Все Категории

matchmaking ranking

matchmaking ranking

Поиск
9 март 2024, 22:4209.03.24

matchmaking ranking

I have a hangar of 3 stars mech and weapons all across the board, naturally my opponents should all be 3stars. instead I am matched with 4 stars opponent, how does that work ? 

by that logic my opponent who is 4 stars should be matched with 4 star opponents who are either  4 stars or above, but instead they get matched with me a star lower than them ?

how are they able to be matched with team lower than them in stars, but I am not ?

my hangar

i

the opponent

i

i

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
10 март 2024, 13:0610.03.24

so how does your matchmaking work exactly, which one is it ?

cus I am sure as hell if I equipe even a single purple star weapon, all hell will break lose and all my opponents will be at least 6 stars or puple stars, despite me having 99% of my hangar at 3 stars.

yet randos like this guy are able to equipe maxed weapons and still get matched with me at full 3 stars hangar?

the actual f is goin on ?

i

i

10 март 2024, 22:5610.03.24

Lots of people having asked the same question before, the standard Plarium answer is, "Matchmaking is based on your skill level, not your hanger level." I usually have a 7.5k-8.5k hanger and constantly get matched up against 11k-12k hangers. Takes me 2-3x as many shots to take them out. Challenging for sure, and not always fun. 

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
11 март 2024, 14:3711.03.24
BobSux

Lots of people having asked the same question before, the standard Plarium answer is, "Matchmaking is based on your skill level, not your hanger level." I usually have a 7.5k-8.5k hanger and constantly get matched up against 11k-12k hangers. Takes me 2-3x as many shots to take them out. Challenging for sure, and not always fun. 

There are different factors influencing Matchmaking, including Squad Power, game experience, current online, and stuff. Nonetheless, currently, our team has developed some adjustments for this system so will see what will it bring!

11 март 2024, 16:4211.03.24
BobSux

regardless of how the matchmaking is setup, my initial question is why it seems like it only works on certain players while some other seems to be unaffected by it, example shown in my second reply.

12 март 2024, 12:5112.03.24
elitegd

regardless of how the matchmaking is setup, my initial question is why it seems like it only works on certain players while some other seems to be unaffected by it, example shown in my second reply.

The Matchmaking system is way too complicated to be systemized in the way it is described. The algorithms work the same for all the users, but as we can see, the results may differ, and sometimes they are not positive enough. We are working on the adjustments  

13 март 2024, 02:0713.03.24
CrystalDrew

There are different factors influencing Matchmaking, including Squad Power, game experience, current online, and stuff. Nonetheless, currently, our team has developed some adjustments for this system so will see what will it bring!

CrystalDrew,

This is the offical response from support when I asked about matchmaking. Note that they say exactly what I said, it's skill based. 

Hi!

Thanks for your message on the matchmaking system. We take all feedback seriously, and we appreciate your input.

Our
matching system is skill-based. If you're being matched with strong
opponents, the system has determined you're skilled enough to compete at
that level.
While it may be challenging, it also allows you to improve your skills.

Additionally, we'd like to share some tips that might help you in your battles:
-
Strategize your gameplay and use your Mechs and Weapons effectively to
counter your opponents' strengths. You can use our YouTube guidelines
for reference
https://www.youtube.com/@MechArenaOfficial
- Focus on completing Daily challenges, participate in Events and Tournaments to collect more resources.
-
Consider joining a Clan or forming a team with your friends. Fight
together and develop various strategies depending on the location.

We sincerely hope that these tips will help you.

Best regards,

Daniel

Player Support Team

Seems like you all need to get on the same page with your answers. Either it's skill based or it's some other complicated, convoluted factors. All I know is it sucks when I get thrown up against 12k squad power. 

13 март 2024, 10:5813.03.24
13 март 2024, 10:58(отредактировано)
BobSux

CrystalDrew,

This is the offical response from support when I asked about matchmaking. Note that they say exactly what I said, it's skill based. 

Hi!

Thanks for your message on the matchmaking system. We take all feedback seriously, and we appreciate your input.

Our
matching system is skill-based. If you're being matched with strong
opponents, the system has determined you're skilled enough to compete at
that level.
While it may be challenging, it also allows you to improve your skills.

Additionally, we'd like to share some tips that might help you in your battles:
-
Strategize your gameplay and use your Mechs and Weapons effectively to
counter your opponents' strengths. You can use our YouTube guidelines
for reference
https://www.youtube.com/@MechArenaOfficial
- Focus on completing Daily challenges, participate in Events and Tournaments to collect more resources.
-
Consider joining a Clan or forming a team with your friends. Fight
together and develop various strategies depending on the location.

We sincerely hope that these tips will help you.

Best regards,

Daniel

Player Support Team

Seems like you all need to get on the same page with your answers. Either it's skill based or it's some other complicated, convoluted factors. All I know is it sucks when I get thrown up against 12k squad power. 

Surely, skill is the basis of matchmaking

But no matter how powerful a player is, it is impossible not to take into account the Squad Power as users without skill but with super strong Weapons/Mechs will still have an advantage

In the same way, the number of online players is super important. After all, we try to make sure that you play with as many real players as possible, and so on: of course, Matchmaking is skill-based, but it's not the only factor that is taken into account

14 март 2024, 06:3014.03.24

Speaking only from my experience, Plarium's idea of "skill based" matching seems to be pitting f2p and low dollar players that actually play well with lower sp hangars against higher sp hangars that basically just overwhelm their opponents powerwise with no actual strategy. Then, because they know just being p2w OP isn't enough to cinch a win, they apply weaker/dumber AI on one side and stronger/smarter AI on the other based on who the system wants to win (can you guess which - haha). Ultimately, the only place in the game to reach true "balanced" gameplay is once you fully max out a current meta hangar; at that point, you can only really play people using equal or less power than you. In my opinion, this is why endgame play seems very lackluster and boring to many player that climbed their way there through near endless matches of overwhelming odds in lower leagues.

18 март 2024, 14:1618.03.24
18 март 2024, 14:21(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

yes, then how does it work ? you seem to gasp the ins and outs of the matchmaking but still didnt give an answer which is the point of the post ?

break it down for us ? weapons rankings? win/loss ratio ? squad power ? spending ?

does it immediatly pick on on sudden hangar changes and adapt to them ? or does it need multiples matches to adjust ?

18 март 2024, 15:0518.03.24

Show your hangar with pilots

18 март 2024, 16:1718.03.24

I bet you cant explain this one

i

19 март 2024, 16:0819.03.24
elitegd

yes, then how does it work ? you seem to gasp the ins and outs of the matchmaking but still didnt give an answer which is the point of the post ?

break it down for us ? weapons rankings? win/loss ratio ? squad power ? spending ?

does it immediatly pick on on sudden hangar changes and adapt to them ? or does it need multiples matches to adjust ?

It takes into account Squad Power, game experience, current online, server, and many other more tiny points

19 март 2024, 18:4719.03.24
19 март 2024, 20:06(отредактировано)

Dont believe a word any of the team tell you , Its very simple to fix match making once you know the trigger points .

All has all to do with disparity between power levels of your mech , what items you use and what pilots . Thays why you see some player with just 1 higher level mech , with lower level weps , and 4 mecs with 2 energy weapons.

ITS ALL TO MAKE YOU SPEND MORE MONEY  PERIOD !!!!!!!     

I tested lots of things , i manged to get to 1450 games with 1445wins (no BS ) but i was playing low level bots , you get to a cetrtian trigger point and ai get moved up to the next tier and better weapons etc, and every time you increase so does the AI and level of players you go up agasint , i then started messing about with that account as i started a fresh one ( wanted to see how i could mess it up ) its still playable with 5 slots open but not bothered plaing it , was just pushing it to get max AI agasint me to experiment ( obvioulsy win losss kicked in a bit them )  69466729

Based on skill is total BS , if i miss arm a mech or go out of the AI bracket  ( with a 1k hanger it will put me up against 4k hangers because the disparity between my set up was too much )

I can play a 2 star nomad with 4 star em8   + 2 1 tier mechs ( and pil;ots and implants ) and win anything and everything  , same i have surge / eclipse and hemlock, vortex  ( i won vortex at1 star because i wanted to )on this account ,, All at £1.99  ,  now palarium have got wise to these actions and now the majoruty of shop offers for mechs ( if not all ) are now 3 star minimum..

Even if you start a new account , get to the 4k xp to open armoury , you used to be able to buy 2 star mechs for £1.99 upto a £20 threshold , then would increase to 3 star . This is no longer the case , everythign 3 star minimum ( the odd 2 star wep shows up )

I also have almost maxed hangers on other accounts  ( i have around 6 accounts , quite a few are pocket change , some a couple of £ , 1 account less than £100 but this is by far the worst account to play )  36092974

I find it very boring to get 1 shot all the time from AI with 100% accurey and god like  targeting speed, i find it very boring , so now i play low level hangers and have much more fun.  This account has almost all pilots maxed , majority of weps maxed and almost all the mechs i use close to max ( 3 year old account) 

check out 2star guild and some of the hangers , we done extensive testing .

If its fun you are after DO NOT SPEND MONEY , DO NOT CHASE THE META. 

You can use more than 1 higher level mech and weapon , but it takes pratice and knowledge  to ballance your hanger , its all to do with AI tier trigger levels , play custom games ( ones where its just bots ) to test your hangers before battles 

DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP

21 март 2024, 14:4721.03.24
test1

Dont believe a word any of the team tell you , Its very simple to fix match making once you know the trigger points .

All has all to do with disparity between power levels of your mech , what items you use and what pilots . Thays why you see some player with just 1 higher level mech , with lower level weps , and 4 mecs with 2 energy weapons.

I tested lots of things , i manged to get to 1450 games with 1445wins (no BS ) but i was playing low level bots , you get to a cetrtian trigger point and ai get moved up to the next tier and better weapons etc, and every time you increase so does the AI and level of players you go up agasint , i then started messing about with that account as i started a fresh one ( wanted to see how i could mess it up ) its still playable with 5 slots open but not bothered plaing it , was just pushing it to get max AI agasint me to experiment ( obvioulsy win losss kicked in a bit them )  69466729

Based on skill is total BS , if i miss arm a mech or go out of the AI bracket  ( with a 1k hanger it will put me up against 4k hangers because the disparity between my set up was too much )

I can play a 2 star nomad with 4 star em8   + 2 1 tier mechs ( and pil;ots and implants ) and win anything and everything  , same i have surge / eclipse and hemlock, vortex  ( i won vortex at1 star because i wanted to )on this account ,, All at £1.99  ,  now palarium have got wise to these actions and now the majoruty of shop offers for mechs ( if not all ) are now 3 star minimum..

Even if you start a new account , get to the 4k xp to open armoury , you used to be able to buy 2 star mechs for £1.99 upto a £20 threshold , then would increase to 3 star . This is no longer the case , everythign 3 star minimum ( the odd 2 star wep shows up )

I also have almost maxed hangers on other accounts  ( i have around 6 accounts , quite a few are pocket change , some a couple of £ , 1 account less than £100 but this is by far the worst account to play )  36092974

I find it very boring to get 1 shot all the time from AI with 100% accurey and god like  targeting speed, i find it very boring , so now i play low level hangers and have much more fun.  This account has almost all pilots maxed , majority of weps maxed and almost all the mechs i use close to max ( 3 year old account) 

check out 2star guild and some of the hangers , we done extensive testing .

If its fun you are after DO NOT SPEND MONEY , DO NOT CHASE THE META. 

You can use more than 1 higher level mech and weapon , but it takes pratice and knowledge  to ballance your hanger , its all to do with AI tier trigger levels , play custom games ( ones where its just bots ) to test your hangers before battles 

DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP

Hello! As it was as simple as you said, the Matchmaking system would probably have already performed perfectly. Still, it takes time and effort to work on it. Still, it's in progress.

As stated multiple times, we are treating all players the same. Paying is a choice, but it's not obliged. Surely, it allows you to obtain novelties much earlier and progress faster, but it never guarantees you a win.

Talking about the AI, bots in the game can be strong and have good equipment, but they don't think as deeply as real players. We're working on making the AI more advanced to act more like real people 

23 март 2024, 12:4023.03.24

i

So if I understand correctly, I'm so good that I have to fight in a tournament against people with a hangar twice as good as mine to get rewards (A-point) to be able to catch up with them??? This is totally illogical and encourages you to become bad in order to gain rewards and be in the opposite case of this image (4-5k vs 2k)... 

24 март 2024, 11:4424.03.24

there's nothing left to do, the games are controlled. in the last month, there's no way he can win a game. suddenly you see a bunch of bots, who seem to have teleportation, invading your base, and... the bots win. there is nothing to do. controlled games. letting those who have to spend win, we are at the limit of the legal, there is absolutely nothing transparent here

26 март 2024, 22:2326.03.24
CrystalDrew

Hello! As it was as simple as you said, the Matchmaking system would probably have already performed perfectly. Still, it takes time and effort to work on it. Still, it's in progress.

As stated multiple times, we are treating all players the same. Paying is a choice, but it's not obliged. Surely, it allows you to obtain novelties much earlier and progress faster, but it never guarantees you a win.

Talking about the AI, bots in the game can be strong and have good equipment, but they don't think as deeply as real players. We're working on making the AI more advanced to act more like real people 

"Hello! As it was as simple as you said, the Matchmaking system would
probably have already performed perfectly. Still, it takes time and
effort to work on it. Still, it's in progress. " 

Are you telling us that dev are so stupid they failed to make any improvement in 3-4 years. I don't believe you. They could easly fix it if they wanted to. But thats not their goal. They just want to push premium content.

"As stated multiple times, we are treating all players the same. Paying
is a choice, but it's not obliged. Surely, it allows you to obtain
novelties much earlier and progress faster, but it never guarantees you a
win. "

No you don't. $$$ ithems are much stronger then non premium at similar rank. Not to mention that MM treats them more linient and matches them against non premium with lower ranks. 

"Talking about the AI, bots in the game can be strong and have good
equipment, but they don't think as deeply as real players. We're working
on making the AI more advanced to act more like real people "

You don't need to make them more like real people, just make them less stupid and anoying and that will be enougth.

27 март 2024, 14:0727.03.24
NQS3

"Hello! As it was as simple as you said, the Matchmaking system would
probably have already performed perfectly. Still, it takes time and
effort to work on it. Still, it's in progress. " 

Are you telling us that dev are so stupid they failed to make any improvement in 3-4 years. I don't believe you. They could easly fix it if they wanted to. But thats not their goal. They just want to push premium content.

"As stated multiple times, we are treating all players the same. Paying
is a choice, but it's not obliged. Surely, it allows you to obtain
novelties much earlier and progress faster, but it never guarantees you a
win. "

No you don't. $$$ ithems are much stronger then non premium at similar rank. Not to mention that MM treats them more linient and matches them against non premium with lower ranks. 

"Talking about the AI, bots in the game can be strong and have good
equipment, but they don't think as deeply as real players. We're working
on making the AI more advanced to act more like real people "

You don't need to make them more like real people, just make them less stupid and anoying and that will be enougth.

Hello! Please don't use familiarity - let's respect each other. The Matchmaking system is a comprehensive feature that affects the majority of core processes of the game. There were times when it performed better; there were times when it performed worse. Step by step, we are working on adjustments for it.

Spending players don't have any extra advantage - only quicker progress and earlier access to novelties. Besides, after some time, all the Content will be available for in-game Resources.

The bots are aimed at imitating real players. That's why I've mentioned that we are working on making them more like real users.

27 март 2024, 16:3127.03.24
CrystalDrew

Hello! Please don't use familiarity - let's respect each other. The Matchmaking system is a comprehensive feature that affects the majority of core processes of the game. There were times when it performed better; there were times when it performed worse. Step by step, we are working on adjustments for it.

Spending players don't have any extra advantage - only quicker progress and earlier access to novelties. Besides, after some time, all the Content will be available for in-game Resources.

The bots are aimed at imitating real players. That's why I've mentioned that we are working on making them more like real users.

Payers having early access to "novelties" that give an advantage means they have an advantage for paying. What kind of response is that?

28 март 2024, 14:2328.03.24
DipArena

Payers having early access to "novelties" that give an advantage means they have an advantage for paying. What kind of response is that?

The new Content has been developed considering the game balance, so it's not imbalanced. You still can complete and win with older Cotnent. Skill and strategy matter, so it's even possible to compete having lower Grade Content (but of course, it's not easy at all).