All Categories

How dead is the beacon game now ?

How dead is the beacon game now ?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Mar 26, 2018, 16:4303/26/18
08/03/14

im pretty sure plarium will go down in history as a text book case of how not to run a gaming community.  

a meteoric rise to the top and then a crash and burn.   "dont pull a plarium" will be the advice techies give new gaming start ups. 
Mar 26, 2018, 18:4803/26/18
10/31/14

I hope you all understand that I own all copyright to that tittle and all media discussing the downfall of Plarium, and how Plarium ruined a great property. 

I might as well write a book about this. 
Mar 26, 2018, 21:4003/26/18
Mar 26, 2018, 21:44(edited)
12/13/14

IronApex Turok said:

im pretty sure plarium will go down in history as a text book case of how not to run a gaming community.  

a meteoric rise to the top and then a crash and burn.   "dont pull a plarium" will be the advice techies give new gaming start ups. 

'dont pull a Zynga' was around for a very long time .... plarium thought it a good idea to mirror their decline

Mostly due to Avi Shalel's determination to "double revenue EVERY year" (look for multiple quotes on the internet)

http://prntscr.com/iwriic

Watch out Aristocrat - you will be left holding the ticking time bomb

Mar 26, 2018, 22:2403/26/18
08/03/14
roadstar Pitbull said:

Snowgoon said:

LOL, just imagine your hiring developers, and the person walks in and says "Yes, worked for Plarium."
lol.....ive already noticed former employees removing their time at plarium from the resumes. 
Mar 26, 2018, 22:2703/26/18
08/03/14
Snowgoon said:

IronApex Turok said:

'dont pull a Zynga' was around for a very long time .... plarium thought it a good idea to mirror their decline

Mostly due to Avi Shalel's determination to "double revenue EVERY year" (look for multiple quotes on the internet)

http://prntscr.com/iwriic

Watch out Aristocrat - you will be left holding the ticking time bomb

oh yes...i follow everything i can find of Mr. Shalel. be careful....mentioning his name can get you banned.  it seems a lot of what he says is the opposite of the CM cue cards.  
Mar 26, 2018, 23:2603/26/18
Mar 26, 2018, 23:29(edited)
08/03/14

http://www.appdata.ru/developers/profile/2239

so according to appdata  its not just the beacon game thats dead. Its stormfall as a whole.  538k users still active on facebook.   and only 413 players added in the past several months. 

the game has been in a flatline with a gradual decline in active players.  im guessing the plarium.com numbers look even worse than the facebook numbers as FB seems to be their "flagship" platform. 

http://www.appdata.ru/

plarium lags FAR behind in over all users at 4th place. 

Mar 27, 2018, 07:1203/27/18
08/03/14
djmoody said:

the guys that owned Plarium made $500bn out of this scenario. That is smart and unfortunately may well become the text book of how to run a gaming community and make bucket loads of money.

it'll only happen once.  this will be a stain on everyones memories when looking to buy a gaming company. 
Mar 27, 2018, 10:5303/27/18
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

http://www.appdata.ru/developers/profile/2239

so according to appdata  its not just the beacon game thats dead. Its stormfall as a whole.  538k users still active on facebook.   and only 413 players added in the past several months. 

the game has been in a flatline with a gradual decline in active players.  im guessing the plarium.com numbers look even worse than the facebook numbers as FB seems to be their "flagship" platform. 

http://www.appdata.ru/

plarium lags FAR behind in over all users at 4th place. 

Well with all the million ACTUAL users of facebook, the numbers playing Stormfall is tiny even there. Also what is considered active? I could spend 5 mins on a game a day but would hardly qualify as active. 
Mar 27, 2018, 10:5503/27/18
07/25/15
djmoody said:

IronApex Turok said:

The advice will be "don't buy a Plarium".

Because no matter how much we as players we hate the short term money grab/exploitation of the games at the expense of their long term future, the guys that owned Plarium made $500bn out of this scenario. That is smart and unfortunately may well become the text book of how to run a gaming community and make bucket loads of money. Horrible for gamers, horrible for anyone has a love and passion for creating great games.

The fools are the ones that bought it, just as the wheels were about to fall off (but as is the case when buying a private company - when would the owners try and sell out other than at the peak of the value - lol)

We of course are stupid for hanging on so long. We should have left, given the writing was on the wall a good 2 years ago. 

It's a shame that it is so hard to put down your hobby that you have invested so much time and energy into (and that is ultimately what was exploited - they knew they could run the games into the ground and it would be a while before everyone left) 

Afaik the new owners was mostly interested in their mobile platform to expand on. Its like when someone buy up a company to aquire certain techs or components then butcher and liquidate the rest short after. 
Apr 19, 2018, 03:1004/19/18
03/15/16
Paul Gladkiy said:

Hi, guys!

We're currently working on improving the situation with the Beacons. I hope that in the nearest time our developers will surprise us with some interesting feature(s).

Let's wait a bit and hope for good! :)

First of all , its their (Plarium's) own making .............. second, plz dont try to improve the situation as it will mean we have to use credit/debit card .
Apr 24, 2018, 00:5304/24/18
11/27/14

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi all!

As Paul said before I heard (and there is another post on suggestion thread too) the beacons mechanics will change soon, devs are working at this and it's one of reasons Beacon Massacre didn't happen in the last months and I hope this will change the balance between off and deff too.

Best regards!

Bogdan

Beacon Massacre didnt happened in the last months BECAUSE there are no Beacons to downgrade :)))

The reasons of beacon distruction are:

1. beacon massacre.

2. excesive coining

3. the number of beacons is to big. Devs inserted to many beacons on the map.

I hope that UPDATE from Devs will be soon...beacause are 7 months or more, from when they promise a change

Apr 24, 2018, 09:0804/24/18
02/29/16
Lord Mark said:

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi all!

As Paul said before I heard (and there is another post on suggestion thread too) the beacons mechanics will change soon, devs are working at this and it's one of reasons Beacon Massacre didn't happen in the last months and I hope this will change the balance between off and deff too.

Best regards!

Bogdan

Beacon Massacre didnt happened in the last months BECAUSE there are no Beacons to downgrade :)))

1. beacon massacre.

2. excesive coining

I hope that UPDATE from Devs will be soon...beacause are 7 months or more, from when they promise a change

Apr 24, 2018, 14:4004/24/18
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Lord Mark said:

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi all!

Best regards!

Bogdan

1. beacon massacre.

2. excesive coining

V V V V V 

Apr 27, 2018, 06:4704/27/18
09/29/16
R.I.P. Beacon thread
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.