Semi-Active Leagues Dismissed

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 22, 2017, 19:1211/22/17
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Given most long players are dropping out of the game from bordem is it worth starting to share the product roadmap with us?

Even beta games from tiny developers have schedules of planned content releases and updates as to how these are coming.

Plarium communication - zero. In so many ways you need to start valuing your customers and treating us well (or at least at a level your average competitor does).
Can you imagine if plarium published a change log for each update, including whenever they've made changes to the bg mechanics?  That would be interesting, to say the least.  
Nov 22, 2017, 19:1511/22/17
Nov 22, 2017, 20:03(edited)
11/04/15

Alina Phoenix said:

I don't see that Sergey told that these features will be added to plarium.com servers soon. 

Yes, they more likely will be added in the future, but not in the near future.

Sergey made 2 posts on this subject. One was later edited and the other was deleted

However, something needs to be done to remove inactive League Marshals in Stormfall, but 14 days is absurd
No player should be automatically classified as inactive unless they have failed to login for a month or more

If the marshal cannot be replaced with an active league officer then the league should be dismissed
This should be your first priority, The full feature should never be added here without a lot of changes

Also, inactive defense returned from Fortresses needs to be sent directly to Catacombs, not Keeps

Nov 22, 2017, 22:5311/22/17
Nov 23, 2017, 13:18(edited)
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

We have a good tradition of sharing our plans for the new features and changes in the game at the end of the year.

Taking into account that the New Year is coming, we're working on the video with the plans for 2018 :)

Also, we're thinking about adding beta-testing for players in our games as well. So, chances are high that it will happen in the future :)

Since July of 2015 when I started play this game, I have hardly seen any significant or noteworthy changes or upgrades to the game to enhance the player expereince. I seen a lot of "improvement and changes" that been a push for players to spend more sapphires, but not to really enhance the gaming experience or give us more things to do. In case you missed it, players need to feel a sense of achievement and completion, or at least progress towards something. This game fail on every aspect of that, because the biggest hurdle for players is how much money they can afford to spend. And yet if they do, their mighty coined army might be gone in the blink of an eye from a much bigger coined one. 

Coining is fine in a game as long as it just compensate for "time and effort", but when "time and effort" can't compete with spending, you get serious problems. Earlier it was talk about some item in a thread that was supposed to be protection vs fireballs, and I asked you would it come with a price tag? You said you didn't know, but come on, we both know it will. 

Plarium does keep serve us NOTHINGBURGER, And it doesn't taste any good anylonger... (I'm sorry the image was considered trolling and removed, but you know a picture speak a thousand words, I guess I have to settle with capital letters).

Like Roadstar Pittbull I seem to have missed this tradition too. Now for your videos. I took some time and watched some of your youtube videos. Maybe Im just paranoid by nature, but quite a few of the "positive" comment sin the comment fields, seems like blatant self promotion from Plarium itself. Like someone give themself a positive review for own product. 

If Plarium want something else than coal in their xmas stockings this year, they better turn around for the better.

Nov 23, 2017, 12:5511/23/17
11/04/15

My league needs help, not nerfing

High level active players are leaving this game every day because plarium do not listen

But plarium only listens to the coiners and VIP customers

Normal players have no cash value, so we do not exist

Nov 23, 2017, 12:5511/23/17
02/29/16

toggit said:

Alina Phoenix said:

I don't see that Sergey told that these features will be added to plarium.com servers soon. 

Yes, they more likely will be added in the future, but not in the near future.

Sergey made 2 posts on this subject. One was later edited and the other was deleted

However, something needs to be done to remove inactive League Marshals in Stormfall, but 14 days is absurd
No player should be automatically classified as inactive unless they have failed to login for a month or more

If the marshal cannot be replaced with an active league officer then the league should be dismissed
This should be your first priority, The full feature should never be added here without a lot of changes

Also, inactive defense returned from Fortresses needs to be sent directly to Catacombs, not Keeps

Hello.

Players have a month to login to the game until they are removed from the League.

If a player doesn't login to the game for more than 14 days, he becomes inactive. But it doesn't mean that this player should be removed from the League. Before the dismissal of the League, there are still 14 days for this inactive player to login. 

Plus, Marshal can change the rank of this player to Neophyte and he won't be added to the statistics at all.

As for the Marshals, they're responsible for the whole League. If a Marshal understands that he can't login to the game for more than a week, he can give his position to another player for this time and then become Marshal again when his activity is back to the normal one.

As for the Units, they will go to Catacombs, not to the Castle.
Nov 23, 2017, 13:1011/23/17
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

We have a good tradition of sharing our plans for the new features and changes in the game at the end of the year.

Taking into account that the New Year is coming, we're working on the video with the plans for 2018 :)

Also, we're thinking about adding beta-testing for players in our games as well. So, chances are high that it will happen in the future :)

Ok, lets do this line by line...

1. I have been here alot longer than you, I can't recall this "tradition". The few times we have been asked about things, plarium has done as they pleased and not listened to active players.

2. Oh, oh another video will make everything better,,, sure it will. Priorities????

3. Thinking of implementing something that should have been done many years ago(and suggested), but it is just a thought,,, so it may take a few more years...

Drivel such as this IS a large part of problem here...

Hello.

We're listening to the suggestions and recommendations of our players, we'll start this tradition this year and it will be created in the form of video. 

We have a video creation team who is working on it and it doesn't interfere with adding new features or fixing bugs. So, there are no issues with priorities.

As for beta-testing, hope it won't ;)

Nov 23, 2017, 13:2911/23/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Since July of 2015 when I started play this game, I have hardly seen any significant or noteworthy changes or upgrades to the game to enhance the player expereince. I seen a lot of "improvement and changes" that been a push for players to spend more sapphires, but not to really enhance the gaming experience or give us more things to do. In case you missed it, players need to feel a sense of achievement and completion, or at least progress towards something. This game fail on every aspect of that, because the biggest hurdle for players is how much money they can afford to spend. And yet if they do, their mighty coined army might be gone in the blink of an eye from a much bigger coined one. 

Coining is fine in a game as long as it just compensate for "time and effort", but when "time and effort" can't compete with spending, you get serious problems. Earlier it was talk about some item in a thread that was supposed to be protection vs fireballs, and I asked you would it come with a price tag? You said you didn't know, but come on, we both know it will. 

Plarium does keep serve us 

Trolling picture was removed by CM.

And it doesn't taste any good anylonger...

Like Roadstar Pittbull I seem to have missed this tradition too. Now for your videos. I took some time and watched some of your youtube videos. Maybe Im just paranoid by nature, but quite a few of the "positive" comment sin the comment fields, seems like blatant self promotion from Plarium itself. Like someone give themself a positive review for own product. 

If Plarium want something else than coal in their xmas stockings this year, they better turn around for the better.

Hello.

As it was already said for many times, the majority of the features in the game can be obtained without using of in-game purchases.

I'm not denying that players who are using in-game purchases can get the things faster, can get Units faster, can achieve something faster. But it doesn't mean that you can't get the same things.

It's more the question of attitude. If you're afraid that a stronger player will come and destroy your Army then keep it in Catacombs and play Farmville.

Note that not always stronger players mean players who used a lot of in-game purchases to get their army. Of course, it's easier to say that everything is for coiners then look on the feature or game from another point of view and think how this or that feature can be obtained via the game itself. But, once again it's the question of attitude.

As for the video,

> Maybe Im just paranoid by nature

You're right. It seems to be the reason as all comments under the videos are left by players. 

Nov 23, 2017, 13:3311/23/17
02/29/16
toggit said:

High level active players are leaving this game every day because plarium do not listen

We're listening to any player, otherwise, the Forum won't exist :)
Nov 23, 2017, 13:3611/23/17
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Hello.

As it was already said for many times, the majority of the features in the game can be obtained without using of in-game purchases.

I'm not denying that players who are using in-game purchases can get the things faster, can get Units faster, can achieve something faster. But it doesn't mean that you can't get the same things.

It's more the question of attitude. If you're afraid that a stronger player will come and destroy your Army then keep it in Catacombs and play Farmville.

Note that not always stronger players mean players who used a lot of in-game purchases to get their army. Of course, it's easier to say that everything is for coiners then look on the feature or game from another point of view and think how this or that feature can be obtained via the game itself. But, once again it's the question of attitude.

Tbh, I don't know if I should laugh of cry. You are right the players leaving your game, they didn't go to play farmville, but they sure did go play something else. The question you should ask yoursel fis why did they do that?
Nov 24, 2017, 11:4611/24/17
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Plarium does keep serve us 

Trolling picture was removed by CM.

And it doesn't taste any good anylonger...

Hello.

As for the video,

> Maybe Im just paranoid by nature

You're right. It seems to be the reason as all comments under the videos are left by players. 

Yet another condescending opinion from a plarium staffer...

FARMVILLE while talking to Gadheras??? And still in denial of the game play in a "real" and not the 'test' server.

As for comments on videos, I'm very sure (without checking) that it is the same ratio of newer players that we see in the forum post for such things. MANY just created profiles, saying how great the game is,,, I also wonder how manyof those are held by plarium staff, or "friends"...

> I also wonder how many of those are held by plarium staff, or "friends"...

None 

This thread turned off in the off-topic one. So, all the further comments that are not related to the League activity feature will be removed.

If you have anything to add regarding the feature itself, you're welcome.

Nov 24, 2017, 16:4111/24/17
Nov 24, 2017, 16:45(edited)
02/20/17

Alina Phoenix said:

toggit said:

As for the Units, they will go to Catacombs, not to the Castle.

I just tested your statement on different games and servers and no units were returned directly to the catacombs. Every unit was sent to my castle, to be wiped out by raiders

Only Beacon defense is returned to catacombs, not fortress defense

Please explain in more detail. What do you mean by 'will go'?

Is this some vague reference to what might happen in 2 years time?

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 25, 2017, 02:5311/25/17
10/04/13
toggit said:

If your league's members have been gone for over 300 days, maybe plarium is doing you a favor by getting rid of them.  I'm pretty sure that's exactly the sort of dead league this change is meant to get rid of.  
Nov 25, 2017, 10:2111/25/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

toggit said:

If your league's members have been gone for over 300 days, maybe plarium is doing you a favor by getting rid of them.  I'm pretty sure that's exactly the sort of dead league this change is meant to get rid of.  
That is more a "bad marshall" syndrome. Staff your league with long time inactives doesn't make the league any more scary or powerfull. At least not when talk about almost a year inactive. 
Dec 6, 2017, 22:1812/06/17
09/05/15

Alina Phoenix said:

There are such concepts as long-term plans and short-term plans. 

If we are to accept the above statement as true, then this:

If we talk about short-term plans, no devs don't plan to add this feature.

and this:

If we talk about long-term plans, yes, devs are considering this feature to be added to plarium.com as well. 

could well be considered spam, trolling or just plain old contradiction (just saying)

Dec 7, 2017, 11:2712/07/17
02/29/16

Almericus said:

Alina Phoenix said:

and this:

If we talk about long-term plans, yes, devs are considering this feature to be added to plarium.com as well. 

could well be considered spam, trolling or just plain old contradiction (just saying)

Hello!

So, what exactly is contradicting here? 

There are no short-term plans for adding this feature. It means that in the near future it won't be added.

But there are long-term plans for it. It means that in the future (not the near one) this feature is considered to be added to plarium.com as well.

Seems to be quite a logical statement :)
Dec 8, 2017, 17:2612/08/17
Dec 8, 2017, 18:14(edited)
02/20/17

Alina Phoenix said:

Almericus said:

Alina Phoenix said:

and this:

Hello!

There are no short-term plans for adding this feature. It means that in the near future it won't be added.

But there are long-term plans for it. It means that in the future (not the near one) this feature is considered to be added to plarium.com as well.

If you break this down into smaller steps then it will be welcomed by all

The problems are created because you tried to do everything in 14 days, which is impossible for many leagues

Totally inactive leagues could be removed immediately

Inactive league marshalls should be replaced immediately

All level zero fortresses should be removed immediately

All of these would be in the best interest of the game

Casual and semi active players, however, should NOT be branded as inactive and booted by knee-jerking marshals for fear of losing their Leagues
If a semi-active league has a new marshal appointed then they should be given plenty of time to reorganize
The last thing they need is a Damocles Sword hanging over them

Also, Official recognition should be given to League Mergers, creating a brand new league with the best Fortress and Achievements transferred, one marshall and possibly a vice-marshal and a new league name available
All active full members should be transferred to the new league, and retain their original rank/role if possible

An option to double the size of neophyte academy would help too

Dec 11, 2017, 12:1912/11/17
02/29/16

Stiletto said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Almericus said:

Alina Phoenix said:

and this:

Hello!

If you break this down into smaller steps then it will be welcomed by all

The problems are created because you tried to do everything in 14 days, which is impossible for many leagues

Totally inactive leagues could be removed immediately

Inactive league marshalls should be replaced immediately

All level zero fortresses should be removed immediately

All of these would be in the best interest of the game

Casual and semi active players, however, should NOT be branded as inactive and booted by knee-jerking marshals for fear of losing their Leagues
If a semi-active league has a new marshal appointed then they should be given plenty of time to reorganize
The last thing they need is a Damocles Sword hanging over them

Also, Official recognition should be given to League Mergers, creating a brand new league with the best Fortress and Achievements transferred, one marshall and possibly a vice-marshal and a new league name available
All active full members should be transferred to the new league, and retain their original rank/role if possible

An option to double the size of neophyte academy would help too

Hello.

On the opposite, I don't think that removing anything immediately is a good idea. These 4 weeks are given for Leagues to increase their activity and avoid dismissal.

> Casual and semi-active players, however, should NOT be branded as inactive and booted by knee-jerking marshals for fear of losing their Leagues

This part is more about League management. If a League Marshal knows that this player is usually n active one, but now he suddenly isn't loginnng to the game for more than 2 weeks, he can do not remove this player (if it doesn't make the League activity below 60%). If inactivity of this player puts the whole League in a risk to be dismissed, the League Marshal can wait for another 12-13 days, and if a player still doesn't login, move him to Neophyte. 

> If a semi-active league has a new marshal appointed then they should be given plenty of time to reorganize

The last thing they need is a Damocles Sword hanging over them.

If the new Marshal is appointed and the activity of the League is above 60%, they have all the time they need for reorganization.

> Also, Official recognition should be given to League Mergers, creating a brand new league with the best Fortress and Achievements transferred, one marshall and possibly a vice-marshal and a new league name available . All active full members should be transferred to the new league, and retain their original rank/role if possible.

I don't think it will be added to the game as it will allow creating a very powerful Leagues at once, plus technically it's difficult to add such feature to the game.

> An option to double the size of neophyte academy would help too

This suggestion was forwarded to devs already ;)
Mar 14, 2018, 05:2103/14/18
08/21/14

To those who keep wanting to remove level 0 fortresses....NO.   Just because the league is not powerful enough to get their fortress to level 5 yet doesn't mean they should lose their fortress.  If my memory serves, the fortress must exist to earn glory points and tomes.   Since not every tiny league has coiners, this means it may take months to a couple of years to get their fortress to level 5.

As far as league dismissal is concerned...IMO, no league should be dismissed unless it remains below 60% activity for more than 30 days with an active marshal.   If a Marshal is inactive for more than 14 days, then the title of Marshal should automatically go to the next highest ranking active member (active meaning in last 14 days) with an in game mail notifying them and the league of this change.  If there is more than 1 active member of the next highest rank, then it should go to the player with most consecutive log ins or most log ins in past 14 days.  At this point, the 30 day timer should restart with the new Marshal.   Should the new marshal become inactive for more than 14 days, then the system should repeat itself.  In the meantime, the new marshal now has a month to recruit more players and manage his/her league to greater than 60% activity.

Completely dead leagues should disappear in a month, (along with their fortress).  Semi-active leagues will have a chance to stay alive, even if marshal is long gone.

Units in fortresses need to be sent back to catacombs instead of castle keep.  A marshal can then boot someone without being a jerk if they are borderline with a normally active player with a 2 week RL emergency.

One thing of consideration:  Perhaps a player can be allowed to join a dead league and revive it (perhaps they like the name, its fortress level, its knowledge level, or its diplomacy).  Even though they will be a neophyte initially, in 14 days, they would be marshal.  Granted, one needs to be sure the league is dead to avoid wasting 2 weeks of their time.  This may be a bad idea for reasons I've not thought of, but tit seems harmless at the moment.

Mar 14, 2018, 09:2803/14/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

To those who keep wanting to remove level 0 fortresses....NO.   Just because the league is not powerful enough to get their fortress to level 5 yet doesn't mean they should lose their fortress.  If my memory serves, the fortress must exist to earn glory points and tomes.   Since not every tiny league has coiners, this means it may take months to a couple of years to get their fortress to level 5.

As far as league dismissal is concerned...IMO, no league should be dismissed unless it remains below 60% activity for more than 30 days with an active marshal.   If a Marshal is inactive for more than 14 days, then the title of Marshal should automatically go to the next highest ranking active member (active meaning in last 14 days) with an in game mail notifying them and the league of this change.  If there is more than 1 active member of the next highest rank, then it should go to the player with most consecutive log ins or most log ins in past 14 days.  At this point, the 30 day timer should restart with the new Marshal.   Should the new marshal become inactive for more than 14 days, then the system should repeat itself.  In the meantime, the new marshal now has a month to recruit more players and manage his/her league to greater than 60% activity.

Completely dead leagues should disappear in a month, (along with their fortress).  Semi-active leagues will have a chance to stay alive, even if marshal is long gone.

Units in fortresses need to be sent back to catacombs instead of castle keep.  A marshal can then boot someone without being a jerk if they are borderline with a normally active player with a 2 week RL emergency.

One thing of consideration:  Perhaps a player can be allowed to join a dead league and revive it (perhaps they like the name, its fortress level, its knowledge level, or its diplomacy).  Even though they will be a neophyte initially, in 14 days, they would be marshal.  Granted, one needs to be sure the league is dead to avoid wasting 2 weeks of their time.  This may be a bad idea for reasons I've not thought of, but tit seems harmless at the moment.

Hello.

If the League is active, their Fortress is not removed, no matter what Level it is.

As for the Marshal replacement mechanics, I described it in your another comment: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/93856_why-are-lower-ranks-allowed-to-kick-members-/?post=466434

Semi-active Leagues have a chance to avoid dismission as in-active League Marshal doesn't mean the League will be dismissed. It will be done only in case the League activity is below 60% for more than 14 days.

Marshal can send the Units of the League member from Beacon and Fortress and they will go to Catacombs, not to Castle. This option was added in the last update.

Any player can join a League even if it's scheduled for dismissal. 

Mar 14, 2018, 17:1603/14/18
12/18/14

toggit said:

The best advice I can give is to try to claim ownership of the league with Plarium's help or have your actives leave and join leagues that are active

We have room for more active players :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.