(News) Maulie Tankard  Fusion

(News) Maulie Tankard Fusion

Search
MariusAdmin
Sep 20, 2019, 07:3109/20/19
09/04/17

(News) Maulie Tankard Fusion

Greetings from Plarium!

To celebrate Octoberfest, we have released a brand new Legendary Champion, one who is now available through Fusion! Check her out:

There is arguably no tavern quite as famous and quite as beloved in the entire Dwarven Kingdom as the Stout Oak Inn, which sits comfortably just a couple of streets down from the capital’s main square. And Maulie Tankard - the ever-cheerful barmaid, whose smile dazzles even the gruffest Dwarf - played an important part in maintaining the reputation of her beloved establishment. Indeed, one would be hard-pressed to find a maiden so chipper and upbeat. Maulie knows when the serve the ale and tell an anecdote that will have the patrons rolling in laughter, and when to goad them into a good old tavern brawl. But when the dust settles and the broken furniture is tossed out of the doors, everyone gets back to drinking and singing and praising their hostess.

Life would have gone on at the same jolly pace were it not for the Demonic invasion of her homeland. For a while, the Stout Oak had fallen quiet, no songs were sung within its walls, no competitions or drinking games took place. Instead, sombre soldiers of the King’s Guard took refuge within. When Demonspawn descended upon them, using wings or dark magic to overcome the city’s walls, so too the Inn came under assault. It was then Maulie Tankard showed her courage.

When a monstrous hound knocked the Guard Captain over and nearly brought its jaws snapping at his throat, it was Maulie who save his life. Seizing a massive fork - one of the sausages that she was cooking still impaled upon the tines - she charged the beast and brought it low with a single precise stroke. Emboldened by her example, Dwarven warriors counterattacked and beat the demons back.

Once the siege had been lifted, the Captain found Maulie again and presented her with a masterwork hammer - one of the oldest symbols of Dwarven Warriors - commissioned in the likeness of that fateful fork. Though meant as purely symbolic, the hammer was a potent weapon, and Maulie would have no other when the lure of adventure finally drew her out from her tavern and to the Surface. Though where some seek glory and riches, Maulie Tankard wants nothing more than a wealth of good stories to tell when she returns, and some new recipes to spoil her regulars with.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 20, 2019, 07:3509/20/19
03/28/19
Nice job plarium good kit
Sep 20, 2019, 07:3809/20/19
10/02/18
wow, that passive ability...
Sep 20, 2019, 08:0109/20/19
09/04/19
let us hope it does not take hell to get her or cost more than 100 USD.
Sep 20, 2019, 08:2609/20/19
08/02/19
I love the direction Plarium has gone with this by the update notes. She's available for fusion and the components can be gained through events. Hopefully the events arent paywalled.
Sep 20, 2019, 08:2909/20/19
02/14/19
Compere her kit to mountain king. :-D 
Sep 20, 2019, 08:5509/20/19
03/17/19
Marius said:
How about fixing things, like the slow game play, or the multi battle that's been broke for a long time, instead of trying to money grab with all this new content. 

Greetings from Plarium!

To celebrate Octoberfest, we have released a brand new Legendary Champion, one who is now available through Fusion! Check her out:

There is arguably no tavern quite as famous and quite as beloved in the entire Dwarven Kingdom as the Stout Oak Inn, which sits comfortably just a couple of streets down from the capital’s main square. And Maulie Tankard - the ever-cheerful barmaid, whose smile dazzles even the gruffest Dwarf - played an important part in maintaining the reputation of her beloved establishment. Indeed, one would be hard-pressed to find a maiden so chipper and upbeat. Maulie knows when the serve the ale and tell an anecdote that will have the patrons rolling in laughter, and when to goad them into a good old tavern brawl. But when the dust settles and the broken furniture is tossed out of the doors, everyone gets back to drinking and singing and praising their hostess.

Life would have gone on at the same jolly pace were it not for the Demonic invasion of her homeland. For a while, the Stout Oak had fallen quiet, no songs were sung within its walls, no competitions or drinking games took place. Instead, sombre soldiers of the King’s Guard took refuge within. When Demonspawn descended upon them, using wings or dark magic to overcome the city’s walls, so too the Inn came under assault. It was then Maulie Tankard showed her courage.

When a monstrous hound knocked the Guard Captain over and nearly brought its jaws snapping at his throat, it was Maulie who save his life. Seizing a massive fork - one of the sausages that she was cooking still impaled upon the tines - she charged the beast and brought it low with a single precise stroke. Emboldened by her example, Dwarven warriors counterattacked and beat the demons back.

Once the siege had been lifted, the Captain found Maulie again and presented her with a masterwork hammer - one of the oldest symbols of Dwarven Warriors - commissioned in the likeness of that fateful fork. Though meant as purely symbolic, the hammer was a potent weapon, and Maulie would have no other when the lure of adventure finally drew her out from her tavern and to the Surface. Though where some seek glory and riches, Maulie Tankard wants nothing more than a wealth of good stories to tell when she returns, and some new recipes to spoil her regulars with.

Sep 20, 2019, 09:2709/20/19
03/14/19
I just love dwarves. Excellent job!
Sep 20, 2019, 09:4109/20/19
08/02/19
Well, I take back what I said about the events. Plarium wants us to get 21 champions from level 1 common all the way up to 6 star maxed level to get a sacred shard in 2 weeks. I've been playing for 2 months and barely have 4 champions at 6 star, and I've spent money upwards of £150.
Sep 20, 2019, 11:0909/20/19
08/13/19

GranTorino said:

Well, I take back what I said about the events. Plarium wants us to get 21 champions from level 1 common all the way up to 6 star maxed level to get a sacred shard in 2 weeks. I've been playing for 2 months and barely have 4 champions at 6 star, and I've spent money upwards of £150.

Well thats not how you play it. You need to level 1 star,2 star and 3 star heroes. By grinding the campaign levels you get new heroes to level up and fuse them to get higher tiers.

Basically you dont need to upgrade any hero from 5 to 6 stars to finish this event. For the second event though you need to upgrade heroes in tavern, which basically gets easier if you spend your xp upgrades on higher tier heroes. (I am german so pls excuse my english)
Sep 20, 2019, 11:4809/20/19
Sep 20, 2019, 11:56(edited)
08/02/19

mjones said:

GranTorino said:

Well thats not how you play it. You need to level 1 star,2 star and 3 star heroes. By grinding the campaign levels you get new heroes to level up and fuse them to get higher tiers.

Basically you dont need to upgrade any hero from 5 to 6 stars to finish this event. For the second event though you need to upgrade heroes in tavern, which basically gets easier if you spend your xp upgrades on higher tier heroes. (I am german so pls excuse my english)

I think you missed the point of my post - You need to earn 30,000 points in 2 weeks. 

Lets say we worked purely on getting commons from 1 star to 3 star as you suggested. Even still that requires levelling and ranking up 600 commons to 3 star. If you wanted to max out those 3 stars to upgrade them to 4 star, you're still looking at doing this with 188 champions.

Have you got the energy to do that in 2 weeks? In order to achieve these levels farming on 12-3 with XP boost: 

Common 1-10 takes 3 battles and we use 3 slots for leveling up the champs. (Fourth slot will be your farming champion) = 24 energy.

1-20 x3 = I believe takes 72 energy. (Might be 80 but we'll go with the lesser for best case scenario) means it costs us 96 energy to get a common up to rank 3.

So now we take 96 energy as our base for getting a common to rank 3 and multiply it by the amount of runs it will take to get 600 commons to rank 3, (baring in mind we can level up 3 heroes at once) thus completing the event which is: 

96 x 200 = 19,200 energy and you can double that to 38,400 for those players without XP bonus running for 2 weeks. Good luck with completing that.

Hint: if you played for 24 hours every day over the next 2 weeks, you could play with about 720 energy per day AFTER collecting the free energy from dailys. If you strictly upgraded champions and did nothing else, that would earn you 10,080 points. Just over 1/3 of the way there by the time event ends. Nice one plarium.

Sep 20, 2019, 11:5709/20/19
Sep 20, 2019, 12:01(edited)
07/27/19

Anyone else having issues with the tournament not registering levelling points? Only my rank up points are showing :(  

P.S.  Great kit on this Dwarf, why does the Mountain King pale in comparison?  Still!
Sep 20, 2019, 12:0809/20/19
03/04/19
ReaperOz said:

Anyone else having issues with the tournament not registering levelling points? Only my rank up points are showing :(  

P.S.  Great kit on this Dwarf, why does the Mountain King pale in comparison?  Still!
Only levelling in the tavern counts for the tournament.
Sep 20, 2019, 12:1009/20/19
07/27/19

Shield Anvil said:

ReaperOz said:

I missed that, thanks for the info... stupid though

Sep 20, 2019, 12:1509/20/19
Sep 20, 2019, 12:16(edited)
08/02/19
Shield Anvil said:

ReaperOz said:

Oh wow that is CRAZY. How can plarium justify this??? Looks like nobody across the server is making this fusion then short of getting lucky with pulling that new champion from a shard.
Sep 20, 2019, 14:0509/20/19
05/08/19

Plarium please, this leveling event is pay win, not giving points for leveling the characters in the campaign and 10k points requirement simply puts a pay wall on the event.

this makes no sense, please reconsider this

events should be hard, and I agree that anyone who pays should have get the rewards all easy, but preventing those who don't pay have access is toxic

Sep 20, 2019, 21:1009/20/19
08/17/19

holy shit. even if i would commit to this fusion and pay like 200€ on it i wouldnt be sure if i could make it. these events look really tought. 30k points in training/ 10k points in tavern trainig, 2x a summoning event within like 10 days. and some will only be available from an artifact enhancement event which always have the most disgusting point system and require like 30M silver to complete. and even then its a real pain to level up and ascend all of those champions in time.

such events could be a lot of fun but please not like this..
Sep 21, 2019, 16:4509/21/19
09/01/18
Great Event!  Good job on that one....The tournament looks tough at first, but very doable once you allocate your resources properly.  Use ale on level one units (specially 3 4 5 or 6 star units).
Sep 21, 2019, 21:1309/21/19
09/20/19
kappabase said:

Great Event!  Good job on that one....The tournament looks tough at first, but very doable once you allocate your resources properly.  Use ale on level one units (specially 3 4 5 or 6 star units).
The problem is farming the ale, 8 energy is a lot, and the time frame to finish is very small, it looks like they are punishing players insted of reward them, that is why a lot of people can't participate in the tournament or event, you must spend a lot of money and grind a lot. It would be better if they just put the legendary in the store and sell it for 2000 rubies...
Sep 22, 2019, 19:5309/22/19
03/18/19

GranTorino said:

Who's holding a gun to your head?  If it is so impossible, then why do you seem so jealous as if everyone but you will earn the shard?

As information to the general public here, I've used a few brews, ascended few, and ranked up rank 2's to rank 5.  I have 12,000 event points and 6,500 tournament points.  You will naturally complete the tournament 10k requirement if you get 20k in the event.  Its no worse than Excruciator, which I did 'for fun' while I was trying to 6 star things anyways.  These events suck, but preparation is crucial for anyone.  Most important to me is that I'll have 3-4 additional 6 star characters in 2 weeks if I play my cards right.
Sep 23, 2019, 03:3209/23/19
05/31/19

aybartlett said:

GranTorino said:

Who's holding a gun to your head?  If it is so impossible, then why do you seem so jealous as if everyone but you will earn the shard?

As information to the general public here, I've used a few brews, ascended few, and ranked up rank 2's to rank 5.  I have 12,000 event points and 6,500 tournament points.  You will naturally complete the tournament 10k requirement if you get 20k in the event.  Its no worse than Excruciator, which I did 'for fun' while I was trying to 6 star things anyways.  These events suck, but preparation is crucial for anyone.  Most important to me is that I'll have 3-4 additional 6 star characters in 2 weeks if I play my cards right.

B.S. dude. I’ve spent 50 bucks on the brew pack. Ranked up 3 champs to 6s (and all the fodder required for the upgrade). I’ve been grinding this out every day for the last 3 days. Spent hundreds gems on energy refills, that’s on top of the 2000 energy I had saved up. I’m sitting at 9500 event points and 5800 tournament points.

There is no way you “used a few brews, ascended a few, and ranked up rank 2s to 5s”, to get where your at. You either work for Plarium, or are a complete WHALE, who is still in the closet about being a whale. Don’t come in here spitting your lies. And if I’m wrong about you, post a couple pictures of your account and prove it. I bet your rolling in the legendary champs.

Now, from my experience, the fusion event is just ok...They are obviously trying to make money, and I don’t really think it’s possible for a F2P player to complete it.  But I think there’s some decent rewards for trying. Mistress of Hyms is a decent champ for people that need a res champ. And the new epic dark elf (Captain something), is a decent looking epic that is 100% obtainable for a F2P in the 2 weeks period. I think just to make more “Fair” for F2Ps they should make it a month long event, and just give some huge rewards to the whales along the way for either reaching a certain threshold of points (like 30,000 event points...), or for finishing in a certain time. Just my take.

-DeepSea