All Categories

What is wrong-changed in the BATTLEGROUNDS

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 13, 2017, 09:5012/13/17
08/14/15

I`ve been struggling to understand what was changed or what has gone wrong with BGs payouts. Peeps are saying plarium deducted the reward drop from high-level BGs, and increased the rewards from low-level BGs. I never say any announcement about that.

Yesterday started to do my BGs (I am not the usual BG player who do BGs daily, and who score millions of points in order to win any given tournament) But what happened kinda suprised me, because I started from level 48 and went up to level 68 (Deff BGs) didn`t got any payouts, so far I did lost around 6mill Deff. So I waited for the reset to come, because usualy when I wait the reset and go for 3-5 more D bgs I`d recover my loses......NOTHING like this happened!!! Lost another 4mill D and decided to stop.

This morning I did Off BG - 67lvl, and got as a reward 1.7k warlocks + 317 Demons. Which is rediculous low.

Any opinions how to get out of this ?! and eventually restore atleast 50-70% of the force I lost?

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 13, 2017, 10:0912/13/17
08/31/15

What I have observed is they made payouts overall smaller, but more frequent.  For instance, instead of getting next to nothing then 5k dragons all at once, I'll get 500 dragons today, 200 tomorrow, 700 day after that, etc.  When I do the math though, I never get back what I put in (minus tax).  The deficit is growing larger every time I do bgs.  Plarium needs to look into this, someone is embezzling from the bg bank =P

I suspect that the smaller but more frequent payouts may be why people are seeing more "big" payouts on smaller bgs.  Some of the reward you should have gotten from the high level bg is being held back and slowly parsed out as you clear other bgs.  

Dec 13, 2017, 11:1112/13/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

as far i know, the mechanism of bgs has not been changed so they should (:)) work as always

im not a big bg player and less of all high level bgs player neither a pro but i took the decission to stay on levels 60-80 to get my big payouts

till those levels as far i can check they still pay what have to pay and in the moment they have to pay

so lets wait to the better voices of pros bg players

Regards
Dec 13, 2017, 11:2312/13/17
08/14/15

Any chance the payout drop could be caused by that huge "End of the year BG tournament" that still has 2 more days to go? At least i`ve heard rumours that payouts are dropping significantly when there is BG tournament.....????

Dec 13, 2017, 11:3712/13/17
02/29/16

Hello.

There was no any change in the BGs for more than 1.5 years already. 

Neither BGs mechanics nor Rewards given for high, low Level BGs were changed as well.
Dec 13, 2017, 11:4412/13/17
08/14/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Neither BGs mechanics nor Rewards given for high, low Level BGs were changed as well.
so I just got a bad luck only?
Dec 13, 2017, 12:0712/13/17
04/10/15

Medivh said:

Lord Medivh

its not bad luck, its only ur bank is not ready for the levels u try or u have not returned to evil Balur the last big payout

Regards
Dec 13, 2017, 12:3712/13/17
08/14/15
Juglar del Viento said:

Medivh said:

Lord Medivh

its not bad luck, its only ur bank is not ready for the levels u try or u have not returned to evil Balur the last big payout

Regards
My last big payout was like 2-3 weeks ago, was 6.8k demons. Since then I`ve lost around 2.5k Griffs, 1k Golems, 7k (atleast) Demons .....lost the count of the cavalry&infantry.....
Dec 13, 2017, 13:1512/13/17
04/10/15

Medivh said:

My last big payout was like 2-3 weeks ago, was 6.8k demons. Since then I`ve lost around 2.5k Griffs, 1k Golems, 7k (atleast) Demons .....lost the count of the cavalry&infantry.....

Lord Medivh

ok lets try to compute it:

you receive 6800 demons i suppose that payout is from a level 69 or 70 and it is equivalent to 29240.000 resources

then you have spend:

2500 griffins or what its the same : 12.350.000 resources

1000 gollems or what is the same: 3.325.000 resources

7000 demons or what is the same: 28.595.000 resources

that is a total of 44.270.000 resources

plus the cavaltry u dont say and i cant guess

at this point all i can say is: you sure have returned the last big payout plus the interest to balur so the payout is near

but i have against this calcs that i dont know the minipayouts u got during spending that resources

so i cant guess where and when u can get the big payout

your bank is that 44.270.000 + the resources you said of ur cavaltry - the amount of the minipayouts u got

once u have done that operation the amount u got is what is in ur bank and it will tell you the level to hit

hope all this can help you to solve ur doubts

Regards

Dec 13, 2017, 15:1712/13/17
12/18/14

Maybe you don't really understand battleground mechanics? 

My soldier's payout from this morning http://prntscr.com/hmzk6v

Dec 13, 2017, 16:5812/13/17
08/14/15

Jezebel said:

Never said I totally understand BGs mechanics Jezebel, thying to learn. As I stated above, I`ve never been a pro BG player. 

What was the BG level on this screenshot, gotta be 100+ ?
Dec 13, 2017, 19:4912/13/17
10/31/14

BG are working as intended. The are many regulators that kinda spin and dertimine weather or not you will get a payout. Over time our understanding of this factors increase, thanks to people like juglar we discover and postulate some of this factors over time. Tax for example, method of banking, unit resource value, boost per unit power are some of this factors.

BG are units in resource out, and not base power in base power out. Thus how much units power you invest is irrelevant and mutually exclusive of the bank. 

Another note, your method of banking is inclusive of payout time, in a sense. What this means is that how you engage the BG ( fight bular) will determine when you get s payout. I won't get into technical stuff, but this is largely due to the effect of BG points algorithm, which kind of add another spin independent of the above mentioned spin. This s This spin works by either delaying or speeding up your payout. What I found out is that if you do the English BG method, or yellow barring , and your total units bank value is like 150%+ of your highest bank your chance of being affected by this spin is reduced. This is why most coiners like Jezebel and some old veterans who do 1-5 never notice the delay. Cause they can simply block it's effect by inflating their bank by a factor of 1.3 to 10. But non coiners and neophytes, well they are doomed, if they use the English method. 

Good luck with your battleground hunts. I have shared too much secrets :). 

Dec 13, 2017, 20:4912/13/17
01/11/16

I got 100 mil plus in resources stuck in bgs, hehe, not that I care. 

I would suggest to try when there is not a battleground conquest event and you might have better luck getting it out.
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 14, 2017, 10:3112/14/17
10/04/13
Medivh said:

I`ve been struggling to understand what was changed or what has gone wrong with BGs payouts. Peeps are saying plarium deducted the reward drop from high-level BGs, and increased the rewards from low-level BGs. I never say any announcement about that.

Yesterday started to do my BGs (I am not the usual BG player who do BGs daily, and who score millions of points in order to win any given tournament) But what happened kinda suprised me, because I started from level 48 and went up to level 68 (Deff BGs) didn`t got any payouts, so far I did lost around 6mill Deff. So I waited for the reset to come, because usualy when I wait the reset and go for 3-5 more D bgs I`d recover my loses......NOTHING like this happened!!! Lost another 4mill D and decided to stop.

This morning I did Off BG - 67lvl, and got as a reward 1.7k warlocks + 317 Demons. Which is rediculous low.

Any opinions how to get out of this ?! and eventually restore atleast 50-70% of the force I lost?

Plarium hasn't made any changes to the battleground payout system recently.  However, the bgs have a tax system, so each bg you hit you pay a tax of about 3% (ie you only ever get about 97% of your lost troops back).  The more bgs you hit the more tax you pay.  So you should only hit them when you need to convert unit types or want to revive units with sapphires to increase your army.  
Dec 14, 2017, 11:3412/14/17
02/29/16
Limad said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

If you guys were serious about this you'd release a set of BG regression test results following each update. To just say that no deliberate changes were made to BGs doesn't rule out that something was changed inadvertently as a result of other changes. 
BGs are a part of the game that is regularly checked by our QA team to make sure that other updates didn't influence them :)
Dec 19, 2017, 11:2812/19/17
08/30/17
Jezebel said:

Nice reward :-)
Dec 20, 2017, 22:2912/20/17
11/27/14
I will test BG at lvl 110-122.  And I will see if it is safe to do BG's :)
Dec 21, 2017, 14:1412/21/17
10/31/14
Lord Mark said:

I will test BG at lvl 110-122.  And I will see if it is safe to do BG's :)
Don't do anything I won't do. BG are not a loss making, or loss based like some would have you believe
Dec 21, 2017, 15:1112/21/17
Dec 21, 2017, 15:15(edited)
12/18/14

Oracle said:

BG are working as intended. The are many regulators that kinda spin and dertimine weather or not you will get a payout. Over time our understanding of this factors increase, thanks to people like juglar we discover and postulate some of this factors over time. Tax for example, method of banking, unit resource value, boost per unit power are some of this factors.

BG are units in resource out, and not base power in base power out. Thus how much units power you invest is irrelevant and mutually exclusive of the bank. 

Another note, your method of banking is inclusive of payout time, in a sense. What this means is that how you engage the BG ( fight bular) will determine when you get s payout. I won't get into technical stuff, but this is largely due to the effect of BG points algorithm, which kind of add another spin independent of the above mentioned spin. This s This spin works by either delaying or speeding up your payout. What I found out is that if you do the English BG method, or yellow barring , and your total units bank value is like 150%+ of your highest bank your chance of being affected by this spin is reduced. This is why most coiners like Jezebel and some old veterans who do 1-5 never notice the delay. Cause they can simply block it's effect by inflating their bank by a factor of 1.3 to 10. But non coiners and neophytes, well they are doomed, if they use the English method

Good luck with your battleground hunts. I have shared too much secrets :). 

LOL I do not play bg on a regular basis - If I was a coiner using BG to build my army you would see me in the rankings along with Jerry and the rest of them but I do not believe in spending huge dollars to do it - I usually play BG once every 6 months after I have spent the time to BUILD troops for BG.  Keep my name out of your posts since you know nothing about me & that payout was not mine it was my member's and they do not spend money on this game.

Please explain what the "English method" is, I have never heard of it - just another thing you made up to try to sound like you know what you are talking about?  If anyone is still playing this game seriously and do not know how to do BG then I suggest they join a decent league that knows how to BG and learn from them.  There are many methods and theories I use mine and it works but I also do not play BG frequently (hence why I do not have a 500 million offense hammer)
Dec 22, 2017, 03:2812/22/17
10/31/14

Jezebel said:

LOL I do not play bg on a regular basis - If I was a coiner using BG to build my army you would see me in the rankings along with Jerry and the rest of them but I do not believe in spending huge dollars to do it - I usually play BG once every 6 months after I have spent the time to BUILD troops for BG.  Keep my name out of your posts since you know nothing about me & that payout was not mine it was my member's and they do not spend money on this game.

Please explain what the "English method" is, I have never heard of it - just another thing you made up to try to sound like you know what you are talking about?  If anyone is still playing this game seriously and do not know how to do BG then I suggest they join a decent league that knows how to BG and learn from them.  There are many methods and theories I use mine and it works but I also do not play BG frequently (hence why I do not have a 500 million offense hammer)

A coiner is anyone who buys his army rather than grind it. The game we play also means that anyone who has a certain amount of units is automatically a coiner, cause it's impossible to build that much without coining. The amount spent on coining and method is irrelevant, weather you buy 9$ deals or 1-2 330 deals, it's irrelevant too. 

I have also said that(coiners) you, and veterans do 1-5 BG, I didn't specify when you do those BG. 

A quick search in the forum for the phrase English method, bring out an answer to your question. In short English method of banking is yellow barring, then finishing one of the yellow barred BG to earn your reward. It's different from the "Russian method". 

Dec 22, 2017, 13:5012/22/17
12/18/14

Oracle said:

Jezebel said:

A coiner is anyone who buys his army rather than grind it. The game we play also means that anyone who has a certain amount of units is automatically a coiner, cause it's impossible to build that much without coining. The amount spent on coining and method is irrelevant, weather you buy 9$ deals or 1-2 330 deals, it's irrelevant too. 

I have also said that(coiners) you, and veterans do 1-5 BG, I didn't specify when you do those BG. 

A quick search in the forum for the phrase English method, bring out an answer to your question. In short English method of banking is yellow barring, then finishing one of the yellow barred BG to earn your reward. It's different from the "Russian method". 

Again keep my name out of your posts - you know nothing about me or my play style - 3 years of raiding, building and bg's - if i bought my army it would be a lot bigger than it is 

Also you are using 'made up' terms to make yourself sound like you know what you are talking about 

Talk about your own experience and do not pretend to know anything about anyone else's
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.