All Categories

SOLO CHAMP XP TOURNEY

SOLO CHAMP XP TOURNEY

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 30, 2020, 01:0404/30/20
02/13/16

SOLO CHAMP XP TOURNEY

I have played this event for 12 hours and have gained 6 million points. The top player has 19 million points. What would likely be the main reason for this difference ?
Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Apr 30, 2020, 07:3004/30/20
02/22/19
Hello Lord  Hammer , try to ask to the top player, maybe he will share with you how he did that ...
Apr 30, 2020, 20:4204/30/20
04/23/20

The guy with 19m points probably had a lot of rank 4 or 5 champs ready to use and is using rank 1 champs + iron, gold, food to upgrade them in minutes for XP. 

So while you're maybe just running the auto-hunt, he's scoring additional points by sacrificing and also running the auto-hunt. 

Also, the Weor Battleground rewards offer a few +5% Champ point boosts. I'd guess he might also have them running. 

Basically, he came to the event well prepared in advance. 

Apr 30, 2020, 21:3304/30/20
08/09/15

Hammer said:

I have played this event for 12 hours and have gained 6 million points. The top player has 19 million points. What would likely be the main reason for this difference ?

hello hammer

for any xp tournament if u want to go for a top 3 rankings there are 2 ways .u have to do either each one alone or together in mix

1.using resources and sacrificing champions to get xp - pls note this will require spending emeralds as well as resources (iron,gold)

as u can see here u can gain xp by sacrificing champions,here if u click on sacrifice it will also ask for resources..

what the top ranking do is this simple.they buy bonds using emeralds,then summon and sacrifice them using resources

2.high rank champions on autohunts

a 6 star champion gives over 1.1 mil in xp .. u could also save some high rank champions for tournament.im guessing this is what u have done.ranking up 4,5 stars.

a combination : this is what they basically do >>>>

sacrifice and earn xp and get to top 3 in a short time using emeralds and resources (they had to cause the max storage for bond is,well,was till just 2 days ago 1000 bonds)  after dashing ahead and having some good distance from others in ranking they just let autohunt go on and get xp to maintain the distance

these were kinda already mentioned,i explained again for 2 reason:

1.more clarity

2. now with new path u can do this without spending almost anything from market,resource or emerald.ill let u think on this one urself :p 

May 2, 2020, 05:3105/02/20
07/10/14

You got some good points always but to add a bit more....

From your point scoring I would guestimate you were very studiously running a hunt with little to no down time.

You could score significantly more points (about 2m an hour) from manually training champs as well. That would keep you competitive.

This won't be how the person winning the event will be doing it. They will be sacrificing champs, so that they are running their hunts only with high ranked champs where the points are significantly higher.

You really need to be spending to do that; either:

- happy to burn through emeralds buying bonds for the sacrificing

- spent the approx 100k sapphires to max the summoning building, so get masses of spare bonds

With the orb event providing such a massive reward and requiring hard training (which is very much sped up by sacrificing) there is a really good argument for thinking about the summoning building if you can afford it. 

If you are in a league that is winning events, then you can hope to F2P the building with a bit of patience. If not then you have no option but to spend. In the long run you'll save money vs buying emeralds if you build the building.

You will also get a load of bonds to burn from running the Champs duel event. There are ways to justify running that event if you are F2P or hobby level spending but you need to be smart about it to make it work.  
MicModerator
May 2, 2020, 14:5705/02/20
02/22/19

Hello Lords , i'm very happy to see how you share your tips with the other players !

Thank you for your opinions ,well done !
May 2, 2020, 15:2505/02/20
02/13/16
Thanks to everyone for the excellent advice. I plan to be in the top 3 in a couple of months or so. I now fully understand what needs to be done.
May 3, 2020, 14:1305/03/20
02/13/16
Follow up question: I have been testing autohunts with and without concurrent manual training. There is no difference in xp earned, so I assume this only works when the tourney is on, or am I missing something?
May 3, 2020, 20:0705/03/20
04/23/20

It comes down to time vs effort. The auto-hunt sends your champ to 1 level below its current points. So, if your champ is currently at 660 the auto-hunt will send it at a 525 undead. If you were doing it manually, you'd send the 660 champ at a 660 undead. So - right away - there's a trade off.

Also, because the auto-hunt works on one champ at a time, it'll take longer to upgrade a champ using the auto-hunt that it would do upgrade them manually. (This is actually a good thing, by the way.)

It takes about 19 minutes for the auto-hunt to get a rank 4 champ from 0 to 12550. In about 25 mins you could probably upgrade 3 rank 4 champs from 0 to 12550 if doing it manually. You could do it quicker again if you sacrificed some 1's to boost the 3 champs by a few levels first.

For your further tests, upgrade a rank 4 from 0 to 12500 using the hunt and make a note of how many emeralds were used, XP etc were earned. Then do the same for 3 rank 4 champs manually - again, make a note of how many emeralds were used, XP earned etc, and how long it takes you to do it. 

Then, figure out how much mental / physical / emotional effort it would take to keep doing that on a continuous basis for 12 hours or whatever.

You should also factor in it's possible to be raided / fireballed without even noticing it if you're manually grinding champs the whole time:-)

Anyway, champs are fun - lots of things to investigate and test with. 

As others have pointed out, if you're going to get serious about them then you'll need to get the SH building to Level 20 as soon as possible.

Oh - and beware the solo hunt option. It is only good for the Champs Duel event. (Unless you have lots of emeralds and want to leave it running during the Brawl for points and bonds.) Other than that, it will eat all your emeralds if used unwisely. 

May 3, 2020, 20:1505/03/20
09/11/15
Thank you. I think I made the mistake thinking the manual hunts would show in my autohunt results, but of course they would be in the overall xp counter. Thank you everyone.
Jun 1, 2020, 00:3106/01/20
08/12/16

well some people in this thread know what they are talking about and some dont

i wont point out who does and who doesnt, but i have won a few champion xp tourneys in my time.

the guy with the 19 million is doing manual, i can consistently average 2 million per hour on manual without using any high level champs (total fallacy to think you need high level champs to get that much xp)  its a numbers game, the more champs you throw at the undead, without duplicating attacks (since a duplicate attack will net you nothing) the more xp you get, the more you do it, the better you get, the better you get, the more xp you can throw up there in a short amount of time - solo hunt is extremely limited for champion xp, once your guy gets max level you dont get any more xp....

auto hunt is good for the champion currency event if you have the emeralds to burn on the energy recharge

good luck
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 1, 2020, 21:1006/01/20
10/04/13

You can always just save up a bunch of basic bonds and then sacrifice them during the tourney (you get about 10mil extra xp per 1k bonds plus you can gain faster from only training 3+ star champs and sacrificing all the 1 and 2 stars since they have a lower level cap which gains much less xp).  If you have your shrine of summoning to max level bonds will accumulate just from doing normal training with a hunt.  The 1k bond limit has been removed so now you can just stock up on them for a while then use them all on one tournament to propel yourself into first place.  You will also need a lot of res packs for the sacrificing though.