All Categories

playing god or get attacked

playing god or get attacked

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 28, 2020, 13:2309/28/20
11/22/13

Is it strange,, in this game, not really to me. In general gaming,I'd say yes. Mechanics being the difference.

Worthwhile to me,, not a bit. But i'm not the one doing it.

Too me, Plarium made an error a long time ago and has been chasing the effects ever since. The current events in this case, are yet another example of the troop accountabilty, or more so, the lack of it. Mechanics allow for this, so I can not fault the players.

I do not have to agree with the tactics though. Just like the league rankings, I have never liked the way it is done. But both are tied into this mess and completely different topics,,, back to full circles,,, ____ if you do and ____ if you don't.

Sep 28, 2020, 13:3209/28/20
Sep 28, 2020, 13:33(edited)
02/22/16
Could it be that he isn't threatening Leagues but offering them an avenue to progress through him ?
Sep 28, 2020, 13:4409/28/20
11/22/13

Wesley Pringle said:

Could it be that he isn't threatening Leagues but offering them an avenue to progress through him ?

Just playing 'devil's advocate".

Then would it not come back to 'Plarium's mechanics'?

That one player could dictate a server structure and the rankings of leagues. 

Why would not the developers do more to keep the game fluid.
Sep 28, 2020, 14:1809/28/20
02/22/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Wesley Pringle said:

Just playing 'devil's advocate".

Then would it not come back to 'Plarium's mechanics'?

That one player could dictate a server structure and the rankings of leagues. 

Why would not the developers do more to keep the game fluid.

It could be that  Renzo is the biggest investor in gameplay on the least used Server in the game.

It's not up to the Game to regulate the progress and limit the effects of those that put more effort into developing a strategy of Dominance in the game  It's up to other players to develop counter measure if that is their objective. Or to maybe stretch their diplomatic muscles and make arrangements with the Biggest Dog in the fight On server 2  

Please let's try and not change the topic of the original post if this is a line of topic you would like to follow up on. (Plarium's Mechanics) Then it will require a new topic be made. Not that Plarium will discuss it because they do guard that information.   I thank you

Sep 28, 2020, 14:4809/28/20
11/22/13

Wesley Pringle said:

It could be that  Renzo is the biggest investor in gameplay on the least used Server in the game.

It's not up to the Game to regulate the progress and limit the effects of those that put more effort into developing a strategy of Dominance in the game  It's up to other players to develop counter measure if that is their objective. Or to maybe stretch their diplomatic muscles and make arrangements with the Biggest Dog in the fight On server 2  

Please let's try and not change the topic of the original post if this is a line of topic you would like to follow up on. (Plarium's Mechanics) Then it will require a new topic be made. Not that Plarium will discuss it because they do guard that information.   I thank you

Ok,trying to stay on topic.

How, aside from purchasing an opposing force would one counter such an effort?

Diplomacy mentioned. Not knowing anything of the player(s) or server involved. If, as stated some point earlier, to create more interaction within the server still refers to the 'golden rule'. So are only the beacons dropped 'open' to fair play? What if a player or league does something that others have agreed to, but does not sit well with the "big dog"? 

Too much diplomacy is not good either, the servers go stagnate to far in either direction.

It will be interesting to see how the server progresses.
Sep 28, 2020, 16:5809/28/20
02/22/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Diplomacy mentioned. Not knowing anything of the player(s) or server involved. If, as stated some point earlier, to create more interaction within the server still refers to the 'golden rule'. So are only the beacons dropped 'open' to fair play? What if a player or league does something that others have agreed to, but does not sit well with the "big dog"? 

Too much diplomacy is not good either, the servers go stagnate to far in either direction.

It will be interesting to see how the server progresses.

If your objective is to gain a beacon or beacons with the least amount of losses then going the avenue of least resistance would be perhaps have a conversation with the big dog or look to recruit one of your own.As far as what if you want to go your own way along with other leagues  then if your alliances are that strong then Server 2 will be an interesting place to be watching for a while. That's if you and others find it worth it to try and put the Big dog in a pen. 

As far as to much diplomacy or not enough being Good or Bad  that depends on your objective. 

Some want constant war some like to build  and save for giant takeovers  some want to just log in  do their quest and just build troops  or leagues. 
Sep 28, 2020, 17:5809/28/20
Sep 28, 2020, 18:10(edited)
07/10/14

roadstar Pitbull said:

There is nothing much you can do. 

You can buy an infinite army from the shop. The only cap is the amount of money you are willing to spend.

In reality there is nothing you can do to outplay someone if they are willing to continue to offset the advantage of your skill, knowledge, experience, diplo and intel with simply more and more spending.

So you can just do everything you can, play the best you can and hope that makes it so expensive for them, they give up or run out of money before they get you

And I don't say that as some kind of anecdote. I say that as a veteran leader who was steered leagues (and even groups of leagues) through all the major server wars in server 1.

You can of course drop all beacons and put all your troops in cats and refuse to play. Hope they waste their money on someone else, or give up, get bored and move on.

Sep 28, 2020, 18:5709/28/20
02/20/17
Oracle said:

. Renzo is probably the best player on Plarium.com right now. He has three servers on his leash. He is marshal of the biggest leagues in servers 2 and 3. 

I like Renzo as well but let s stay next to reality..."biggest league in server 3'??... think twice... as myself i m from Synergy and we are biggest league in server 3 while Justes Archangels are second and no matter how strong Renzo is they have a total negative record against us at least when is about brawls.I do agree he might be the strongest on hamlets... he always holds them and it s hard to believe some1 would dare to attack them.PS.Renzo is an extremely nice player and very fair..once i needed his help and he was very nice with me.
Oct 1, 2020, 15:5610/01/20
Oct 1, 2020, 15:59(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

You can buy an infinite army from the shop. The only cap is the amount of money you are willing to spend.

no matter how much of an army a player has,there is a cap,but that CAP is what s/he can use in offensive actions

only 250K force limit of offense  can be used to attack a beacon, 160 players can reinforce with no force limit

Oct 1, 2020, 16:3710/01/20
07/10/14
fURY said:

no matter how much of an army a player has,there is a cap,but that CAP is what s/he can use in offensive actions

only 250K force limit of offense  can be used to attack a beacon, 160 players can reinforce with no force limit

You can send as many force limit attacks as your finances allow.....
Oct 1, 2020, 16:5410/01/20
Oct 1, 2020, 16:55(edited)
01/07/17

Good morning all,

server 2 were getting boring. Several players from different leagues requested additional beacons from plarium to relaunch the game. But the plarium policy was not to increase the number of beacons on server 2. Renzo therefore made the choice to attack the league. stronger server 2. no animosity in our actions. but it was necessary to have a little fun, right? is it a war game?

Then, renzo offered to all the little leagues to take beacons if they wanted. He clarified that the righteous will only attack if big leagues put up too many lvl 5 headlights. Then yes renzo is one of the biggest players today. like bob was some time ago. after if you don't see any difference in strategy between these 2 players ...

friendly

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 2, 2020, 03:5810/02/20
10/04/13
fURY said:

DJ Moody said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

The force limit is 150k for beacons (250k for castles and hamlets).  With good champions and bonuses along with darkened/eldrich/weor units this can add up to several billion offense power.  And of course you can always send multiple waves. 
Oct 2, 2020, 05:2710/02/20
08/09/15

BiohazarD said:

fURY said:

DJ Moody said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

The force limit is 150k for beacons (250k for castles and hamlets).  With good champions and bonuses along with darkened/eldrich/weor units this can add up to several billion offense power.  And of course you can always send multiple waves. 

it was a typo.thats why others didnt say anything about it .i helped make it 150 k ,the force limit

my vote was for 100k force limit,but majority were beween 400 and 150 so we thought of at least increasing the vote for lower option

anyways, here on this thread,we saw one hit ! 50 % loss on both sides

half special units dead,thats just one hit 

from that one beacon,lets say from then on beacons were soft-blow attacked then a hammer went in,This was almost everyone's point right ?)

okay lets say this happened

no more snapshots were sent so lets take that one snapshot as norm

lets also take what others said as norm

1.it takes time to get these special units,bought in pack/woer trained

2.in one with/without softeners there were a 50% loss -woer/eld (could addup to several bil)

3.with softeners,one or multiple in each attack ,woer/elds die still,not 50% but depending on various factors,lets say 15-20%

this is what i called strange ! it still dsnt show how these many beacons were dropped ! 
Oct 2, 2020, 10:2310/02/20
07/10/14

From what he have we don't know all the facts but actually that doesn't change the conclusion.

Maybe this hit was mid point in the attacks. Maybe it was at the end. Maybe there were a lot more special units than this initially and they were being constantly revived. Or maybe this is the very first hit and that was the max amount of Weor units.

You only need lose 15% of your Weor's each hit, if you kept encountering 50/50 fights and bought them back each time (50% of 30% = 15%). So it's possible to get quite a few hits out of a big wodge of weor units before they erode to the point they make no difference. They wouldn't last 35 big fights though. But nor would they need to as 1.5bn hammers would take down 3bn beacons pretty effectively in multiple hits.

On the eldritch units, people spending thousands a month will have many more than 1 hit's worth (I know that for definite having talked to several ppl and so roughly knowing what they have). And again they only need to be replaced by new units at 15% per hit. It wouldn't surprise me a whole multi beacon process could be covered by eldritch units by a number of people on each server. 

On what was in the beacons, we can't be sure either.

It's quite likely and reasonable to assume that beacons from the same league would be roughly similar sizes. The most likely beacon strategy is roughly even and if the screenshot was picked at random that it will most likely represent something close to the average. It is possible though that some beacons were strategically stronger and it is possible that the biggest juiciest fight was the screenshot that got most circulated. 

Even if 35 beacons were on average at 1bn not the 3bn in the only screenshot we have, it still means that 17/18bn of offence was lost at a minimum. And again from the screenshots we have the vast majority of that was funded by 2 mega coiners (with a huge proportion just from one player).

If the screenshot represents the avg fight composition then over 50bn offence was lost (largely funded by 2 players). If the avg beacon were bigger than the above, then even more.

That 2 people can fund all that and destroy what hundreds of players build (or maybe some of then spent) is testament to how broken and unabalnced the game is. That answer is constant no matter what assumptions you make about exactly what happened.

Not only that but the level of spending isn't limited to one server. The players involved are on all 3 servers with massive armies.

And this just grows continually. The screenshot from the last thread was a 2.4bn max hammer. This one was a 3bm. This issue doesn't go away, it gets bigger with every Weor package offer and every Weor event.

So next time we do an "updates need to take into account the impact on beacon force limits", think very carefully about what you post. I did warn we were on the tipping point of mega coining seriously changing a servers. I don't make this stuff up, it comes from a deep understanding of the game.

Oct 2, 2020, 10:3410/02/20
07/10/14

PS on a slightly different note, I feel a little uncomfortable with a particular players name keep coming up in the thread.

No one has done anything wrong. No one has broken any rules. Everything that happened is perfectly allowable by the game. If it wasn't this person(s) it would be someone else. Because the question is not "if" it's only "when" these kind of events happen, when it's possible to purchase infinite advantage from the shop.

The fault isn't with players, they are just playing what is put in front on them.

Oct 3, 2020, 17:2110/03/20
02/22/16
Could be that the player's name is not being slandered and is even being shown some respect that makes it ok :)