All Categories

Champions,Geists, comprehensive in every aspect

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 6, 2020, 01:2301/06/20
08/09/15

let me be frank at first, aside from numbers and mathematical algorithms any tip on forum will always be player strategy oriented... i had a friend who would always say all writings are kinda biographical..

if u wanna know what champions are u should first visit Lord Oberon's post, here we will be discussing the optimum ways to do champs and use geists and how to get extra emeralds for what we usually do.. how to avoid extra effort and get to destination faster...

u can find Lord Oberon's post HERE.

words used to describe things can always be misleading or kinda confusing,in cases like this u could always describe them the way they are easier to understand

Champion Grades: grades are based on how rare they are,i usually define them by colors.

grade one or gray ones

grade 2 or green ones

grade 3 or blue ones

Grade 5 or orange ones

each champion regardless of Grade(or as previously shown,their color) also has a rank which i usually categorize by stars...

1 star or rank 1 !  2,3 or 6 stars or rank 6... that easy

the higher the rank and grade the more bonuses u will receive for ur army or castle..

u level up each champion to be able to to increase rank (star)... to do this u hunt undead and level it up

when leveled up, then u can increase the rank..

from here on, we will discuss how to get more emeralds, how to optimally sacrifice champions ,how to get to a top ranking in tournaments,geists and optimum usage and many more.. for more info on whats pls take a look at Lord Oberon's post

before we start pls note that this is the way I do the champions and this might not be agreeable to some..still try to adjust ur own choice and options in and it should be enough knowledge for u to go on based this including few small adjustment with ur own preferences..

for example,aside from  cavaliers i sacrifice even Blue (grade 3 ) champions.. u can chose not to.ill explain my reason for this as the post goes on..

Emeralds:

u receive some emerald each time u level up a champion.the amount increases with rank.. u level up a rank 4( 4 star champion) and u receive 50 Emeralds, leveling up a 5 star gives u 100 and 6 star gives 150 emeralds.. there are 2 points to be known here..

1. rank 1,2,3 dnt give much so u can sacrifice them without leveling them up

but u should always level up any 4 and 5 star,even if ur going to sacrifice them as they give a lot of emeralds

as u can see here i leveled up all 4 and 5 stars( rank 4 and 5) as they give 50 and 100 emeralds when leveled up....

so why not get those emeralds before sacrificing them ? actually there is a way u can receive these amounts twice.. 

lets go with a 5 star

when this 5 star leveled up it will give u 100 emeralds. 

now that u have received 100 emeralds,u can receive it again(twice).all u need to do is just enlighten it.

after enlighten u level it up again and u receive another 100 emeralds...

that's how u receive the reward emeralds twice... that easy...

based on what we have discussed so far:

u need to separate the champions that are of use to you,and the rest which will be used as material to be sacrificed and make the one used go higher in rank

a.iv locked the champions i use or are just too valuable to mistakenly sacrifice.. grade 4 and 5s (purple and oranges) even some blue ones (grade 3s) like beacon defense champions

b.as u go higher ull come to realize that aside from the champions u use or are just too valuable the rest are just material to be sacrificed. so it makes more sense to try and up to 5 star try leveling up only the ones that u come across pretty often ,namely gray ones(grade 1s), these will be ur building blocks.the picture below is just a coicidence that they all are cavaliers.any one star would do

as they were all grey (grade ones) u could also enlighten them easy and get emeralds twice as previously shown... now u can use them to upgrade and increase the rank of a good champion

the point here being always level and star useless ones u dnt use up to 5 star more,along the ones u want ,u 5 star a champion and get 100 emeralds,then enlighten it again and get another 100 emeralds.. u need 5 of 5 stars to sacrifice to increase the rank of a good one to 6.but u also get an extra 500 emeralds too this way...

Orbs : very important resource in game. some u receive ingame events or activities easier than others.some u have to buy. these have to be used carefully and with caution specially the rare ones. 

things to do and how to about orbs :

a. categorize the champions based on what u use the most , what u rarely use ,what can be useful but u just dnt get to use

first pls note that in the end it all comes down to each players game strategy but still, u have a fort offence champion in grade 5, very good champion yes ,this is ur only champion so u apply ur first 3 orbs on it.. i wouldnt do that ! id wait to apply it to a champion i use..or i wouldnt use it on BG champions to begin with ..thats alot of orbs wasted.unless iv already maxed my other champs

orbs provide lots of stat boost,no matter of their rarity

b.as u can see every orb counts so u need to be careful how and where u use them.so before u use them ,think about what champion u want more strong.save ur orbs even if u dnt have the one u want..its gonna be worth it...

Geists: these are material that make the effort u make lot less, 

here we will be discussing how to use them optimally, pls note that this is how i use them,others viewpoint might differ...

things u need to know b4 we start:

a. Geists can only be used with the champions of same color (grade) if not used for leveling up, the upside is that they are already maxed in level so u dnt put any effort in it to hunt undead and level it up to increase the rank

which can also be used later as material again

Doing these,using Geists will save u alot of time

please also note that higher Geists are not worth using as leveled up champion like formerly mentioned ones.they are only good to be sacrificed or used as a level up. namely grade 4 (purple Geists)

These geists shouldn't be used like the normal lower grade ones

Normal champion tournament : u want to be in a top ranking and just dnt know how ? its easy..

the higher the rank the more xp u receive.. up to the point a 6 star champion gives more than 1 mil xp points.. all u need to do is collect them and level up during XP tournament... i realize its hard to collect so many... but dnt worry as i said u can collect even 4 stars..  u level them up,then u increase the rank to 5 so u also get to level up that 5 star too, point here being the more high rank champions u have the more XP ull receive in tournaments..

u level up and get points,then u enlighten and level up again,that easy .. u can also help ur ranking by manually doing champs too..

treasure hunt champion tournament:

u receive one or more holy bond for certain in this event,some argue this one is not cost efficient or its not worth the recharges and emeralds used.im not gonna discuss that. just how to achieve the points u need to get those rewards...

no matter of rewards and no matter of how many bonds there are,there is one certain feature to them. yes they are mostly achieved by luck and a chance element is present to some extent, the certain feature is that with critical strikes ull always receive points..

all u need to do is set ur highest enlightened to a solo-hunt,the higher the better as it gets more chance to get a critical strike chance,here its an enlightened  grade 4(purple) so it has a 40% critical chance

pls note how many prizes iv collected in few short mins.here u can also set ur high rank(stars) to a group hunt (not leveled up ones) and use ur highest one manually..whatever floats ur boat.if its a solo hunt pls note that champion is already maxed so u dnt need to activate champion xp boosters.

that brings me to few last things u need to know about champions :

1. if its ur target to get XP (experience points) for ur champs,always activate ur boosts

2. always save ur epic and holy bonds for events. there are ingame events in which u receive a bonus chance to summon a better champion. in one u receive 2x chance to summon a grade 5 from a holy bond or if u open 3 bonds one will be a grade 5 for certain.. try to hold onto ur bonds for these events

if u had any questions let me know,

Regards,

fURY,

shtpatawn,

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 6, 2020, 12:5601/06/20
08/09/15

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

Feel free to incorporate as much or as little of the above material into your guide as you like.

The screenshots are on my webspace, so you can link them in your post simply by right clicking them and grabbing the image address.  

these are all fine points,accurate in number but somehow incorrect in practical aspect

it seems to me that,ur trying to show that this is an aspect of the game that cant be done without paying real money or kinda pointing a finger to plarium..it even might be true but its something that needs to be done anyways

first,let me start with this,i try to use less numbers as they tend to confuse players.and its not really important in my opinion to be honest..

u need to walk 2 miles ... ur gonna have to walk it.. does it really matter to calculate how many steps u take ? ur gonna walk those 2 miles even if u calculate how many steps ur gonna take,how much calories u will burn and ETC.....

second, the game itself provides free auto-hunts almost every week now

third, players also receive some reward emeralds in tournament each week,not only that each hunt has a possibility of returning with a bond too which normally would have to be paid for with emeralds but also as the shrine goes higher u might receive holy bonds too which would have to be paid really money for too..

most always want to know the numbers, algorithms and  processes behind it so i always appreciate the helps in my tutorials

thank u

Jan 8, 2020, 09:4201/08/20
08/09/15

my response didnt appear as a last reply so i wrote it as a reply,this one

4th, u can send up to 5 attacks at once cutting the undead travel time by 4

there are many more i can think of that are wrong with numbers u posted but these are the gist of it

yes each number is correct mathematically but math has nothing to do with practical use in the game when it comes to doing things

these are the things ur gonna have to do. there is really no point to calculate numbers 
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 13, 2020, 00:4001/13/20
10/04/13
fURY said:

let me be frank at first, aside from numbers and mathematical algorithms any tip on forum will always be player strategy oriented... i had a friend who would always say all writings are kinda biographical..

if u wanna know what champions are u should first visit Lord Oberon's post, here we will be discussing the optimum ways to do champs and use geists and how to get extra emeralds for what we usually do.. how to avoid extra effort and get to destination faster...

u can find Lord Oberon's post HERE.

words used to describe things can always be misleading or kinda confusing,in cases like this u could always describe them the way they are easier to understand

Champion Grades: grades are based on how rare they are,i usually define them by colors.

grade one or gray ones

grade 2 or green ones

grade 3 or blue ones

Grade 4 or orange ones

each champion regardless of Grade(or as previously shown,their color) also has a rank which i usually categorize by stars...

1 star or rank 1 !  2,3 or 6 stars or rank 6... that easy

the higher the rank and grade the more bonuses u will receive for ur army or castle..

u level up each champion to be able to to increase rank (star)... to do this u hunt undead and level it up

when leveled up, then u can increase the rank..

from here on, we will discuss how to get more emeralds, how to optimally sacrifice champions ,how to get to a top ranking in tournaments,geists and optimum usage and many more.. for more info on whats pls take a look at Lord Oberon's post

before we start pls note that this is the way I do the champions and this might not be agreeable to some..still try to adjust ur own choice and options in and it should be enough knowledge for u to go on based this including few small adjustment with ur own preferences..

for example,aside from beacon defense champion and cavaliers i sacrifice even Blue (grade 3 ) champions.. u can chose not to.ill explain my reason for this as the post goes on..

Emeralds:

u receive some emerald each time u level up a champion.the amount increases with rank.. u level up a rank 4( 4 star champion) and u receive 50 Emeralds, leveling up a 5 star gives u 100 and 6 star gives 150 emeralds.. there are 2 points to be known here..

1. rank 1,2,3 dnt give much so u can sacrifice them without leveling them up

but u should always level up any 4 and 5 star,even if ur going to sacrifice them as they give a lot of emeralds

as u can see here i leveled up all 4 and 5 stars( rank 4 and 5) as they give 50 and 100 emeralds when leveled up....

so why not get those emeralds before sacrificing them ? actually there is a way u can receive these amounts twice.. 

lets go with a 5 star

when this 5 star leveled up it will give u 100 emeralds. 

now that u have received 100 emeralds,u can receive it again(twice).all u need to do is just enlighten it.

after enlighten u level it up again and u receive another 100 emeralds...

that's how u receive the reward emeralds twice... that easy...

based on what we have discussed so far:

u need to separate the champions that are of use to you,and the rest which will be used as material to be sacrificed and make the one used go higher in rank

a.iv locked the champions i use or are just too valuable to mistakenly sacrifice.. grade 4 and 5s (purple and oranges) even some blue ones (grade 3s) like beacon defense champions

b.as u go higher ull come to realize that aside from the champions u use or are just too valuable the rest are just material to be sacrificed. so it makes more sense to try and up to 5 star try leveling up only the ones that u come across pretty often ,namely gray ones(grade 1s), these will be ur building blocks.the picture below is just a coicidence that they all are cavaliers.any one star would do

as they were all grey (grade ones) u could also enlighten them easy and get emeralds twice as previously shown... now u can use them to upgrade and increase the rank of a good champion

the point here being always level and star useless ones u dnt use up to 5 star more,along the ones u want ,u 5 star a champion and get 100 emeralds,then enlighten it again and get another 100 emeralds.. u need 5 of 5 stars to sacrifice to increase the rank of a good one to 6.but u also get an extra 500 emeralds too this way...

Orbs : very important resource in game. some u receive ingame events or activities easier than others.some u have to buy. these have to be used carefully and with caution specially the rare ones. 

things to do and how to about orbs :

a. categorize the champions based on what u use the most , what u rarely use ,what can be useful but u just dnt get to use

first pls note that in the end it all comes down to each players game strategy but still, u have a fort offence champion in grade 5, very good champion yes ,this is ur only champion so u apply ur first 3 orbs on it.. i wouldnt do that ! id wait to apply it to a champion i use..or i wouldnt use it on BG champions to begin with ..thats alot of orbs wasted.unless iv already maxed my other champs

orbs provide lots of stat boost,no matter of their rarity

b.as u can see every orb counts so u need to be careful how and where u use them.so before u use them ,think about what champion u want more strong.save ur orbs even if u dnt have the one u want..its gonna be worth it...

Geists: these are material that make the effort u make lot less, 

here we will be discussing how to use them optimally, pls note that this is how i use them,others viewpoint might differ...

things u need to know b4 we start:

a. Geists can only be used with the champions of same color (grade) if not used for leveling up, the upside is that they are already maxed in level so u dnt put any effort in it to hunt undead and level it up to increase the rank

which can also be used later as material again

Doing these,using Geists will save u alot of time

please also note that higher Geists are not worth using as leveled up champion like formerly mentioned ones.they are only good to be sacrificed or used as a level up. namely grade 4 (purple Geists)

These geists shouldn't be used like the normal lower grade ones

Normal champion tournament : u want to be in a top ranking and just dnt know how ? its easy..

the higher the rank the more xp u receive.. up to the point a 6 star champion gives more than 1 mil xp points.. all u need to do is collect them and level up during XP tournament... i realize its hard to collect so many... but dnt worry as i said u can collect even 4 stars..  u level them up,then u increase the rank to 5 so u also get to level up that 5 star too, point here being the more high rank champions u have the more XP ull receive in tournaments..

u level up and get points,then u enlighten and level up again,that easy .. u can also help ur ranking by manually doing champs too..

treasure hunt champion tournament:

u receive one or more holy bond for certain in this event,some argue this one is not cost efficient or its not worth the recharges and emeralds used.im not gonna discuss that. just how to achieve the points u need to get those rewards...

no matter of rewards and no matter of how many bonds there are,there is one certain feature to them. yes they are mostly achieved by luck and a chance element is present to some extent, the certain feature is that with critical strikes ull always receive points..

all u need to do is set ur highest enlightened to a solo-hunt,the higher the better as it gets more chance to get a critical strike chance,here its an enlightened  grade 4(purple) so it has a 40% critical chance

pls note how many prizes iv collected in few short mins.here u can also set ur high rank(stars) to a group hunt (not leveled up ones) and use ur highest one manually..whatever floats ur boat.if its a solo hunt pls note that champion is already maxed so u dnt need to activate champion xp boosters.

that brings me to few last things u need to know about champions :

1. if its ur target to get XP (experience points) for ur champs,always activate ur boosts

2. always save ur epic and holy bonds for events. there are ingame events in which u receive a bonus chance to summon a better champion. in one u receive 2x chance to summon a grade 5 from a holy bond or if u open 3 bonds one will be a grade 5 for certain.. try to hold onto ur bonds for these events

if u had any questions let me know,

Regards,

fURY,

shtpatawn,

Good summary, thanks for posting the info.  Hopefully it will help out some new players!
Apr 18, 2020, 22:4404/18/20
07/12/19
Does the rarity of the gheist have any function other than providing more XP when sacrificed for it?
Apr 19, 2020, 23:0404/19/20
08/09/15

it can also be used as material to increase the rank.just like normal champion.

geists are just like champions in these aspects as shown in the tutorial pictures
Apr 21, 2020, 19:5304/21/20
11/11/16

fURY said:

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

Feel free to incorporate as much or as little of the above material into your guide as you like.

The screenshots are on my webspace, so you can link them in your post simply by right clicking them and grabbing the image address.  

these are all fine points,accurate in number but somehow incorrect in practical aspect

it seems to me that,ur trying to show that this is an aspect of the game that cant be done without paying real money or kinda pointing a finger to plarium..it even might be true but its something that needs to be done anyways

first,let me start with this,i try to use less numbers as they tend to confuse players.and its not really important in my opinion to be honest..

u need to walk 2 miles ... ur gonna have to walk it.. does it really matter to calculate how many steps u take ? ur gonna walk those 2 miles even if u calculate how many steps ur gonna take,how much calories u will burn and ETC.....

second, the game itself provides free auto-hunts almost every week now

third, players also receive some reward emeralds in tournament each week,not only that each hunt has a possibility of returning with a bond too which normally would have to be paid for with emeralds but also as the shrine goes higher u might receive holy bonds too which would have to be paid really money for too..

most always want to know the numbers, algorithms and  processes behind it so i always appreciate the helps in my tutorials

thank u

really? can you "find" HOLY constraints only by fighting the immortal? If yes, is there a statistic? (e.g. 1 per million attacks or something)

Apr 22, 2020, 19:5504/22/20
08/09/15

hello DEDE

if i understood  u correctly u want to know if there is an algorythm by which u can receive holy bond by attacking undead

no there isnt any,its all based on chance and percentages, still , u can always increase ur chance of getting a holy bond..

the stoneheart building shrine of summoning,increases ur chance 2x times...

so increase that building to max and just activate ur autohunts,its very likey to get holy bonds this way

Apr 22, 2020, 20:4604/22/20
11/11/16

fURY said:

hello DEDE

if i understood  u correctly u want to know if there is an algorythm by which u can receive holy bond by attacking undead

no there isnt any,its all based on chance and percentages, still , u can always increase ur chance of getting a holy bond..

so increase that building to max and just activate ur autohunts,its very likey to get holy bonds this way

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I wanted or know a percentage, but above all I wanted to know if it is truly possible to obtain sacred bonds ONLY fighting the immortal. Thank you. You replied

May 5, 2020, 16:2005/05/20
May 5, 2020, 16:24(edited)
02/20/17

Dede said:

fURY said:

hello DEDE

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I wanted or know a percentage, but above all I wanted to know if it is truly possible to obtain sacred bonds ONLY fighting the immortal. Thank you. You replied

There is no percentage known;some players  say 1 holy bond in about 7k attacks.. others say they get usual 1 holy in 1 week if they run champs all the time.The maximum i saw during a champ duel were 4 ;i won 4 holy in 3 days of champ duel after a month with no win.On the other hand i know a player who won a holy from 800 attacks even if it was his first ever champ hunting and he just started to upgrade champs..so there s no rule.The ONLY rule i m sure of is to PLAY your champs..sooner or later you willl get that holy bond.

May 11, 2020, 05:2805/11/20
08/09/15

Head Games said:

Thanks for this guide fURY, I also farm emeralds and bonds and use this method. I have shown others but they thought I was just a hoarder.  But you can see I have prepared for an orange champ to become lvl 6 in under 1 hour if I'm lucky enough to get one :)

You have validated my strategy, thanks..

showed others and they called u a hoarder ? 

ur doing something wrong ! 

1.knowledge is for people who appreciate it.u try to help and they call u a hoarder,ur associating with wrong others

2. i nvr care what those others think or say.i do this for people who need and want it.its the whole purpose of a tutorial

3. people who know,know and see ,the best and most logical way.others are just not able to or just cant
May 11, 2020, 13:2805/11/20
08/09/15

with new event for orbs its crucial to have 5 stars at hand

i'v got 20 at hand,and its not just 5 stars.i HOARD 4s too

see hoarding is good sometimes 
May 11, 2020, 15:2005/11/20
11/14/16

Yes also, the shrine of summoning is a key building and mine is at level 20. I maxed this first in SH, it's right there with Town Hall and House of Scrolls as far as Importance in upgrading.

This doubles your drop rate, I have 16 gold champs and have never bought 1 in an emerald pack, I only buy auto hunt.. You may have covered this in the guide fURY and I missed it.

May 11, 2020, 20:4805/11/20
11/14/16

fURY said:

showed others and they called u a hoarder ? 

ur doing something wrong ! 

1.knowledge is for people who appreciate it.u try to help and they call u a hoarder,ur associating with wrong others

I missed this, you are wrong. I associate with good people, but they lack the game knowledge you have and I lack the ability to explain so well. This is why I thanked you, because with this guide I can help my friends improve their game.

Thanks for sharing.
May 12, 2020, 09:4605/12/20
08/09/15

Head Games said:

fURY said:

I missed this, you are wrong. I associate with good people, but they lack the game knowledge you have and I lack the ability to explain so well. This is why I thanked you, because with this guide I can help my friends improve their game.

Thanks for sharing.

glad could be of help

no problem
Nov 10, 2020, 17:1111/10/20
08/10/16
Constantin Catalin

Dede said:

fURY said:

hello DEDE

There is no percentage known;some players  say 1 holy bond in about 7k attacks.. others say they get usual 1 holy in 1 week if they run champs all the time.The maximum i saw during a champ duel were 4 ;i won 4 holy in 3 days of champ duel after a month with no win.On the other hand i know a player who won a holy from 800 attacks even if it was his first ever champ hunting and he just started to upgrade champs..so there s no rule.The ONLY rule i m sure of is to PLAY your champs..sooner or later you willl get that holy bond.

Saludos Dede. No sé si todavía sigues activo en el juego, sin embargo pregunto y cualquier otro jugador me puede responder. Actualmente, cuántos puntos garantiza, para el evento Duelo de Campeón, colocar un campeon nivel 40 en caseria solitario?

Gracias por la colaboración que me puedan prestar.

Greetings Dede. I don't know if you're still active in the game, however I ask and any other player can help me with that. Currently, how many points does it guarantee, for the Duel of Champions event, to place a level 40 champion in solo hunting?

Thank you for your cooperation.