What happen in this game?

What happen in this game?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 17, 2017, 14:4102/17/17
Mar 1, 2017, 12:33(edited)
03/01/16

Lord Oracle, receiving Special Offers isn't related to IP. 

As I mentioned, Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels. 

Feb 24, 2017, 14:3002/24/17
10/31/14

Today Normal offers,

both at untamed and Dark plains http://prntscr.com/ecu6x6

my final proof that special offer use a logarithm that heavily rely on players location(IP) and therefore demographic. Therefore the algorithm is ''set'' to make sure I pay more that others. I don't Blame Plarium, With The Ruperts, Koos, and Motsepes playing these game, and being from SA. Why won't they make all SA pay more. 

I will let these rest there, 

Feb 24, 2017, 17:4902/24/17
12/18/14

you would think they would give good discounts to those who spend to keep them happy but nope not the case - fact if you spend your offers are worse, if you quit spending for a few months THEN they give you a good offer

there is no randomness about it - the ones who don't spend get great offers because they are being baited into coining
Feb 24, 2017, 17:5002/24/17
12/18/14
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, you know that we have regular Bank Offers and Special Offers with bonuses.

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them  expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later.

Yes the more you spend the more expensive the offer if you don't spend you get awesome deals to lure you into spending
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 26, 2017, 00:0102/26/17
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, you know that we have regular Bank Offers and Special Offers with bonuses.

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them  expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later.

Yes the more you spend the more expensive the offer if you don't spend you get awesome deals to lure you into spending
Yep, from what I've seen if you spend more the size of the package goes up and the discount rate goes down. 
Feb 26, 2017, 09:2802/26/17
djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later. 

You make it sound really scientific. 

It's not its really simple. If you are a regular spender your offers will be poor. You are spending money happily, why on earth would they give you good discounts when you are happy to spend without them. If you stop spending you will get offered increasingly improved offers as Plarium hope to lure you back into spending.

It's the harsh real world of companies maximising their profits. It hurts to be on the cynical end and does long term damage to the relationship with customers. It tarnishes and damages a company's brand name. But it's all about short term profit here I am afraid, "doing the right thing" is well out the window.
While they do make it sound scientific, they totally fail at doing it right. Would make more money spending those wages on improved product. Starting with design, rather than coding.
Feb 26, 2017, 10:2802/26/17
Feb 26, 2017, 10:34(edited)
07/25/15

Ryu said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later. 

You make it sound really scientific. 

It's not its really simple. If you are a regular spender your offers will be poor. You are spending money happily, why on earth would they give you good discounts when you are happy to spend without them. If you stop spending you will get offered increasingly improved offers as Plarium hope to lure you back into spending.

It's the harsh real world of companies maximising their profits. It hurts to be on the cynical end and does long term damage to the relationship with customers. It tarnishes and damages a company's brand name. But it's all about short term profit here I am afraid, "doing the right thing" is well out the window.
While they do make it sound scientific, they totally fail at doing it right. Would make more money spending those wages on improved product. Starting with design, rather than coding.

Very little actual dev time go into these kind of games. And most of the changes there is, go towards make players spend more money on so called new features. The level of spending this game ask of you does no where match the quality of the game. If you start bring it up you get shouted at for want everything for free, and that the game need a balance, the only thing they care about his THEIR bank balance, and no I don't want everything for free, I want cost to be reasonable for what I get out of it. 

If I sub for SWTOR I get free monthly cartel coins to use for the IGN, if I sub for Elderscrolls online I get monthly crowns as well. and the subs cost far less than what is expected of you to pay for Stormfall. These games that cost a hell of a lot more to develop and produce than Stormfall, and you know what? You can even play them for free if you want. Speaking of ESO, they sending us back to Morrowind, and they don't charge an arm and a leg for doing so. 

The only reason I touched Stormfall, was because I needed something to click on between other things. The core concept of Stormfall is great, but it fails on the business end of things. They preach about balance but end of the day, there is no limits when it come to spending, so as a player without a huge budget to spend on this, you pretty much limited to what you can and can not do. 

Thinking about it, the grind towards gather enough free xp to get the Missouri in world of warships, IS nothing compared to the grind or lack of grind in Stormfall.

I see people use images from a game such as The Witcher on this board. Heck even some of the graphics used by Plarium could almost give a copyright dispute with CDProjekt RED :p If you go to Steam and check Witcher3, check the DLC options, and see how much is FREE vs what you need to pay for for. I tell people all the time, you REALLY need to start play and experience other things out there, because not everyone is out to fleece you.

Feb 26, 2017, 11:0302/26/17
12/13/14

Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

It's not.  I don't know where he got that information, but I'm guessing his sample size was far too small. 

The algorithm is based almost entirely on previous spending habits of each account. 

We have VPNs nowadays, you can try the same experiment and you will come to the same conclusion. My sample size was not small, It was in the upwards of 3 people per country. 

Facts, Indians receive better offers, Facts, Africans receive worst offers. In fact I don't remember the rime I bought in these game using my country VPN. I always switch to a Eastern Europe VPN just before they add special offers. 

As with VIP, 99% of all VIP I know  are from Australia 

Usually players that use Proxy, Tor, VPN, which hide IP address - is in deep multi-accounting.

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 26, 2017, 22:5102/26/17
10/04/13
Tautas said:

Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

It's not.  I don't know where he got that information, but I'm guessing his sample size was far too small. 

The algorithm is based almost entirely on previous spending habits of each account. 

We have VPNs nowadays, you can try the same experiment and you will come to the same conclusion. My sample size was not small, It was in the upwards of 3 people per country. 

Facts, Indians receive better offers, Facts, Africans receive worst offers. In fact I don't remember the rime I bought in these game using my country VPN. I always switch to a Eastern Europe VPN just before they add special offers. 

As with VIP, 99% of all VIP I know  are from Australia 

Usually players that use Proxy, Tor, VPN, which hide IP address - is in deep multi-accounting.

Not necessarily.  Some people just value their privacy. 
Feb 27, 2017, 08:2702/27/17

I use a VPN because I can not access the game unless I do 

The problem is with my network provider servers 

That's why in some cases we ask players to install a VPN

Feb 27, 2017, 11:5302/27/17
Feb 27, 2017, 12:17(edited)
10/31/14

Tautas said:

Oracle said:

I am not sure why would anyone use a proxy, But I use VPN to access better offer in India and Europe

I also recommend VPN to players who have lags, and network problems, Or players who just want to cut down on upload speed. EG if I want to access X server that are In Australia, I switch on Madagascars VPN. which cut upload speed by atleast 25%

I also use VPN to access logged document on the web, like articles written from X university which are available for free and without subscription to student and staff from X university. 

There are many reasons why people use VPN, but to use it for alts is stupid because alts are stupid

Feb 28, 2017, 01:5702/28/17
02/22/16
PVP seems very stingy today !
Feb 28, 2017, 16:4002/28/17
03/22/16
I would love that offer.
Feb 28, 2017, 17:1802/28/17
Feb 28, 2017, 17:18(edited)
10/31/14

Rosconz said:

I've never spent a dime on this game.

http://prntscr.com/eea4e9

4 $ offers, I love 4 dollar offers.

Indian rubies can be diffucult to calculate, most of the time I buy at 7 $ or 3 $. Same offer you can find it at 5$ and 7 $. 

Is amazing how plarium work their algorithm. some places get 4 $ some places 5$ and some places 3$. 

I have heard that Australian offers are even better, I am still to confirm, Australia is just far away, it might take me 3 hrs to enter the game, But I must see. Probably why 99% of all VIP's are Autrallian. 

Mar 1, 2017, 12:4203/01/17
Mar 1, 2017, 12:42(edited)
03/01/16

Lords Oracle, appearance of Special Offers doesn't depend on location or IP address. Think about it — how would it be fair for players from France, for example, get more interesting Offers than for players from Spain? And what happens if player moves to another country? And more questions — what means "interesting" Offer? For different players the description for such Offer would be different. 

I can see that you're really interested to know the real algorithm of getting Special Offers, however, this information can't be disclosed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.