All Categories

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Search
Dec 3, 2022, 22:5312/03/22
11/15/22

Genuine question. Why is Ultimate Deathknight defended so vehemently by people on this forum in such a hateful way? If almost everyone believes he is a broken champion, then why do a few people defend it with so much animosity? I don't want UDK to be useless, but I feel incredibly bored with this game, seeing UDK in 9 out of 10 arena matches because anyone can stack regen on him and have the fight last 20+ minutes?  It's just not a fun mechanic and I think it's been clear that most people hate it. Why defend it? This game wasn't nearly this unfun and boring until UDK came out, making every match up the same.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 3, 2022, 23:0912/03/22
10/15/20

I don't se UDK in 9 of 10 arena matches in Gold. What arena tier are you in? The fact that he is not used in Gold very often despite the fact everybody has him indicates that he isn't a top tier arena champ. Which champs do you use as arena team? I guess 90% of the UDK teams you see are easy prey for you - once you start to build a proper team.

Complaining about UDK doesn't help you, Plarium will neither change this champ nor the arena mechanic.  Build a team that can beat him and start farming medals. All the UDK + 3 random champs in lower arena tiers are great for you as attacker.

Dec 3, 2022, 23:1212/03/22
01/15/21

He isnt broken though, he is easily countered.

There are a lot of better arena champions on defence than UDK. He is designed to counter certain champs on offence.

Dec 3, 2022, 23:2212/03/22
11/16/20

Udk teams for the most part are freen wins in gold.

Dec 3, 2022, 23:4712/03/22
02/11/21

I'll speak for myself: 

I don't defend UDK, I'm just tired of people who couldn't be bothered to learn the game or listen to advice come here b***ing and moaning about how OP he is while rudely disregarding people who know a thing or two about the game. 

So to reiterate, I harbor no sentimental attachment to UDK, my animosity is entirely towards people, and that animosity is based on their attitude towards people who try to help them. You have a hard time with UDK, let us help. Post your roster, let us know where you are in the game and whether arena should even be your focus right now, show us your builds. Don't want help? Then I'll treat you like a person who just came here to whine. That's really all there is to it.

The advice I got from my clan and this forum saved me months of struggle and hundreds of dollars. There are people here who have made mistakes, learned from them, and offer their advice for free. These people are more helpful than content creators....and I love watching content creators...but these guys will help you with your challenges personally. Some are F2P end-gamers.

I'm nowhere close to end-game, but I have Lydia and Mithrala, I've beaten the last few rotations of DTH, I just one-keyed Brutal Hydra, and I'm smelling that sweet Platinum air about 50-60 pts away (no chance of staying there, but still feels good).....and when I need help, they help me....and I listen. So when "Just Got Jizoh Johnny" comes along and starts acting like they don't know what they are talking about, I'll get testy....because it's been going on long enough. Hope that answers your question. 

Dec 4, 2022, 01:3812/04/22
02/11/22

OP isnt totally wrong. In lower tiers, champions like UDK can be overwhelming to overcome until you get proper arena teams.

Imagine you just started a couple months ago, and you have like 4-5 champions at 60. And you have to face UDK all the time, wont be as easy as it sounds. Your basic speed/drop defense/nuke teams wont necessarily work. At this point, you may not have a Heal reduction, or a block buffs, or a join attack champ, or anything to quickly put down UDK.

The fact that UDK isnt top-top tier n arena from gold 1 and up has nothing to do with it. He becomes top tier in lower ranks because those guys dont have lstacked accounts to deal with him just yet. And if they dont, yes UDK makes fights very long and boring.

Dec 4, 2022, 01:5612/04/22
02/11/21
Swiftblade

OP isnt totally wrong. In lower tiers, champions like UDK can be overwhelming to overcome until you get proper arena teams.

Imagine you just started a couple months ago, and you have like 4-5 champions at 60. And you have to face UDK all the time, wont be as easy as it sounds. Your basic speed/drop defense/nuke teams wont necessarily work. At this point, you may not have a Heal reduction, or a block buffs, or a join attack champ, or anything to quickly put down UDK.

The fact that UDK isnt top-top tier n arena from gold 1 and up has nothing to do with it. He becomes top tier in lower ranks because those guys dont have lstacked accounts to deal with him just yet. And if they dont, yes UDK makes fights very long and boring.

There is a guy (I forget his name) here on the forum who got to Gold 1 within 3 weeks by running a 97% CD Kael and no defense debuffer. Quinn made an entirely new account to go through arena with an untuned team and went 100-1 or so.

I'd like for people to at least try. For one, I don't recommend that people take arena seriously until they have built champions for several critical roles in the game: tm booster, debuffer, nuker, CC etc. 

Second, if they do insist on competing in arena, I'd like to see them at least build a dedicated arena team. A lot of people's idea of where they belong in the game is very skewed, many think they are more advanced than they really are. 

I keep saying this in every post, I just want to see a decently built arena team that struggles with UDK. Nobody ever posts their builds or their teams, they just complain. 

Dec 4, 2022, 02:5212/04/22
Dec 4, 2022, 02:54(edited)
04/24/22

UDK aside ... why arent people picking their fights and using the 15mins refresh ?? I never had to face anything but 4x lv1 teams and 1 man defense teams in 7 months ....edit : thats doing 10 to 15 battles daily too 

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 4, 2022, 03:5712/04/22
12/30/20

I understand people who don't want to invest time into Arena early and want to just mash buttons through PvE, get their starter to 60 and play at their own speed. 

However, I think the resistance that people with that mentality are going to run into on this forum is that the members here largely try to find solutions to in game problems, try to breakdown whatever roadblocks are in their way and continue to progress in whatever content they're up against. So, that mentality really isn't going to fly on here.

While I am understanding of people with the mindset of not wanting to deal with a champ like UDK, I don't think the game (or champion) needs to be changed to fit that view. I still think PvP content should reward people who put the time and effort in, regardless of whether the issue a champion poses is stall based or otherwise. You really can't get mad and also not put in the time to break through those aforementioned roadblocks in the game. 

Fortunately, between Hoskarul and especially Ronda, this should alleviate any problems players are facing with UDK.

Dec 4, 2022, 07:1312/04/22
06/20/19
Lyryal

UDK aside ... why arent people picking their fights and using the 15mins refresh ?? I never had to face anything but 4x lv1 teams and 1 man defense teams in 7 months ....edit : thats doing 10 to 15 battles daily too 

LOL ikr.  I'm solid G5 and have been in platinum 100 times (never for long), and I've never had a serious offensive match since I've been playing.  I even have a 'beat me please' defense.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:4912/04/22
10/15/20

Sometimes people should just start reading the champions skills. I guess most UDK-complainers have their damage dealer in the free life steal set and wonder why UDK allways heals when they attack him.

Similar when Bommal came out. Threads about how unbeatable this boss is every day. Now, Bommal is still in DT, but no complain threads anymore. People learned how to beat him.

Mar 17, 2023, 06:2603/17/23
01/14/23

Just Nurf UDK and the world will be a better place!

All the idiots flopping out their 'you know what' saying how easy UDK is to counter
and how bad new players are is just corrosive to the community.  

Most players build teams around UDK that make it incredibly difficult if not impossible to defeat.  Sure new players can cheese rank but whats the point? The higher the rank the higher the gear requirements and a geared/booked UDK in a good team is a 1000 times worse to face.

Heaps of players are board with it with UDK. 

Heaps of players are hurting because of UDK. 

I dare say some players are quitting because of UDK. 

But no no no no lets keep it because some BD idiots say new
players are dumb and need to get over it!   

Mar 17, 2023, 07:5703/17/23
Mar 17, 2023, 08:03(edited)
06/20/19
Rambo Rick

All the idiots flopping out their 'you know what' saying how easy UDK is to counter

Most players build teams around UDK that make it incredibly difficult if not impossible to defeat.  Sure new players can cheese rank but whats the point? The higher the rank the higher the gear requirements and a geared/booked UDK in a good team is a 1000 times worse to face.

Talk about missing the boat!  I didn't see a single post above talking about 'how easy UDK is to beat.'  Just people saying use your brain, strategize, ask for (and listen to) advice, and then there are ways to manage UDK.  No need to use your brain, no need to use your muscle, no need to think about it.  Well, you showed up today and voiced your opinion, here's your blue ribbon. Job well done.

Mar 17, 2023, 09:2003/17/23
10/13/16
Rambo Rick

Of course players build teams specifically to make them incredibly difficult to defeat.

Thats basically the objective of your arena defense team.

Mar 17, 2023, 10:4203/17/23
01/14/23
Angwil

Talk about missing the boat!  I didn't see a single post above talking about 'how easy UDK is to beat.'  Just people saying use your brain, strategize, ask for (and listen to) advice, and then there are ways to manage UDK.  No need to use your brain, no need to use your muscle, no need to think about it.  Well, you showed up today and voiced your opinion, here's your blue ribbon. Job well done.

Did you read the initial post by, Ziz Phiz, you should try it.  Thanks for the blue ribbon.

Mar 17, 2023, 11:2303/17/23
06/20/19
Rambo Rick

Did you read the initial post by, Ziz Phiz, you should try it.  Thanks for the blue ribbon.

Yes I read the op, and I reiterate, no where above did anyone above say anything about udk being so easy to beat.  If you think that's what was being said I'm gonna have to take back that ribbon.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 17, 2023, 11:5603/17/23
02/24/19
Angwil

Yes I read the op, and I reiterate, no where above did anyone above say anything about udk being so easy to beat.  If you think that's what was being said I'm gonna have to take back that ribbon.

I think you're gonna find yourself doing so. 😆

Mar 17, 2023, 14:3503/17/23
09/02/22
Rambo Rick

This... this post is the perfect example of why it seems like Ultimate Deathknight is defended so vehemently by people on this forum in such a hateful way. Because new players come here and complain... without giving any clue as to what they want or need beyond "I can't beat UDK". Then, when the community attempts to assist those players lash out like a spoiled 3 year old who's not getting their way. I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but unless you have something constructive to add, no one is going to pay you any attention or take your opnion seriously. 

But let me dissect your comment for you:

"Just Nurf UDK and the world will be a better place!" How about no. Not going to happen. He's been the exact same for 8+ months.... since he was released. There are thousands of players, myself included, who pushed through the lower levels of Arena, fighting the same teams that are there now, and did so without Plarium removing every obstacle in the game for them. 

"All the idiots flopping out their 'you know what' saying how easy UDK is to counter and how bad new players are is just corrosive to the community." - No... sorry... people such as yourself, who come here and think that calling the community that has tried to help people "idiots flopping out their 'you know what'", and to somehow claim that those people are the ones who are corrosive to the community are the real issue.

"Most players build teams around UDK that make it incredibly difficult if not impossible to defeat." - How should they build their arena DEFENSE? Should everyone set up a 1-man, lvl 1, common champion defense so that new players can just cruise through Arena?  What is your suggestion? 

"Heaps of players are board with it with UDK." - Fair enough. Are those players also bored with Faction Wars, Doom Tower, NCB, and Hard Mode Dungeons? Should we nerf those as well?

"Heaps of players are hurting because of UDK." - How are they hurting exactly? Is UDK preventing them from advancing anything other than their arena tier & Great Hall?

"I dare say some players are quitting because of UDK."  - Okay. Then quit. 

"But no no no no lets keep it because some BD idiots say new players are dumb and need to get over it!"  Sure, let's start changing things to accommodate a few scrubs who lack reading comprehension skills and the willingness to adjust. Then, the next time they hit a difficult portion of the game they can come back and complain again.   

So I'll ask the same questions I've asked over and over again:

What are the specific issues are players are having with UDK? (Note that "UDK is too hard", "UDK is unbeatable", "UDK needs to be nerfed" are not realistic issues that can be resolved.)

What needs to be nerfed, how does it need to be nerfed, and what is the justification for this change? Please be specific. 

Mar 17, 2023, 16:1703/17/23
06/20/19
Kankle69

This... this post is the perfect example of why it seems like Ultimate Deathknight is defended so vehemently by people on this forum in such a hateful way. Because new players come here and complain... without giving any clue as to what they want or need beyond "I can't beat UDK". Then, when the community attempts to assist those players lash out like a spoiled 3 year old who's not getting their way. I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but unless you have something constructive to add, no one is going to pay you any attention or take your opnion seriously. 

But let me dissect your comment for you:

"Just Nurf UDK and the world will be a better place!" How about no. Not going to happen. He's been the exact same for 8+ months.... since he was released. There are thousands of players, myself included, who pushed through the lower levels of Arena, fighting the same teams that are there now, and did so without Plarium removing every obstacle in the game for them. 

"All the idiots flopping out their 'you know what' saying how easy UDK is to counter and how bad new players are is just corrosive to the community." - No... sorry... people such as yourself, who come here and think that calling the community that has tried to help people "idiots flopping out their 'you know what'", and to somehow claim that those people are the ones who are corrosive to the community are the real issue.

"Most players build teams around UDK that make it incredibly difficult if not impossible to defeat." - How should they build their arena DEFENSE? Should everyone set up a 1-man, lvl 1, common champion defense so that new players can just cruise through Arena?  What is your suggestion? 

"Heaps of players are board with it with UDK." - Fair enough. Are those players also bored with Faction Wars, Doom Tower, NCB, and Hard Mode Dungeons? Should we nerf those as well?

"Heaps of players are hurting because of UDK." - How are they hurting exactly? Is UDK preventing them from advancing anything other than their arena tier & Great Hall?

"I dare say some players are quitting because of UDK."  - Okay. Then quit. 

"But no no no no lets keep it because some BD idiots say new players are dumb and need to get over it!"  Sure, let's start changing things to accommodate a few scrubs who lack reading comprehension skills and the willingness to adjust. Then, the next time they hit a difficult portion of the game they can come back and complain again.   

So I'll ask the same questions I've asked over and over again:

What are the specific issues are players are having with UDK? (Note that "UDK is too hard", "UDK is unbeatable", "UDK needs to be nerfed" are not realistic issues that can be resolved.)

What needs to be nerfed, how does it need to be nerfed, and what is the justification for this change? Please be specific. 

Lol 'lack reading comprehension.' I was gonna say that severs times but just took back the ribbon instead.

Mar 17, 2023, 21:0403/17/23
10/15/20

I wanted to make some nice pics of how easy it is to beat UDK, but I couldn't defeat any UDK. No, no, not because this champ is unbeatable, but because there was not a single UDK in the arena defenses I had to fight right now. I guess, that is because everybody uses this total overpowered champ.

i

i

i

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 17, 2023, 22:1703/17/23
12/30/20

To be fair: I do see him a fair amount in G5 classic/G3 tag, but he's far from ubiquitous.