/23
02/24/19
Deleted

harleQuinn can i ask something when trying to build a counter team against UDK for starters ?

Set Ordinator if you have ? Speed teams with Ordinator who is just only one Rare with AOE bomb skill. I think thats should work too.

Other thing. Krama wrote some smart things , what could problem at starters. Their possibility is tight at start. Their charater base, limits their options.

I think you would have to pull Ordinator first, and I don't have him on my little testing account.

I don't think I'd want to build Ordinator to 60 just to plug in versus UDK though. I'm just unsure where else he could be good, or even useful. Maybe Bommal I guess, but that's quite a stretch. If his bomb had a 100% chance to land, he would be better, but his bomb maxes out at 80% which is not so great.

If he was my ONLY option to counter UDK, maybe I should consider him. But it seems better to just skip those fights until you build your Ronda or even a Hoskarul or many others. :)

Mar 22, 2023, 23:5603/22/23
10/25/20

easy to defeat with bombs greetings 

Mar 23, 2023, 08:2703/23/23
Mar 23, 2023, 09:40(edited)
11/19/22
Deleted

Starting players now have access to Deacon, which should help a lot. The bottleneck will simply be getting starter champ + Deacon + Ronda to 6*, but all three will be useful across most content anyway. Genbo could be a good 4th member of the team, for those who got him from the Amazon promo. 

Mar 23, 2023, 11:5803/23/23
Mar 23, 2023, 12:01(edited)
09/02/22
kramaswamy.kr

I agree with @kramaswamy.kr here and would like to add a couple of other things I believe Plarium could do to help this situation:

1. Fix the issue with UDK's health bar... it's been almost a year... I feel like this is a huge issue for new players. They don't know about this bug... and don't understand that UDK actually has health even though they can't see it. I feel like this is why we see so many of these 45 min / 1500 turn post. They see UDK at almost 0 health and believe that they FINALLY have him and wining is just one more hit away.

2. Purge Inactive Arena Teams. If you haven't competed in an offensive Arena battle for say 60 days... then your Defense team is removed from the roster. If you return, you start back @ Bronze 1. I feel like there are a ton of  left over Defense teams from inactive accounts that were in Silver / Gold and have finally been pushed down the ladder into Bronze.

3. Not really a "change" that could be made, more of an observation. I haven't run a fresh account in a while but it did seem like, for the first month or so, I could basically face-roll arena due to how the matching system works. Then, at some unknown threshold, the matching system seemed to "kick in" and began putting me against more well developed accounts. Couple this with #2 and new players go from feeling like they are "gettin gud" to "OMG... this game is so BROKEN!!!" Since UDK is a difficult Defensive Champion & prevalent, they assume that he is the sole reason they are no longer steam-rolling through Arena.

As far as the Gold Arena loss cap. I honestly believe this is there to allow people who are not really into Arena, but have put in the time and effort to climb the ladder, to farm medals for their Great Hall. Much like how Dungeons are fairly accessible / farmable through stage 20 but "ramp up" in difficulty beyond that. This makes 20 the "sweet spot" for farming gear, especially for mid-game accounts. Gold Arena is the "sweet spot" for hanging out and farming your Great Hall.

*Disclaimer - The views and opinions above may be sarcastic and/or wrong. I continue to reserve the right to be both. 😁*  

Mar 23, 2023, 19:1303/23/23
Mar 23, 2023, 19:15(edited)
12/29/19
Kankle69

"Early game players: We're having problems dealing with UDK defences that have flooded the arena. We're really frustrated!" 

Plarium: Here is a free Legendary Champion named Ronda. Her kit negates every single ability that a UDK
possesses. Her A1 hits 3 times (4 if the target is below 50%). UDK can only block the first hit on one of his team mates. Her A2 completely shuts down UDK's Active & Passive skills for 2 turns on a 3 turn cooldown, ignores his shield, & 30% of his Defense. Her A3 hits 2 times. Again, UDK can only block the first hit on a team mate. As a bonus we're throwing in a full set of Savage Gear. It will ignore an additional 25% defense.

Late Game Players / Forum Moderators: Here is a comprehensive guide on building an Arena team using a new account, built around a starter champion, using the free log-in gear. Here are screenshots of this Arena team defeating every single UDK team encountered from Bronze 1 through Gold. (PRIOR TO RONDA'S RELEASE). Here is a list of things that will assist you in defeating a UDK including, but not limited to, NOT using healing gear or champions who use healing abilities.. this includes the LIFESTEAL SET, killing the UDK first, using the (best early to mid game) free Dec. Defense Champion available from stage 9 of the Campaign, using Destroy Gear (destroys enemy MAX HP by 40% of damage delt) available from the same stage (yep... you can farm Destroy gear AT THE SAME TIME you're farming Warmaiden), using champions with heal reduction skills, using turn meter control champions, etc....

Actual response from Early Game Players: That is too much work!!!  I just want to que up against the lvl 80 Account with a single lvl 60 UDK and auto attack with my mismatched, un-ascended,  0 masteries, lvl 50 team in 4* gear. I have 4 champions and he only has 1. 4 is MORE so I SHOULD WIN!!! I was winning every one of my arena matches until I met that horrible monster UDK!!! I've been playing 3 whole months!!! I should be able to faceroll my way to Plat Arena. This game is rigged, it's PTW, UDK needs to be NERFED!!!!

So you know what... yep... stop whining crybaby.

wont work if he is in full skin and a healer to bring him back ronda rosley will be dead lol 

Mar 23, 2023, 19:2403/23/23
09/02/22

"wont work if he is in full skin and a healer to bring him back ronda rosley will be dead lol"

Not if you equip Ronda with a super Voltron Ring!!! FYI, five mini lion bots come together to form one super-bot! 

The SUPER-BOT can hit UDK with 1.21 Gigawatts from it's Flux Capacitor!!!

GREAT SCOTT!!! UDK is dead!!!

Just gotta Learn to Play bro...

Mar 24, 2023, 14:4103/24/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

swapping the loss caps to lower arena is the way, I think. would make way more sense and is something I can get behind to ease the onboarding process in the game. 

loss cap needs a change at Gold, at the very least G5. :)

I agree, but would rather it just stay as in g5... classic arena should remain optional for late game if we are going to have live arena. 

I don't see how it can be fixed without it returning to the time sink category...

Its clear plarium has no intention of ever reducing the amount of time "required ", but I feel there has to be a breaking point on increasing it. No? Damn, I hope so. And hope we've hit it... 😆