Все Категории

Release Highlights 2.06

Release Highlights 2.06

Hey, everyone!

Our Mech Arena Team continues working on the game despite all odds and difficulties. We’re slowly getting back on track, and the time has come to reveal Update Highlights 2.06!

This time, we have a few cosmetic and QoL improvements prepared for you: new avatars, improved Battle Pass UI, and new ways to get Pilots, Implants, and materials to upgrade them just by playing the game. 

Let’s dive right in.

New Player Avatars

Keen-eyed players might have noticed that the Profile avatars we have don’t look quite like the Pilots we’ve released a little while ago. The answer to that enigma is simple - we used early concept art at the beginning and had no time to update it until now. But as of 2.06, player avatars will match the actual in-game appearance of their favorite Pilots. Got someone you identify with the most? Now you can show that!

Battle Pass Interface improvements

Though we continue working on Battle Pass rewards and challenges, that is no reason to ignore smaller matters that concern this awesome feature. Here are a few UI upgrades that will go live in 2.06:

• Battle Pass rewards will get a more intuitive visualization
  • Battle Path Levels visualization will get tweaked as well to make tracking your progress easier
  • Duplicate notifications for challenges completed simultaneously will be removed

We hope these changes will make for a smoother experience!

Pilots improvements

We know many of you asked to add more ways of upgrading Pilots and Implants to the game, and it’s finally arriving with Update 2.06. We’ll add Pilots, Pilot Marks, Implants, and Parts to various regular Events and in-game activities. The more you play, the faster you’ll progress!

Просмотры
Комментарии
13 апр. 2022, 15:4213.04.22
FlooCommunity Manager
15 апр. 2022, 11:2215.04.22
ICE-800

It would be nice if we could upload or modify an avatar....How about you add some options for facial hair, hats, jewelry, etc..?

i

Mech Arena upfront...Party out back....

Thank you very much for your comment! Well, while such a function might not be introduced very quickly, this is indeed an excellent suggestion for the future!

15 апр. 2022, 19:2915.04.22
Floo

Every season of Battle Pass differs and it is indeed a matter of taste whether the player is excited about the main price or not. However, a total of 30 prizes that each season of the Battle Pass comprises are very valuable. 

Most prizes that matter are a miniscule amount of credits and blueprints with 1 exception being extra XP, unless you pay. In which case you get 150% extra xp and, a good bit more blueprints, and a significant amount more credits. Credits and blueprints good for general upgrades but unless battle pass purchasers purchase a-coins separately I don't see how their rank upgrades can compete with the speed at which they make other upgrades. Players already have problems keeping up on star rank upgrades, and battle pass just seems like a way for players to pay to exascerbate that problem unless they're willing to pay more. And the battle pass is already expensive. Clash of Clans gold season pass is $5, and I don't feel like I would need to purchase more to really get the value out of my gold season pass purchase.

Sure you can say it's a matter of taste but most seasons I see players complaining it's not worth it. I have never once seen anyone say "actually, I like the battle pass and would purchase it".

15 апр. 2022, 19:4915.04.22
Floo

There is no mention of the progress path in the highlights of the 2.06 version because the new version does not include any changes to it. As soon as we receive any news on the system of acquiring new content - I will make sure to mention it in all my responses!

It's so sad you're as in the dark on information regarding systems of acquiring new content. I know that when it's hush-hush it's never good news. But this is a special kind of hush-hush. I'm not used to CMs being in the dark, or not used to them sharing that they're in the dark.

I get the feeling the new system won't be very f2p friendly based on this. But plarium wants to keep players emotionally invested and hoping for something f2p friendly so they stick around and maybe spend money on the game as well. That way when the reveal comes and it's a shit in ur face, you've also invested money into the game. Kind of like with pilots, where they tried to sell it being f2p friendly but it ended up being a shitty cash-grab. But this time plarium won't say anything about this being f2p friendly. Since we already have a premium and semi-premium way of acquiring new content, it creates a context in which players are already hoping the new method is f2p friendly even when it certainly won't be.

16 апр. 2022, 00:1516.04.22

I would be very happy if I could put the same type of implants in 2 different pilots. I usually use Missile Rack 6 and 8, but I can only use a pilot with implants for Racks.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the excellent work.

18 апр. 2022, 18:0818.04.22
Floo

The launch is very near! Please follow the news ❤️

ARCs still are bugged, they deal damage to mechs that just spawned. Please fix ty...👍 cheetah also has/had the same bug cat tell if its fixed🤔 

FlooCommunity Manager
19 апр. 2022, 11:3119.04.22
Bbmech

It's so sad you're as in the dark on information regarding systems of acquiring new content. I know that when it's hush-hush it's never good news. But this is a special kind of hush-hush. I'm not used to CMs being in the dark, or not used to them sharing that they're in the dark.

I get the feeling the new system won't be very f2p friendly based on this. But plarium wants to keep players emotionally invested and hoping for something f2p friendly so they stick around and maybe spend money on the game as well. That way when the reveal comes and it's a shit in ur face, you've also invested money into the game. Kind of like with pilots, where they tried to sell it being f2p friendly but it ended up being a shitty cash-grab. But this time plarium won't say anything about this being f2p friendly. Since we already have a premium and semi-premium way of acquiring new content, it creates a context in which players are already hoping the new method is f2p friendly even when it certainly won't be.

It looks like you are trying to read between the lines 🙂 I completely understand your anticipation of new features to be introduced in Mech Arena. However, a big change like the new system of acquiring the content is not something that can be released overnight. The development process is complex, it requires a thorough analysis of many factors in order for such a new system to meet the expectations of all players. 

19 апр. 2022, 19:0519.04.22
19 апр. 2022, 19:05(отредактировано)

I've been here since beta.  I'm in all the way.  I will continue to support you guys too.  This is my personal favorite game. 

👉👈

19 апр. 2022, 19:0619.04.22
Floo

Thank you very much for your comment! Well, while such a function might not be introduced very quickly, this is indeed an excellent suggestion for the future!

Nice space mullet. lol 😁

27 апр. 2022, 01:5627.04.22
IvanRussak

Супер

Can we have a separate hanger for tournament and CPC?