Plarium App

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2019, 23:5203/19/19
10/04/13
Boris Shevchenko said:

Lords, our devs are constantly working to improve the game application. I hope all the missing features will appear soon in the game. 

Stay tuned!
Cool, we'll keep an eye out for them. 
Mar 25, 2019, 21:5603/25/19
09/28/14

does the app require that i have flash player already downloaded on my computer to run the app?

if i have to buy a new computer, lets say january of 2021, will i be able to run the app?  i wont be able to download flashplayer from Adobe. 

im sure you can see where that may pose a problem after adobe disontinues flash. 
Mar 26, 2019, 04:1603/26/19
07/25/15

lost Account said:

does the app require that i have flash player already downloaded on my computer to run the app?

if i have to buy a new computer, lets say january of 2021, will i be able to run the app?  i wont be able to download flashplayer from Adobe. 

im sure you can see where that may pose a problem after adobe disontinues flash. 

The app is flashplayer at core. It's just wrapped in a "Plarium shell". When you run the Plarium app, you run flashplayer, simple as that. 
Mar 26, 2019, 12:5103/26/19
02/22/16

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Manual Cache delete is a pain for the App

Can someone remind me where to find it on my hard-drive?

Trying to play Stormfall: Rise of Balur (beta) and the game only appears in a small box (bug?)

It wasn't like this yesterday

http://prntscr.com/myhpkn

Only downloaded it to checkout the New Fortress

This is the new league fortress   http://prntscr.com/myhu35

Hope we get it soon on Age of War

Edit: Tried re-installing the App but it made no difference

Your cache delete will be in your Browsers history area and questions regarding ROB should be directed to this forum  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfallrob/ 

Mar 26, 2019, 18:5303/26/19
Mar 26, 2019, 18:58(edited)
11/04/15

Wesley Pringle said:

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Manual Cache delete is a pain for the App

Can someone remind me where to find it on my hard-drive?

Trying to play Stormfall: Rise of Balur (beta) and the game only appears in a small box (bug?)

It wasn't like this yesterday

http://prntscr.com/myhpkn

Only downloaded it to checkout the New Fortress

This is the new league fortress   http://prntscr.com/myhu35

Hope we get it soon on Age of War

Edit: Tried re-installing the App but it made no difference

Your cache delete will be in your Browsers history area and questions regarding ROB should be directed to this forum  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfallrob/ 

Wesley, the app does NOT use a browser, so how could the cache be stored in browser history?   

The cache is stored on our hard drive and must be manually deleted, but it can be a real pain to find it

AppData\Local\Plarium\PlariumPlay\PlariumPlay.exe

This is the best method to find it all

Right click on the Desktop Icon and select Properties

Then click Open File Location   http://prntscr.com/n3a6mn

Mar 26, 2019, 23:2503/26/19
Mar 26, 2019, 23:26(edited)
02/22/16

Ok no worries :)  Hahaha 

Mar 27, 2019, 17:3403/27/19
04/13/15
Just give them an official response and they'll go away. He makes an interesting case though.
Mar 28, 2019, 11:0503/28/19
03/05/19

Hi, guys! I should admit that it's possible to delete the cache in the game app. Here is an instruction:

Please find the "Plarium Games" application shortcut on your Desktop area >> right-click it >> click on the "Open file location" option >> delete the "Cache" folder in the opened location.

I hope this information will be useful. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 28, 2019, 14:4503/28/19
10/04/13
Boris Shevchenko said:

Hi, guys! I should admit that it's possible to delete the cache in the game app. Here is an instruction:

Please find the "Plarium Games" application shortcut on your Desktop area >> right-click it >> click on the "Open file location" option >> delete the "Cache" folder in the opened location.

I hope this information will be useful. 
I think they meant they want it as an option within the app itself (like a "clear cache" button).  But yeah, they can just go into the game files and delete it manually.  
Oct 3, 2019, 09:4810/03/19
Oct 3, 2019, 09:50(edited)
12/29/14

Boris Shevchenko said:

Zapelo said:

Todays Ingame news

My Lords and Ladies,

Good news! You can now benefit from faster movement speed by playing on the Plarium Play Desktop Application. You'll also get a Special Plarium Play Pack the first time you open it, so what are you waiting for? 

Simply download Plarium Play! 

Make your mark and prove your mettle on Plarium Play. 

Lord Oberon 

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available for Mac and Windows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is how can i do that on linux?

Since this game being a browser flash game was OS agnostic everyone who can run flash can play.  

Now it looks like you are excluding certain number of players that played for a long time.  

I know you will say you can still play in the browser. The problem is support for flash in browser is going slowly away.

You would think that a company that "cares" for it's customers would develop a cross platform solution.

Or will i have to use my time and develop a solution that will work on linux too?

Have you ever heard of Electron? I'm sure some of your team use VS Code, Slack or Discord. Just giving you some examples 

Hello, Zapelo. Thank you for this question. Unfortunately, we don't have so many players that are using Linux OS. That's why we have a game app only for Windows and Mac OS. 

It would be great if we had a game application version for Linux but this requires a lot of work of our developers. Currently, the have a huge list to-do for other game features and improvements. So, most likely the game app version for Linux won't be released. 

Hope for your understanding. 

I think you'll find there are more users using Linux than you may think. Once flash support is abandoned you may well lose a lot of revenue, unless you find a workaround for linux users... Why not make a port of your plarium play app for linux?
Oct 3, 2019, 22:1110/03/19
09/22/16

Boris Shevchenko said:

It would be great if we had a game application version for Linux but this requires a lot of work of our developers. Currently, the have a huge list to-do for other game features and improvements. So, most likely the game app version for Linux won't be released. 

Err ... No!!

You already have a Mac version. A linux version will use exactly the same source code - so no extra coding is required. All that you would need to do is compile the same (Mac) source code on a linux machine - a few minutes, perhaps?

Moreover if you compile on a 32-bit machine the resulting binaries will work just as well on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines... 2 for one!

To reduce workload even further.. wrap up the binaries in a stand-alone tarball that way it becomes universal - no need to mess about with rpm's or apt's.. and the cherry on top of the icing on the cake is it'll work on chromebooks too (chrome OS is linux).

One size fits all... might be an idea to compile simultaneously on Mac and Linux... save time 
Oct 3, 2019, 23:0810/03/19
11/26/15
what he said! :)
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 7, 2019, 21:5910/07/19
10/04/13
Tids said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

Err ... No!!

You already have a Mac version. A linux version will use exactly the same source code - so no extra coding is required. All that you would need to do is compile the same (Mac) source code on a linux machine - a few minutes, perhaps?

Moreover if you compile on a 32-bit machine the resulting binaries will work just as well on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines... 2 for one!

To reduce workload even further.. wrap up the binaries in a stand-alone tarball that way it becomes universal - no need to mess about with rpm's or apt's.. and the cherry on top of the icing on the cake is it'll work on chromebooks too (chrome OS is linux).

One size fits all... might be an idea to compile simultaneously on Mac and Linux... save time 
Sounds like a good plan.