My personal guide for BattleGrounds

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 25, 2017, 00:1709/25/17
11/04/16

My personal guide for BattleGrounds

Hello,

Here is my personal guide for BGing.
First of all, you need to understand how a fight takes place. Please read this discussion to understand how a fight takes place (the first two posts): https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/67272_how-to-choose-my-units-for-defensive-bg/
There are two important parameters during a fight: the number of points of each type (infantry, cavalry, occult, bestiary) AND the number of units of each type (please, do not forget this second parameter).

An other thing to know is : BGs spawn randomly every day, with a level from 1 to your highest BG level. Now, we can start.

#1 Get some free BGs

We are here talking about an offensive BG (a red BG).

To understand this point, you need to know the following: if your unit is injured less than 50%, it won't be considered as dead. First, you need to get a lot of different kind of units (pikeman, imperial pikeman, dark pikeman, paladin, imperial paladin, dark paladin, warlock, imperial warlock, dark warlock, etc.). Now, you need to send one unit of each type, and you can include one of each legendary unit you get. The sum of those units will get you a high offensive amount. Now, you get your "weird army" with only one unit of each type. The question is: which BGs should be targeted ? The answer is : any BG below 1/3 of your offensive points.

For exemple, if you get 30 000 offensive points, you will need to face BGs with maximum 10 000 defensive points. You should not lose any units, like in the picture:

The question you probably ask yourself is: "how do I calculate the defensive value of the BGs ?". You can use the battle calculator at: http://stormfall.playtamin.com/
Note that the defensive value depends on the units you are sending. If you are sending only occults in front of golems, the defense will be higher than if you are sending infantry, cavalry or bestiary.

Maybe, you want to know why you must target those BGs below 1/3 of your points. The answer is: most of your points will probably be in bestiary units (just like dragons, wyvern and chimeras). In case you are facing a lot of marennons, it could be dangerous to get less than 3 times more points (you could lose all your units).

Note that most of the time you won't get any unit in reward. The picture is a bit tricky because 200 pikemen were used for the fight. Anyway, with this technique, you will earn experience points, items, wisdom and tournament points.

#2 Join a league, upgrade your units and upgrade your lost arts

I recommand you to join a league so you get up to 6 wyverns, 2 warlocks, 10 paladins every day. And I recommand you to focus on red BGs. I recommand you to boost the following lost arts : pathfinder, knights, warlocks, wyverns. Don't waste your medals and time in others lost arts/units.
Feel free to focus on defensive BGs (with archers, nomads, golems and griffins) but it could be harder and longer as league rewards are offensive units.

#3 Learn the mechanics of the BGs.

Erwan said:

In my opinion (based on my watching of Vladimir's youtube videos), here is the strategy :

- (maxing lost arts & maxing units + training a lot of "cheap" units like archers, nomads, golems and griffins)

- getting the "rune BG" to 1% (to fill the wallet)

- destroying the second best BG until you get a reward

- finishing the rune BG

- keep doing this until you reach high level BGs

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/74002_questions-about-bg/

Remember not to defeat the low BGs as it would waste the resources you get in the wallet.

#4 Increase the BGs level so you get better rewards*

Plarium wiki says:

if I do a level 50 battleground, I get 50% of the resources I put into the game, if it was a level 80, I would get 80%, so the higher you go the higher your percentage rewards.

You will spend more time to get rewards, but the rewards will be proportionally better. Note that rune battlegrounds give you low rewards.

Here you are. The maximum level for BGs is 150+, so I guess you can get more units in reward than the units you spent**.

Note that BGs can be used to transform infantry into occults. Here you can find the usual rewards for every level of the BGs: http://stormfall.playtamin.com/infestations.html

A special thanks to lord Snowgoon who gave me some help. I hope you enjoyed this guide. If you didn't, please do not spam this topic. Have fun playing Stormfall,

Thanks for reading, bye :)

PS: There is a nice tool to choose the units you are sending: http://vp.place-24.ru/en/off.php

PPS: I am sorry to have put all these people angry by asking questions and trusting the wiki to make a guide. If you don't like my question, please, do not answer it instead of getting angry.

* /!\ EDIT /!\ : it seems that in fact the wiki is false. Lord BiohazarD said that the actual return rate is around 95-97% for all battleground levels. So, it is advisable to keep the BGs around level 70 (to get class 4 items). Note that the chance of getting legendary items doesn't increase with higher levels.
https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/74831_the-ultimate-battle-ground-question/

** No, you can't. As I said, the actual return rate is around 95-97% for all battleground levels.

NB : It uses to be a good idea to send expensive (relatively weak and fast to produce) units to the BGs, to "feed" the BGs, just like pathfinders, great lords, necromancers and chimeras. These units would fill the wallet faster. But the goal of this guide is to reach the level 80 BGs. Feel free to read this page : https://plarium.com/en/strategy-games/stormfall-age-of-war/pro-players/pvp-units/

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 25, 2017, 07:1209/25/17
08/30/17

Very good tutorial for all who wants to play in BG's.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Bogdan
Sep 25, 2017, 08:3509/25/17
11/04/16

isacescu_bogdan said:

Bogdan

Thanks  

Sep 25, 2017, 08:3809/25/17
04/17/16

isacescu_bogdan said:

Bogdan

Bogdan, to be polite is a good thing, but to put a moderator"stamp" that aprove the worst BG tutorial ever seen in forum, is a big mistake. 

New player who will try this because a moderator said is very good, will loose theyr troops in no time. 

Erwan, in your other topic, few players told you that is a nonsense what you paste from wiki, but you still continue.  Good you have your own opinion, but if you didnt experimented by yourself, dont give it out as a guide. Could make more damage than you think. Is a nice thing you try to help, but please , do it in a documented mode . 
Sep 25, 2017, 10:1809/25/17
07/30/14

OCTAVIAN said:

isacescu_bogdan said:

Bogdan

Bogdan, to be polite is a good thing, but to put a moderator"stamp" that aprove the worst BG tutorial ever seen in forum, is a big mistake. 

New player who will try this because a moderator said is very good, will loose theyr troops in no time. 

Erwan, in your other topic, few players told you that is a nonsense what you paste from wiki, but you still continue.  Good you have your own opinion, but if you didnt experimented by yourself, dont give it out as a guide. Could make more damage than you think. Is a nice thing you try to help, but please , do it in a documented mode . 

LOL

And here I thought ERWAN is going places
Sep 25, 2017, 10:2909/25/17
Sep 25, 2017, 10:49(edited)
11/04/16

OCTAVIAN said:

Erwan, in your other topic, few players told you that is a nonsense what you paste from wiki

If you have problems with the wiki, please do NOT blame me. If you believe the wiki is false, please do NOT post over here (or explain us why you believe the wiki is wrong, and give us evidence).
I am considering the wiki is exact, but maybe I am wrong... Anyway, please stop flaming, stop raging, stop crying.

Thanks 

Criticize the wiki with no evidence is such a bad attitude. Am I supposed to believe you on parole ?...
Sep 25, 2017, 10:5109/25/17
04/17/16

Erwan said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Erwan, in your other topic, few players told you that is a nonsense what you paste from wiki

If you have problems with the wiki, please do NOT blame me. If you believe the wiki is false, please do NOT post over here (or explain us why you believe the wiki is wrong, and give us evidence).
I am considering the wiki is exact, but maybe I am wrong... Anyway, please stop flaming, stop raging, stop crying.

Thanks 

Criticize the wiki with no evidence is such a bad attitude. Am I supposed to believe you on parole ?

My mistake.Trying to tell to a blind how nice is blue sky, is a nonsemse !:) 

Roftie was right : go for it with your good BG sistem! :

Good luck and have fun!

Sep 25, 2017, 11:5609/25/17
03/20/14

isacescu_bogdan said:

Bogdan

I thought you were supposed to be experienced?

This is a disgrace.
Sep 25, 2017, 13:0109/25/17
Sep 25, 2017, 13:02(edited)
11/04/16
The guide is now edited.
Sep 26, 2017, 23:1809/26/17
11/04/16

Here are some screenshots of me destroying the rune BGs :

Rune BG level 24:

Rune BG level 25:

Sep 27, 2017, 11:1609/27/17
Sep 28, 2017, 10:44(edited)
11/04/16

RandomDrop said:

Erwan is suggesting that a unit taking less than 50% damage wont die but its important to know that units cannot take damage in Stormfall, they are live or they die. I asked for this to be included in the wiki but Plarium felt it was unnecessary because it is explained during the tutorial.

Thank you for the details.

RandomDrop said:

Erwan/Sonwgoon is obviously trolling and the moderator should have caught this.

Nope, I am not trolling, and, I can't talk instead of Snowgoon, but in my opinion, he is also not a troller

RandomDrop, are you mad ?

Playing Stormfall sounds like playing the stock markets. Resources are invested in "useless" units (or at least not directly usable in fight) just like huntress, reavers or chimeras. Then they are transformed into powerful units which can be used.
First, you need to invest. Then, you need to pick up the jackpot.

Sep 30, 2017, 12:5009/30/17
12/18/14

you cannot "overpower" bgs it takes what it takes to kill them

you need to send the appropriate unit type to kill them effectively

sending legendary units to bg is not recommended - they have no real resource value and they do not change the outcome so if they die they die needlessly
Oct 1, 2017, 12:2610/01/17
Oct 1, 2017, 12:32(edited)
11/04/16

Jezebel said:

Hello,

Thanks for this answer, I didn't know that. According to the battle calculator, you are right, we can't overpow bgs:

But battle calculator also says that legendary units can be used to save some units, as you can see there :

Oct 9, 2017, 17:3710/09/17
10/31/14

Thank you for sharing these information. 

I always assumed that using legendary units is wrong. turns out is not. 

20 pegusus make a very good bank afterall. 

Oct 12, 2017, 22:4110/12/17
Oct 12, 2017, 22:43(edited)
12/18/14

Erwan said:

Jezebel said:

Hello,

Thanks for this answer, I didn't know that. According to the battle calculator, you are right, we can't overpow bgs:

But battle calculator also says that legendary units can be used to save some units, as you can see there :

IMO sending legendary units is a waste if they die you are killing troops that you can only buy or win from tourneys or saga quests I am also not sure about Oracle's claims to them building a bank but he is free to kill his legendary units in bg they are his after all 

cheers!!

btw I have never cared for the Playtamin bg calculator personally

Oct 13, 2017, 17:4410/13/17
10/31/14

Jezebel said:

IMO sending legendary units is a waste if they die you are killing troops that you can only buy or win from tourneys or saga quests I am also not sure about Oracle's claims to them building a bank but he is free to kill his legendary units in bg they are his after all 

cheers!!

btw I have never cared for the Playtamin bg calculator personally

Yap killing legendary is a terrible idea. But looking at the game now. There is no need to save anything. 

Plus I only kill legends that are useless. The Pegasus and the hero. I don't have enough units to support them anyway.