Все Категории

Pulling an Old School Lego...

Поиск
23 апр. 2024, 20:1723.04.24

....should not feel like a kick in the Gnuts.  

I had the misfortune to pull Ignatius while trying for Firrol on the Progressive Chance last weekend.  Ignatius is basically an Epic dressed up as a Lego, especially compared to anything released in the last two years.  

A3:  AoE Burn on a 5 Turn CD when fully booked.  5 Turns for 2 turn HP Burn!

A2:  75% chance to land AoE Provoke for 1 Turn on a 4 Turn CD when full booked.  4 Turn CD and not even 100%!

These cooldowns are way too long for a Lego, and Ignatius is nothing more than a vault guard in today's content.  

How about a buff to this old school ogre:

• Drop his fully-booked CDs to 3 turns on both the A2 & A3 and make the Provoke 100% when fully booked.
  • Want to make him Hydra Meta?  Throw in an AoE Hex for good measure.

Let's compile a definitive list.  What other old school Legos have been powercrept so hard they are next to useless? 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
23 апр. 2024, 20:2323.04.24

Well - tbf, Ignatius is still quite strong. Maybe not quite as good as some of the more recent ones, but absolutely not anywhere close to the bottom of the list. There's only, what, one, maybe two other champs with an unresistable HP Burn?

If you buff him before you buff Nobel, I will file an official protest with the European Union.

23 апр. 2024, 20:2623.04.24

He was one of my earliest leggos. I remember reading how good he was for spider. Full built him out. Never helped me much in spider. He sucks. Very big early let down for me.

23 апр. 2024, 20:3423.04.24
kramaswamy.kr

Well - tbf, Ignatius is still quite strong. Maybe not quite as good as some of the more recent ones, but absolutely not anywhere close to the bottom of the list. There's only, what, one, maybe two other champs with an unresistable HP Burn?

If you buff him before you buff Nobel, I will file an official protest with the European Union.

Who cares about an unresistable HP Burn?  Just build him with some Accuracy.  It is a 2-turn HP Burn on a 5 turn CD.  That is garbage.  

23 апр. 2024, 20:3823.04.24
kramaswamy.kr

The point of the thread was not to argue about what lego sucks worse, but to compile a list of the legos that are in dire need of a buff, so why don't you suggest the buff you'd like to see for Nobel versus trying to convinve me that Ignatius does not suck enough for a buff.  You can't.  Ignatius sucks.   

23 апр. 2024, 20:4023.04.24
23 апр. 2024, 20:41(отредактировано)

You're going to have to do a much better job arguing than that. 5.6X DEF multiplier with an unresistable AOE HP burn? That is very far from the bottom of the list.

And with a 4.9X DEF A2, with a provoke?

23 апр. 2024, 20:4823.04.24

We are lucky they do any buffs at all to an OG champ, even if rarely.   Again, no benefit to plarium at all.  No benefit to whales.  No benefit to new players.  

Us OG f2p/low spend can cry all we want, it just makes absolutely no business sense. 

23 апр. 2024, 20:5323.04.24
kramaswamy.kr

You're going to have to do a much better job arguing than that. 5.6X DEF multiplier with an unresistable AOE HP burn? That is very far from the bottom of the list.

And with a 4.9X DEF A2, with a provoke?

Kram, I am not gonna argue with you about Ignatius.  His cooldowns flat out suck.  However, I am gonna point out that your argument is basically the same as someone trying to argue that Shazar's 5 turn bombs don't need a buff when compared to Gnishak's 4 turn bombs with the built-in extra turn mechanic.  

My Shazar has a 5S awakening, but Gnishak gets a lot more use on my account.  

23 апр. 2024, 21:3023.04.24

I mean, if you're going to use that argument, then I'll return it right back by saying I have both Shazar and Gnishak, and I use Shazar on my arena team far more. The built-in ATK-up from his A2 is a massive bonus for my team.

26 апр. 2024, 05:0426.04.24
kramaswamy.kr

I mean, if you're going to use that argument, then I'll return it right back by saying I have both Shazar and Gnishak, and I use Shazar on my arena team far more. The built-in ATK-up from his A2 is a massive bonus for my team.

Except that you don't actually play PVP content?  

26 апр. 2024, 10:4226.04.24
WileyMan

😆 

harleQuinnModerator
26 апр. 2024, 15:5526.04.24
WileyMan

Hahaha 

5 май 2024, 17:573 дня
5 май 2024, 21:49(отредактировано)

Roric Wyrmbane.  With all single-target skills, Roric has never really found his place in the game.  Introduced right before Hydra went live, and with a name like Wyrmbane, I personally thought he was going to be a Hydra toon, but I was flat out wrong on that.

How about giving some love to Raid's version of Sandor Clegane?  

Maybe a rework of the A2 to an AoE skill with Hex (Hydra) & Stun (PVP), or better yet Hex and a Hybrid Stun/Dec Sped move like Nethril so there is added value for bosses.  

5 май 2024, 20:433 дня

I really don't get how you are deciding which champs you think should be buffed. I can tell you that I relied on Roric *heavily* while doing DTH originally. Sure, there may be other champs that can do the job better than him, but an affinity-agnostic AOE stun on a 3-turn CD + a high-chance single-target stun on A1? That is hardly the bottom of the pile on lego champs.

5 май 2024, 21:483 дня

Well Kram, this is my thread, so it seems safe to assume that I am offering up my own opinions about which champions are lackluster and could use a buff to help people advance in the new content being offered in the game.

You seem intent on arguing with me, but apparently, not in offering your own insights on who you feel should be buffed and in what ways.  

As stated, I was surprised (and disappointed) that a Toon with a name like Wyrmbane was introduced right before Hydra was rolled out and turned out to not be a Hydra Toon.  My suggestion for a buff to Roric would change that.  

5 май 2024, 22:133 дня
WileyMan

Well Kram, this is my thread, so it seems safe to assume that I am offering up my own opinions about which champions are lackluster and could use a buff to help people advance in the new content being offered in the game.

You seem intent on arguing with me, but apparently, not in offering your own insights on who you feel should be buffed and in what ways.  

As stated, I was surprised (and disappointed) that a Toon with a name like Wyrmbane was introduced right before Hydra was rolled out and turned out to not be a Hydra Toon.  My suggestion for a buff to Roric would change that.  

Maybe if you suggest a buff making him amius viable?

5 май 2024, 22:153 дня

It can't require any blessings, must be immune to negative consequences of all masteries, etc... of course  ;)

5 май 2024, 22:373 дня

Well, I already mentioned who I think is the number one champ needing buffs - Nobel. But beyond that, I mean honestly looking at any of the bottom-ranked champs on Ayumi is a pretty good bet. Sure it's not perfect, but those C-list ones? Pretty much never seen any of them used anywhere, except for Nogdar, who is absolutely no-longer C-list, and I just assume the site hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Astralith (DE-LAS)

Cromax Moonblood (DE-LDF)

Jingwon (SK-LHV)

Nobel (SK-LAF)

Nogdar the Headhunter (OR-LAS)

Opardin Clanfather (BA-LHM)

Raf-Matab (BA-LHS)

Ruel the Huntmaster (DE-LAS)

dthorne04Moderator
6 май 2024, 01:493 дня

Astralith is definitely not a C tier champion and I would argue is better - even if conditional and reliant on the team around them - than the others in that list. 

6 май 2024, 03:153 дня
6 май 2024, 03:24(отредактировано)
dthorne04

Astralith is definitely not a C tier champion and I would argue is better - even if conditional and reliant on the team around them - than the others in that list. 

Agree 100% with Astralith. She was never a C-Tier Lego, and is worth a bunch more than a Roric in quite a few situations.  She is definitely situational, but if you know how to use her skillset, she is nutty good.  

She was my very first arena speed lead, and also happens to have the only AoE A1 Turn Meter Boost in the game.  Throw her in the lead of an Ally Atttack comp and you are getting a free TM Boost when you pop off the Ally Attack.  It is a thing of beauty.

I have two fully booked, three fully built, and I still use the booked pair in 3v3.   

6 май 2024, 03:213 дня
7 май 2024, 17:05(отредактировано)
kramaswamy.kr

Well, I already mentioned who I think is the number one champ needing buffs - Nobel. But beyond that, I mean honestly looking at any of the bottom-ranked champs on Ayumi is a pretty good bet. Sure it's not perfect, but those C-list ones? Pretty much never seen any of them used anywhere, except for Nogdar, who is absolutely no-longer C-list, and I just assume the site hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Astralith (DE-LAS)

Cromax Moonblood (DE-LDF)

Jingwon (SK-LHV)

Nobel (SK-LAF)

Nogdar the Headhunter (OR-LAS)

Opardin Clanfather (BA-LHM)

Raf-Matab (BA-LHS)

Ruel the Huntmaster (DE-LAS)

According to the HH Tier List, Ruel gets a whopping 4*.  He is the original AoE Hexer and when setup correctly, he can do serious damage.  I can get 100M out of him on a Hard Hydra run.  

Also according to the HH Tier List, your pal Nobel is rated 3.5*, while my recently advertised buff candidate Roric gets a mere 3*.