Flash Player

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 18, 2019, 10:2610/18/19
05/21/19

Aegon Targaryen said:

Ok, so to be absolutely clear:  No one will be able to play Stormfall: Age of War on Facebook Gameroom after 2020.

Hello!

I am afraid that that's not a right statement. Players from Plarium.com will be able to play via Plarium Play app and players from Facebook will be able to play via Facebook Gameroom. Yes, both apps have in-built Flash, but if it's not supported in the browsers, it doesn't mean that it's not supported in the apps by the devs.
Aug 31, 2020, 18:3508/31/20
10/31/14

sheprock AOC said:

Can you answers a simple Question if windows is ripping flashplayer out of their operating system and the Palarium Play app uses Pepflash which still uses flashplayer engine how is that going to work? Heres the link i was reading https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-commits-to-eliminating-flash-support-in-windows-by-2020/

Flash will still be able to run on your Windows computer. But you will not be able to run it on Microsoft Edge and Explorer. Flash is more like an engine that runs codes on browsers. Microsoft will simply remove the engine. Without the engine, every car that runs on flash will die out. 

There are ways you can still use flash, like using plugins and extensions. You can install one of those and still play the game. 

The problem is security issues. Flash needs to be updated every 6 weeks, and sometimes, hacks and vulnerabilities are found within days of the update. Without Adobe it will be very difficult to protect your computer when you use flash. Many antivirus software do not have the kind of financial power to upkeep flash. 

So the question is not whether the game will live on, but how will the game be safe. 

There is another issue. Most players play this game at work. They do not have the luxury to install software that will put the workplace at risk of hackings. So how are you going to make sure that those players install Plarium Play. 

https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/adobe-flash-vulnerabilities-security-risks/

MicModerator
Aug 31, 2020, 20:2908/31/20
Aug 31, 2020, 20:37(edited)
02/22/19

Hello Ladies and Lords, 

On the Facebook community there was an update about Flash & Facebook Game Room, so i will share with you too ,i repet , that is available just for the facebook platform and not for who play on plarium play platform :

Stormfall: Age of War

Important!

Plans Beyond Flash & Facebook Game Room

Lords and Ladies,

You may have heard that Flash and Facebook Game Room will be disabled in the near future.

Don't worry - we're on it. We will ensure that your game state, progress, and purchases are saved.

We've been working on this for the past several months, and want to let you know that we are evaluating two different solutions. Both would ensure that you can keep enjoying your game into next year and beyond.

We'll announce our final choice and share all the information you'll need to use it later this year.

We know how much time, effort, and passion you've put into your game. We're committed to making sure it'll be there for a long, long time.

For now, keep fighting, and remember that you are the most important part of our games!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Sep 1, 2020, 06:5309/01/20
10/31/14

Mic999 said:

Hello Ladies and Lords, 

On the Facebook community there was an update about Flash & Facebook Game Room, so i will share with you too ,i repet , that is available just for the facebook platform and not for who play on plarium play platform :

Important!

Lords and Ladies,

You may have heard that Flash and Facebook Game Room will be disabled in the near future.

Don't worry - we're on it. We will ensure that your game state, progress, and purchases are saved.

We've been working on this for the past several months, and want to let you know that we are evaluating two different solutions. Both would ensure that you can keep enjoying your game into next year and beyond.

We'll announce our final choice and share all the information you'll need to use it later this year.

We know how much time, effort, and passion you've put into your game. We're committed to making sure it'll be there for a long, long time.

For now, keep fighting, and remember that you are the most important part of our games!

Lord Oberon

Its good to hear that Plarium plan to keep the game on for a long time. 

However my concern are on security issues.

• How does Plarium plan to keep the game safe? What plan is there to update flash to keep vulnerabilities at bay. 

• What about a significant playerbase that can't install software like Plarium Pay. How is Plarium going to keep them. Most players play this game while at work, they can't and will not install Plarium Play for various reasons.  

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 1, 2020, 08:5109/01/20
05/21/19
Oracle said:

Mic999 said:

Hello Ladies and Lords, 

Important!

Lords and Ladies,

Lord Oberon

• How does Plarium plan to keep the game safe? What plan is there to update flash to keep vulnerabilities at bay. 

• What about a significant playerbase that can't install software like Plarium Pay. How is Plarium going to keep them. Most players play this game while at work, they can't and will not install Plarium Play for various reasons.  
Hello, Oracle! Thanks for pointing it out. No worries, we're taken both issues into account. As soon as we're ready to share it with you, you'll know about it. Cheers! 
Sep 1, 2020, 11:3209/01/20
Sep 1, 2020, 11:43(edited)
07/10/14

Mic999 said:

Hello Ladies and Lords, 

Important!

Lords and Ladies,

Lord Oberon

So at last the honesty comes out.

Unless they port the game from Flash to another platform then the game ends on 31 Dec - Flash EoL.

- The browers all announced as far back as several years ago that they would end support for flash. 

- Despite what is said in this thread, Facebook announced flash games on their platform would end 31 Dec 2020 (a direct link to the statement was provided and yet a CM still tried to claim the opposite).

- And the Plarium app runs on pepper flash so wasn't going to be a solution into 2021 either.

This is what the tech savvy amoung us have know ever since the first announcement.

The level of misinformation provided by Plarium and agents of Plarium, with the express intention of completely misleading people, leaves a MASSIVE credibility gap. This means few people will trust any further information.

if the games are successfully ported, then the truth would have worked just as well as the misinformation and with no loss of brand/customer loyalty. Right now we would all have faith a solution is coming, rather than heavy doses of skepticism .Btw I really hope it does come, invested 7 years in this game. 

And for those that argued against reason for so long, I hate to say we told you so.

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 2, 2020, 04:0209/02/20
10/04/13
Alina said:

Oracle said:

Mic999 said:

Hello Ladies and Lords, 

Important!

Lords and Ladies,

Lord Oberon

Hello, Oracle! Thanks for pointing it out. No worries, we're taken both issues into account. As soon as we're ready to share it with you, you'll know about it. Cheers! 
That's good to hear, hoping something comes out soon :)
Sep 3, 2020, 05:5109/03/20
10/31/14

DJ Moody said:

And for those that argued against reason for so long, I hate to say we told you so.

I have played enough games to know precisely what is going to happen. I am not the kind of person who deny reality, putting his hopes before rational thought and lived experiences. Being ignorant is being gullible. And I don't plan on being either. 

However, I really want to see how this seven years journey will unfold.  So I will stay for that sake only.