Все Категории

(time) confirmation regarding bonuses applied

(time) confirmation regarding bonuses applied

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Комментарии
20 март 2018, 13:5020.03.18

this only shows that there is something wrong in the game here...

you can talk about variables that can affect battle results all day, but the result on both attacks should be the same, and it somehow ain't...

MariusAdmin
20 март 2018, 14:2320.03.18
It should not always be the same, no. While the general numbers are going to be very similar and one side is not going to suddenly lose the battle with such massive advantage, the number of losses can vary slightly. Two more Javelineers killed by the attacking force is hardly a significant difference, hence why we can conclude that the bonuses have applied properly in both cases.
23 март 2018, 10:0923.03.18

Of course it should'n because game is bad, this is the proof for it... 2 same situations, 2 same conditions, and 2 different results... 2 javeliners are not much of difference, but there was not many troops in the battle... 

With larger number of troops I'm sure that difference would be higher...

As far as i know math is a perfect science, hell 2 + 2 will always be 4, and battles are calculated using math, right? I'm sure you will always have an excuse to not be wrong, and honestly i don't care any more and i would be surprised if you claim otherwise.

This is perfect example of that top secret formula of plarium that contains rocket science algorithms...

O wait, maybe THE PUNISHER has a record of the wind blowing direction that day, I'm sure thats it. It obviously didn't blow in the same direction with two battles... Because obviously we all need to take that sort of stuff (rain, snow, how the soldiers have their nails done, etc...) and than maybe the super math formula would make sense...

MariusAdmin
23 март 2018, 10:4523.03.18

There were changes made in the past, here is our announcement on the matter.

While you should not see any huge differences when attacking the same force under the same conditions, getting the exact same result in terms of your and enemy losses is not at all guaranteed.
23 март 2018, 12:0423.03.18

Dimitri, Dimitri, Dimitri,

You can post millions of links, and have millions of excuses, but your formula is just simply wrong, it calculates differently each time and it shouldn't be that way. And finaly we have a prof of that. And i didnt see that Leonidas speaks of that in the thread you refer me to.

If you want you can test with your entire deff and off to see the outcome, than heal them all and do the test again. Than share the link of how low the difference is, but somehow i doubt that you will do that.

Thats my point.

MariusAdmin
23 март 2018, 12:1323.03.18
Ahilej said:

Dimitri, Dimitri, Dimitri,

You can post millions of links, and have millions of excuses, but your formula is just simply wrong, it calculates differently each time and it shouldn't be that way. And finaly we have a prof of that. And i didnt see that Leonidas speaks of that in the thread you refer me to.

If you want you can test with your entire deff and off to see the outcome, than heal them all and do the test again. Than share the link of how low the difference is, but somehow i doubt that you will do that.

Thats my point.

That is your opinion that you are, of course, entitled to hold on to, no matter what information is presented. The thread linked shows that simple numerical advantage does not guarantee a full destruction of the enemy force and that the old formula has been changed. It may not work as you expect it to, but that doesn't mean the formula is wrong 
26 март 2018, 13:5526.03.18

Dimitri Molchanov said:

That is your opinion that you are, of course, entitled to hold on to, no matter what information is presented. The thread linked shows that simple numerical advantage does not guarantee a full destruction of the enemy force and that the old formula has been changed. It may not work as you expect it to, but that doesn't mean the formula is wrong 

It is not my opinion, it is the fact, Punisher tested it and posted the screen shoots in this subject, and you still refuse the accept it.

You are telling me about that with massive offense you can not expect a full destruction ??? Are we talking chineese here ??? I'm saying that two tests showed different results with same conditions... Why is that ?

The more you know, the more you know your ignorance...

MariusAdmin
26 март 2018, 14:0926.03.18
26 март 2018, 15:04(отредактировано)
I have already told you several that due to different variables in the formula, two battles under the same conditions may not yield the same results. I could Google Translate it into Chinese if you think that would make the point easier to understand 
27 март 2018, 07:3527.03.18
Do what you want, but you are just digging your self deeper... It just shows that formula is not consistent, and by my knowledge 2+2 will always be 4... no matter what conditions are...
MariusAdmin
27 март 2018, 08:2827.03.18
27 март 2018, 08:29(отредактировано)
Whoever said it was as simple as 2+2?
25 май 2018, 15:2125.05.18

punisher, the guy to whom you asked to send 500 javs might have chnaged his own bonuses as well just to drive you mad lol

I have another remark, that has already been made else where and that is not quite on topic : the city defense bonus does kill some of your off troops when raiding even though there is not a single defending soldier... it shouldn't be the case, as it is supposed to simply increase the strength of defending troops, right ?

25 май 2018, 23:2525.05.18

Dimitri , with respect you've had a lot of mileage out of that off the shelf answer " it may not work as we expect it to"

how about changing it to " it's sometimes broken " or " we make it up as we go along "