No reward from Battlegrounds!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 28, 2021, 12:1805/28/21
05/28/21

Hello,

I started doing BGs yesterday and started with 1k griffins, 2k pathfinders, 2k worlocs, 2k wiverns and 7k dragoons. I did all BGs yesterday and today till level 136. I received only small rewards and put them back in BG. I find myself in the position of loosing everything, i have no units left from what I started with. Therefore, I come now and ask: what kind of BUG is this?? How many times I filled the bank and why is it not giving a proper reward? Is it because of this event that started so we are suppose to lose many units? Is someone making fun of me and my time? Because i see no sence in playing this game further...

Respectfully waiting for a check upon my account and upon what is happening. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 28, 2021, 12:3905/28/21
06/29/19

Hey John,

I'm not going to go too indepth into BG mechanics, but suffice it to say there's a lot of skill and knowledge required to know how to play them properly and actually make units off them. It would make no sense for Plarium to give players a way to just 'make units' out of thin air. 

That said - the knowledge I have of old BGs, when they were still being found out, tells me that with all those units combined, you maxed about 1.7 'banks' for a level 100 bg, so those units doesn't cover 2 full banks at level 100 (this could be inaccurate, you'd need someone who plays bgs to confirm). However; judging by the fact you were throwing bestiary and occult units at BGs like that, makes me thing any number of things happened. First; you probably weren't aware that if your resources aren't maxed, battlegrounds will reward resources instead of units. Second, the battlegrounds take a tax regardless of what you win, so you will never recover more than you throw in, so you won't get 1 dragon back for every 1 dragon you use, which is why all the advice I've ever seen is use infantry and cavalry and 'upgrade' them. 

There's more factors, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug. You probably just need to spend a bit of time reading up on how battlegrounds work 

https://legacy-stormfall.blogspot.com/p/battle.html 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/53_game-tutorials/74850_my-personal-guide-for-battlegrounds/ 

https://stormfallguide.blogspot.com/p/battlegrounds-guide-maximising-rewards.html 

Here's some links, they will hopefully give you a better understanding of some of the mechanics and how to start building your own strategies for BGs to maximise what you get

May 28, 2021, 20:3105/28/21
07/10/14

You have loaded approx. 234m resource.

A 136 has an avg loading value of 227m.

Given you will have been getting the guaranteed payouts, the net of what you have banked will be below 234m (and below the 227m.

Problem is you have raised your BG levels beyond the size of your army. You should grow before you do a lot more BG's.

Seeing as I don't know what your bank started at, nor what you have been paid out along with what you noted your loaded, it's really difficult to give definitve advice on how to clear your bank.

The easiest way to get your troops back is to kill one of your two top levels (sometimes referred to as the rune BGs). That will clear your bank. It will probably be far easier to kill the defence one (offence ones can get bad due to troop match up). You'll need around 5m def to clear it. I suggest just keep putting all yours troops into it until you clear it.

The other option is to kill lower level BG's, because your bank is quite full. But w/o knowing what your bank is, can't tell you exactly what lvl to hit to instantly get all your troops back.

BiohazarDModerator
May 29, 2021, 11:0605/29/21
10/04/13
DJ Moody

You have loaded approx. 234m resource.

A 136 has an avg loading value of 227m.

Given you will have been getting the guaranteed payouts, the net of what you have banked will be below 234m (and below the 227m.

Problem is you have raised your BG levels beyond the size of your army. You should grow before you do a lot more BG's.

Seeing as I don't know what your bank started at, nor what you have been paid out along with what you noted your loaded, it's really difficult to give definitve advice on how to clear your bank.

The easiest way to get your troops back is to kill one of your two top levels (sometimes referred to as the rune BGs). That will clear your bank. It will probably be far easier to kill the defence one (offence ones can get bad due to troop match up). You'll need around 5m def to clear it. I suggest just keep putting all yours troops into it until you clear it.

The other option is to kill lower level BG's, because your bank is quite full. But w/o knowing what your bank is, can't tell you exactly what lvl to hit to instantly get all your troops back.

His bank may be full, but if he cleared all bgs over 2 days he may have lost a good portion of that to tax.  I agree though the best option is probably to kill top level and see what that pays out.  

Jun 7, 2021, 15:4206/07/21
03/12/16

why dont you climb the ladder, lol. Ask the emps

Jun 7, 2021, 16:4506/07/21
12/14/15

Yep b/gs can be harsh. Lost a fair wedge of my troops over the w/end without any big payout. Sadly this happens, so you go back into rebuild mode and do a few b/gs when no tournies are on and try to gain them back. So you end up doing a big b/g hit every couple of months or so and win a comp or 2. This filling the bank doesn't really hold water, my bank should be full to bursting, yet I will find when I hit b/gs next that I will see none of this. Loss  72000 Griffin 14000 Dragon. My best payout 5526 dragons, from a 216 b/g. 

Jun 9, 2021, 08:4206/09/21
10/31/14
Daemon

Yep b/gs can be harsh. Lost a fair wedge of my troops over the w/end without any big payout. Sadly this happens, so you go back into rebuild mode and do a few b/gs when no tournies are on and try to gain them back. So you end up doing a big b/g hit every couple of months or so and win a comp or 2. This filling the bank doesn't really hold water, my bank should be full to bursting, yet I will find when I hit b/gs next that I will see none of this. Loss  72000 Griffin 14000 Dragon. My best payout 5526 dragons, from a 216 b/g. 

I hope you built the 72K graffin and 14K dragons. Otherwise you have to pay them back. 

On the other hand, getting a payout should no longer be an option once you reached level 150-220. The bank is too big. You should just use your army as forder to reach 15 million points in brawl and get 500 dragons for your alts. Hopefully, your alt's army will grow while your main's army stay constant. 

The other option is to coin on your main occasionally. This will offset your loses and your army might grow. The other option is to trigger a BG once in a while. But that option becomes obsolute once you reach a maximum BG. 

Either way you lose. 

If your BG is level 136, then work your way down in a lane. if you have enough army you might find your lost "bank" as you go dow, perhaps in level 100 BG. However if your bank is singnificantly larger than payouts as you go down, then you will lose all your army. If you know your bank is singnificantly larger, then you can work your way up. But if you're wrong, then you will lose your whole army. As DJ said, there is no way to know without your BG data. 

Either way you lose your whole army if you are wrong. 

Jun 20, 2021, 20:1506/20/21
12/14/15

Hi Oracle, just an update got a nice payout of 74k griffin. So just lost dragons. 230 b/g and just 2nd one I hit, so much for the bank. :) Still nice payout. So happy.

MicModerator
Jun 21, 2021, 09:3006/21/21
02/22/19

Hello John , for sure you are doing the bgs in a wrong way 😎

You received already a lot good advices here from the other players , so use them wisely !

I wish you a good day and good luck in your bgs battles 👍