Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 30, 2018, 14:0508/30/18
02/29/16
Almericus said:

How can you call this an app?

Its just a stripped down browser
For me, it's application as you need to download it.
Aug 31, 2018, 05:1008/31/18
08/21/14
SF seems to run better on Firefox than the app, at least to me.   I'm hearing that the app is still flash based.  Is this true?  If so, what was the point?
Aug 31, 2018, 20:4508/31/18
08/21/14

I'm guessing the app was created to give them extra time to get a working alternative.   Flash is not scheduled for burial until December 2020 if I remember correctly.  Most browsers from what I've read will have stopped support long before then.   If Plarium doesn't get the new engine ready by the time the last decent browser drops Flash support for good, and I've not come across any information yet that leads me to believe that they will, the app will probably be the only way to access Stormfall in 2020.

I wonder if their problems stem not from getting a working engine, but getting the engine to accept the current player data for carryover.  It won't surprise me if they one day come out and say SF will continue, but will require a complete wipe.
Aug 31, 2018, 21:1508/31/18
08/21/14
roadstar Pitbull said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I'm guessing the app was created to give them extra time to get a working alternative.   Flash is not scheduled for burial until December 2020 if I remember correctly.  Most browsers from what I've read will have stopped support long before then.   If Plarium doesn't get the new engine ready by the time the last decent browser drops Flash support for good, and I've not come across any information yet that leads me to believe that they will, the app will probably be the only way to access Stormfall in 2020.

I wonder if their problems stem not from getting a working engine, but getting the engine to accept the current player data for carryover.  It won't surprise me if they one day come out and say SF will continue, but will require a complete wipe.

I offer a different opinion on the last part, you will be given some sort of 'bonus' incentive to start on the mobile version. The browser will die off.

After all that the is the focus of the parent company.
Yeah, I can definitely see Plarium doing that.  I can't imagine any incentive grand enough to entice me to go mobile, but I'm sure many will if they havne't all ready.
Sep 2, 2018, 02:4809/02/18
Sep 2, 2018, 02:49(edited)
09/20/15
If they don’t fix the problem with the Download button blocking your ability to do anything on mobile devices like iPad therecwon’t be a point in playing SF at all! I am about to give up playing on browswer as well. Download the App but it didnt load faster or play smoother just the same. Just another way to bilk money out of us I am so donecwith Plarium,
Sep 3, 2018, 14:2809/03/18
02/29/16

Lady Chill said:

If they don’t fix the problem with the Download button blocking your ability to do anything on mobile devices like iPad therecwon’t be a point in playing SF at all! I am about to give up playing on browswer as well. Download the App but it didnt load faster or play smoother just the same. Just another way to bilk money out of us I am so donecwith Plarium,

The thing is that our browser games are not optimized for Puffin (browser you most likely use on iPad) at all. But we forward feedback about pop-up to devs. They will check it out and fix if possible.

Sep 3, 2018, 14:3109/03/18
02/29/16

Plarium App is flash based and we don't plan to use it as an escape from Flash sunset in 2020. It's used as for some players game in application runs faster and smoother than via browser.

We still plan to move browser version of SF to a new engine as it's currently being done for Sparta.
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 5, 2018, 10:4009/05/18
10/04/13

Aegon Targaryen said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I offer a different opinion on the last part, you will be given some sort of 'bonus' incentive to start on the mobile version. The browser will die off.

Yeah, I can definitely see Plarium doing that.  I can't imagine any incentive grand enough to entice me to go mobile, but I'm sure many will if they havne't all ready.

Not even for... A free 300 food pack per week?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 5, 2018, 14:1209/05/18
12/13/14

So all updates for the App need to be downloaded and manually installed .... and we need to find the hidden browser cache files and manually delete them all?

Too much effort
Sep 5, 2018, 20:5709/05/18
08/21/14
BiohazarD said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Not even for... A free 300 food pack per week?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not a chance.
Sep 5, 2018, 22:2209/05/18
12/13/14

Limad said:

I'm using the app and I didn't have to download anything new to get the Spirit Warden update. Though, I agree having to faff about deleting cache folders might be a bit of a pain, but I haven't had the need to do it yet. 

Then you need to manually download the update and manually install it

Version 2.0 came out this week ... nothing to do with spirit wardens
Sep 6, 2018, 08:4609/06/18
02/29/16

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

How do you do all that manual stuff (updates and clear cache)?

I know how to clear a cache in a browser, there is a tools section in the options. But I don't see anything like that in the Plarium app.

Hello!

To clear cache of application you need to delete all files from this folder:

C:\Users\*Your_User*\AppData\Local\Plarium\PlariumPlay\Cache

As for new features, they're added to the application automatically, you don't need to update it for getting them. 

Sep 6, 2018, 15:1009/06/18
Sep 6, 2018, 15:46(edited)
12/13/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

How do you do all that manual stuff (updates and clear cache)?

I know how to clear a cache in a browser, there is a tools section in the options. But I don't see anything like that in the Plarium app.

Hello!

To clear cache of application you need to delete all files from this folder:

C:\Users\*Your_User*\AppData\Local\Plarium\PlariumPlay\Cache

As for new features, they're added to the application automatically, you don't need to update it for getting them. 

I was forced to download and install an update for the App - http://prntscr.com/krcxom
I assume this was a bug-fix for the App, not the game

Read this, all ye who still doubt me - http://prntscr.com/krda98

So when did they release version 2.0 and how often will we be forced to update?

Obviously, game updates like Spirit Wardens etc are added to the server ... they are not added to our hard drive LOL

One thing's for sure ... we don't want plarium devs messin' around with our hard-drives   hahahahaha

I am old enough to remember Chernobyl - http://prntscr.com/krdf7w

Sep 6, 2018, 15:4709/06/18
07/25/15

Anything that my anti virus flag get a no go on my computer. Even its a "false negative". In case of Plarium its their responsibility to make sure their software doesn't get flagged by anti virus and maleware detection out there. 

If you not careful with such you might end up be some bit coin mining drone for someone....

Sep 6, 2018, 19:4909/06/18
Sep 6, 2018, 19:51(edited)
09/05/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Almericus said:

How can you call this an app?

Its just a stripped down browser
For me, it's application as you need to download it.

Thats pretty faulty logic. Downloading something does not make it an app. I downloaded Chrome, does that make it an app too ?

What bothers me most is what is going on in the background, I noticed an increase in data traffic whilst using it. may have been coincidence, but since there are NO user controls for this cloaked browser you are asking for a lot  of trust from your customers.

Calling it Plariums Browser would be a lot more honest
Sep 9, 2018, 14:2609/09/18
07/26/15

I use lightshot that came with windows 10 for my screenshots, and the instructions to take the HAR file are on this forum and the facebook Stormfall community page as well, I have seen players use their phones to take a video feed of the game while it is having a bug attack, but the HAR file, if you can get that while your game is having a bug attack is much better as it allows the tech's to find the bug a lot faster so they can fix it, hope this helps