Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 26, 2017, 07:1812/26/17
Dec 26, 2017, 07:18(edited)
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Stewart said:

Oracle said:

It's redundant at this time to defend a fort especially on server 1. There are idiots out there with enough units to downgrade every fortress available. 

Every single thing you say there is 100% wrong in every way.

In a sense it might be wrong to say every fort can be downgraded, cause of fort limit, but theoretically every fort can be downgraded. EMP fort had arround a billion defense before I left that League, and it was downloaded. 

No fort is safe. Even the super defended KT fort. 

How much defense does KT have in the fort

LOL if you're going to fish for information on other leagues defenses you could at least be less obvious about it :P

And yes, any fortress can theoretically be downgraded if enough people are willing to spend enough money on it.  But most of the time if it takes more than 1 force limit hit to downgrade a fortress the attacker will just move on and look for an easier target.  
Dec 26, 2017, 09:2712/26/17
08/31/15

Oracle said:

Stewart said:

Oracle said:

It's redundant at this time to defend a fort especially on server 1. There are idiots out there with enough units to downgrade every fortress available. 

Every single thing you say there is 100% wrong in every way.

In a sense it might be wrong to say every fort can be downgraded, cause of fort limit, but theoretically every fort can be downgraded. EMP fort had arround a billion defense before I left that League, and it was downloaded. 

If I recall from the blow up on the forum, Emps fort was downgraded due to foul play; hijacking the Marshal's account so that they could get rid of force limiter with a war and kick out many of the strongest defenders so that the fort was greatly weakened.  

Its true enough that no fort is 100% safe though.  If someone is willing to take the losses, then forts will fall.  And with the current state of the game, how long will it be before we see bored whales smashing everything they can before quitting?
Dec 26, 2017, 10:0112/26/17
08/31/15

BlackQueen said:

Hi everyone,

I am the leader of a little league.

Our fortress is currently level 5, but we can't protect it.

I would like Plarium to create new units for the army of shadows so my league can protect the fortress and/or a beacon.

What do you guys think about it ?

Thanks.

Please keep in mind that Plarium is in this for profit.  That said, they are unlikely to give us a free way to massively boost defense.  However, there are some possibilities:

1) We have weor for castles, why not for forts and beacons?

2) As other new features are added, Plarium tends to make the older ones more accessible (free from tournaments, etc), so perhaps fortress upgrades will also become easier or they'll give us more "safe" levels.

Dec 26, 2017, 11:1212/26/17
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

First of all, Lady BlackQueen, welcome to the Forum!

In 2018 devs will be focused a lot on developing of Leagues functionality and correspondingly on developing of League Fortresses.

Plus, devs plan to add an absolutely new feature that will help to protect not only Fortresses but Castles and Beacons as well. 

As for the Units, debs don't plan to add some new kind of them that will be created to protect specifically Fortresses. You can use any Defensive Unit for these purposes. Plus, as it was stated in the comments above, there is an attack limit for Fortresses and Levels that can be downgraded that makes it easier to protect them.

Taking into account that Fortress is a feature for League, it's logical that it should be protected by cooperation of all Leagues members.

As for the suggestions, not all of them can be added to the game and it's clearly stated in this topic: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/31546_which-suggestions-we--do-not--accept/

Dec 26, 2017, 17:5612/26/17
Dec 26, 2017, 18:13(edited)

Alina Phoenix said:

As for the suggestions, not all of them can be added to the game and it's clearly stated in this topic: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/31546_which-suggestions-we--do-not--accept/

Hello Alina Phoenix,

Thanks for this answer. According to the link you share, only minor changes are accepted by Plarium, which is unfortunate. Given your role as CM, what do you think of the imbalance between offensive and defensive units ?

Could you explain us why such an imbalance is wanted by Plarium, please ?

In this topic, Oberon seems to encourage the leagues to specialize either in attack or in defense. But, among the defensive units, there is only one unit that belongs to the army of shadows, which makes the realization of BGs particularly difficult. Can you confirm what Oberon says ? Can you confirm that it is a good idea for a league to specialize either in attack or in defense, despite the differences between offensive and defensive units ?

Alina Phoenix said:

Taking into account that Fortress is a feature for League, it's logical that it should be protected by cooperation of all Leagues members.

I agree with you, but I think that league attacks should also be conducted by cooperation of an entire league, which is not the case at the moment.

Dec 27, 2017, 11:3712/27/17
02/29/16

BlackQueen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello Alina Phoenix,

Thanks for this answer. According to the link you share, only minor changes are accepted by Plarium, which is unfortunate. Given your role as CM, what do you think of the imbalance between offensive and defensive units ?

Could you explain us why such an imbalance is wanted by Plarium, please ?

In this topic, Oberon seems to encourage the leagues to specialize either in attack or in defense. But, among the defensive units, there is only one unit that belongs to the army of shadows, which makes the realization of BGs particularly difficult. Can you confirm what Oberon says ? Can you confirm that it is a good idea for a league to specialize either in attack or in defense, despite the differences between offensive and defensive units ?

Alina Phoenix said:

I agree with you, but I think that league attacks should also be conducted by cooperation of an entire league, which is not the case at the moment.

Hello, my Lady.

> According to the link you share, only minor changes are accepted by Plarium, which is unfortunate.

The thing is that devs already have a lot of ideas regarding big features that can be added to the game (and some of them will appear in 2018 already). That's why they don't accept some big features that are suggested here and don't coincidence with their plans as every big feature requires a lot of time and work from several teams. And taking into account tasks prioritization it's not always possible.

The question of balance between defensive and offensive Units was discussed with devs for several times.

But both these types of Units have their pros and cons. Defensive Units are faster and cheaper to build, while Offensive Units have a little bit higher stats. It means that you can build more defense for the same period of time and use them to fight against an attacker.

> Can you confirm what Oberon says ? Can you confirm that it is a good idea for a league to specialize either in attack or in defense, despite the differences between offensive and defensive units ?

Lord Oberon was just running a contest, I don't think he was encouraging Leagues to be either defensive or offensive.

It's up to a League to decide which variant to choose: concentrate on offense, defense or keep the balance between both of them.

> I agree with you, but I think that league attacks should also be conducted by cooperation of an entire league, which is not the case at the moment.

The suggestion on extending the number of players who can take part in the League attacks was already accepted by devs. So, we will have this change in the game in the future :)

Dec 28, 2017, 16:2912/28/17
03/20/14

Oracle said:

There is only 100 griffins in there, Honest. hit it and see for yourself.
Dec 31, 2017, 06:4412/31/17
Dec 31, 2017, 06:50(edited)
12/18/14

BlackQueen said:

Hi everyone,

I am the leader of a little league.

Our fortress is currently level 5, but we can't protect it.

I would like Plarium to create new units for the army of shadows so my league can protect the fortress and/or a beacon.

What do you guys think about it ?

Thanks.

What exactly are you referring to when you state "army of shadows"?  This is not a term used by Plarium it is a made up term used by a player who posted a thread.

Resource heavy troops for bg are what is needed depending on the levels you are playing at some point you will not use reavers or pathfinders you will use dragons, chimera, griffins, warlocks and demons

Reavers, pathfinders and i suppose barbarians and nomads are okay for lower level bg - just look at the stats on the barbs and nomads to figure out which ones work best for the bg you are doing if you are still in the lower level bg's

Dec 31, 2017, 11:2412/31/17
07/25/15

djmoody said:

BlackQueen said:

Limad said:

CMs and Mods aren't blind, but the Development & Marketing teams don't care about anything other than cash

In my opinion, this is the precise definition of blindness. I'm sure they care about the players too.

No they don't at all. It's simply been a cash machine for the senior management. They raped the games for short term profit at the expense the long term. They did this because they knew they were seeking an exist strategy (to sell the company) and they were going to sell it off a multiple of earnings. So manipulating the short term profit even if it was killing the games made them buckets of money and over valued the company.

This capitalism in action, everyone else, the staff, the customers, parents (given feature that encourage underage gambling), the new owners, all lose out and were never considered for a minute as stakeholders. The company and the games have only been run to enrich a handful of senior management/owners.

Even though the company has changed hands nothing seems to have changed.

You can stay here for 3 years and learn what the rest of us have, that Plarium care for nothing but greed, release no new content other than new ways to spend money, have rubbish support and won't ever listen to the players (most of the time they just troll us).

Could be this new EXILE game of theirs does reflect the new ownership that mostly was interested due to the mobile platform. I tried several times to ask for any sign on them actually working on Stormfall for a life after flash. The last silly answer of "there wasnt enough interest to warrant such"..... dunno if I should laugh or cry. Over 20 years with online gaming teached me, never trust anything at face value. Heck there is those that even had lot to show for that failed too, so that not a given. At this time it would perhaps re-instate some fate into Plarium. The players, the customers, the stakeholders, the ones investing into the future. Would be nice to get a glimpse of an actual future too.

Don't want to post any links here on the forums. But a quick google give a list of ex-employee reviews of Plarium, going from the extreme misserable to the posetive opposite. Some of it is troublesome reading. It sure put a question about the future. 

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 1, 2018, 11:4001/01/18
10/04/13
Stewart said:

Oracle said:

There is only 100 griffins in there, Honest. hit it and see for yourself.
Yeah.  Just throw all your offense at it, don't bother doing a spy or test hit.  
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.