Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 9, 2020, 23:2908/09/20
10/04/13
Oracle said:

The question again. 

Should Stormfall have an Endgame? How should it be like, and what should happen after. 

Not this

Should Stormfall  End? How should it be like, and what should happen after

(The qiestion in blue is not my question, if you found an MMORPG that end, please tell me about it, sometimes, when I care. Because I don't know any mmorpg that END. There are still MMORPG from 1999 that still play, MMORPG don't end. And I don't want to talk about game end in mmorpg.  

Maybe you should clarify what you want then.  Because generally "endgame" implies the end of a game...
Aug 10, 2020, 00:3908/10/20
11/22/13

Should have, could have, would have...

Not going to happen, primarily as no one started the game under that pretext.

Along with a myriad of legal issues such actions would entail, without closing the company...

Aug 10, 2020, 11:0408/10/20
Aug 10, 2020, 11:07(edited)
07/10/14

So the original post seems to be changing a bit, don't know who or why that is and doesn't bother me either tbh.

But there is a question in there now about games that end.

There are LOADS of RTS MMO's that have a definite end to the server. I have played a couple - Grepolis and C&C Tiberium alliances. Both good games btw.

The games have a define scenario for how you "win" the server. In Grepolis it's your league/team completing production of a mega structure first and in C&C it's being fist to reach the centre of the map and kill a pretty difficult NPC base.

If you never played one it might seem strange but it's one way to try and keep games balanced.

If you join Stormfall now you are 7 years of growth behind some of the long term players. That puts you at a significant disadvantage (and that is without even going into the contentious area of money). For two players of equal skill the one that starts 7 years late will never be competitive with the one that started at the beginning.

Some games address this by running many servers of the same game which have a finite end. There is a new server starting pretty much all the time. So all the players start on a level playing field.

If you enjoy the game, the intention is you would start on a new server when you current server reaches it's natural conclusion. They don't turn the servers off immediately, just when people lose interest. For instance in C&C you get a medal for your server participation and you still get a medal if you league is 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc to finish the end game. The medal are associated with your accounts and some people build up these medals on many many different servers.

Obviously there is a major downside to these games. You get the balance of everyone starting within the same month but everything you do will eventually be lost and if you want to keep playing you need to start a new server from scratch. Clearly this works cause people play these games.

Not saying either way of structuring a game is better. I think largely they just appeal to different types of people who value different elements of gameplay differently. But since you asked the question thought I would share that there are very much definitely games which have a specific end.

Aug 11, 2020, 02:1908/11/20
Aug 12, 2020, 11:34(edited)
05/10/16
Original post sounds like someone who never accomplished anything in the game.( Edited)
Aug 11, 2020, 18:5708/11/20
08/09/15

very funny replies                    

way back then even when i played moonbase...for me the game has always been about the strategy ! graphic didnt bother me

and now,end the game here just to start the same thing in somwhere else using a better graphic,features ,and every pretty stuff u can think of..

things will always be the same thing,wont they ?

we will have to start from lvl 1 lost arts 1 craftsmen ..okay lets even say based on this game progress some changes are applied too

but in the end its just doing what im already doing.so ill pass,i like this 

Aug 12, 2020, 09:0008/12/20
10/31/14

There is a lot of concern about the game-ending. I don't know what drives that concern, especially given that flash is going to die in 31 December 2020. There is nothing anybody can do about this matter, Steve Job killed flash, and that is it. So in the matter of the game ends, there is nothing we can do about it. 
BUT this post is not about the game-ending. 

This post is about the sort of end game we will have should the game continue beyond 2020. I am concerned that the majority of players are leaving the game because most of them see no goal in the game. Most have turned into farming to pass time. And when they get bored of this, they just leave. 

There are many leagues out there that have players in the 100 days of inactivity. These players are inactive because the game is monotonous and repetitive. 

If the game has some sort of end goal, that every player, no matter his league size can work towards, then I think we will solve the problem of inactivity. That is what I am asking here.

What sort of feature, or event should Plarium introduce into the game in order to perpetuate this endless fun? 

An end game is an event or feature, or a tournament that players work towards, as the end of the line goal. I suggested that plarium could introduce a huge war event. Players get to fight bular, taking over beacons. This huge war will cycle in 6 months.  After 6 months of this event, a league and players who managed to take most of bulars beacons are pronounced a winner. 

They get mega rewards, and then another event start. We cycle around in this event. forever. This becomes the end goal. To take as many beacons from Bular as possible. 

I was hoping another person will suggest a better END GAME. But it looks like most of you are just comfortable in your farming

Aug 12, 2020, 10:3108/12/20
Aug 12, 2020, 10:49(edited)
07/10/14

Oracle said:

I am concerned that the majority of players are leaving the game because most of them see no goal in the game. Most have turned into farming to pass time. And when they get bored of this, they just leave. 

I think that is easy to answer.

There just isn't enough content.

The game largely consists of RAIDING / BG's / PVP. Last year we got CHAMPS. So it took 6 years, to add another element to the gameplay.

While we do get updates every 3 months or so, they are virtually ALL little more than an excuse to add something new to the shop to drive a short-term uptick in revenue.

If you think to yourself, I'd like to play Stormfall today - what would you actually do?

Go hunt for hamlets to hits or castle with troops out to FB or attack? It's hard to actually think of things to do other once you have completelty the daily grind of queuing troops and setting off hunts to train champs.

You only get 10 raids a day. There is nothing to do with the resource anyway, cause troops queues a limited. You only get so many BG's a day (and they are loss making so why would you interact with that content).

So the only thing you can do, is hunt for PvP and its very very time consuming to find ppl that have made silly mistakes, where you can earn PvP w/o taking major losses. So often you could put time in that and come back empty handed with nothing to do anyway.

Aug 12, 2020, 20:0708/12/20
11/22/13

Oracle said:

I was hoping another person will suggest a better END GAME. But it looks like most of you are just comfortable in your farming

While not really an answer I have a question.

There are plenty of games to played like you seek,some with frequent update/upgrades along with various settings to suit various player styles/habits.

Why, knowing this is a perpetual game, do you now seek to change it?

BiohazarDModerator
Aug 12, 2020, 22:1408/12/20
10/04/13
DJ Moody said:

Oracle said:

I am concerned that the majority of players are leaving the game because most of them see no goal in the game. Most have turned into farming to pass time. And when they get bored of this, they just leave. 

I think that is easy to answer.

There just isn't enough content.

The game largely consists of RAIDING / BG's / PVP. Last year we got CHAMPS. So it took 6 years, to add another element to the gameplay.

While we do get updates every 3 months or so, they are virtually ALL little more than an excuse to add something new to the shop to drive a short-term uptick in revenue.

If you think to yourself, I'd like to play Stormfall today - what would you actually do?

Go hunt for hamlets to hits or castle with troops out to FB or attack? It's hard to actually think of things to do other once you have completelty the daily grind of queuing troops and setting off hunts to train champs.

You only get 10 raids a day. There is nothing to do with the resource anyway, cause troops queues a limited. You only get so many BG's a day (and they are loss making so why would you interact with that content).

So the only thing you can do, is hunt for PvP and its very very time consuming to find ppl that have made silly mistakes, where you can earn PvP w/o taking major losses. So often you could put time in that and come back empty handed with nothing to do anyway.

Isn't that how all city building games go though?  You can either build your city and your army, or attack other peoples cities and their armies.  It's not like Plarium is likely to add a first person shooter sub-game...