Все Категории

Mech Arena Roundup 09/29/23

Mech Arena Roundup 09/29/23

Hello, Mech Arena community! 👋

Welcome to the latest Mech Arena Roundup, where we'll dive into the latest news and upcoming changes in the game ⬇️

💫 First and foremost, we want to thank you for your tremendous support of the recent Visual Redesign. Your feedback, requests, and suggestions have been noted, and we're committed to carrying Mech Arena’s reimagined look into the future.

In our recent Visual Redesign video, the topic of Hangar Presets was mentioned, and many of you hoped that they would be released with the Redesign. While the development of the feature did go hand in hand with the Redesign, we need a bit more time to finalize it. You can expect the launch of Hangar Presets (now known as Squad Presets) this fall 🍂

✅ Next, let's talk about an upcoming change with the Sponsored Videos feature. As you might know, Sponsored Videos rolled out in stages. The feature was initially limited to a number of players and is currently only accessible on mobile devices. There have been several tests regarding its rewards, and starting next week, the currency of the reward for the "View 2 Sponsored Videos" Daily Objective will be the same for all players: Credits.

Another topic we wanted to cover is the new Modifiers feature that you’ve been enjoying the last couple of weeks. While the feature received a very warm welcome, we want to address some of the most frequently asked questions we’ve seen. First, Modifiers are a free feature, and their benefits apply automatically to any Player who has reached Division 10. While at the moment, you can only see one active Modifier at a time, we're planning to enable multiple types of Modifiers simultaneously in the future. All Modifiers without exception are temporary, with their durations subject to change. At this time, we're not considering an option for players to select their desired Modifier for activation 🤝

🛡 Last but not least, great news for the Tank enthusiasts! By popular demand, Mech Aegis and its Dome Shield are going to be tuned quite soon, so make sure your Aegis is ready for the action.

That wraps up today's Mech Arena Roundup. Please feel free to share your questions and thoughts in the comments section, and have a fantastic weekend! 💖

i

Просмотры
Комментарии
29 сент. 2023, 13:1629.09.23
2 окт. 2023, 19:1002.10.23

Congrats.  You just cost yourself ANY ad revenue from me, for the rest of the time I choose to play this worsening game.

I hate seeing "unread badges" on buttons.  Up to now, I have watching every add when I log in just to make them go away.  But then, I was getting some acoins for it.  Now, it's 2000 creadits?  2000 LOWSY credits?  It's a pitifil amnount of the MOST USELESS currency in the game.

I will never again watch a single add.  I will not spend a bloody dine in this game.  Heck, I'l probably just stop playing soon, as every time I log in you guys annoy me more and more with this nickle-and-dime bunk you've been pulling.

Oh, and strop saying you'll listen to our feedback.  YOU DO NOT,

1) I've never seen a single positive comment in the forums about the Aegis.  The vast majority of players want it removed, or at a minimum want the dome shield to be passible to friendly fire.  Did you listen?  NO.  You "tweaked" the mech some small amount.

2) The player base was UNIVERSAL in it's desire to not have the acoin cost added back to implant removal.  You guys did it anyway.  Then jacked up the cost of acoins and removed many ways to get them from grinding.

3) We said that every bloody bot running around shouldn't be armed w/ dual EM guns/sniper weapons with their one-hit insta-kill ability (due to maxed implants, no missing, etc).  You CLAIMED (falsely from what I have seen in the game) that you reduced the # of sniper werapons on bots (especially scout bots).  What I see?  Just as many, or simply EM/Rail combos.

4) Fan base says things are already too expensive.  We need ways to recycle prints, or something to reduce costs of things.  The result of your "listening"?  You added more CASH purchases (like $100 mechs for Crom's sake!), and jacked up the prices across the board.

I could go on and on.  But it's just me railing at the universe.  You listen to us about just as well and the universe does!

😣

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
3 окт. 2023, 14:2503.10.23
egyas

Congrats.  You just cost yourself ANY ad revenue from me, for the rest of the time I choose to play this worsening game.

I hate seeing "unread badges" on buttons.  Up to now, I have watching every add when I log in just to make them go away.  But then, I was getting some acoins for it.  Now, it's 2000 creadits?  2000 LOWSY credits?  It's a pitifil amnount of the MOST USELESS currency in the game.

I will never again watch a single add.  I will not spend a bloody dine in this game.  Heck, I'l probably just stop playing soon, as every time I log in you guys annoy me more and more with this nickle-and-dime bunk you've been pulling.

Oh, and strop saying you'll listen to our feedback.  YOU DO NOT,

1) I've never seen a single positive comment in the forums about the Aegis.  The vast majority of players want it removed, or at a minimum want the dome shield to be passible to friendly fire.  Did you listen?  NO.  You "tweaked" the mech some small amount.

2) The player base was UNIVERSAL in it's desire to not have the acoin cost added back to implant removal.  You guys did it anyway.  Then jacked up the cost of acoins and removed many ways to get them from grinding.

3) We said that every bloody bot running around shouldn't be armed w/ dual EM guns/sniper weapons with their one-hit insta-kill ability (due to maxed implants, no missing, etc).  You CLAIMED (falsely from what I have seen in the game) that you reduced the # of sniper werapons on bots (especially scout bots).  What I see?  Just as many, or simply EM/Rail combos.

4) Fan base says things are already too expensive.  We need ways to recycle prints, or something to reduce costs of things.  The result of your "listening"?  You added more CASH purchases (like $100 mechs for Crom's sake!), and jacked up the prices across the board.

I could go on and on.  But it's just me railing at the universe.  You listen to us about just as well and the universe does!

😣

Hi! I understand your frustration and do hope that future novelties will make your game experience more satisfying. Talking about us considering your feedback, I want to gradually comment on your points.

1. "I've never seen a single positive comment in the forums about the Aegis.  The vast majority of players want it removed, or at a minimum want the dome shield to be passible to friendly fire." - that's why we decided to rework it! This decision was taken directly according to the feedback we received. According to our plans, this change of Aegis will make its gameplay much more cooler!
  2.  "The player base was UNIVERSAL in it's desire to not have the acoin cost added back to implant removal." - we have never mentioned that Discount would stay forever. Still, it's highly possible that the Implant Removal feature may be changed, reworked, or brought back.
  3. "We said that every bloody bot running around shouldn't be armed w/ dual EM guns/sniper weapons with their one-hit insta-kill ability" - the reason for such equipment is mentioned above. The number of bots with EM Rifle has indeed decreased.
  4. "Fan base says things are already too expensive" - we are constantly experimenting with prices, providing affordable Offers, and stuff.
3 окт. 2023, 16:5503.10.23
3 окт. 2023, 17:00(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

Hi! I understand your frustration and do hope that future novelties will make your game experience more satisfying. Talking about us considering your feedback, I want to gradually comment on your points.

1. "I've never seen a single positive comment in the forums about the Aegis.  The vast majority of players want it removed, or at a minimum want the dome shield to be passible to friendly fire." - that's why we decided to rework it! This decision was taken directly according to the feedback we received. According to our plans, this change of Aegis will make its gameplay much more cooler!
  2.  "The player base was UNIVERSAL in it's desire to not have the acoin cost added back to implant removal." - we have never mentioned that Discount would stay forever. Still, it's highly possible that the Implant Removal feature may be changed, reworked, or brought back.
  3. "We said that every bloody bot running around shouldn't be armed w/ dual EM guns/sniper weapons with their one-hit insta-kill ability" - the reason for such equipment is mentioned above. The number of bots with EM Rifle has indeed decreased.
  4. "Fan base says things are already too expensive" - we are constantly experimenting with prices, providing affordable Offers, and stuff.

What a buinch of crap.  Non-answers, denials, and the same old canned resaponses.  Yet again, you FAIL to actually address any concerns.

You...guys...SUCK.

This is CrystalDrew to the communitry...

i

i

3 окт. 2023, 17:2303.10.23

"I understand your frustration and do hope that future novelties will make your game experience more satisfying."

As much as I try, I cannot understand that with the number of complaints you receive from those of us who spend a lot of money on the game, you do not solve the problems that we documented and, however, you dedicate yourself (I mean devs) to putting more things into the game to get us out even more money and relegating what is truly important to the background. That means that you don't care of your customers.

I can't understand it, no matter how much you try to justify the actions of the devs, no matter how much you say that the solutions are underway (I've been listening to the same song for months and everything remains the same), and no matter how much you answer me by justifying the unjustifiable again. ..it's your job but you should be ashamed for passing on the devs' lies to us.

We all complain about the same problems for months and months, but your greedy bosses don't care.

Now you can answer me however you want, but I can tell you that you lost credibility a long time ago.

3 окт. 2023, 17:4003.10.23
WarLord

"I understand your frustration and do hope that future novelties will make your game experience more satisfying."

As much as I try, I cannot understand that with the number of complaints you receive from those of us who spend a lot of money on the game, you do not solve the problems that we documented and, however, you dedicate yourself (I mean devs) to putting more things into the game to get us out even more money and relegating what is truly important to the background. That means that you don't care of your customers.

I can't understand it, no matter how much you try to justify the actions of the devs, no matter how much you say that the solutions are underway (I've been listening to the same song for months and everything remains the same), and no matter how much you answer me by justifying the unjustifiable again. ..it's your job but you should be ashamed for passing on the devs' lies to us.

We all complain about the same problems for months and months, but your greedy bosses don't care.

Now you can answer me however you want, but I can tell you that you lost credibility a long time ago.

i

3 окт. 2023, 20:2203.10.23
4 окт. 2023, 04:08(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

Nuestro equipo está recopilando todos los datos necesarios para el análisis a fin de considerar pasos adicionales. Aún así, por el momento no hay planes para lanzar otro descuento por extracción de implantes. (via Google Translate)

Exactly! That's what I mean. There are no plans to release anything that ends up benefiting the player in any way, but there are plans to rob us, and yes, I said rob us the cost of the implant points, which are very expensive btw, that we have previously paid. That, anywhere in the world and in any language and situation, is called STEALING... no matter how much you want to sweeten it with nice words. Shame on you! 

So a decision has been made, not a single penny more spent on this game until things improve.

I have spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds on my mechs/weapons and I would continue spending them very gladly if in some way I saw that you cared about us because I can afford it but seeing your behavior towards us...it's over. You won't be the ones who live of my money.

What good is a game that is no longer fun because its developers don't want to improve things but rather squeeze us to the maximum?

I am not a troll, nor do I like to create discord. What I am is a completely disappointed customer. 

4 окт. 2023, 01:0204.10.23

Wow!

4 окт. 2023, 11:1004.10.23
4 окт. 2023, 17:50(отредактировано)

I really don't know why I bother writing here when I already know the result I'm going to achieve, and that your help is going to be the same as always, none at all.

Now the Scorpius AI bots are common, fully maxed out with fully maxed Gravitons 16 too, or any other heavy mech with rail guns and EM rifles all maxed out, but according to you, the devs are trying to make them look like humans, I don't know what kind of humans you mean? 

On top of that, they kill you with the EM's even when they're looking the other way! Very human behavior btw. I'm even wondering if the moderator of this forum is human or just another bot placed here to give us the same useless answers as always.

Just tell you that a lie, even if you repeat it 7 thousand times over the years, is still a lie and you are not going to get anyone to believe it. This is shameful.

5 окт. 2023, 14:3805.10.23
egyas

What a buinch of crap.  Non-answers, denials, and the same old canned resaponses.  Yet again, you FAIL to actually address any concerns.

You...guys...SUCK.

This is CrystalDrew to the communitry...

i

i

It's up to you whether question my words or no, but I don't aim to misinform you. Besides, your behavior on the forum may be considered offensive - please stop it or I will need to ban you

5 окт. 2023, 14:4405.10.23
WarLord

I really don't know why I bother writing here when I already know the result I'm going to achieve, and that your help is going to be the same as always, none at all.

Now the Scorpius AI bots are common, fully maxed out with fully maxed Gravitons 16 too, or any other heavy mech with rail guns and EM rifles all maxed out, but according to you, the devs are trying to make them look like humans, I don't know what kind of humans you mean? 

On top of that, they kill you with the EM's even when they're looking the other way! Very human behavior btw. I'm even wondering if the moderator of this forum is human or just another bot placed here to give us the same useless answers as always.

Just tell you that a lie, even if you repeat it 7 thousand times over the years, is still a lie and you are not going to get anyone to believe it. This is shameful.

Please don't twist my words. Firstly, I'm always saying that we are working on the AI to make the bots more like a real player. It's a long and time-consuming process, and it's not finished yet. I have already shared numerous details about it, you can research the forum to find more info regarding this topic.

I don't lie to you or anyone else. All my words are based on the info I get from the devs and I'm doing my best to deliver it to you.

Yeah currently we made some changes that were met with negative responses. Of course, we have reasons for it, and it's not fun for us to make our users upset. Nevertheless, if we made such conclusions that means we didn't have any other ways.

Anyways, changing something doesn't mean that the development of the game is stopped. We are actively working on the game, and the plans are just amazing. So I do hope that in the future Mech Arena will be more exciting for you 🙂

5 окт. 2023, 14:5005.10.23
CrystalDrew

Please don't twist my words. Firstly, I'm always saying that we are working on the AI to make the bots more like a real player. It's a long and time-consuming process, and it's not finished yet. I have already shared numerous details about it, you can research the forum to find more info regarding this topic.

I don't lie to you or anyone else. All my words are based on the info I get from the devs and I'm doing my best to deliver it to you.

Yeah currently we made some changes that were met with negative responses. Of course, we have reasons for it, and it's not fun for us to make our users upset. Nevertheless, if we made such conclusions that means we didn't have any other ways.

Anyways, changing something doesn't mean that the development of the game is stopped. We are actively working on the game, and the plans are just amazing. So I do hope that in the future Mech Arena will be more exciting for you 🙂

"Yeah currently we made some changes that were met with negative responses. Of course, we have reasons for it, and it's not fun for us to make our users upset. Nevertheless, if we made such conclusions that means we didn't have any other ways."

What bunk!  Of course you did!  You could have left it alone.  You could have chosen a different reward.   There's a TON of things you could do. 

5 окт. 2023, 15:1105.10.23
5 окт. 2023, 15:12(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

It's up to you whether question my words or no, but I don't aim to misinform you. Besides, your behavior on the forum may be considered offensive - please stop it or I will need to ban you

"I don't aim to misinform you."

That's the problem. You say that,  but as a player base we simply do not belive you

You say a lot of things, and it always runs counter to what we actually SEE in the game.   That's why we don't believe you. It's like that politician on the TV saying something like "inflation is not a problem" or some other stupid economic comment about how cheap things are when we clearly see that our food bill and utility bills are through the roof.   We don't believe them,  because they have last credibility.

That's the boat you have found yourself in. Maybe you are a serial liar.  Maybe you tell us exactly what the devs tell you and you believe it 100%.  Maybe it's somewhere in the middle.   None of that matters anymore.   Like Baghdad Bob in the photos above you simply have lost all credibility with the community,  and that is preventing you from being an effective communicator for the devs. 

I mocked you for those same reasons.  Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned,  you steadfastly repeat the same taking points while the reality (the impact to players,  and the game environment as a whole) is so clearly different.  DO YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME? Do you have to suffer with these changes like we do? 

Then there's the threats.   "please stop it or I will need to ban you."  A little light mockery and you're ready to break out the banhammer?   Sounds really totalitarian to me.  Again, a bit like 'Ole Baghdad Bob up above. 

You do you boo-boo, I'll do me.  If you think you need to ban me,  then do it.   

After all,  it's not like posting on this sham board actually gets the community ANYTHING.   

I see the "I don't like what you're saying" banhammer incoming in 5...4...3...

5 окт. 2023, 15:1905.10.23
egyas

"I don't aim to misinform you."

That's the problem. You say that,  but as a player base we simply do not belive you

You say a lot of things, and it always runs counter to what we actually SEE in the game.   That's why we don't believe you. It's like that politician on the TV saying something like "inflation is not a problem" or some other stupid economic comment about how cheap things are when we clearly see that our food bill and utility bills are through the roof.   We don't believe them,  because they have last credibility.

That's the boat you have found yourself in. Maybe you are a serial liar.  Maybe you tell us exactly what the devs tell you and you believe it 100%.  Maybe it's somewhere in the middle.   None of that matters anymore.   Like Baghdad Bob in the photos above you simply have lost all credibility with the community,  and that is preventing you from being an effective communicator for the devs. 

I mocked you for those same reasons.  Like Nero fiddling while Rome burned,  you steadfastly repeat the same taking points while the reality (the impact to players,  and the game environment as a whole) is so clearly different.  DO YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME? Do you have to suffer with these changes like we do? 

Then there's the threats.   "please stop it or I will need to ban you."  A little light mockery and you're ready to break out the banhammer?   Sounds really totalitarian to me.  Again, a bit like 'Ole Baghdad Bob up above. 

You do you boo-boo, I'll do me.  If you think you need to ban me,  then do it.   

After all,  it's not like posting on this sham board actually gets the community ANYTHING.   

I see the "I don't like what you're saying" banhammer incoming in 5...4...3...

Read my message above, I have already stated that it's up to you whether to question my statement or not. Moreover, you're welcome to criticize the game as it's useful for us while collecting and analyzing the feedback. I'm okay with all these points and it's actually noted in the Rules of the Forum.

I don't threaten you 'cause I don't like what you say. I'm warning you 'cause your behavior is not friendly and your messages turn in a more offensive tone. Once again, let's follow the rules.

I'm constantly playing the game and I'm more a f2p player. Yes, I know and feel all the changes. That's why I've stated that I understand your feelings

5 окт. 2023, 17:3305.10.23

OK, let me change tone for you then.  I'll try a different tactic.  I'll ask these two simple questions.  Although to be honest I seriously doubt I'll get straight answers.  I hope to be wrong on that.

Question 1... Do you agree that the overall community sentiment is negative on this release, and the last few releases.

To me, it seems like it is.  Mine obviously is.  Personally, I feel like this is just anopther release that adds nothing to the player's enjoyment, yet actively detracts from what we get (once again, less acoins from grinding for example), and makes our gameplay harder and less enjoyable.

Question 2... Do you agree that the community sentiment is actually getting worse with each release?

To me, it seems like every release is about one thing only.  Revenue.  Obviously, nobody makes a F2P game without hoping to make money off it.  Without money, there's no paying of employees, etc.  Totally cool with that.  I'm a capitalist pig after all.  But the feeling I have is like the people at Plarium making decisions have come to some conclusion that perhaps the game is at the end of it's main lifespan, so it's time to wring every nickel we can while's there's still some playerbase left.  If I'm wrong on this, then I am at a loss to understand why all of the last few releases/updates have been about adding premium/purchasable content, raising prices, and reducing rewards, while not bothering to fix the bugs that are actually impacting the player base, or providing features that the players request (like saves configs for example).

5 окт. 2023, 17:4405.10.23
egyas

OK, let me change tone for you then.  I'll try a different tactic.  I'll ask these two simple questions.  Although to be honest I seriously doubt I'll get straight answers.  I hope to be wrong on that.

Question 1... Do you agree that the overall community sentiment is negative on this release, and the last few releases.

To me, it seems like it is.  Mine obviously is.  Personally, I feel like this is just anopther release that adds nothing to the player's enjoyment, yet actively detracts from what we get (once again, less acoins from grinding for example), and makes our gameplay harder and less enjoyable.

Question 2... Do you agree that the community sentiment is actually getting worse with each release?

To me, it seems like every release is about one thing only.  Revenue.  Obviously, nobody makes a F2P game without hoping to make money off it.  Without money, there's no paying of employees, etc.  Totally cool with that.  I'm a capitalist pig after all.  But the feeling I have is like the people at Plarium making decisions have come to some conclusion that perhaps the game is at the end of it's main lifespan, so it's time to wring every nickel we can while's there's still some playerbase left.  If I'm wrong on this, then I am at a loss to understand why all of the last few releases/updates have been about adding premium/purchasable content, raising prices, and reducing rewards, while not bothering to fix the bugs that are actually impacting the player base, or providing features that the players request (like saves configs for example).

You can say higher, but not clearer...let's see the straight answers. I can't wait!

6 окт. 2023, 08:5506.10.23
egyas

Yes, I agree with both of the statements. The game will never be like it was anymore, that's the fact. However, another fact is that it's not gonna be like it is right now, as many novelties are under development. Such a small feature like the Modifiers has already brought significant diversity to the usual gameplay. In our plans, there are much more major and ambitious Updates.

So, long story short - yes, we know that the recent changes brought negative reactions. Yes, we knew that such a reaction would be going to be even before these changes were implemented into the game. But there are forced measures.

Besides, don't forget that there are still many ways to earn Resources in the game. Besides common Events, completing Objectives and Achievements, joining Tournaments, moving through Progress Path, and stuff, there are always exciting Community Events, affordable Offers, and Mech Arena Store

6 окт. 2023, 17:1806.10.23

@CrystalDrew, first thank you for answering clearly.  There was still some canned response mingled in there, but it was honestly better than I was expected.  Kudos for that!

Now paraphrasing...

"We knew these changes were going to be unpopular, but we implemented them anyway because we have a vision of where we want to go."

I have seen this design mentality many times before in games, apps, enterprise level software etc.  There is one single consistent fact that they all tripped on.  They made the app a failure.  A great example is the game "Dreadnought".  It may still be available on Steam.  It was a beautiful game with great gameplay.  The community loved it.  May of us bought into it and played it a TON.  But then the Devs started making changes based on where THEY wanted to go.  The public hated the changes.  They spoke back.  They pushed back.  They rebelled.  Sound similar?

In the end, the game is now completely dead.  Why?  Because the Devs didn't listen to the player base.  They decided that where THEY wanted to go was more important than what the people that PAY for it wanted.  This is never a recipe for success, and it never works.

Like I said, I have seen this w/ Games, with other apps (like MS Lync/Skype), etc.  Same thing over and over.

Since the goal of a game/app/whatever is to be a vehicle for the creators to make money, WHY WHY WHY would you not listen to what the people that are PAYING for it actually want?  

This is a lesson my kids had to learn the hard way.  They though that what they wanted was more important than when the person paying for it (me) wanted or was willing to do.  In the end, they were upset, without what they wanted, and I still had my money so I didn't lose anything.

If this keeps up, Plarium will end up in a similar way to my kids.  Upset, and without what they want (players and money).  We'll just move onto another game.  Which will really suck, since at its core Mech Arene can be a really fun game.  That's why we're pushing back.  To keep the game alive and fun.  We'd rather not see it become yet another dead husk of a game with no players.

6 окт. 2023, 17:4806.10.23

Of course! The store that cannot be missed xD! It doesn't matter that we players feel frustrated, it doesn't matter that your changes end up costing us a lot of money because that is precisely what you intend, it doesn't matter that you have ruined the player experience, it doesn't matter everything because there are going to be changes (probably dedicated to squeezing the money out of us). Gentlemen!!! Let the whole world knows!!! There are going to be changes!!! All you had to do now is making us believe that they are going to benefit us. We have to be submissive clients and keep quiet when you are bothering us as much as you can, and on top of that, you always make it clear to us that it is done on purpose!

You can't play a good game, as you hear, not even one, because your bots ruin everything and even with all your maxed out mechs and weapons you won't be able to beat them. Now your bosses have decided to destroy our games with Scorpius maxed with maxed gravitons, implants and legendary pilots and with extrasensory perception because they are capable of killing you even when they are looking somewhere else. Maxed explorers with full mortars, implants and legendary pilots, which always, always, always know where you are, otherwise they wouldn't be able to shoot, but you can't see them ergo kill them.They don't let you develop your game strategies, and what could we say about the Gatecrashers with railguns and EM rifles, maxed out of course , and they shoot you at a 90 degree angle and kill you. Just yesterday I saw a Surge bot flying, but that was surely due to the needs of the game, right?

You have explanations for everything, everything is justified and the bad guys are the players, clients who put their money in the game and who come to complain to this forum for nothing.

All of this should be reportable before the law because at the end of the day, we are talking about a dishonest company, PLARIUM, that all it does is despise its customers while inventing new ways to make them spend by all means, even stealing resources for which you have previously paid, such as implant points. I understand this is business bc I'm running my own, but you are going so far.

Fix once and for all everything that you have broken and that causes us displeasure and then you will have time to develop new things!!! This is something you could easily do but we all know you won't.

7 окт. 2023, 19:5607.10.23

Bro it takes up to 3 to 4 days just to get 200 acoins from quests

9 окт. 2023, 04:2609.10.23
9 окт. 2023, 04:27(отредактировано)

Hey, devs! You look bored. Come on! Wake up! There are still a few things you can ruin in the game. Show us how good you are at it! Ups... sorry, you already did!