New Features?! WHEN!??!?!

New Features?! WHEN!??!?!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
May 22, 2018, 14:3605/22/18
May 22, 2018, 14:38(edited)
09/04/15

Companies that are using flash are anxious and have to spend money and manpower on the change.  There will be many layoffs and personnel changes. Low-level staff should be prepared for the worst case scenario. That would be a "fatigue" for people who used flash for their work. Now they have to learn something to replace the flash. It's just a bunch of tired working days and worries about their job placement. 

Things the company is interested in are profitable. flash goes down they will have their separate products.  Just as Microsoft no longer has sole proprietary operating system. 

Normal users will not care about that but just think of something better.  That puts pressure on people who are using flash to build on their work. 

What's new and nice? Who will be the creator and who will benefit from it?

Bankruptcies are caused by a false investment or a kick out of competition. The company is a heavy machine it will not like when you operate individually. When you are praised, it means responsibility is placed on you.

Wait to see what products will replace the flash!?

May 22, 2018, 15:2005/22/18
07/25/15
the soul of mellowness said:

Companies that are using flash are anxious and have to spend money and manpower on the change.  There will be many layoffs and personnel changes. Low-level staff should be prepared for the worst case scenario. That would be a "fatigue" for people who used flash for their work. Now they have to learn something to replace the flash. It's just a bunch of tired working days and worries about their job placement. 

Things the company is interested in are profitable. flash goes down they will have their separate products.  Just as Microsoft no longer has sole proprietary operating system. 

Normal users will not care about that but just think of something better.  That puts pressure on people who are using flash to build on their work. 

What's new and nice? Who will be the creator and who will benefit from it?

Bankruptcies are caused by a false investment or a kick out of competition. The company is a heavy machine it will not like when you operate individually. When you are praised, it means responsibility is placed on you.

Wait to see what products will replace the flash!?

There is a lot of platforms that can replace flash for different purpose.... Flash always been riddled with security issues. When no continious support is being made in that regard, no sane company would still keep going with flash as a platform. It would just become a liability for them and the users. The normal people as you say, that doesn't care? Well I'm sort of normal and I damn well care about security. 
May 23, 2018, 14:0205/23/18
09/04/15

Companies want to have their proprietary products on the market.  

The flash has been developed for a long time and is accessible. The large market also means that you are occupying another's land. Why do you think they did not continue because of security flaws?

There are many things that are offered and no one likes free for others. If so they just bite the dust that lives.

The thing I see is just the replacement of the product. After the flash finishes know where will more of the flash code be shared for free?

just a market takeover.

There will be rumors that all those who are building flash games will go bankrupt.

If used for non-commercial purposes the flash is still available. Winxp is no longer supported but i still keep it for other purposes. Some companies have cracked Microsoft's monopoly on using non-Microsoft products. 

Win Linux Mac
May 24, 2018, 10:1905/24/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, everyone!

Lord GADHERAS is right. After news about Flash destiny was released, devs started to think about the new engine and movement of our games to it.

I can't give you any signed in papers where all devs of the company put their signatures and made an oath they're working on the new engine.

But I can tell you about their current tasks and priorities. We have one separate team who is working on the new engine and you can see from Sparta that the process of movement is going.

Why would it take so long?

Because first, they need to move all players from Spart to WebGL, fixing all reported bugs during this process, and only then start to move Stormfall players to the engine.

As for the new features, devs don't plan to add them now as it's not logical to move them back and forward from the old engine to the new one. It will be easier to add them to WebGL at once.

Wouldn't then a better response to the questions about beacons, to be it will be looked at once the game ported to new engine. And then be hold accountable for doing just that, rather than the bs about analyze data? :p

No, because it's not the right response. The situation with Beacons is already looked at. 

As for changes, devs are going to add to them, I don't know when it happens. I don't have any information whether it will happen before moving to the new engine or after it.
May 24, 2018, 11:0305/24/18
09/04/15

Soldiers Inc. has new features and I can not imagine... 

May 25, 2018, 09:4705/25/18
02/29/16

Each game has its own update plan :) It's absolutely okay when one game has update while another one doesn't.
May 25, 2018, 14:1505/25/18
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Each game has its own update plan :) It's absolutely okay when one game has update while another one doesn't.
Yet, neither of the games can stray to far apart from each other and blossom in their own right. Such a shame.
BiohazarDModerator
May 31, 2018, 16:1305/31/18
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Yet, neither of the games can stray to far apart from each other and blossom in their own right. Such a shame.
Well they started as the same game but with different graphics, so the likelihood of them ever becoming very different games is low.  They'll probably just each have a few unique features. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.