All Categories

(Teaser) What's Coming in 1.13.5

(Teaser) What's Coming in 1.13.5

Search
Comments
Feb 11, 2020, 02:2002/11/20
08/19/19
Umbreeyoree said:

So let me get this straight plarium, we ask for better Gold 4 chests, because I can end up 20 points away from platinum and end up with an uncommon 5 star divine life flat rate hp boot, and instead ignore them and give better chests to the platinum tier, that already was getting better gear than the rest of us. You then also create 2 new sets of gear, which are incredibly over powered just from looking at them, which will only be available to the top 300 players (and for 24.99 USD whenever you make them a sales product, because you will, don't even think about lying about that as well). You release this info while we are still waiting for 1.13 (which will only be a couple of unit buffs and whatever battle pass is because you refuse to tell us about it) which should have been out in friggin October of last year, and because the development team is so horrible they can't even admit to their own faults and force the community manager's to take all the yelling that is meant for them?

Seriously Plarium, shame on you. Are you incapable of learning from your mistakes, or are you just that short sighted that you're willing to let the game wither and die for a couple extra hundred today?

Edit: Nobody has forgotten Dracogate!

Feb 11, 2020, 02:5502/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 02:56(edited)
09/07/19

So you already have a volatile community and you fuel more discontent, are you really all that ignorant. Was this because Cartman had a tantrum on some other stream, did Cartman request this garbage?  Clearly your executives need to actually think carefully about what to do to appease a community so pissed off with you that they are posting negative feedback on every social platform around including all app store game reviews.

Even the time that Cirilla took with her live interview with Hellhades did very little to appease the community, if anything it just reinforced everyones discontent to a situation that needs to be fully resolved prior to releasing any other news.

And this news has further divided your community, way to go Plarium.....

Feb 11, 2020, 04:0102/11/20
05/04/19

Seems like a bad idea to announce another bonus to whales while the Dracomorph 2020 scandal is still going strong.

This is terribly unbalanced; people in platinum tier are already at the top, and they need items like this the least of all players. Allowing them to move even higher than the rest of the players will create a gap that new players will be unable to overcome, and takes away the incentive to compete for platinum tier at all, even for the rest of your fan base who have been playing a while now.

This is why I never pay for items or spend money in these games. Ultimately something pushes too many players away, the cash flows dries up, and then they take the servers down and all that money is just a memory. Many of us played that game before we started in RSL.

I appreciate those players who do spend money in the game, because they allow me to play while choosing not to spend, but ultimately a couple hundred whales aren't keeping the lights on at Plarium; it's mostly the normal players who make a purchase here and there. It's not a good business decision that has good odds of reducing the enthusiasm for spending on in-game purchases for this portion of the players, as I suspect this will do. I hope Plarium will reconsider such an unbalanced move.

Feb 11, 2020, 04:1602/11/20
02/11/20

Wow! 

This is the first game I’ve spent money regularly on ever but have to start looking for something else...

Starting to wonder if this game is just a front for some case study on abuse and how much people will take before they go off the deep end. 

Feb 11, 2020, 04:1902/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 04:30(edited)
04/07/18

i just had to come back because the more I look at this the more I think it might be the end for me which is a shame because you have actually coaxed more money out of me than any other mobile game ever, but as I think more I realize once your top 300 whales have kitted out in this armor, which is better by far than any other sets, I mean, its not even close, you are going to have to ratchet up the content to keep them interested in areas other than arena which means you are going to tweak the clan boss to make it challenging for them which is going to make it impossible for everyone else.  So you will add another level of difficulty and nerf down the rewards at all the other tiers.  Really, this move is positively stupifying.  Your patch that impacts everyone is delayed.  OK, I am used to that, I was not too flustered about it.  But now you come out with an announcement that does not even impact 1000 players that says " do not worry, we have prioritized content that only effects the tiniest sliver of our biggest spenders.  The rest of you can rot."  I would add I was one of those (and if you read the YouTube comments on your creators videos you will see I was far from alone) that really did not care that you gave Cartman a dracomorph.  One that thought the content creators were being a little on the silly side and maybe had lost perspective a bit (I get it, they are all whales and maybe are not as accepting of favoritism like that to retain other big customers).  Cartman spent a lot of money (I also barely felt sorry for him, even at 10X given the number of legendary champs the odds are beyond awful.  Go buy lottery tickets instead).  And, by the way, 10x chance to pull a particular legendary is a really bad offer.  You are going to get sued over that sort of nonsense at some point.  What, exactly, does that make the chance?  There are a lot of countries where the fact that you do not disclose those precise odds in that particular type of offer is a real problem.  STOP DOING IT - THIS WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN WITH THAT KIND OF SET UP.  Your community managers are heroes, but you guys are really starting to screw up with how you are chasing the biggest whales.  I would love to see what you revenue looks like over the next six weeks, I expect if you do not hit a home run with 1.13.0 that it is going to fall off a cliff.  

Anyway, I was shocked when I looked at my history, I have been playing since last March and I figure my total spend here is around $300 US.  Not much, not even a guppy, but its a revenue stream you have cut off for at least a while.    I hope you can pull out of this nosedive, I really do because I really have enjoyed your product, but I am not going to chase your Valentine's fusion (which, how can you not have started it yet, Valentines day is 4 days away).  I am not going to spend anything for a while.   I hope to come back to spending, but what I see right now is a product that just pushed itself into a death spiral.  

Hire a real PR firm guys to help you to figure out how to please your whales without enraging everyone else.  Stop teasing stuff when you really have no idea how far away it is. Maybe this.  Get it greenlit by the stores, THEN tease it for two weeks.  Then release it exactly when you say you will.   If you read somewhere that there is no such thing as bad press, please understand that there most definitely is and you are getting tons of it today.  Your reputation right now is shite.  Get better at incremental change so you can keep pushing new content more predictably and consistently.  Do it fast.  You are running out of time. 
Feb 11, 2020, 04:2402/11/20
02/05/20
This is just unbelievable. What kind of management/development team do you guys have there?! I suspect you will see an exodus of players will this pile of crap news.
Feb 11, 2020, 04:4402/11/20
08/14/19

With all due respect and love for this game, the new Platinum Tier System looks like this.

Feb 11, 2020, 04:5702/11/20
03/27/19

just add auto play in all area ( campaign and dungeon)

so that i can sleep and let my pc play the game  
Feb 11, 2020, 05:0002/11/20
02/08/20
All this enhancement are for top players. Nothing for lower and mid rank players. If lower rank players keep getting beat by top rank players, you will expect the game is rule by only that few top players. No fun to play any more. 
Feb 11, 2020, 05:0602/11/20
12/06/19
No, no, no, no no. How could anyone thing this is a good idea? Every top tier spender will just pull even further ahead. I understand needing to give platinum something,  but this will make the first people to get these sets, essentially gate keepers. As soon as you'd hit the plat tiers, you'd be dropped instantly. They already have a +5 additional bonus buff too. They are just gonna pull away and the majority of your players will never even see this content. What a waste
Feb 11, 2020, 05:0702/11/20
05/16/19

Wow, in all honesty, those sets are horribly broken.  I get you guys wanting to give people an incentive to farm Platinum, but those sets are adding even more RNG to an already seriously RNG game.

In addition, with rewards continuing to be only being once a week, it's still not worth the trouble.  It would take at least 6-12mos just to get any viable sets.

You guys have so many "50% chance to do this" and "70% chance to do this" types of things already that arena is about 75% lucking out.
Feb 11, 2020, 06:2302/11/20
07/16/18
Wow. Tone deaf doesnt even begin to describe what we're seeing. 
Feb 11, 2020, 06:2902/11/20
02/03/19

You give the top 300, rewards the make they even stronger, sonds like a Plan to kill the Game and get all new People out.

Is not the Best way in my Opinion.
Feb 11, 2020, 07:0002/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 07:37(edited)
03/23/19

Okay... Rant first 'cause otherwise it stays in my system.

Great sets for those 300 lucky people that after equipping this LITERALLY NEVER have to worry about leaving platinum tier. Because they will be undefeatable to all other players. 

This game is by now so pay2win that I don't know of any game worse.

For once consider 99.9% of your player base that are kicked in the groin every update by more Whale-only pay2win content!

Or is your game an old fashioned Oligarchy like in the good old Soviet Union?

END rant....

Now lets see if we can be constructive too.

I understand that the game needs to be paid for one way or another, but the amount of money you need to spend is completely disproportional.1 leg skillbook or 1 sacred shard costs the same as a brand new AAA game title and it's still quite RNG dependant what you get for them. 

If you charge 1/10th of current prices, it will become more accessible to 99% of your audience and your revenues should go up considerably. Further more, if you make it slightly more doable to obtain skill books, decent potions in decent amounts, ok equipment, decent shards etc. without having to farm 1000 hours for 1 item that then turns out to still be crap, you keep the entire community a bit happier, which once again motivates them much more to spend a little now and then. And It all is just a matter of changing prices and changing loot tables. It's probably easier then creating new content.

The path you are currently on looks like one that is headed straight for the abyss. At a certain point people will stop playing en mass because the game is only fun if you spend $150 per month on RNG suprise eggs. And the ones that spend that kind of money won't have fun either, because all the players now have the same edge and it becomes a complete RNG game. 

I used to play EVE online. Did that for over 10 years. That game costed me $12 dollar a month and I was happy to pay that like the other 300k players because you got a great game for it. And It still exists with a good community because of that. Same goes for WOW. And these games are much more complicated to maintain, develop for etc. If you balance your game a little, make it less of an insane grind and drop your prices by A LOT, you probably won't be poorer for it. And you actually then have a memorable game instead of the so manyeth pay2win crapshoot. 

Feb 11, 2020, 07:3802/11/20
10/02/19

Pretty much making it impossible for new players to get INTO the Plat tier since Plat players are going to get rewards that make them better than everyone else for already being better than everyone else. 

What a brainlet idea.

I regret that I made some purchases earlier instead of joining the store boycott.

Lesson learned.

You're not getting another dime out of me until/unless you make changes that benefit EVERYONE and help keep the game competitive.
Feb 11, 2020, 07:4902/11/20
06/13/19

Don't know if it's already been said. But the pure intention here is to feed the whales.. In order to become good in this game they want you to become one.. So what are people gonna do.. Invest more to get to that tier..

Let's be honest, what will plarium get from F2P players when they suit their needs ? They have a rich paying player base that are way more important to fulfill needs from
Feb 11, 2020, 08:0002/11/20
11/09/19

Hi,

the idea is ok, to release new items, but the recompensation only for top players/platinum ( whales ) is not ok. You should implement it like the gear in dungeons, for example ( for bronze arena common gear1-2*, for silver uncommon 2-3*, and so long till platinum to get legendary 5-6*).

So that all players should try to progress not only to big players, who already have gear and champs.

BR,
Feb 11, 2020, 08:0102/11/20
01/25/20
This update is complete shit and just whale food, you just validated why I canceled my pass last week and went %100 ftp, your pandering to the top .5% is ridiculous, you can't even give us the 1.13 patch that you promised and your working on whale food. Way to fail, congrats.
Feb 11, 2020, 10:2902/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 10:30(edited)
01/16/20
Etniss Keverdeen said:

Don't know if it's already been said. But the pure intention here is to feed the whales.. In order to become good in this game they want you to become one.. So what are people gonna do.. Invest more to get to that tier..

Let's be honest, what will plarium get from F2P players when they suit their needs ? They have a rich paying player base that are way more important to fulfill needs from
I don't know if you are a bot or being sarcastic... or just a straight up fool. Simple math says that 1000 1$ purchases are more than a single 300$ purchase. What they are doing is the exact opposite of how a successful business works. This is like a lesson how to milk it when it's close to death. Too bad, the game had potential, but even a tesla can crash when idiots are behind the wheel.
Feb 11, 2020, 11:2002/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 11:20(edited)
05/17/19

Hi, guys and girl!

First of all, I would like to say thank you for sharing your feedback with us. 

I do understand that you're all waiting for Release 1.13 (and we do wait for it too!), however as we promised earlier, we want to inform about some things in advance, so that you are aware of upcoming modifications. Thus, we've made a decision to make this post. 
We want to reward our players for their achievements properly, so that is why we will introduce these additions!

As for rewards in Gold IV Tier,  as we stated earlier, 20  we discussed this question multiple times, but haven’t made the final decision yet. We thought about creating brackets in Gold Tier (like Platinum Tier with 300 places in it) to improve the rewards for Gold 4, but we’re not sure if such a feature can please most of the player base. Thus, the question about the Rewards in Gold 4 Tier is still open and we will keep thinking about what we can do here. But be sure, we do remember about this. 

Thanks for understanding.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.