All Categories

New Download

New Download

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 25, 2018, 22:3110/25/18
08/21/14

The app is better than Internet Explorer, but I find Firefox better than the app.

Why would using the app stop me from logging in from different computers?

The app won't work after 2020 anyway.
Oct 26, 2018, 17:0510/26/18
Oct 26, 2018, 17:08(edited)
12/13/14

Aegon Targaryen said:

The app is better than Internet Explorer, but I find Firefox better than the app.

Downloading the App should not prevent you from using your normal favourite browser

I use both

My problem with the App is being forced to quit the game and re-enter because there is no refresh button

Considering the number of times we need to refresh it should have been the first thing they added
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 26, 2018, 20:4410/26/18
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Bummer66 said:

All apps can be used to spy on you. They are about force  the App on everyone, so get used to it. It makes it easier for them.  The minute I saw the App I cringed :). I use it and it works ok, just say good bye to logging in from different computers.
Maybe, but not all apps want to reward you for no other reason than use it, making it a bit suspect. Also if they don't want people to login to the game from more than one computer that would be like shoot themselves in the head. People tend to login from work, school, on the way to and from... etc. 
Meh it's not like giving us a bit of free reward stuff for using the app costs them anything.  Maybe it's a bit easier on their servers if people connect from the app than from a browser or something, and that's why they're trying to motivate people to use it. 
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 26, 2018, 20:4710/26/18
10/04/13
Aegon Targaryen said:

I didn't realize anyone still used Internet Explorer lol.  That browser needed to be taken out behind the shed around 2012...
Oct 26, 2018, 21:0610/26/18
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Bummer66 said:

All apps can be used to spy on you. They are about force  the App on everyone, so get used to it. It makes it easier for them.  The minute I saw the App I cringed :). I use it and it works ok, just say good bye to logging in from different computers.
Maybe, but not all apps want to reward you for no other reason than use it, making it a bit suspect. Also if they don't want people to login to the game from more than one computer that would be like shoot themselves in the head. People tend to login from work, school, on the way to and from... etc. 
Meh it's not like giving us a bit of free reward stuff for using the app costs them anything.  Maybe it's a bit easier on their servers if people connect from the app than from a browser or something, and that's why they're trying to motivate people to use it. 
How the heck should that be any easier on the server`Flashplayer is flashplayer regardless how you wrap it. Rewarding players to use it, while at same time working on a new engine that will make it obsolete.. It just doesn't make sense. Thats why the "paranoid" in me, start wonder if the thing does something else we don't know about, and based on that, I won't touch the damn thing. 
Oct 27, 2018, 03:5910/27/18
08/21/14

BiohazarD said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I didn't realize anyone still used Internet Explorer lol.  That browser needed to be taken out behind the shed around 2012...

One of my computers has a bad fan on its graphics card.  Until I can replace it, I have to use IE on it for some things.  Using Firefox on it causes the monitor to shut down after a few minutes when doing almost anything beyond surfing.   IE is so slow that it can handle Plarium without heating up the video card.

IE can still have a use, albeit a temporary one.
Oct 30, 2018, 13:2810/30/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

Snowgoon said:

The new 21 day reward for using this Desktop App is nowhere near as good as the original 5 Day login which was recently introduced

http://prntscr.com/l6swdm

Typical that we should be given a diluted reward to that which was given to other games

SF 5 Day Login - http://prntscr.com/kxecpm - http://prntscr.com/kxedbt
Free Loyalty Pack - https://prnt.sc/jfehah
Day 1 - https://prnt.sc/jfei1a
Day 3-5 - http://prntscr.com/jfidvb

wow - our reward suck by comparison :(

I can't think if any reason why they would do that to us?
Those are some pretty nice rewards.  It may be that the person who took those screenshots is in the VIP program and gets extra loyalty bonuses though, it might not just be based on which game they're on. 

The 5 day login for the Pirate game was much better than our 21 day login, but not as good as these screenshots

I have tried doing some research and think the big 5 day rewards were introduced for a few players as a tester ... and we were told devs were considering extending it to all .... which means zilch
I did get them myself on one server, but this was after an extended absence as a Welcome Back gift

I wonder what happens on plarium app if we fail to login for a day or two - do we lose everything?

Hello!

You might know that this Free gift pack for downloading Plarium Play was first introduced on Pirates.

It was 5 days long.

After about 2 months our analyst checked how many players downloaded the application and started to play there. 

Based on these results, they decided to prolong these everyday login rewards from 5 to 21 days and it's 21 days in all games now.

Plus, if you miss days of login, you won't lose the reward: https://www.screencast.com/t/zplyEoWgex

So, exactly why does players that make use of this download, get rewarded for using it? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but if a player use x browser of choice or this download, they play the game still the same. So why the need to reward one over the other for use it? Then I get very sceptical of what the application do that I don't see. Does it collect metrics of any sort and send back home, or register any other kind of data? Kinda feel like some tech savy person should decompile it and take a look at the code. 

The only reason why this gift is added to Plarium Play is that devs are focused on the application's promotion. Why? Because the game works more smoothly there as it's not influenced by the browser's settings and version.  

They don't need your personal data and they don't gather any metrics for sure.
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 21, 2018, 18:4011/21/18
10/04/13
Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

That is the best spam advertising I have ever seen. Actually written in meaningful English and adds on a to a thread which is about the topic the product delivers on. Top quality work there.
Unfortunately it's still spam advertising though. 
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 21, 2018, 18:4111/21/18
10/04/13
Aegon Targaryen said:

BiohazarD said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

One of my computers has a bad fan on its graphics card.  Until I can replace it, I have to use IE on it for some things.  Using Firefox on it causes the monitor to shut down after a few minutes when doing almost anything beyond surfing.   IE is so slow that it can handle Plarium without heating up the video card.

IE can still have a use, albeit a temporary one.
Ahh, that's unfortunate.  Best of luck with your zombie computer :)