Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 18, 2019, 11:4802/18/19
Feb 18, 2019, 11:50(edited)
11/04/15

Stormfall said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

If you're not buying the holy bond or orb packages, then why are you spending so much time and effort trying to win holy bonds in the champion XP tournament?
Because grade V gives 52.3% bonus even without enlightenment or orbs? What are you arguing here? That grade V is useless unless you spend money upgrading it? You know you can apply that logic to every aspect of this game? Your dragons are worse than coiners dragons. Why do you bother getting them?

Who said anything about dragons?

All I got from my free holy bond was a purple phantom

I would never waste time or money tying to get another holy bond, nor will I waste any more time clicking to upgrade my current champions, 
and will be dumping my free Hunt Item unused

Feb 20, 2019, 12:5802/20/19
07/26/15

DJ Moody, sorry you did factor in the double xp boosts, however as Biohazard said,  I wasn't dissagreeing with you,  the hunt is worth it but only if you have many energy orbs saved up, double xp boosters saved up and also a lot of 4 star champs ready to xp up during a champ solo tourney, it saves so much clicking and yes you do gain more emeralds that way in the group hunt.

Now, your chart is also correct if say I was to start from scratch with no orbs, level 1, 2 and 3 star champs, no double xp boosters either, if I was to use the hunt to do that I would need to coin a lot just to have the emeralds to keep the hunt going to get these champs xp up to take them to their next lot of stars

Aegon, I do it because of the other champ types I want, I have a grade V beacon defense champ, most of the others in grade IV, now I upgrade these because they add more hitpoints to my offense and defense troops I use for fighting and defending with, I have good bg champs too, they are very handy for doing a lot of yellowing when filling up my bg bank, the spy champ is worth it for me too, almost all of my good champs I have gained without buying them, last holy scroll I bought was 1 for 50 dollars and guess what, it was a hamlet defense grade IV so im kinda over wasting money on holy scrolls lol
Feb 20, 2019, 21:5902/20/19
08/21/14
Stormfall said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

If you're not buying the holy bond or orb packages, then why are you spending so much time and effort trying to win holy bonds in the champion XP tournament?
Because grade V gives 52.3% bonus even without enlightenment or orbs? What are you arguing here? That grade V is useless unless you spend money upgrading it? You know you can apply that logic to every aspect of this game? Your dragons are worse than coiners dragons. Why do you bother getting them?
I do hope you're kidding.   Adding troops to the ovens and sending troops to the BGs to get dragons takes about 3 minutes of my time.  Trying to place in the top 3 of the champ XP tournament takes hours of time and a ton of clicking....all for a small chance at an orange you can not upgrade.
Feb 21, 2019, 12:5302/21/19
Feb 22, 2019, 18:05(edited)
02/22/16

Edited to correct my Moderation input

All I will say is I disagree with your prognosis. (that is My opinion is all)

If some players weren't Paying you wouldn't be Playing  as Plarium wouldn't of lasted as long as it has if not for the money generated by those that do pay to gain an advantage

Feb 21, 2019, 14:1602/21/19
04/13/15
I already quit playing with my champs, if they return it back to how it was i'll restart again. Other than that when they're gathering their statistics to what you're clicking, they don't see any champ clicks from me :) and the advantage and bonus they get from it is way too great, but I assume not too many people have the upper advantage, so it might not matter.
Feb 22, 2019, 15:4702/22/19
02/29/16

djmoody said:

Wesley Pringle said:

and to great (Boring extent) 

I would assume that you of all people were well acquainted with rules 1.2 b) c)

no personal insults.....don't post inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

The above isn't a biggie (I have had far worse here). I have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me. 

I wouldn't normally mention this stuff but when members are being held to ridiculously high standards, if the mods don't live up to those standards as well it's a bit of a piss take. Personally I would be all for more tolerance on all sides but if we go down the route we are being dragged down it has got to be one rule for all.

Hello!

Moderators' replies are checked as well. Wesley corrected this comment already.

Thanks!
Feb 23, 2019, 00:4202/23/19
05/24/16
Okay - I tried this feature and now I find I have a bunch of my Champions stuck in limbo. Hunt is "completed" yet the Champs remain locked up showing that little boot with the arrows. Are they gone for good or is there some way to get out of this? HELP!    
Feb 23, 2019, 00:4302/23/19
08/21/14

Wesley Pringle said:

Edited to correct my Moderation input

All I will say is I disagree with your prognosis. (that is My opinion is all)

If some players weren't Paying you wouldn't be Playing  as Plarium wouldn't of lasted as long as it has if not for the money generated by those that do pay to gain an advantage

Paying to save time and to get to a high status quicker is one thing.  Paying to achieve a status that nonpayers can never obtain, no matter how much time they put in, is completely different.

Plarium would have lasted just as long if the game was balanced, and likely longer than it will now.   I'd say create a sub server without packages and see what happens, but with the browser version unlikely to make it past 2020, its probably not worth it at this point.

Feb 23, 2019, 00:5802/23/19
02/22/16
I plan on Playing into 2021 and on
Feb 24, 2019, 23:4902/24/19
08/21/14

Wesley Pringle said:

I plan on Playing into 2021 and on

Good luck with that.  The frequent releases of high coining and gameplay killing updates, combined with a complete failure to produce a post Flash version that works tells me that the devs have given up on a browser version of SF past the end of Flash.

While there is still time for them to produce a working browser version post Flash, player activity is way low and showing no signs of increasing.

IMO, the only reason the devs added force limits to beacons and made a few improvements were an attempt to keep their coiners around and spending longer...hoping they'll stay until Flash dies.   I could be wrong, but I've seen nothing to change my perspective on the browser version.
Feb 25, 2019, 15:0902/25/19
Feb 25, 2019, 15:40(edited)
01/10/17

Not sure how this  got to be about Mythical Gameplay killing updates  and made up scenarios of a Post Flashplayer shut down that I truly doubt will happen. Or Even force limits to Beacons .   But I guess one Cheese and Crackers Comment will always lead to another. 

After all it all becomes a continuous towel soaker about how somebody has more than I do 

As for the topic  Undead hunts - not for me 

I say it's not for me now.  

But it's a possible future option when I'm ready for it 

and when I am ready for it  will be Awesome !!!

My advice don't attempt more than you can do it will always leave you unsatisfied. 

And if you can't afford to Compete in every event then take the time to gather enough of what you need to make your mark when you can. 

Feb 27, 2019, 00:2302/27/19
08/21/14

CertainDeath said:

Not sure how this  got to be about Mythical Gameplay killing updates  and made up scenarios of a Post Flashplayer shut down that I truly doubt will happen. Or Even force limits to Beacons .   But I guess one Cheese and Crackers Comment will always lead to another. 

After all it all becomes a continuous towel soaker about how somebody has more than I do 

As for the topic  Undead hunts - not for me 

I say it's not for me now.  

But it's a possible future option when I'm ready for it 

and when I am ready for it  will be Awesome !!!

My advice don't attempt more than you can do it will always leave you unsatisfied. 

And if you can't afford to Compete in every event then take the time to gather enough of what you need to make your mark when you can. 

You're right about mythical gameplay killing updates.  Gameplay in SF was destroyed long ago.  The updates in the past year, no matter how destructive to 'gameplay', simply can not kill that which is already dead.

I don't even remember when the last update was that added gameplay.   Its been years.   Nothing but farmville updates.

Btw, do you assume that all negative comments about coining updates and severe unbalance come from noncoiners?
Feb 27, 2019, 02:2802/27/19
01/10/17

yeah ok what ever I guess people just never get tired of wanting I just take what I get :)

Have a good Game  ya'll
Feb 27, 2019, 02:3102/27/19
Feb 27, 2019, 02:32(edited)
01/10/17

I don't think the sky is falling 

Feb 28, 2019, 10:3902/28/19
02/29/16

Fritz said:

During the xp champion tourney(ended today) i activated first time champion hunting;i must say i LOVE IT!!Very nice script which helped me to win the tourney despite i was totally not prepared to attack top 3 score.I started with 25 champs rank 2,few of rank 3 and few bigger!I absolutely love this tool because he worked for me in night and kept up my score.What i love the most is while hunting runs you still can upgrade other champions.It s true he upgrades champions one by one while if i click i usually send 5-6 champions at once but its a very useful tool.

Hello ;)

Happy to hear you discovered the advantage of this Item  I agree during the Tournament it helps a lot!
Feb 28, 2019, 10:4502/28/19
02/29/16

linent said:

Okay - I tried this feature and now I find I have a bunch of my Champions stuck in limbo. Hunt is "completed" yet the Champs remain locked up showing that little boot with the arrows. Are they gone for good or is there some way to get out of this? HELP!    

Hello!

You just need to finish the Hunt to get your Champions returned to the Castle.
Feb 28, 2019, 11:0102/28/19
02/29/16

Regarding Flash Player, yes, we know it will be closed till the end of 2020.

No, we're not going to close the games because of it.

The fact devs closed WebGL project doesn't mean they're not working on plan B. They do.

Once we're ready to tell more details about it, we will definitely do.
Feb 28, 2019, 11:0602/28/19
02/29/16

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Fritz said:

During the xp champion tourney(ended today) i activated first time champion hunting;i must say i LOVE IT!!Very nice script which helped me to win the tourney despite i was totally not prepared to attack top 3 score.I started with 25 champs rank 2,few of rank 3 and few bigger!I absolutely love this tool because he worked for me in night and kept up my score.What i love the most is while hunting runs you still can upgrade other champions.It s true he upgrades champions one by one while if i click i usually send 5-6 champions at once but its a very useful tool.

Hello ;)

Happy to hear you discovered the advantage of this Item  I agree during the Tournament it helps a lot!

Yes its very nearly an extremely good update.

The people that want to spend money can buy an advantage and avoid all clicking if they want to.

Had you not nerfed the rewards for ALL training and effectively put champions content behind a paywall then you would have introduced one your first pieces of content that raised revenue but didn't introduce an advantage that a dedicated player willing to spend enough time couldn't overcome.

This could have been a shining example of how to make money without ruining and unbalancing a game.

DJmoody, Сhampions are not put behind a paywall.

You still can do the same actions as before the reward change. As for Hunt, it will be added as reward to the Tournaments and even if you don't use the in-game purchases, you will be able to use it.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 1, 2019, 06:2903/01/19
10/04/13
linent said:

Try refreshing the game.  If that doesn't work submit a bug report and support will look into it. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 1, 2019, 06:3103/01/19
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

DJmoody, Сhampions are not put behind a paywall.

Would you care to explain how that can be true.

The emerald cost of training a champ due to the reward nerfing:

(if you tell us the free energy drop rate I will add that into the analysis).

And the amount of time it would take to train champs with free recharged energy, if the game even lasted long enough for it to be possible. Totally disingenuous to make any claims on this basis, assuming that's what you are trying to do.

If any of the numbers are wrong feel free to point them out (or provide your own).

We don't just make this stuff up for fun you know.

You still can do the same actions as before the reward change.

This is simply not true. You could train champs as long and as hard as you liked at any time of your choosing. The champ training was emerald positive - the rewards self funded the cost of the recharges needed to keep training.

Now training champs depletes emeralds so you can't do any of that.

Yep, you'll quickly run out of emeralds and have to either buy more with $ or stop training.