All Categories

e.m rifle rendered useless, yet another scam

e.m rifle rendered useless, yet another scam

Search
Comments
May 22, 2023, 20:0905/22/23
04/24/23
Menvolk

I will say on my current testing with the nerfed EM rifle that it has not been severely nerfed if you have any skill with aiming. It's now just like the longarms or, more accurately, the railgun.

If you think that it's useless because it doesn't auto-aim and has a 10% lower high damage chance, you are completely wrong. In some situations (say against a stealth mech next to a non-stealth mech) the lack of aim assist makes it even MORE powerful.

Yes, they still hit hard, PC users can sure hit easily with it, mobile does require some help. If I was going to do a slow fire range weapon I'd use railgun, the auto lock was the gimmick for em rifle, now it's a slower firing, barely harder hitting, visual railgun instead of something unique. Test all you want but you're not using the info that makes the em less wielding, cover shooting couldn't be countered because you couldn't aim correct, balancing the weapon. Your tests don't factor in the loss of overall control needed for close ranged targets to even hit them with the delay to shoot. Testing for a skill based weapon when the meta isn't skill based is absurd, everything outside of snipers had autolock, meaning the one set on niche weapons in the meta, tracking of some kind. I've got railgun and em rifle, I liked the unique use of each but they aren't unique anymore which sucks.

May 22, 2023, 20:1505/22/23
01/17/15
Menvolk

I will say on my current testing with the nerfed EM rifle that it has not been severely nerfed if you have any skill with aiming. It's now just like the longarms or, more accurately, the railgun.

If you think that it's useless because it doesn't auto-aim and has a 10% lower high damage chance, you are completely wrong. In some situations (say against a stealth mech next to a non-stealth mech) the lack of aim assist makes it even MORE powerful.

mparlium will do that to any weapon, but why doesn't it nerf his stupid ROBOTOS .?? INFALLABLE AIM MAXIMUM WEAPON POWER AND HP. EM-ROFLE TOOK IT TO HIGH LEVEL USING MY MONEY. NO GAME REWARDS.... AND YOU RIGHT SAY WHAT THEY DO?? BASIC I SHOULD REPORT THEM FOR THEFT.. ILLEGAL. THESE ARE .. SCAMMERS AND THAT'S IT. AND THEY KNOW IT

May 22, 2023, 21:2805/22/23
May 22, 2023, 21:37(edited)
09/11/20
CrystalDrew

Hello! EM Rifle is still one of the most powerful Weapons in the game. However, we changed it to make the game more balanced

you need to bring money back as that gun bought with auto targeting option e.t.c otherwise its fooling people . earnt cash for a item and later nerf  is quite illegal . and yeah you continue nerfing  others saying its for game balance 

May 22, 2023, 22:3105/22/23
07/08/22

I personally have the EM 16 and EM 6s. The EMs is my main weapons. I'm glad they were nerfed. I felt bad every time I killed a real player with one of these (most of the time). I never used rocket mortars because they are an immoral weopon. Em rifles needed a nerf like this and honestly, if your complaining about auto aim, SKILL ISSUE. Double damage has been nerfed and that is amazing, and the auto aim has been nerfed, which is awesome. No longer will a killshot dash or lancer jump and still die mid-ability. The minigun buff was very much needed. The devs finally listen to you and nerf EMs, yet you still complain? Will you ever be satisfied? Don't tell me "oh, they should have nerfed it less and people have bought the weapon wit real money." Your acting like the weopon does 1k damage. With dual EM 16s, even 12s, you can one-shot any mech WITH A 3 SECOND COOL-DOWN. Ridiculous.

May 22, 2023, 22:4205/22/23
09/05/22
g.a. J.

This dud nothing to balance the weapon. It just further proves that cross platform gaming is a lie, as mobile players cannot perform the same way a PC player can. Plarium game developers incredibly dishonest. 

I am literally 2x better when playing on pc.

May 23, 2023, 00:1305/23/23
04/14/23

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the weapon or changes made to it. This is a clear case of a bait and switch... Which isillegal. Lured customers in with a product, then changed that product after purchase. EM rifle was a tool to even the playing field and counter other's tactics, now it has changed. Those who have bought the em rifle should be compensated, or ideally just reverse those changes. That would be the ethical thing to do.

May 23, 2023, 00:4405/23/23
May 23, 2023, 00:47(edited)
09/26/22
CrystalDrew

Hello! EM Rifle is still one of the most powerful Weapons in the game. However, we changed it to make the game more balanced

This is a future cash grab and borderline stealing. If you were really interested in making the game 'balanced', the matchmaking would have been fixed long ago...🤦‍♂️ 

May 23, 2023, 03:3005/23/23
May 23, 2023, 04:52(edited)
03/10/23

IM pissed about the EM rifle change's I would have upgraded the long arms had know your would nerf them ... Why would anyone use them ,, there now a weaker Longarm??? 1 shot mag vs. 5 shot mag ... 1/2 the damage of longarms.... less range then the long arms ... and to top it off your nerfed the chance for the double damage shot's ... GIVE ME THE MONEY I SPENT ON THEM BACK!!!!!!!!! Your changes have all but ruined my build and with the money I have spent getting it there I feel like Plarium is playing games to ring more money out of my pocket...!!!! Adress the issue PLEASE!!!!!!

May 23, 2023, 08:2605/23/23
04/07/23

Each weapon has its unique features. EM rifle is different than railgun or long arm why should it function (almost) the same way? When the developer nerfed it when you PAID it to function to the way it used to be, you kill the excitement and fun... congratulations on those brilliant minds behind it, if you continue on this path...I'm not sure if people will still play this game. Don't let greed ruin this exciting game (used to be).

May 23, 2023, 10:4605/23/23
May 24, 2023, 12:37(edited)
03/05/23

Hello. I buy EM Rifle for what it is, good sniper rifle for players on PC and on mobile phones and tablets, you have from Legendary weapon doing F...NG Uncomon weapon!!!

Make better things, no balance or from legendary bulls***!!!

I see that no more mech or weapon are worth any real money, for what?!!!? BULLS*** !!! 

Fusion Canon is better than Carabine and i should give for Carabine 8275 Acoins?!!!? Is not worth that!!! Only 8275 Credits no Acoins!!!

Edited: explicit language is prohibited

May 23, 2023, 12:0105/23/23
02/07/23

Basicly that means the EMs are worst sniper option right now. Longarms
has no dealy, railgun has bigger damage per shot. Autoaim was
compensated by delay after trigger...now the delay is big disadvantage
comparing to other S rifles. DD chance could be more lower, delay could
be longer, damage itself could be lowered as well, add locking like
guided missiles...all will be much more acceptable than removing autoaim
without removing delay too. It was vital esence of this legendary
weapon. This is very very disappointing solution towards OP fix and big
fraud on players! 

May 23, 2023, 15:0905/23/23
02/07/23
N8 _

I personally have the EM 16 and EM 6s. The EMs is my main weapons. I'm glad they were nerfed. I felt bad every time I killed a real player with one of these (most of the time). I never used rocket mortars because they are an immoral weopon. Em rifles needed a nerf like this and honestly, if your complaining about auto aim, SKILL ISSUE. Double damage has been nerfed and that is amazing, and the auto aim has been nerfed, which is awesome. No longer will a killshot dash or lancer jump and still die mid-ability. The minigun buff was very much needed. The devs finally listen to you and nerf EMs, yet you still complain? Will you ever be satisfied? Don't tell me "oh, they should have nerfed it less and people have bought the weapon wit real money." Your acting like the weopon does 1k damage. With dual EM 16s, even 12s, you can one-shot any mech WITH A 3 SECOND COOL-DOWN. Ridiculous.

1. why you using it if EM make you guilty? Just why it is your main weapon? It has no sense...

2. Dont mess mobile users with skill issue...EM was answer to be a little eqal to PC users if they want to play sniper rifles. Delay penalty just make EM useless compare to Longarms and they are for free. Im 2x effective on PC than on mobile in terms of SKILL ISSUE(aiming).

3. Agreement violation- you get what you buy and Plarium stole it. 

May 23, 2023, 16:0405/23/23
05/06/23

There's a rule in politics that applies in game development - you can give, but it's a bad idea to take away.   If there's going to be a clawback, there needs to be disclosure prior to purchase.   Hell, let early adopters be your playtesters, and charge them a tiny amount to 'rent' instead of buy... if they like it, they'll buy the final weapon with whatever stats it ends up with.  And nobody gets upset when it changes.

Having said that, I think a good design rule for MA would be that no weapon should be able to 1-shot an average mech in the same division, and no mech should be able to take two full magazines from an average weapon of the same division.   Anything that absolutely overcomes skill is just going to frustrate people.  Make it tough, sure.  But if it's impossible to win, people tune out.  If that means a nerf/buff factor being applied at the start of a battle... maybe that's not the worst idea.

May 23, 2023, 17:2805/23/23
03/02/23
Max Rage

There's a rule in politics that applies in game development - you can give, but it's a bad idea to take away.   If there's going to be a clawback, there needs to be disclosure prior to purchase.   Hell, let early adopters be your playtesters, and charge them a tiny amount to 'rent' instead of buy... if they like it, they'll buy the final weapon with whatever stats it ends up with.  And nobody gets upset when it changes.

Having said that, I think a good design rule for MA would be that no weapon should be able to 1-shot an average mech in the same division, and no mech should be able to take two full magazines from an average weapon of the same division.   Anything that absolutely overcomes skill is just going to frustrate people.  Make it tough, sure.  But if it's impossible to win, people tune out.  If that means a nerf/buff factor being applied at the start of a battle... maybe that's not the worst idea.

This is a major issue with how they handled this issue, a lot of people paid for the weapon, upgrades, or both. Taking away what people paid for is a good way to turn your base against you. Had there been a disclaimer that the weapon could potentially have its stats and abilities decreased or changed, or if they would've allowed trial periods for the weapon until they fine tuned what worked best for game balance, I'm sure a lot of people would've opted out of purchasing it, a fact that I'm sure Plarium is well aware of. For them to know this and ignore that signals that their primary concern was making as much money off of items like this, rather than player satisfaction. It just makes it clear to players going forward that purchasing any item from Plarium games comes with the risk of those items later being rendered far less effective or useful, so players will be less likely to make purchases going forward.

The issue with trying to configure good game design for Mech Arena is that Plarium is more concerned with making money than player satisfaction. To set it up so that any average mech is balanced where it could neither be 1-shot or withstand multiple magazines of damage would require them to focus their attention on fixing any number of other issues. Rocket mortars have long been one of the most overpowered and game breaking weapons in the game, to the point that most players simply won't use them on the principle that they ruin the game. They would also have to fix the issue of players cheating the system by playing lower ranks using fewer maxed out mechs. Then there's the bots that manage to be simulataneously good with unnatural accuracy, yet laughably bad with getting in the way. All of these issues have existed for longer than the EM rifles have even been around, and all of them damage the game's balance more than the EM rifle ever has. I have to imagine that Plarium ignores all of these because they all in some way create demand for other items they can produce, where the EM rifle doesn't.

At the end of the day, Plarium's goal is not to produce games for player's enjoyment, their goal is to produce games that are just enjoyable enough to keep people playing, while frustrating enough to encourage players to shell out money for new upgrades to deal with issues that are left in the game for the sake of creating demand for said upgrades

May 23, 2023, 18:4105/23/23
05/06/23

>They would also have to fix the issue of players cheating the system by playing lower ranks using fewer maxed out mechs. 

I guess I'm guilty of this?  My hanger has three bots in it... because I'm focusing on having a bot good enough that it is competitve with the P2W in my division.  I have 4 bots and 4 bays available, but my 4th bot is almost-original from the training mission.  

On the other hand, I take top spot over 95% of the time and my team wins over 90% of the time, so obviously it's not properly balanced somehow.  If I'm good enough, I should just barely be beating 50% once I reach a point where I'm playing against other good players.  I suspect I'm stomping more bots than n00bs though.  There are a LOT of 'bot-like' players in the game.

However, a different ranking system where it's a weighted average x 5 (I'd have your top bot x5, 2nd bot x4, etc, if you have an empty bay it counts as a clone of the one before it... then divide the whole lot by 15 for a single-bot rating and multiply by 5 to count as 5 bots)... try having a maxed out single mech with that and you'd quickly regret not having better backups.

May 23, 2023, 19:2305/23/23
May 23, 2023, 19:25(edited)
03/02/23
Max Rage

>They would also have to fix the issue of players cheating the system by playing lower ranks using fewer maxed out mechs. 

I guess I'm guilty of this?  My hanger has three bots in it... because I'm focusing on having a bot good enough that it is competitve with the P2W in my division.  I have 4 bots and 4 bays available, but my 4th bot is almost-original from the training mission.  

On the other hand, I take top spot over 95% of the time and my team wins over 90% of the time, so obviously it's not properly balanced somehow.  If I'm good enough, I should just barely be beating 50% once I reach a point where I'm playing against other good players.  I suspect I'm stomping more bots than n00bs though.  There are a LOT of 'bot-like' players in the game.

However, a different ranking system where it's a weighted average x 5 (I'd have your top bot x5, 2nd bot x4, etc, if you have an empty bay it counts as a clone of the one before it... then divide the whole lot by 15 for a single-bot rating and multiply by 5 to count as 5 bots)... try having a maxed out single mech with that and you'd quickly regret not having better backups.

You'll have to take what I say about that with a grain of salt as well, I'm not 100% sure on how that all works, but they definitely need to rework their system. It might even be that it is set up that way, but running off of memory here, I think people can manipulate it by basically running multiple filler mechs, where they don't actually carry weapons, or carry low rank weapons, with 1-3 powerhouses. It throws off the matchmaking system into putting them up against far weaker opponents. It might also just be running a small number of maxed mechs. I don't entirely remember how it works, never really cared to look into it that much since I've never had any intention of doing it.

I run 5 mechs, all with good HP and damage capabilities, and yeah, I get around 60-65 win percentage. I'm not trying to be a pro, it's a time killer with a bit of a challenge, but I also know that I'm not bad at the game. Most matches, I score the most kills, or at the very least, most for my team. Occasionally though, you get placed against someone doing this, and it's just ridiculous. It's just another part of what makes the EM rifle nerf so disappointing, they were weapons that actually had the potential to equalize matches like that, especially in tournaments, while still maintaining a level of challenge to using them.

May 23, 2023, 19:3105/23/23
08/03/22

QUIEROC QUE ME DEVUELVAN EL DINERO QUE PUSE DESDE QUE ESTOY JUGANDO,ESTO YA ES UN ROBO TANTO PARA CON LOS MECH Y AHORA CON LAS ARMAS

May 23, 2023, 20:1105/23/23
07/08/22
Leviticus

1. why you using it if EM make you guilty? Just why it is your main weapon? It has no sense...

2. Dont mess mobile users with skill issue...EM was answer to be a little eqal to PC users if they want to play sniper rifles. Delay penalty just make EM useless compare to Longarms and they are for free. Im 2x effective on PC than on mobile in terms of SKILL ISSUE(aiming).

3. Agreement violation- you get what you buy and Plarium stole it. 

I play on mobile. I've had no issues with aiming. I use the weapons because I'd have no chance without them. The update fixed that.

May 24, 2023, 02:0205/24/23
08/03/22
CrystalDrew

Por favor, comunique a sus desarrollados que hagan un server para los que no pagan en el juego, los únicos a quienes perjudican ustedes son a los que le pagan el sueldo a todos 

May 24, 2023, 04:5105/24/23
08/04/22

He gastado mucho dinero real en este juego para mejorar mech y armas, ahora todas esas armas y mech las estan haciendo inútiles con sus actualizaciones, solo provocarán que muchos jugadores dejen de jugar.
Uno le invierte y paga por un arma y mech que nos gusta porque tiene potencial y a la mera hora se nerfea, no me están cumpliendo como consumidor y son engaños, sabiendo esto puedo pedir un reembolso de todo eso.

Si lo que querías era equilibrar las cosas saca armas y mech a la altura de estás, o simplemente mejora las que ya están lanzadas y así puedes decir que existe un equilibrio, pero prefieres venir a quitarnos armas y mech para así gastar más dinero en otras armas y mech.