champ quest 7th order

champ quest 7th order

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 22, 2021, 16:5804/22/21
Apr 24, 2021, 01:03(edited)
07/10/14

And just to remind you and everyone else what the points at stake in this topic are (so you can get back on topic and disuss them - and try and counter them if you a rational counter argument.

- Any content where the content can't be reasonably completed by actually playing the content is not "good" game design

- When the only solution to completing the content is to use in game currency, essentially by spending money, it's a fair and reasonable conclusion for people to reach that the content is cynical and money grabbing

- that is not healthy for anyone, including Plarium as when people see too many cynical and money grabbing updates it turns them off and risks alienating them and ultimately losing them as customers. Less active game is bad for all of us, it's actualy bad for Plarium's long term profits.

The arguments people have put forward to counter this in this and past threads are:

- But you can spend money on refreshes so it's possible to complete the event (to say that completely misses the point being made is me being charatable.)

- You can hold over bonds from one month to the next (this is true but are we really saying the people being able to complete maybe 1 in 3 or 4 months is in some way a reasonable solution and people should be happy with that?)

- That people are awash with free sapphires, so it's completable without spending money (to which I say, only a tiny minority of players are in "the right leagues" to be in that positon, and it's a misconception to think you are F2P'ing, the reality of that situation is someone else is buying those sapphires for you - they are far from free. If you are in that position you need to recongise you are highly privalaged not the norm)

I have been quite charitable with my summation fo the counter arguments because they have been covered in flames like "you don't understand" or "there is an amazing hint and tip you are missing". Nne of which is remotely true or in any way has come close to addressing the concerns being raised by the OP's.

Personally I think this topic is so obvious I don't understand why the players can't unite in utter condemnation of it. I think that is why people are struggling so hard to come up with any strong counter. Because it's an open and shut case.

But if you disagree, feel free to explain why? Maybe there is a better counter argument that no one has raised yet. 

Apr 24, 2021, 14:5104/24/21
02/22/16

To pursue your converstation would take this topic even further off topic you already have. 

Apr 29, 2021, 11:3904/29/21
Apr 29, 2021, 15:31(edited)
11/29/15

During the event the 7th order missives should have a drop chance of 3.5%. I opened about 150 Duke's missives but didnt get a 7th order missive. Thanks for the ****. 

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 29, 2021, 15:3104/29/21
10/04/13
Alex

During the event the 7th order missives should have a drop chance of 3.5%. I opened about 150 Duke's missives but didnt get a 7th order missive. Thanks for the ****. 

The event didn't change the drop chance of the missives, only the 5 daily ones you receive and when you refresh with sapphires.  

Apr 30, 2021, 02:0904/30/21
02/22/16

The event clearly stated that missives would not generate the increased Drop rate I'm sorry that you did not understand that! 

Apr 30, 2021, 12:2204/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 13:21(edited)
07/10/14

The missives you would have free from events, so they were intentional cut out of the event so you had to spend sapphires (i.e. money effectively). As the mods replied, the event did actually state this.

Just proves the point of the whole thread reallly.

Disappointing isn't it.

Edited

BiohazarDModerator
May 1, 2021, 19:3605/01/21
May 1, 2021, 19:36(edited)
10/04/13
DJ Moody

The missives you would have free from events, so they were intentional cut out of the event so you had to spend sapphires (i.e. money effectively). As the mods replied, the event did actually state this.

Just proves the point of the whole thread reallly.

Disappointing isn't it.

Edited

The 5 free ones you get each day also had increased chance.  If you collect them every day you get 35 over the course of the increased chance event.  I forget the exact numbers the chances changed to, but think that's good for 1-2 7th orders.  

May 4, 2021, 11:5705/04/21
11/29/15
BiohazarD

The event didn't change the drop chance of the missives, only the 5 daily ones you receive and when you refresh with sapphires.  

I also didnt get a 7th grade from the daily free ones.

As I said. It's completely useless.

May 4, 2021, 20:4705/04/21
02/22/16
Alex

I also didnt get a 7th grade from the daily free ones.

As I said. It's completely useless.

If you used the event as it was intended you would of had several number 6 and 7 Champion Quest. 

I am betting you didn't try swapping the quests at all. The event requires that you spend sapphires.

You did know that didn't you ?

May 6, 2021, 11:3705/06/21
09/22/20
Wesley Pringle

If you used the event as it was intended you would of had several number 6 and 7 Champion Quest. 

I am betting you didn't try swapping the quests at all. The event requires that you spend sapphires.

You did know that didn't you ?

The event worked as it should have . In the past i had a hard time getting any 6's or 7's .

During the event i got way more than expected , so it did work ( for me at least ) .

Stating it REQUIRES sapps is apparently not correct , you can actually get them without .

This is /was the case for me as i refuse to spend sapps to refresh .

May 6, 2021, 16:4405/06/21
07/10/14

The event had a 3.5% drop rate on rank 7. 

As you get 5 chances per day at the thing, then you have a probability of 16% of getting 1 or more a day.

Depending on how many days the event runs your chance of getting rank 7's increases.  If it runs for 5 days then on average 41% of people will get no rank 7's and 59% of people will get 1.

Of course you need 2. The probaility of getting 2 or more rank 7's over 5 days is just under 22%.

So yeah you might be one of the lucky 5th of people who get it free to play. You are far more likely not to though. For the vast majority the experience of Lunar quests will be still one of not being able to complete them by simply playing the actually content.

(btw the drop rate on rank 6 was only a little higher and you need 5 of them, so rank 6 is actually the key blocker now - although I don't remember the drop rate from the event off hand to run the probailities for it)

May 8, 2021, 15:0505/08/21
09/22/20

I still get a higher drop on 6 and 7 eventhough the event is no longer on .

Right now i have 3 6's and 2 7's running that i got on start of the day .

Lucky or not , i replied to Wesley Pringle because i don't agree on NEEDING sapps on that event ...save up your yellow enveloppes and you will have more chances .

I for no one don't try to get that quest done every month .

May 9, 2021, 13:1305/09/21
May 9, 2021, 17:10(edited)
07/10/14

Glad you are getting lucky on the drops though ๐Ÿ˜€

And I agree, using the missives is how I F2P the event. If I get a 7th order naturaly, then I will unleash the missives towards the end of the month to try and complete. 

It still means you only have a chance of maybe completing it once every 3-4 months (how long it takes to save up 100 odd missives from events). And even then the drop rate from missives is 1% so you can be BS'ed and not get what you need from bad luck, even with the best of planning and organisation.

All in all 2k emeralds isn't worth getting excited about. All the best rewards for completing the event have to be bought even once you have earned completion of the event anyway with 2/3rds of the rewards, which are all the best bits, only being available after purchase of lunar enchanement.

May 10, 2021, 10:0005/10/21
02/22/16
Dave de Jong

I still get a higher drop on 6 and 7 eventhough the event is no longer on .

Right now i have 3 6's and 2 7's running that i got on start of the day .

Lucky or not , i replied to Wesley Pringle because i don't agree on NEEDING sapps on that event ...save up your yellow enveloppes and you will have more chances .

I for no one don't try to get that quest done every month .

And as I said earlier and the event stipulated that missives are not included in the event for generating the better percentage drop  but if after useing a missive you can then use sapphires to try and get the better result of the increased drop rate.

Not saying that you can't get the level 6 or 7 drop from a yellow missive during the event because that has always been a possibility  but the drop rate won't be at the increased level.

May 10, 2021, 23:5205/10/21
May 10, 2021, 23:53(edited)
07/10/14

I quite clearly pointed out I wasn't using them during the event..... "towards the end of the month". 

And my prior posts quite clearly show I know exactly how they work - that the missives were intentionally cut out of the new event because they are a F2P route to completing lunar quests and sadly Plarium think that could never be allowed in the middle of their crude money grab.

But gratz on rubbing in what is a sore point, again!!

May 11, 2021, 09:5105/11/21
02/22/16
DJ Moody

I quite clearly pointed out I wasn't using them during the event..... "towards the end of the month". 

And my prior posts quite clearly show I know exactly how they work - that the missives were intentionally cut out of the new event because they are a F2P route to completing lunar quests and sadly Plarium think that could never be allowed in the middle of their crude money grab.

But gratz on rubbing in what is a sore point, again!!

I was not talking to you I think by the quote you should be able to see I was addressing the other poster.  You really should stop flaming me !

MicModerator
May 11, 2021, 11:2605/11/21
02/22/19

Well...what can i say , someone like it and someone don't...

I'm just happy because i finished another cycle ๐Ÿ˜  I love the rewards a lot ๐Ÿ˜!

Good luck and good game  to everyone !

i

May 11, 2021, 16:1405/11/21
09/22/20
Wesley Pringle

I was not talking to you I think by the quote you should be able to see I was addressing the other poster.  You really should stop flaming me !

The "other poster "has a name , thank you very much .

Getting sick and tired of the "powerplays " in here .

That being said , peace out !

BiohazarDModerator
May 13, 2021, 15:5205/13/21
10/04/13
Mic

Well...what can i say , someone like it and someone don't...

I'm just happy because i finished another cycle ๐Ÿ˜  I love the rewards a lot ๐Ÿ˜!

Good luck and good game  to everyone !

i

Congratulations :)