Customer Service Tips

Customer Service Tips

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 3, 2016, 02:5112/03/16

IronApex Turok said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/community-managers-who-are-they/

according to plarium senior community manager Dennis Kobzan, only  200,000 active players in all of the plarium gaming community. 

So now we have the number we have all been asking for. 

assuming each game has an equal amount of players, thats 20,000 per game. 

just doing an even split, that means a max of  10k active active players per server on stormfall. 

willing to bet the number is more 80/20 split and only 2k active on untamed lands. 

to be precise and correct 

however your valuation  is very generous, i think for "real" need /10

Dec 3, 2016, 10:1512/03/16
08/03/14
jumy said:

IronApex Turok said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/community-managers-who-are-they/

according to plarium senior community manager Dennis Kobzan, only  200,000 active players in all of the plarium gaming community. 

So now we have the number we have all been asking for. 

assuming each game has an equal amount of players, thats 20,000 per game. 

just doing an even split, that means a max of  10k active active players per server on stormfall. 

willing to bet the number is more 80/20 split and only 2k active on untamed lands. 

to be precise and correct 

however your valuation  is very generous, i think for "real" need /10

i would venture to say that in late 2014 to early 2015 the plarium was at its peak. at least stormfall was. the numbers have only declined since then. 
Dec 5, 2016, 02:1212/05/16
05/03/15

They have at least 4 versions of stormfall I am aware of (FB, Kazam, Dark Plains, Untamed lands). If they do the same for the other games then they have more like 25-30 games running.

That puts each game at about 1,000 active users, which is pretty much what my experience has always told me the activity level is.

Bear in mind that at any point in time a significant proportion of that 1,000 are newer players in their first fews hours or days before dropping out. It's a tiny number of long term players that you are competing against.

Dec 5, 2016, 14:5912/05/16
Dec 5, 2016, 16:56(edited)

I'm totally agree with DJMODDY, add small considerations

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here, djmoody!

You've found an interesting article 

And I'd like to add that all player feedback from Forum is gathered and passed to our game developers. They are always aware of how many players like or dislike certain features, what they'd like to change about them, etc. 

You also have me and Moderators here to discuss any game feature, get some extra information about different game aspects, or just share your concerns or feedback. It's always welcomed and appreciated.

I guess you're currently concerned about the upcoming Tournament and the fact that it's being launched even though players don't like it. I guess it should come as no surprise that the people creating this game have their own vision of the game and they are creating new features that are aimed to improve player gaming experience. Sometimes they cancel feature implementation after receiving player feedback (like it was with the new UI when the Hero just came out, or with the Units on the Map after the live stream). But in some cases they implement the feature and monitor player feedback and analytics data. 

If the feature is showing good results (even though the feedback is negative), and if players actively interact with it, it most likely will stay in the game.

As I said in another thread, it's really important for us to receive your feedback after the Massacre. It will be gathered and passed to our game developers for their further consideration.

well, Plarium can see his statistics BUT 

[10:45] Friend: NEW SPECIAL: 100 FREE SPIES WITH EVERY ORDER OF $5 OR MORE.
We have launched new services to give you that edge over the competition! We now offer resources, scrolls, 50 friends for your House of Unity, Defense or Attack for Beacons and MUCH more! Always 5-10 times cheaper than purchasing it in-game, and as always, you pay AFTER you receive what you order.
NEW REFERRAL PROGRAM!
Check us out today at
xxx.Pxxxxxx.xxx (my censure)

according to this message: plarium has totally wrong statistics or plarium is involved has correct statistics!!!

and again:

IS very clear and unequivocal that in this game the randomness does not exist (exist only for real players vs real players 5-10%), call it  hack (as like plarium) you can easily try and check with settlements and hamlet (imagine and do not tell the rest)

Plarium do nothing or is not able to do? , we play a "game"  totally in the hands third parties hacker ?

ALL the new additions are contradictory to much-heralded line of delicate balance, if i have +70% vs enemy +70% change nothing but only if i pay can have +150%

Train troops by Plarium: is much faster now 

VS

REAL Train troops (all players can see): yes is real "very little faster" but only for a long distance/time!!!! and only IF you click 24/7 dragon bonus with max bonus (real max +%5 of troops), all +xx% fast speed is half -xx% time (Inversely Proportional)

Plarium has converted our obelisk bonus from -xx% reduction time to +xx% fast speed (this is real) and not only IF you click and IF IF IF IF IF, FOR EVER 24/7, all smoke  in the eyes with big numbers, the reality is inversely proportional to what they say (liars, making fun of us so?) 

Ratio of active players drops drastically with new server/plattform (your team is to little for play actively all)

Ratio of active players multilanguage/billionaire is unreal

Ratio of active players vs ALTS is too big, yes need only report to support (waste time)

*Now we make a simple statistic of considerations above*

95% Plarium is involved (we "play" in a scam/fraud/cheating game) in any case Plarium is not credible

5% we keep a little doubt; all real, is so (like hard core strategic game only by Plarium)

from me (very small EX buyer) i will not give you even 1 cent with these conditions (take this feedback, my word just a waste time), you live in big spot (fake) and without any attention to your customers, if invest/spend in your game all is lost.

Now survive in the game trying not to throw my investments  money / time

Dec 5, 2016, 16:4212/05/16
Dec 5, 2016, 16:43(edited)
12/18/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

djmoody said:

If Plarium doesn't react to united player base on this issue people will lose hope that Plarium will ever listen on any topic (if all the players tell them something and nothing changes, why would they listen to my solo feedback). 

Each voice matters, djmoody. Each player on Forum represents hundreds (if not thousands) of players that share the same game experience and have the same feeling about a certain game feature. When I collect feedback for devs, I don't skip your solo comments, as I don't skip anyone else's comments. Sometimes one single player can point out something that was missed by others.

But as I already said before, after each new feature release, devs check two important sources of information:

1) Player feedback from forum passed by CMs.

2) Activity logs.

Sometimes player feelings may differ from the actual situation that is represented by logs. In each case the decision about further feature development is made individually, based on all available data.
If a league has 150 members and you multiply that by say 10 to 15 leagues whose beacons were hit by say 4 to 5 leagues with several league strikes (x3 players) to take beacons down then yes the activity level went up - the beacons with defense from 150 players who do not wish to participate in the event but have been forced to because they are in a beacon holding league and are team players are recorded as "participating" when they really weren't they were merely defending their league's beacons which they already do 100% of the time
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 6, 2016, 11:4112/06/16
09/17/15
Jezebel, I can assure you that our devs check the in-game activity thoroughly. They take into account not just the plain numbers, but also the circumstances.
Dec 6, 2016, 23:1812/06/16
08/03/14

Drogar61 said:

How can anyone from Plarium to answer on any problem in the game when they can't see problem.

I believe that Alyona isn't liar, so Plarium employees don't play game on regular servers. As she said, they play on their closed servers.

How many employees play this game? If there is more than 50 than I want to be Plarium employee. So, they have about one medium/small league on server - not much fun, right?

How many alts they have on that server? 0 (zero) because that is against the rules they are stated.

How many real money they're using to buy sapps? 0 (zero). They aren't stupid to spend real money for something that they have for free.

So, how much knowledge about real game they have?

ZERO. Or someone is big liar.

Do you really think that anyone can help us, even if they want (I really have serious doubt in that)?

Final score: ZERO!!!

Dec 7, 2016, 04:4812/07/16
Dec 7, 2016, 04:53(edited)
02/05/14

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

What that actually means is sometimes you do what the customer wants, for no other reason that to make the customer feel valued and happy. And happy customers, shown a bit of love, do a big thing for you in return, they stay loyal and keep spending money with you.

If you choose to go down a "we know best" attitude on this topic and ignore all the customer feedback it will be the culmination of 2yrs of ignoring us.

At this point I don't think it's really about the massace torni at all. It's got bigger than that. This has now become a test of whether the united voice of the player base can achieve anything. If the answer is no, then we finally lose all hope.

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

In other words..........  "We don't care what you think.  We're going to do it our way and to he!! with you."

We're not asking for EVERY suggestion to be implemented.  But... when you have a multitude of people zeroing in on one specific point, don't you think (and apparently the answer is... You don't think!) there just might be a problem with "your vision"?
Dec 7, 2016, 08:5512/07/16
07/25/15
FlyinTiger said:

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

What that actually means is sometimes you do what the customer wants, for no other reason that to make the customer feel valued and happy. And happy customers, shown a bit of love, do a big thing for you in return, they stay loyal and keep spending money with you.

If you choose to go down a "we know best" attitude on this topic and ignore all the customer feedback it will be the culmination of 2yrs of ignoring us.

At this point I don't think it's really about the massace torni at all. It's got bigger than that. This has now become a test of whether the united voice of the player base can achieve anything. If the answer is no, then we finally lose all hope.

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

In other words..........  "We don't care what you think.  We're going to do it our way and to he!! with you."

We're not asking for EVERY suggestion to be implemented.  But... when you have a multitude of people zeroing in on one specific point, don't you think (and apparently the answer is... You don't think!) there just might be a problem with "your vision"?
Their vision is to churn out as many ways as possible to generate a revenune. Take the latest raffle thing as example. Ususally when the comunity ask for things we get countered by the vision of the creatorsr and "ballance".... because, there is such a great ballance to things in this game already right? 
Dec 12, 2016, 12:2612/12/16
08/03/14
bump for the new community manager. 
Dec 13, 2016, 11:1612/13/16
03/01/16

FlyinTiger said:

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

FlyinTiger, it's all about timing and balance. As Alyona said, when it comes to gathering player feedback or suggestions CMs do their part of job (interacting with players and passing the info through the right channels). Sometimes player feelings may differ from the actual situation that is represented by logs. In each case the decision about further feature development is made individually, based on all available data.

Sometimes we change features, sometimes things stay the same. In any case, we don't ignore anyone, all decisions are made considering the data we have.

Dec 27, 2016, 23:1812/27/16

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

Are you for real? 

Balance? You do know what this means right?.  I can't stop laughing but I have to finish. Atm you have 10x1 ton weights and 9 of them are on 1 side of the scales and that side happens to be where the coiners are lol

Dec 28, 2016, 00:1612/28/16
08/05/14
ajohn.abs said:

Are you for real? 

Balance? You do know what this means right?.  I can't stop laughing but I have to finish. Atm you have 10x1 ton weights and 9 of them are on 1 side of the scales and that side happens to be where the coiners are lol

I'm sure Plarium thinks it just a little "out of sync"...
Dec 28, 2016, 14:3812/28/16
03/13/15

Let us pick one topic after another. Read the post as is from a player who has been playing for nearly last 2 years not as a moderator writing to defend anything.

We keep talking about balance in the game was disturbed by coiners and by updates such as fortress and Beacon Masscare, but we as players are failing to see the difference between balance and stagnation. Before the Fortress was introduced, when was the last Big war that had happened. I will let this to be answered by our most respected players who had participated in that war.

The server post the Big war and before the Fortress was introduced was no balanced it was stagnant. People had gone into Farmville mode, the game was no longer valid to be said as Age of War, it could rightly be named as Age of Farming. The leagues were not growing and there was not much activity, Plarium tried to increase the activity with the introduction of multiple PvP during the week but it still did not mass up to the activity that could have been expected as compared to the duration of the Big War.

Players and league had been completely satisfied with the activity since no major beacon attacks were there. Big league used their offense on smaller leagues to wipe them out. The smaller league did not have a chance to grow because the bigger league were constantly hammering them. Beacons were distributed among close knit leagues. Other leagues that wanted to grow were threatened either to move to a different area or to the inner side of the map.

You might call this balance i call it imbalance and stagnation.

Then comes the Fortress update.

Leagues understood the strategy of Fortress, used it to their own advantage and before people could react they implemented the strategy but staking the Fortress to the rim and now having full liberty to use their offense with the most powerful troops in the server. Hence the war started. The activity was immense, all of us have seen this with our own eyes if not then i would say you are better sleeping. The stagnation was broken and the new strategy was needed t be devices for the new threat (After all it is a strategy war game). People complained that this is all about money but i still say if you use your money right it is strategy (Financial Banking will give you more understanding). This was the basic reaction of people when they need to come out of their comfort zone.

After the War subsided the stagnation started again. This was again broken by the Beacon Massacre (I myself do not like the update but i will explain it).

Small leagues have now got brave enough to take down beacons(another strategy in play) since there will be minimum losses on their investment. This made the activity surge again. Some league that were not able to get the revenge from the beacon leagues now had an open chance. This also helped out in flushing beacons with inactive defense adding to the balance.

I did still say the frequency is more for the beacon massacre.

New player have got better offers and daily pack but this was also seen by the bigger more established players as bringing instability to the game but if you see the new players can get more resources or sapphires that the higher level veteran player and hence having a chance to grow faster.

I see this as bringing balance.

I did not mention that after each war the number of inactives increased and so did the number of alt account or people leaving their accounts to someone else that are clearly visible but lets not discuss this further or i would open a few graves which will not be pleasant for all. Also how did the player actually find out about the daily pack.

I am sure many of you will disagree to the fact stated above on the forum but you know that i have opened up a topic that people were not ready to open.

Again read it as if a player who has been in this game for nearly 2 years have written it not as if a moderator is writing it.

Dec 28, 2016, 15:3112/28/16
Dec 28, 2016, 15:35(edited)

Warrior said:

Let us pick one topic after another. Read the post as is from a player who has been playing for nearly last 2 years not as a moderator writing to defend anything.

We keep talking about balance in the game was disturbed by coiners and by updates such as fortress and Beacon Masscare, but we as players are failing to see the difference between balance and stagnation. Before the Fortress was introduced, when was the last Big war that had happened. I will let this to be answered by our most respected players who had participated in that war.

The server post the Big war and before the Fortress was introduced was no balanced it was stagnant. People had gone into Farmville mode, the game was no longer valid to be said as Age of War, it could rightly be named as Age of Farming. The leagues were not growing and there was not much activity, Plarium tried to increase the activity with the introduction of multiple PvP during the week but it still did not mass up to the activity that could have been expected as compared to the duration of the Big War.

Players and league had been completely satisfied with the activity since no major beacon attacks were there. Big league used their offense on smaller leagues to wipe them out. The smaller league did not have a chance to grow because the bigger league were constantly hammering them. Beacons were distributed among close knit leagues. Other leagues that wanted to grow were threatened either to move to a different area or to the inner side of the map.

Leagues understood the strategy of Fortress, used it to their own advantage and before people could react they implemented the strategy but staking the Fortress to the rim and now having full liberty to use their offense with the most powerful troops in the server. Hence the war started. The activity was immense, all of us have seen this with our own eyes if not then i would say you are better sleeping. The stagnation was broken and the new strategy was needed t be devices for the new threat (After all it is a strategy war game). People complained that this is all about money but i still say if you use your money right it is strategy (Financial Banking will give you more understanding). This was the basic reaction of people when they need to come out of their comfort zone.

After the War subsided the stagnation started again. This was again broken by the Beacon Massacre (I myself do not like the update but i will explain it).

Small leagues have now got brave enough to take down beacons(another strategy in play) since there will be minimum losses on their investment. This made the activity surge again. Some league that were not able to get the revenge from the beacon leagues now had an open chance. This also helped out in flushing beacons with inactive defense adding to the balance.

New player have got better offers and daily pack but this was also seen by the bigger more established players as bringing instability to the game but if you see the new players can get more resources or sapphires that the higher level veteran player and hence having a chance to grow faster.

I did not mention that after each war the number of inactives increased and so did the number of alt account or people leaving their accounts to someone else that are clearly visible but lets not discuss this further or i would open a few graves which will not be pleasant for all. Also how did the player actually find out about the daily pack.

I am sure many of you will disagree to the fact stated above on the forum but you know that i have opened up a topic that people were not ready to open.

Again read it as if a player who has been in this game for nearly 2 years have written it not as if a moderator is writing it.

solution? Simply this game is FARMVILLE with add few troops, buy or wait 5 years 

no kidding  on, 1-2 main castle 10-20 support castles

turn around the problems but not tackled them, the problems remain.... will so plarium

Dec 28, 2016, 15:5912/28/16
Dec 28, 2016, 16:01(edited)
03/13/15

jumy said:

Warrior said:

solution? Simply this game is FARMVILLE with add few troops, buy or wait 5 years 

turn around the problems but not tackled them, the problems remain.... will so plarium

First of all the thing that needs to be understood by us, the players that is, that change in the code is not like waving a magic wand and it is done. It will take time and we will get it fixed or resolved but just escalating an already acknowledged issue makes no sense. 

As is would say.. it is programming not magic.

Some solutions are complex to build some need a complex logic, we all are running against time.

Jumy the funny thing to note is that you have concentrated on the Alt part not the parts that have been introduced to improve the game.
Dec 28, 2016, 16:3412/28/16
Warrior said:

jumy said:

Warrior said:

First of all the thing that needs to be understood by us, the players that is, that change in the code is not like waving a magic wand and it is done. It will take time and we will get it fixed or resolved but just escalating an already acknowledged issue makes no sense. 

Some solutions are complex to build some need a complex logic, we all are running against time.

Jumy the funny thing to note is that you have concentrated on the Alt part not the parts that have been introduced to improve the game.
Warrior the funny thing to note is that you have concentrated on the Money part and not the parts that have been introduced to improve the game.  
Dec 28, 2016, 16:3812/28/16
Dec 28, 2016, 16:41(edited)
03/13/15
ajohn.abs said:

Warrior said:

jumy said:

Warrior said:

Warrior the funny thing to note is that you have concentrated on the Money part and not the parts that have been introduced to improve the game.  
maybe you missed the part on "Difference between Balance and Stagnation" that is all i concentrated on but perspective might differ from person to person, so i dont blame you for it since you have not seen the story from the beginning
Dec 28, 2016, 16:5712/28/16
Dec 28, 2016, 17:05(edited)

Warrior said:

ajohn.abs said:

Warrior said:

jumy said:

Warrior said:

maybe you missed the part on "Difference between Balance and Stagnation" that is all i concentrated on but perspective might differ from person to person, so i dont blame you for it since you have not seen the story from the beginning

but take us for a ride? Plarium stat are nothing, read EUGENIA comment hard to find

your stat are with autobot=FAKE stat or autobot is already considered as part of the game with x1000 alts?

NEW ADD ARE ONLY FOR HIDE YOUR VIP PLAYERS AND FAKE BUYER

NEW ADD ARE ONLY FOR TRAP REAL PLAYERS TO SPEND

and YES only absurd report covers with bonuses that were not there before

Dec 28, 2016, 17:1712/28/16
03/13/15

jumy said:

Warrior said:

ajohn.abs said:

Warrior said:

jumy said:

Warrior said:

but take us for a ride? Plarium stat are nothing, read EUGENIA comment hard to find

your stat are with autobot=FAKE stat or autobot is already considered as part of the game with x1000 alts?

NEW ADD ARE ONLY FOR HIDE YOUR VIP PLAYERS AND FAKE BUYER

NEW ADD ARE ONLY FOR TRAP REAL PLAYERS TO SPEND

and YES only absurd report covers with bonuses that were not there before

Yes i edited to Remove all the huge letter that you put to see attention and wow you have got it. I think you did notice the others did not comment since they understand that scenario that i described and agreed. 

Stagnation and Non Corperation are 2 factors that kill a game and you and me definitely dont want to kill this game cause we both enjoy it. As for the only thing that you keep harping about Alts and bots, as i said you are just telling the same issue again and again. If the fix is in progress it will get developed. 

We have acknowledged this. And Again as i said Game Development is not Magic, it is not like snapping the fingers and the rabbit appears. It takes time and we acknowledge the fact that we have taken more time but we also want to fix it permanently. The Devs dont want to just say "Okay Fixed" to see it crop up again.

We can keep discussing but this will go in loops. I will say i agree that there is a problem and things are being worked upon and you will keep saying there is a problem.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.