Balur`s Becon invasion tournament

Balur`s Becon invasion tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 25, 2023, 14:2104/25/23
11/12/16
Olenka

Thank you all for having reported this issue so quickly. The team is currently investigating and fixing it to ensure that the next Balur's Becon invasion tournament works smoothly for all the players. 😉

What about the one just ended? May I get a straight answers to my questions above?

Why  "team investigating and fixing" after the fact? I can't recall anything implemented by Plarium in a year or so that did not request multiple rounds of investigating and fixing. Any plans to improve testing of new events?

😠

Apr 25, 2023, 14:3504/25/23
Apr 25, 2023, 14:36(edited)
02/22/16

compensating for a non existent loss would be plain stupid also wouldn't it?

Apr 25, 2023, 14:4704/25/23
11/12/16

I did not ask to compensate losses. Leagues that opted out were forced to participate in a tourneyment. It is a sheer luck and exactly the reason why so many leagues did not participate that Plarium screwed DE and not a size of attacks. If we did participate we have to receive rewards. Do you see any pitfalls in my logic?

Please don't take personally "plain stupid", I did not mean it. It might be a better idea to post a link to Support for players to report losses as it usually done. Just a suggestion.

Apr 25, 2023, 15:1804/25/23
02/22/16
Vera

I did not ask to compensate losses. Leagues that opted out were forced to participate in a tourneyment. It is a sheer luck and exactly the reason why so many leagues did not participate that Plarium screwed DE and not a size of attacks. If we did participate we have to receive rewards. Do you see any pitfalls in my logic?

Please don't take personally "plain stupid", I did not mean it. It might be a better idea to post a link to Support for players to report losses as it usually done. Just a suggestion.

that has been done where a loss was reported 

Apr 25, 2023, 16:0404/25/23
11/12/16

Great! May I have answers to my questions now?

OlenkaAdmin
Apr 26, 2023, 15:0904/26/23
10/31/22
Vera

Great! May I have answers to my questions now?

All new events and featuers are tested before being launched. However, test and production envoronments differ, that is why, major issues can be only found when a feature or a new event is already released to players.  

Players, affected by the recent error can turn to our technical support team via this link to claim a compensation.

We greatly appreciate your cooperation.  

Apr 26, 2023, 18:4304/26/23
11/12/16
Olenka

All new events and featuers are tested before being launched. However, test and production envoronments differ, that is why, major issues can be only found when a feature or a new event is already released to players.  

Players, affected by the recent error can turn to our technical support team via this link to claim a compensation.

We greatly appreciate your cooperation.  

We all are dealing with hundreds of different pieces of software directly and indirectly every day. So if something is severely bugged time and time again a person doesn't need to be a programmer to come to a conclusion regarding quality of work/product supplied..... Hope it will get better. 

Few more things that I noticed:

Tourney description mentioned a 4 hour "attack window" and then a 4 hour break. My understanding (right or wrong) is that if a beacon was attacked on minute 1 of the attack window next attack will not happen for at least  8 hours+ (remaining time of "attack window" + 4-hour break). Beacons were attacked every 4 hours (for me: 4 am, 8am, noon, 4 pm and 8pm)

Only level 5 beacons were attacked (we do have few level ones). Description mention that a league has to have a beacon, not a level 5 beacon 

Apr 26, 2023, 18:4704/26/23
11/12/16

Just crossed my mind - can you imagine a flight control software finding "major issues" in production enviroment?😁

OlenkaAdmin
May 4, 2023, 09:0405/04/23
10/31/22
Vera

We all are dealing with hundreds of different pieces of software directly and indirectly every day. So if something is severely bugged time and time again a person doesn't need to be a programmer to come to a conclusion regarding quality of work/product supplied..... Hope it will get better. 

Few more things that I noticed:

Tourney description mentioned a 4 hour "attack window" and then a 4 hour break. My understanding (right or wrong) is that if a beacon was attacked on minute 1 of the attack window next attack will not happen for at least  8 hours+ (remaining time of "attack window" + 4-hour break). Beacons were attacked every 4 hours (for me: 4 am, 8am, noon, 4 pm and 8pm)

Only level 5 beacons were attacked (we do have few level ones). Description mention that a league has to have a beacon, not a level 5 beacon 

Yes, you are right; there is a 4-hour attack period and a 4-hour cool-down period after it. Also, beacons of all levels must be attacked during the attack period. If this situation reappears during the next event, please let us know about it via this link,  and the team will have a closer look at your case. 

BiohazarDModerator
May 5, 2023, 01:2005/05/23
10/04/13
Vera

No, but it was not a point.  We opted out, but were forced to participate ina tourney by Plarium. If we were forced to paricipate Plarium will force rewards on us, correct? Ah, yes and another round of sincere apologies.

Giggling: Would not it be plain st.upid to admit to losses to 16Mil attack on a level 5 beacon in a public forum? 

We did alright, had 500 mil defense on our beacons so the losses were minimal.  

XD