All Categories

Strong Player Monopolizes Hamlet Sapphires

Strong Player Monopolizes Hamlet Sapphires

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 17, 2018, 15:2306/17/18
And of course only adults will read and understand real world events. Cant blame the kiddos ;p
Jun 17, 2018, 18:2006/17/18
Jun 17, 2018, 18:21(edited)
10/31/14

Hunter said:

And of course only adults will read and understand real world events. Cant blame the kiddos ;p

You are insulting your own intelligence. You can't possible prove that you exist, so how are you going to prove you can comprehend reality.

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 17, 2018, 18:4606/17/18
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Can you explain how player coining "fund the game".

Where did you get this info. And how do they fund the game, which part. Do they pay operation fee, server fees, security fee? 

I haven't heard of a game that run exclusively on player coining. Even fortnite, which is the best game hands down. Even EVE, nor does candy crush

How do you think Plarium gets the money to pay for equipment and their employees salaries?  Selling dragon dung as fertilizer?  I'm pretty sure it comes from players spending money on the game...

Jun 18, 2018, 00:4506/18/18
BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

Where did you get this info. And how do they fund the game, which part. Do they pay operation fee, server fees, security fee? 

I haven't heard of a game that run exclusively on player coining. Even fortnite, which is the best game hands down. Even EVE, nor does candy crush

How do you think Plarium gets the money to pay for equipment and their employees salaries?  Selling dragon dung as fertilizer?  I'm pretty sure it comes from players spending money on the game...

Some folks they work for free (Im assuming we are dealing with working adults). Or perhaps, they do get a monthly paycheck, but hey when the boss offers to increase their emolument, this type of workers reject it, because they are not money grabs, the world around them, the food, the clothes...all don't cost money.. These real life Archangel personas are worthy of respect from many quarters. But alas, the world that I live in I need to pay the bills!
Jun 18, 2018, 14:1206/18/18
10/31/14

The myth that online games fund their game exclusively from player spending has been debunked for a loong time.

There are a millions ways plarium make money. Like the recent selling of copyright to Australian company. Selling shares in global stock market, charging for intellectual property usage ect.

By my estimate plarium can't pay executive management from ingame purchase, never mind for advertising and pishing.

Jun 18, 2018, 17:1406/18/18
Jun 18, 2018, 17:18(edited)
07/25/15

djmoody said:

Oracle said:

Like the recent selling of copyright to Australian company.

Interested, I google to find out more but couldn't find anything. Only the sale of the company to Aristocrat, which I am sure we all know about now.

What was the copyright sale?

I don't think there is a row of Australians knocking on the door. I think its the actual sale of the company to Aristocrat he meant... which is a little more than just sell some copyright license. And in any case you can't account for that as income or revenue stream. Games such as this and other online games, base their revenue stream on the spending of the players in the game, and on merchandise around the game. Some games have merchandise such as clothes, action figures, posters and whatever...

If they don't directly run their games on facebook, at least they have either a set income from it, or a percentage of the revenue being made there. Probably the later...

Jun 18, 2018, 21:2906/18/18
10/31/14

The conditions of the sale made it seem like copyright sale. Aristocrat  made no plan to run any administration   or activity on plarium. Nothing  has changed,  the executive is still the same, shaleel still run the show. So it wasn't a business purchase cause the terms made it seem otherwise. 

It   more of an income generation.

Plarium is also hosting games for other platforms on their servers, e.g Throne

Jun 19, 2018, 01:2106/19/18
07/25/15

Oracle said:

The conditions of the sale made it seem like copyright sale. Aristocrat  made no plan to run any administration   or activity on plarium. Nothing  has changed,  the executive is still the same, shaleel still run the show. So it wasn't a business purchase cause the terms made it seem otherwise. 

Are you really this dense? I mean... Take the latest E3 as a example and the presentation of Microsoft... They have aquired several game companies under their umbrella...  Why?`They want to strengthen their position with the xbox and have a better line up of coming games. Aristocrat seems to wanted to strengthen their mobile platform and Plarium was it, but probably they was eyeing up other companies as well. 

Aristrocat might have aquired Plarium for a set purpose, their mobile platform (tech, whatever), but doesn't necessary mean they want to start micro manage the company, or start some radical changes in how the company is run. They want to secure their investment and part of that is to keep the revenue streams going. Maybe they have some long term policy changes behind the scenes we don't know about, but for now, things what they are.

There is times when companies get bought and butchered. Like company hold patents or tech another want. They aquire the company, get what they want, and then sell off the remaining assets, unwanted tech, patents and so forth., Heck, earlier mentioned Microsoft done that a lot. Did you know Bill Gates was nicknamed "the gator" just because of this?
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 19, 2018, 18:5906/19/18
10/04/13
Oracle said:

When one company purchases another they don't just fire everyone and bring in their own people overnight.  It's usually a slow exchange over months or years.  I wouldn't be surprised if a year or two from now Plarium management looks completely different than it did a year ago before the company was bought. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 19, 2018, 19:0106/19/18
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Oracle said:

Like the recent selling of copyright to Australian company.

Interested, I google to find out more but couldn't find anything. Only the sale of the company to Aristocrat, which I am sure we all know about now.

What was the copyright sale?

I don't think there is a row of Australians knocking on the door. I think its the actual sale of the company to Aristocrat he meant... which is a little more than just sell some copyright license. And in any case you can't account for that as income or revenue stream. Games such as this and other online games, base their revenue stream on the spending of the players in the game, and on merchandise around the game. Some games have merchandise such as clothes, action figures, posters and whatever...

If they don't directly run their games on facebook, at least they have either a set income from it, or a percentage of the revenue being made there. Probably the later...

Somehow I don't think plarium is making millions off selling shirts and mugs :P  Their income is based on user spending, either directly on their games or as a cut of the profits on other games that pay them royalties or hosting/management fees. 
Jun 20, 2018, 09:2706/20/18
08/31/15

Oracle said:

When a game is "free to play" the money to pay for the servers, support teams, development team, etc has to come from somewhere.  Its logical to assume a good amount of that money comes from the optional purchases players make in the game.  These free to play games are not put out to the public as a charity or an act of kindness.  They use tried and true formulas to exploit human nature for profit.

From what I've read, the rise of free to play is a side effect of subscription fatigue.  Players got tired of having to pay to play, so the games had to find a new way to monetize their games...

Jun 20, 2018, 11:5506/20/18
07/25/15
ThatGuy said:

Oracle said:

When a game is "free to play" the money to pay for the servers, support teams, development team, etc has to come from somewhere.  Its logical to assume a good amount of that money comes from the optional purchases players make in the game.  These free to play games are not put out to the public as a charity or an act of kindness.  They use tried and true formulas to exploit human nature for profit.

From what I've read, the rise of free to play is a side effect of subscription fatigue.  Players got tired of having to pay to play, so the games had to find a new way to monetize their games...

What I find hysterical funny though. People moan about subscriptions, but then end up spend many time that cost a month on the "cash shops" in stead. Imho sub models is the most consumer friendly ones. And if someone can't afford to pay for a sub, they got bigger problems in life than be able to play a computer game. 
Jun 21, 2018, 00:5006/21/18
08/03/14

usually a large company like plarium is sold and the executives have to stay on to ensur fidelity of the company. they are required to stay for 1-5 years and only get their payment if the company remains profitible at the level it was when it was sold. 

that keeps dirty CEOs from gutting a company after its sold.