Customer Service Tips

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 28, 2016, 13:1411/28/16
09/17/15

Ryu said:

Please elaborate on what numbers/participation encourages you to run beacon massacre yet again?

Hi, Ryu!

According to the information I have, during the previous Massacre Tournament players' activity on Beacons was much higher than during any other Beacon-related Tournament.
Nov 28, 2016, 13:5411/28/16
08/03/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Ryu said:

Please elaborate on what numbers/participation encourages you to run beacon massacre yet again?

Hi, Ryu!

According to the information I have, during the previous Massacre Tournament players' activity on Beacons was much higher than during any other Beacon-related Tournament.
on Untamed Lands we boycotted this event and only 1 beacon changed hands.  What information do you have?
Nov 28, 2016, 14:2611/28/16
07/25/15
djmoody said:

You go to all the trouble to point out in business speak why Plarium working against the benefit of the server and even their own long term interests and all they do is accelerate the program and run the tournament again.

They have nothing but utter contempt for their own customers.

They probably look at the meta data and see when and were players spend the most on sapphires. and well.... hey lets have becon masacre again!
Nov 28, 2016, 14:4911/28/16
08/03/14

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

You go to all the trouble to point out in business speak why Plarium working against the benefit of the server and even their own long term interests and all they do is accelerate the program and run the tournament again.

They probably look at the meta data and see when and were players spend the most on sapphires. and well.... hey lets have becon masacre again!

it was everyone buying the 50% boosts to suppliment their defense inthe beacons out of fear. 

Nov 28, 2016, 16:5211/28/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Ryu said:

Hi, Ryu!

Ok, for the pure number of fights without risk (and meaning) conducted by a few that metric might actually look strong. Not having seen your numbers I am actually willing to believe that normal beacon tournaments mostly draw those leagues that had plans for other peoples beacons anyway. No need to rehash the conceptual weaknesses here, we will have enough other threads for that. Thanks for your answer.
Nov 28, 2016, 17:0011/28/16
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

it was everyone buying the 50% boosts to suppliment their defense inthe beacons out of fear. 

nice tactic, scare players to spend money.... cute. really cute.
Nov 28, 2016, 19:2811/28/16
works in RL same way... USA tell in TV the crime in a city raise nothing is save all buying guns to protect their goods, even if the crime is fallen in the last years. Fear is a great motivation to do things you normally wouldnt do..
Nov 28, 2016, 21:1811/28/16
Nov 28, 2016, 21:18(edited)
08/20/15

Alonya said:

But as I already said before, after each new feature release, devs check two important sources of information:

1) Player feedback from forum passed by CMs.

2) Activity logs.

Sometimes player feelings may differ from the actual situation that is represented by logs. In each case the decision about further feature development is made individually, based on all available data.

I have another number for you to look at Alonya... how many people have gone inactive or totally quit the game since the last Beacon Massacre? How do those numbers compare to the metrics from before the Massacre?  Short term burst of activity, mostly by leagues trying to protect themselves from the uber-coiners and then massive die-off of players. Great results, if running off the player base is what you are trying to accomplish.

Nov 28, 2016, 21:2111/28/16
08/03/14
i lost 4 active players who decided to go elsewhere than tolerate plariums tactics. 
Nov 28, 2016, 22:1111/28/16
03/20/14
IronApex Turok said:

i lost 4 active players who decided to go elsewhere than tolerate plariums tactics. 
Your not alone in that area as well
Nov 29, 2016, 00:0511/29/16

We did not have that problem so far, at least not outspoken, but there are things that could be done to increase the retention rate of new players (main accounts), even if it would likely increase the benefits for having alts, too. One big thing is getting people into the long-term game as quickly as possible. 

Another is putting unit build-up on a level that allows an active game-play where one mistake does not put you back to the beginning of your army building phase. Starvation or a similar limitation is what most games have for good reason.

Assuming that monetisation is the goal, and not attacking a business for behaving that way, I am convinced that you could do WAY better than you likely are. More greed is better, right?

Nov 29, 2016, 05:4511/29/16
02/25/15

If only activity equaled satisfaction.

I am active in the BG out of pure stubbornness trying, hoping plarium hasn't stolen my troops for good, I keep hoping just maybe I will get back what I put in but I keep getting proven wrong so my activity creates more dissatisfaction until I quit.

So I ask again, does activity equal satisfaction?
Nov 29, 2016, 06:0111/29/16
02/25/15

Plarium is like a long lasting bad relationship

You aren't happy but you put so much time and effort into it you aren't ready to quit even though you aren't happy and plarium won't go to relationship counseling with us LOL

They just ban people and remove their posts when they aren't happy so no need for counselling.
Nov 29, 2016, 07:0111/29/16
04/10/16

Hello and from me.I have one request if its possible of course!Can you restore my day Rewards?The reason to miss out One day is because i have been on trip and one my friend keep alyve my acount.If you chek my game history uou can view i never miss to login everyday!

Regards!
Nov 29, 2016, 08:3811/29/16
None said:

So I ask again, does activity equal satisfaction?

To a sufficient degree for a daily log-in game, yes. You play it, you must like it.
Nov 29, 2016, 08:4111/29/16
Nov 29, 2016, 08:43(edited)

lp1979 said:

Hello and from me.I have one request if its possible of course!Can you restore my day Rewards?The reason to miss out One day is because i have been on trip and one my friend keep alyve my acount.If you chek my game history uou can view i never miss to login everyday!

Regards!

i can direct you to support but the chances that they restore it are near none (because the reason is simply not enough )

a trip does not qualify as if a server issue is 

but try your luck who knows sometimes they do make exceptions ( especially if you had a good count of days )

support team

also for future reference stay relevant to the content of the thread 

you can at any time create a separte thread for other matters in game discussion 
Dec 2, 2016, 20:4012/02/16
08/03/14

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/community-managers-who-are-they/

according to plarium senior community manager Dennis Kobzan, only  200,000 active players in all of the plarium gaming community. 

So now we have the number we have all been asking for. 

assuming each game has an equal amount of players, thats 20,000 per game. 

just doing an even split, that means a max of  10k active active players per server on stormfall. 

willing to bet the number is more 80/20 split and only 2k active on untamed lands. 

Dec 2, 2016, 21:1112/02/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/community-managers-who-are-they/

according to plarium senior community manager Dennis Kobzan, only  200,000 active players in all of the plarium gaming community. 

So now we have the number we have all been asking for. 

assuming each game has an equal amount of players, thats 20,000 per game. 

just doing an even split, that means a max of  10k active active players per server on stormfall. 

willing to bet the number is more 80/20 split and only 2k active on untamed lands. 

Well, does this also include the FB variant of their games as well?, You would think like Stormfall on FB would have more players as its tied more to FB as a social media. Also some of the games more likely to have higher activity than the others, so do a splitt down not that reliable. If their metrics is based on actual activity within a castle, then there would be a lot of bots defined as actives too.

Dec 2, 2016, 22:1012/02/16
08/03/14
Gadheras said:

Well, does this also include the FB variant of their games as well?, You would think like Stormfall on FB would have more players as its tied more to FB as a social media. Also some of the games more likely to have higher activity than the others, so do a splitt down not that reliable. If their metrics is based on actual activity within a castle, then there would be a lot of bots defined as actives too.

my point was that the number of live players was very low. i was actually estimating high on purpose, but yeah when you start adding in factors like that, the numbers get even smaller. 
Dec 2, 2016, 22:4712/02/16
Marketing metrics like that often need an explanation. In this case I would assume that they are talking unique player IDs, regardless of number of games played, so the number per game will be somewhat higher. On the other hand you have to correct for alts.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.