Все Категории

New Missions include CB Keys as Rewards??

Поиск
4 март 2024, 20:4904.03.24

Plarium:  Wake Up!  Just watched your 8.30 Preview Vid.  No one who is done with Ramantu and ready for more missions needs or wants extra CB keys.  Quit giving useless rewards and replace those before you roll this out.      

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
4 март 2024, 21:2904.03.24

😆 

We are complaining about free rewards before we even get them now ;)

4 март 2024, 21:3804.03.24
Trips

😆 

Including a reward such as CB Keys in end-game content is ridiculous.  I am trying to help Plarium make the game a better fit for all players.  Since this content has not rolled out, there is still time for them to fix this.  

Also, most definitely not free rewards. I am sure that most of the Marius Missions will require work & resources. The rewards should at least be worth the effort.  Extra CB Keys are useless to end-game players.     

5 март 2024, 07:3505.03.24
WileyMan

Including a reward such as CB Keys in end-game content is ridiculous.  I am trying to help Plarium make the game a better fit for all players.  Since this content has not rolled out, there is still time for them to fix this.  

Also, most definitely not free rewards. I am sure that most of the Marius Missions will require work & resources. The rewards should at least be worth the effort.  Extra CB Keys are useless to end-game players.     

I guess they figure free is free, however I agree with you but calling on them to be realistic won't work, they do changes and implementations without looking forwards to see if they are good or bad.

Stone skin gear - absolute cancer in the game

Sheep - same as above - if you bring changes like this you have to have a viable counter to them

OP new champions - when you bring in something probably so OP they are about 3 levals above anything else in the game it just shows a lack of understanding of the game mechanics

5 март 2024, 14:4605.03.24
Trips

😆 

I never understand the idea of 'oh its free so it cant be criticised.'

With these type of games most people put time into the game and get tiny incremental improvements on their account as a result of that time investment. 

That applies to tag, classic, dungeon runs, clanboss, hydra etc.... and missions.

Some game activities will be worth the investment in time and others wont. If the reward for a mission is not going in any way to improve the account of the player (or even give them a chance for improving their aqccount). Then it doesnt matter if its 'free' or not, its still not worth having.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
5 март 2024, 14:5305.03.24

What you dont want to run normal CB on some random day for an extra lesser potion and 10k silver?

5 март 2024, 15:1805.03.24
Trevor Wilson

I never understand the idea of 'oh its free so it cant be criticised.'

With these type of games most people put time into the game and get tiny incremental improvements on their account as a result of that time investment. 

That applies to tag, classic, dungeon runs, clanboss, hydra etc.... and missions.

Some game activities will be worth the investment in time and others wont. If the reward for a mission is not going in any way to improve the account of the player (or even give them a chance for improving their aqccount). Then it doesnt matter if its 'free' or not, its still not worth having.

My point, which I admit I rarely state well lol, is that I view progress mission rewards (all permanent 1x rewards) as eventualities.  They require no additional time/effort unless you want/expect them now. And I don't care if #7, #26, #52, ... are garbage. The total sum value is more important than one or two irrelevant items along the way.

I put this "complaint " on par with:

Sinatros rewards (they are ridiculously good...)

Getting a brew in keeps

5star gear in hard dungeons 

Etc.... 

On a scale of micro(1) to macro (10), with 10 being better IMHO 😆, most perceptions are about a negative 3 ;)

5 март 2024, 16:4005.03.24
ShortOnSkillz

What you dont want to run normal CB on some random day for an extra lesser potion and 10k silver?

Exactly.  My whole point with starting this thread was that maybe a Mod would pass this on to Plarium before it rolls out....on the 5% chance that someone would listen and change it.  

Heck, 100 gems or 50 brews is better than more CB keys.  I find it insulting to the vast majority of players to put absolutely useless rewards in an end-game setting.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
5 март 2024, 22:3705.03.24
WileyMan

Exactly.  My whole point with starting this thread was that maybe a Mod would pass this on to Plarium before it rolls out....on the 5% chance that someone would listen and change it.  

Heck, 100 gems or 50 brews is better than more CB keys.  I find it insulting to the vast majority of players to put absolutely useless rewards in an end-game setting.

I'll pass it along for sure but thats the best I can do for you.

5 март 2024, 22:4005.03.24
Ratted

I guess they figure free is free, however I agree with you but calling on them to be realistic won't work, they do changes and implementations without looking forwards to see if they are good or bad.

Stone skin gear - absolute cancer in the game

Sheep - same as above - if you bring changes like this you have to have a viable counter to them

OP new champions - when you bring in something probably so OP they are about 3 levals above anything else in the game it just shows a lack of understanding of the game mechanics

Comments like this pretty much invalidate your argument from the beginning. Comparing Stoneskin and Polymorph demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of how arena works. The two do very different things. Stoneskin was a very healthy addition to the game, as it gave teams a tool to force meta changes in a good way.

6 март 2024, 07:4506.03.24
6 март 2024, 07:47(отредактировано)

Interesting comment-- i have played arena once or twice as well and i find stoneskin annoying as well, i know why it was implemented, to stop the endless speed nuke teams but i still find it irritating. I wont give my opinion on plarium introducing another OP sheep champ as people can guess.

The problem is  that pvp activities directly affect pve performance. Which means those who are only really interested in improving their pve teams and have no interest in arena resent the time investment they feel obliged to put into arena. Features such as stoneskin and sheep makes that  longer.  If pvp and pve were completely seperate with loads of cool flex items such as avatars etc for pvpers to compensate then nobody would complain if they made pvp even more 'tactical' and long winded.

But it appears the developers are doubling down on this with the changes to live arena and the new mission table. My guess is that participation in their new arena mode is low and they are trying to increase participation by tying it even more closely to pve performance.

6 март 2024, 09:5406.03.24
kramaswamy.kr

Comments like this pretty much invalidate your argument from the beginning. Comparing Stoneskin and Polymorph demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of how arena works. The two do very different things. Stoneskin was a very healthy addition to the game, as it gave teams a tool to force meta changes in a good way.

I'm not comparing the two - I'm pointing out that poor game design puts a change in with no counter

Yes stone skin changed the arena meta from speed however now arena battles can take ages as there is no real counter to stone skin - teams have super resistance so you need accuracy which means other stats aren't priority, then it's only 50% chance to remove it.  It's your opinion that this meta is better with SS, it's my opinion it's not

6 март 2024, 10:0406.03.24
WileyMan

I'm one of those who appreciates the extra CB keys, as I don't have an unkillable team as yet, and the extra keys are useful when I get the Advanced Mission to use a Rare champion in CB.

6 март 2024, 13:2706.03.24
Ratted

I'm not comparing the two - I'm pointing out that poor game design puts a change in with no counter

Yes stone skin changed the arena meta from speed however now arena battles can take ages as there is no real counter to stone skin - teams have super resistance so you need accuracy which means other stats aren't priority, then it's only 50% chance to remove it.  It's your opinion that this meta is better with SS, it's my opinion it's not

The counter to stoneskin is ... don't die in the first 1-2 turns. That's it. If you think that is what is causing battles to take ages, you need to seriously reconsider your team designs.

6 март 2024, 14:2106.03.24
kramaswamy.kr

The counter to stoneskin is ... don't die in the first 1-2 turns. That's it. If you think that is what is causing battles to take ages, you need to seriously reconsider your team designs.

The counter is don't die  in the first 1-2 turns?  So there was no need to introduce stone skin as the counter to the speed/nuke teams is 'don't die in the first 1-2 turns'

6 март 2024, 14:2606.03.24

Seriously? Are you just being argumentative for the sake of it? Stoneskin was introduced to provide an effective counter to glass-cannon speed nuke teams. It slowed the meta down to a point where those glass-cannon teams more or less disappeared. The previous "counter" to speed nuke teams was "be faster", which was a race to the bottom of prioritizing speed over literally every other stat.

If you're still losing to stoneskin, it just means you haven't adapted to the meta changes.

6 март 2024, 16:1206.03.24

Anyone got a link to a text version of all the missions?

6 март 2024, 16:3606.03.24

Some of these will be annoying, certainly - selling souls to earn specific amounts of essences seems like a really strange thing to make as a mission - but I don't see any real blockers at all in here.

6 март 2024, 16:5206.03.24
kramaswamy.kr

Some of these will be annoying, certainly - selling souls to earn specific amounts of essences seems like a really strange thing to make as a mission - but I don't see any real blockers at all in here.

Any complaint threads about these missions/rewards should be immediately locked.

It's basically a mid/late game login champ with lots of time gated crap, not even close to endgame roadblocked.  I can't do a few dungeons yet because I'm lazy, so this helps me :)

Kram, you can just auto Live thru silver