All Categories

What the hell is going on with the game?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 27, 2018, 04:3204/27/18
04/09/15

Long time player, thought I had a grasp of the game. One week ago, I launched a raid with over 14 million worth of offense.  I expected to take a significant loss, but also expected to inflict some damage on the target. I lost everything and according to the battle report, they lost less than 50 troops total. WTH? Since that time, I can't defeat any level of BG...6 straight days of losing everything to level 20 and under BGs. Makes no sense at all. Recovered what troops I could with sapphires and promptly watched them die on nothing BGs. Something is seriously amiss. Definitely won't be spending any more money on this game until there is some sort of fix to this nonsense.
Views
Comments
Comments
AndriiTechnical Support
Apr 27, 2018, 13:4704/27/18
06/03/14

Hello, lord!

I see that you are disappointed. All we have hard times, however, they pass sooner or later. To make it sooner for you I'll do what's possible on my end.

First, both matters are related to the gameplay. They are not caused by any bugs. In this article, you can learn more about the most important factors, which affect the battle outcome and damage output. Here you have got two articles about battlegrounds: about their basic mechanics and some tips.

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. I have moved your topic to Game Discussion thread.

Apr 28, 2018, 00:3304/28/18
04/09/15
It has nothing to do with disappointment.  There is something wrong when a level 97 player can't defeat a level 20 BG.
Apr 28, 2018, 01:3904/28/18
07/25/15

Jager Wulf said:

It has nothing to do with disappointment.  There is something wrong when a level 97 player can't defeat a level 20 BG.

Can't defeat, or do you mean get no payout?

Apr 28, 2018, 02:2304/28/18
06/18/15
When you send enough troops to defeat a lvl 50 BG to a lvl 20 BG and they all die. Maybe one survives and you get two pikers and an archer as a reward for killing a ton of front line troops.
Apr 28, 2018, 09:0304/28/18
08/31/15

There are some players who can field a massive wall of defense.  If you took huge or total losses and they lost only 50, it sounds like you either ran into a trap castle or that player was able to call for reinforcements and players sent him a wall of defense to stop your attack cold.  

With bgs, its somewhat random what numbers of each troop type Balur has in there.  So, if you're sending a ton of infantry and Balur has the bulk of troops in that bg strong against infantry, you will take heavier losses or even lose when you were expecting to win.  The level of the player has very little to do with ability to win/lose a bg.  That's based on what you send and how much you send.  

If you do believe that the above explanations are not what happened, then I would strongly suggest submitting a ticket to Plarium along with screenshots to substantiate your claim that the game is not functioning properly.  Otherwise, Plarium will just see $ being transferred from players pockets to their profits and say all is as it should be.
Apr 28, 2018, 16:0704/28/18
Apr 28, 2018, 16:11(edited)
11/04/16

The battlegrounds system is debt based.

You created a big debt in the battlegrounds.

Then you lost all your units (that's a big loss).

Now, you need to repay the debt you created.

Or you need to keep climbing the battlegrounds.

It's now that you realize you've made one big mistake.

Here is a guide I wrote that could help you (French language).

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/fil-de-conversation-fransais/103092_les-champs-de-bataille/

Apr 28, 2018, 16:1304/28/18
11/04/16

Did you send a raid or a siege?

If you sent a siege, it's normal that you did not do a lot of damage.

Apr 28, 2018, 16:1704/28/18
11/04/16

Use your Imperial troops wisely

The troops of this type consume less food and have better combat performance than the regular units. However, they both have quite the same value. Hence, a wise warrior will rather save them for the PvP battles.

This is false.
Apr 30, 2018, 13:2604/30/18
04/09/15
So, we have a bunch of replies from clueless members.  Only Frogdawg has a clue as to what is happening, because his desk sits right next to mine in our office and he can look at my screen and see what is happening.  Trust me, I've been playing this game for over 3 years and I have some idea how the game works, including walls of defense, raids vs. sieges, and how to attack BGs. There is some kind of glitch in my castle and things are not working the way that they have since day one of the game.  It has now been 10 days since things went crazy...and Plarium apparently has no interest in fixing it.
May 1, 2018, 21:2005/01/18
May 1, 2018, 21:46(edited)
12/13/14

Jager Wulf said:

So, we have a bunch of replies from clueless members.  Only Frogdawg has a clue as to what is happening, because his desk sits right next to mine in our office and he can look at my screen and see what is happening.  Trust me, I've been playing this game for over 3 years and I have some idea how the game works, including walls of defense, raids vs. sieges, and how to attack BGs. There is some kind of glitch in my castle and things are not working the way that they have since day one of the game.  It has now been 10 days since things went crazy...and Plarium apparently has no interest in fixing it.

We need to see some screenshot

I can defeat level 20 bg with ZERO loss (or 228 Pikes), so something has gone very very wrong .... or did you hit level 20 Saga Quest (not normal bg) ... or a GREEN bg by mistake?

https://prnt.sc/f8lzmy

http://prntscr.com/jcitbr

p,s, How do I upload an image file to this forum?

Lightshot image files are too big because they changed the link - imposible to add them now

(link deleted, but can be viewed by Mods and Admin)

May 2, 2018, 07:3905/02/18
Snowgoon said:

Jager Wulf said:

I can defeat level 20 bg with ZERO loss (or 228 Pikes), so something has gone very very wrong .... or did you hit level 20 Saga Quest (not normal bg) ... or a GREEN bg by mistake?

Lightshot image files are too big because they changed the link - imposible to add them now

There's probably much, much better methods, but I use the Print Screen button, paste into Paint, simply/sloppily crop what I want, save as a .jpeg, then upload.
May 2, 2018, 12:0505/02/18
02/29/16

Jager Wulf said:

Hello, my Lord!

I agree with Lord SNOWGOON'S comment. We will need to check your screenshots before giving any recommendations or pieces of advice ;)

May 2, 2018, 17:1805/02/18
04/09/15
At this point, it is just easier to quit the game. I've been playing for over 3 years and made it to level 97 without any problems, suddenly, my castle goes haywire and I get a bunch of buffoons telling that I don't know how the game is played. This is now the twelfth day with no help, just a bunch of sarcastic comments and worthless "advice".  I'd be more than happy to try to explain the issue to someone that could actually fix it, either via email or PM...but I am not discussing any further specifics on an open forum. 
May 3, 2018, 12:2805/03/18
02/29/16

Jager Wulf said:

At this point, it is just easier to quit the game. I've been playing for over 3 years and made it to level 97 without any problems, suddenly, my castle goes haywire and I get a bunch of buffoons telling that I don't know how the game is played. This is now the twelfth day with no help, just a bunch of sarcastic comments and worthless "advice".  I'd be more than happy to try to explain the issue to someone that could actually fix it, either via email or PM...but I am not discussing any further specifics on an open forum. 

My Lord, I'm not telling you don't know how to play the game.

I will be happy to help you, but I lack the information you gave. That's why I asked for screenshots.

If you don't want to discuss it on Forum, I have opened my Private messages for you and you're welcome to contact me there :)
May 4, 2018, 03:3605/04/18
03/27/17
what is happening with this game, is that you spend real money to buy sapphires to buy whatever to build offensive or defense or both. and those resources are constantly consumed, forcing you to buy more sapphires with real money. which is effectively a con job implemented by Plarium to get rich off its players, and yet offer no real benefit to its players for playing the game. it is called: PAY TO WIN. it is lame, and should be illegal. but we all know who makes things legal or not, don't we?
May 4, 2018, 06:5705/04/18
12/18/14
Jager Wulf said:

Long time player, thought I had a grasp of the game. One week ago, I launched a raid with over 14 million worth of offense.  I expected to take a significant loss, but also expected to inflict some damage on the target. I lost everything and according to the battle report, they lost less than 50 troops total. WTH? Since that time, I can't defeat any level of BG...6 straight days of losing everything to level 20 and under BGs. Makes no sense at all. Recovered what troops I could with sapphires and promptly watched them die on nothing BGs. Something is seriously amiss. Definitely won't be spending any more money on this game until there is some sort of fix to this nonsense.
14 million is not really that much in terms of offense when hitting a castle - I could easily solo defend against it and lose next to nothing ... just sayin
May 4, 2018, 14:2105/04/18
04/09/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Jager Wulf said:

I will be happy to help you, but I lack the information you gave. That's why I asked for screenshots.

If you don't want to discuss it on Forum, I have opened my Private messages for you and you're welcome to contact me there :)
I sent you some info via PM.
May 5, 2018, 13:5605/05/18
May 5, 2018, 14:07(edited)
12/13/14

Jager Wulf said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Jager Wulf said:

I sent you some info via PM.

One screenshot is worth a thousand words

... we know how to play

I have been playing since 2013, but all we can do is guess without the right info

If your account is bugged then you can get compensation for your losses

... but at the end of the day, all they will tell you is to Send a Ticket or Clear your Cache

but Agent Andew should have told you all this days ago ... but tells you it is a Game Feature 

BiohazarDModerator
May 5, 2018, 19:4805/05/18
10/04/13
Jager Wulf said:

Could you post a screenshot of the troops you sent?  That would help us determine if something is amiss, or at least explain to you why it didn't work. 
BiohazarDModerator
May 5, 2018, 19:5005/05/18
10/04/13
Snowgoon said:

Jager Wulf said:

Save the image to your computer, then upload the file. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.