Jun 29, 2018, 10:1206/29/18
Jun 29, 2018, 10:15(edited)
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Limad said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Now if they will only stop giving the Paragon collection of quests to those of us with the active Paragon status.   Getting that Quest collection and the Hamlet quest collection more than once pretty much ends any hope of 25.  I found it hard to even get 20 last week.  Those hamlet quests really need to go the way of the dodo.

Mar'eth Quests are meant to be a challenge for players. Some of them you can easily complete within minutes others require more time and dedication.

But even if you don't complete several Quests, you still will be able to finish Weekly/Monthly Quests. Their number is calculated in such way that players still have a room for Quests they can't complete. 

Hi Alina,

Until recently, Mar'eth quests were a nice little feature that rewarded daily activity and provided some nice bonuses along the way. The only real complaint players had was being asked to train troops that they hadn't discovered yet, but this was only really an issue for newer players and - as you said yourself on many occasions - this was designed as an incentive for players to discover those troops and become stronger etc etc. 

Roll forward to today and now new and old players are complaining daily about the recent changes. So, can you tell us what exactly was the problem with the old system that you guys were trying to resolve with these changes? And how exactly are these changes intended to resolve that problem?

Hello, Lord Limad!

The initial idea was the following: give Quests based on the player's account statistics. For example, if you have Paragon activated, you won't receive Quest on its activation as it's done already. 

Devs didn't take into account that such players would receive fewer Quests and won't be able to complete Weekly and Monthly Quests. It caused the issues, that's why they had to undo these changes.

Please UNDO the undoing of the changes.   I had an easier time completing the Weekly and Monthly quests when I NEVER got the Paragon quest group.

The INITIAL IDEA was the BETTER idea than the current situation.   Go back to it!

Please remove the Paragon Quest group from appearing when Paragon is active.   Having it appear makes it MORE difficult, NOT easier, to complete the Weekly and Monthly quests. 

All Quests that exist now, existed in the game before. 

The only change was done by mistake and it was the increase of Weekly Quests from 25 to 30 Quests.

Devs changed it back already :)

As for Paragon activation Quest, even if you don't complete this one, you still will be able to complete a required number of Quests for Weekly reward.

Plus, extra 30 minutes of Paragon won't do you any harm if you apply them to complete this Quest.
Jun 29, 2018, 19:2606/29/18
08/21/14

1) All Quests that exist now, existed in the game before.

2) The only change was done by mistake and it was the increase of Weekly Quests from 25 to 30 Quests.

3) As for Paragon activation Quest, even if you don't complete this one, you still will be able to complete a required number of Quests for Weekly reward.

4) Plus, extra 30 minutes of Paragon won't do you any harm if you apply them to complete this Quest.

1) I agree 99%.

2) That is NOT the only change.   Prior to the past 2 weeks, the Paragon quest group NEVER appeared when the Paragon Bonus was already active at the Daily Server Reset.  Now, it does.  I've been playing either on Facebook or Plarium since the Mar'eth Quests were introduced, and the only time I ever received the Paragon Quest group was when my 30 PA ran out before Server Reset and I failed to reactivate it prior to Server Reset....which only happened maybe 3-4 times.

3) While it IS still possible, especially if I use alts or get lucky in my log in timing, the Weekly and Monthly 'daily' quests are now more difficult than they were previously.   So, if the reason the devs changed the code so that the Paragon Quest group would appear even when the Paragon is already active was an effort to make the Weekly and Monthly quests more achievable, then they failed in their intent.   They didn't make it easier.  They made it harder.

4) I don't think you understood my post.

a)  First, using a 30 minute, 1 hour, or even a 1 day PA to complete the quest is not that big of a deal IF I have them.   However, if I do not have them, the quest can NOT be completed, as its impossible to buy a PA when one is already active.

b)  Second, we should NOT have to spend a PA to complete a quest if the quest is ALREADY ACTIVE.   That is a silly requirement and has the potential to decrease revenue.   Depending on the Player's current needs, they may decide to avoid buying the 30 day PA on occasion.

Facebook players can complete a quest with an item bought with sapphires to get the quest to count numerically as completed, though the reward for the quest that was skipped is no longer given as it was when the feature was introduced.  Perhaps if this feature was implemented on Plarium platform, it would help, though it still doesn't explain away the ridiculousness of not having the PA quest automatically complete if the Paragon Bonus is already active.  Its also possible that some players will be cash strapped enough that they will be forced to choose between PA and paying for quest completions.  The PA gets more expensive with each Paragon level, so the scale of worth tilts further away from the PAs with each rise in Paragon level.

Jul 2, 2018, 12:5807/02/18
02/29/16
Limad said:

The "Respond to 30 Building help requests from your League" quest didn't exist in the game before. 

It might as well be "Raid 1.1m Resources using 10 raids."

It existed in the game from the very beginning as Quests were added to the game :)
Jul 2, 2018, 13:0707/02/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

2) The only change was done by mistake and it was the increase of Weekly Quests from 25 to 30 Quests.

3) As for Paragon activation Quest, even if you don't complete this one, you still will be able to complete a required number of Quests for Weekly reward.

4) Plus, extra 30 minutes of Paragon won't do you any harm if you apply them to complete this Quest.

1) I agree 99%.

2) That is NOT the only change.   Prior to the past 2 weeks, the Paragon quest group NEVER appeared when the Paragon Bonus was already active at the Daily Server Reset.  Now, it does.  I've been playing either on Facebook or Plarium since the Mar'eth Quests were introduced, and the only time I ever received the Paragon Quest group was when my 30 PA ran out before Server Reset and I failed to reactivate it prior to Server Reset....which only happened maybe 3-4 times.

3) While it IS still possible, especially if I use alts or get lucky in my log in timing, the Weekly and Monthly 'daily' quests are now more difficult than they were previously.   So, if the reason the devs changed the code so that the Paragon Quest group would appear even when the Paragon is already active was an effort to make the Weekly and Monthly quests more achievable, then they failed in their intent.   They didn't make it easier.  They made it harder.

a)  First, using a 30 minute, 1 hour, or even a 1 day PA to complete the quest is not that big of a deal IF I have them.   However, if I do not have them, the quest can NOT be completed, as its impossible to buy a PA when one is already active.

b)  Second, we should NOT have to spend a PA to complete a quest if the quest is ALREADY ACTIVE.   That is a silly requirement and has the potential to decrease revenue.   Depending on the Player's current needs, they may decide to avoid buying the 30 day PA on occasion.

Facebook players can complete a quest with an item bought with sapphires to get the quest to count numerically as completed, though the reward for the quest that was skipped is no longer given as it was when the feature was introduced.  Perhaps if this feature was implemented on Plarium platform, it would help, though it still doesn't explain away the ridiculousness of not having the PA quest automatically complete if the Paragon Bonus is already active.  Its also possible that some players will be cash strapped enough that they will be forced to choose between PA and paying for quest completions.  The PA gets more expensive with each Paragon level, so the scale of worth tilts further away from the PAs with each rise in Paragon level.

1. And what is your concern about 1%?

2. But you still received Quests that are given in this Group of Quests (maybe then were given in other sets). Without them you wouldn't have enough number of Quests to complete the Weekly one.

3. I don't argue their initial idea of making Quests working better - failed. They changed back everything they could change at the moment.

4. You're receiving PA as Reward in Tournaments. For now, it's the only way I see that can help you to complete the Quest without buying PA via Black market.

5. This Item is a very useful thing and I hope devs will come up with idea on adding it to plarium.com servers as well.
Jul 2, 2018, 19:4407/02/18
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

1) I agree 99%.

1. And what is your concern about 1%?

2. But you still received Quests that are given in this Group of Quests (maybe then were given in other sets). Without them you wouldn't have enough number of Quests to complete the Weekly one.

3. I don't argue their initial idea of making Quests working better - failed. They changed back everything they could change at the moment.

4. You're receiving PA as Reward in Tournaments. For now, it's the only way I see that can help you to complete the Quest without buying PA via Black market.

5. This Item is a very useful thing and I hope devs will come up with idea on adding it to plarium.com servers as well.

1.)  I can neither confirm nor deny the prior existence of the help 30 league member quest, as I never saw it prior to the past 2 weeks.  So without having seen it, I can not say 100% agreement.

2.)  This is absolutely not true.  I have NEVER received any of those quests while my Paragon was active at Server Reset, until after the recent change, and I still was able to complete the Weekly 25 and Monthly 100.   The Mar'eth Quest sets have always had the same quests since they were first introduced.  The ONLY change (at least for players level 70+) was removing the 'Finish in top 10 of league quest' from one of the Daily sets (reducing that set to four), and adding it to the Weekly Mar'eth requirements.

To clarify, the following quests are in the Paragon Quest group/set (level 70+):

Quest 1)  Activate Paragon Bonus

Quest 2)  Assist your league in an attack request (A league member must set one up to make this possible)

Quest 3)  Help 20/30 league members with their building construction

Quest 4)  Attack or Defend 6/5 Battlegrounds

Quest 5)  Destroy 1500/4000 points of enemy units at Hamlets

NEITHER of these 5 Mar'eth quests EVER appeared when the Paragon was already active at Server Reset until the recent change.   I was still able to complete the weekly 25 without them, and in fact, had a much easier time doing so.  Now that they appear even with the Paragon active, it is very difficult to obtain 25 in one week, much less 100 in a month.

3)  They changed everything back that they were able to?  They did not remove the Paragon Quest set from players with the Paragon already active at Server Reset.  I'm still getting it.  Are the devs not able to reverse their change on this?  Why not?

4)  On occasion, yes they are available in tournament rewards, but not all the time.   However, If I run out and do not have them on the day that the Paragon quest set is given to me, then I can NOT buy them on the black market.   The reason I am unable to buy a PA on the black market is because I already have the Paragon active.

5)  So do I.  I do my best to complete the quests, but sometimes, it just is not possible, and having the option would be nice.   Since the quest reward is no longer given when completing them this way, I hope that the cost of doing that is reduced a bit should it be added to Plarium.