Plarium App

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 4, 2019, 14:2503/04/19
05/10/14

Plarium App

Todays Ingame news

My Lords and Ladies,

Good news! You can now benefit from faster movement speed by playing on the Plarium Play Desktop Application. You'll also get a Special Plarium Play Pack the first time you open it, so what are you waiting for? 

Simply download Plarium Play! 

Make your mark and prove your mettle on Plarium Play. 

Lord Oberon 

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available for Mac and Windows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is how can i do that on linux?

Since this game being a browser flash game was OS agnostic everyone who can run flash can play.  

Now it looks like you are excluding certain number of players that played for a long time.  

I know you will say you can still play in the browser. The problem is support for flash in browser is going slowly away.

You would think that a company that "cares" for it's customers would develop a cross platform solution.

Or will i have to use my time and develop a solution that will work on linux too?

Have you ever heard of Electron? I'm sure some of your team use VS Code, Slack or Discord. Just giving you some examples 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 5, 2019, 10:2703/05/19
07/26/15
Hi there Lord Zapelo, it has been a long time since I have used Linux so only asking, can you still run windows in a window of the Linux operating system as this would solve your problem
Mar 7, 2019, 11:4503/07/19
03/05/19

Zapelo said:

Todays Ingame news

My Lords and Ladies,

Good news! You can now benefit from faster movement speed by playing on the Plarium Play Desktop Application. You'll also get a Special Plarium Play Pack the first time you open it, so what are you waiting for? 

Lord Oberon 

Since this game being a browser flash game was OS agnostic everyone who can run flash can play.  

Now it looks like you are excluding certain number of players that played for a long time.  

I know you will say you can still play in the browser. The problem is support for flash in browser is going slowly away.

You would think that a company that "cares" for it's customers would develop a cross platform solution.

Or will i have to use my time and develop a solution that will work on linux too?

Have you ever heard of Electron? I'm sure some of your team use VS Code, Slack or Discord. Just giving you some examples 

Hello, Zapelo. Thank you for this question. Unfortunately, we don't have so many players that are using Linux OS. That's why we have a game app only for Windows and Mac OS. 

It would be great if we had a game application version for Linux but this requires a lot of work of our developers. Currently, the have a huge list to-do for other game features and improvements. So, most likely the game app version for Linux won't be released. 

Hope for your understanding. 

Mar 8, 2019, 00:4303/08/19
08/21/14
Zapelo said:

Todays Ingame news

My Lords and Ladies,

Lord Oberon 

The plarium app is also flash based.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 9, 2019, 19:5303/09/19
10/04/13
Christine Hare said:

Hi there Lord Zapelo, it has been a long time since I have used Linux so only asking, can you still run windows in a window of the Linux operating system as this would solve your problem
If nothing else he could just run it on a vm. 
Mar 11, 2019, 12:5103/11/19
02/20/17

The browser versions of Throne and Rise of Balur do not seem to be flash based, on chrome or plarium desktop app

Would love to know what systems they are using
Mar 11, 2019, 14:1803/11/19
03/05/19
Stiletto said:

The browser versions of Throne and Rise of Balur do not seem to be flash based, on chrome or plarium desktop app

Hi, Stiletto. All our games are working on Flash Engine. We decided to abandon using WebGL. 
Mar 13, 2019, 00:1903/13/19
07/25/15

Boris Shevchenko said:

Stiletto said:

Hi, Stiletto. All our games are working on Flash Engine. We decided to abandon using WebGL. 

Then the big question; As you abandoned WebGL, what is the solution being worked on for when flashplayer get discontinued?. Will the games just be abandoned? Or are we supposed to keep play games that will be left with big security holes as time go on? Because not like flashplayer suffered from a multitude of critical security issues over time. 

It's about time Plarium give us a clear answer on the future, because the clock is ticking. 
Mar 13, 2019, 06:3803/13/19
Mar 13, 2019, 23:02(edited)
09/29/16

Gadheras, heya buddy. Good to see you back.

As I see it, Flash being nooked is not the issue, but major web browsers will discontinue providing security updates for Flash - as Firefox had already done months ago.

Plarium games will never be discontinued. Aristocrat bosses would have to go see a shrink if they do that.

Plarium Play App is the back-up and future of the game, but devs have been doing a poor job of getting app working properly. 

Most likely because devs were too busy nerfing emerald rewards, etc. and spending time on how to make more $$ instead of fixing game issues we have long been trying to get some awareness to. It seems more features are being added every couple of months to increase game revenue, instead of dealing with issues to increase player retention.

Quite sad really.
Mar 13, 2019, 07:3003/13/19
07/25/15

Jaywalker said:

Gadheras, heya buddy. Good to see you back.

As I see it, Flash being nooked is not the issue, but major web browsers will discontinue providing security updates for Flash - as Firefox had already done months ago.

Plarium games will never be discontinued. Aristocrat bosses would have to go see a shrink if they do that.

Plarium Play App is the back-up and future of the game, but devs have been doing a p!ss poor job of getting app working properly. 

Most likely because devs were too busy nerfing emerald rewards, etc. and spending time on how to make more $$ instead of fixing game issues we have long been trying to get some awareness to. It seems more features are being added every couple of months to increase game revenue, instead of dealing with issues to increase player retention.

Quite sad really.

It's not web browsers that been providing security updates for flash. It's Adobe, or "Adobe Systems Macromedia FutureWave" for full. Web browers have been phased out support for flash in the browsers in great deal due to security issues. Hate to disappoint you, but unless Plarium buy the actual flashplayer engine with source code and all from Adobe. Their Plarium App means nothing at all. It's even highly doubtful such as Facebook will keep host games based on flashplayer either. They had enough bad reputation over security issues and such, don't think they want to add more to that. To put it in simple terms, Plarium's App is just a stand alone  browser module that play flash. 

I think the players deserve a clear answer about the future, before they keep spend any more money on this venture. 

Oh, and it's not the devs that is focused on slash rewards and make more money. They just employee's in the company. They do as they get instructed. Most game companies these days that have "games as a service" (such a bad term), have own employee's, or consultants that just focus on monetizing aspects of games. It was in the old days we had phrases such as "games for gamers, by gamers". These days its the man up stairs and his board that set the direction. And it's all about make the money, not about make good games. If you look at the "big boys" in the industry such as Electronic Arts and Activision, they are taking a solid beating by the players saying "enough is enough", which also reflect on their share values. Even though we kinda all players. Players of these "so called" social games is in a different category and this rebellion is more like just people quit playing and fade away rather than get loud (well, except for a few :p).

Mar 13, 2019, 12:1703/13/19
07/26/15
please remember everyone to stay on topic, all of these comments are related to plarium play app, but the original post asks how to get it to work with linux so he can play stormfall  
Mar 13, 2019, 16:1803/13/19
11/04/15

Boris Shevchenko said:

Stiletto said:

I'm finding this answer to be a bit confusing

This is Throne: Kingdom at War on the plarium.com server running on Google Chrome Browser

http://prntscr.com/mxe1u9

Flashplayer is blocked (by default) so how is it possible that all games are working on Flash Engine?

I need to manually unblock flash to play Stormfall etc, but not with Throne, so what is different?

Mar 13, 2019, 16:2803/13/19
Mar 13, 2019, 16:50(edited)
11/04/15

Christine Hare said:

please remember everyone to stay on topic, all of these comments are related to plarium play app, but the original post asks how to get it to work with linux so he can play stormfall  

These questions are all on-topic because Zapello was hoping Linux on Plarium App would not require Flashplayer

"My question is how can i do that on linux?
You would think that a company that "cares" for it's customers would develop a cross platform solution."

There are Linux alternatives to Flash - http://prntscr.com/mxelog

Mar 13, 2019, 18:1803/13/19
07/25/15

Inigo Montoya said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

Stiletto said:

This is Throne: Kingdom at War on the plarium.com server running on Google Chrome Browser

Flashplayer is blocked (by default) so how is it possible that all games are working on Flash Engine?

I need to manually unblock flash to play Stormfall etc, but not with Throne, so what is different?

Well, I tried it, and yeah it use flash. I have flash blocked by default as well. But as long as I did allow for Stormfall to run flash earlier, I didn't have to allow for this to run now. If I rebooted (or restarted Chrome), I'm quite sure I would get a pop up with "do you allow flash" if I went straight to try load this game. Which btw is just the same old pig just with different paint slapped on it. 
Mar 14, 2019, 12:2803/14/19
03/05/19
Lords, I should admit that our developers strongly recommend using game application for playing the game. In most cases, it works better than browser version of the game. 
Mar 15, 2019, 09:0103/15/19
09/29/16

Boris Shevchenko said:

Lords, I should admit that our developers strongly recommend using game application for playing the game. In most cases, it works better than browser version of the game. 

Can we then please have faster updates on basic issues for the AP such as:

1. Adding friend request notifications

2. Adding Refresh button

3. Adding multiple account logins

This is not hard stuff. App IS way better in speed and issues, but most of my league doesn't know they have received friend requests. Every reset - and whenever anything else happens -  I have to close app and reload it (or go back and reload). And have to retype logins each time.

This is not required in browsers and slows down game play and satisfaction. This should have been a DEV PRIORITY months ago!

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 15, 2019, 14:2003/15/19
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

Stiletto said:

Well, I tried it, and yeah it use flash. I have flash blocked by default as well. But as long as I did allow for Stormfall to run flash earlier, I didn't have to allow for this to run now. If I rebooted (or restarted Chrome), I'm quite sure I would get a pop up with "do you allow flash" if I went straight to try load this game. Which btw is just the same old pig just with different paint slapped on it. 
Wait do you just leave chrome running all the time?  It's important to restart it occasionally, as this is when it applies updates including fixes for security related stuff.  
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 15, 2019, 14:2103/15/19
10/04/13
Jaywalker said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

2. Adding Refresh button

This is not hard stuff. App IS way better in speed and issues, but most of my league doesn't know they have received friend requests. Every reset - and whenever anything else happens -  I have to close app and reload it (or go back and reload). And have to retype logins each time.

This is not required in browsers and slows down game play and satisfaction. This should have been a DEV PRIORITY months ago!

Plarium doesn't really want people running multiple accounts, that's why that feature is not included.  It's not against the rules anymore, but they'd still prefer that you didn't.  
Mar 15, 2019, 15:0303/15/19
07/25/15

Jaywalker said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

2. Adding Refresh button

Or you download a stand alone flashplayer from adobe. Then get someone tech savey to make some scripts and a simple UI  for you, and you have your own app :p

I don't really expect Plarium to put to much effort into this "app", when we are playing a dying breed of games they have given us no real assurance will be here in the future. As CM said above they scrapped WebGL, and we heard nothing about any other alternatives.All we know for certain is flash is on a doomsday clock and ticking down fast. A "flashplayer" app have as little future and purpose as games based on flash itself. 

Mar 15, 2019, 21:5403/15/19
Mar 15, 2019, 22:35(edited)
02/02/17

Manual Cache delete is a pain for the App

Can someone remind me where to find it on my hard-drive?

Trying to play Stormfall: Rise of Balur (beta) and the game only appears in a small box (bug?)

It wasn't like this yesterday

http://prntscr.com/myhpkn

Only downloaded it to checkout the New Fortress

This is the new league fortress   http://prntscr.com/myhu35

Hope we get it soon on Age of War

Edit: Tried re-installing the App but it made no difference

Mar 18, 2019, 10:3903/18/19
03/05/19

Lords, our devs are constantly working to improve the game application. I hope all the missing features will appear soon in the game. 

Stay tuned!