High Pressure Sale Pitch

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 1, 2016, 10:0908/01/16
09/17/15
db dbomb said:

Think the best (only) thing that  can be done is to boycott this item and encourage friends league members etc to do the same.  Posting negative comments here will just be ignored if the $$$ roll in.

Funny i asked to have an additional lost art discovery available..to b able to update two arts at the same time(about a month ago) and was told not gonna happen (and there is it with $$$ packs).
It would drastically affect our game balance if we created an opportunity for everyone to upgrade 2 Lost Arts at the same time, always. This Item is not always available, it can be obtained only in Special Offers packs, and it doesn't affect our game that much.
Aug 1, 2016, 11:1808/01/16
02/24/15

Balance , again. What balance? 

F2players are too strong for coiners , so plarium introduce a new item 50% of and def (only for 7 days)-to make balance

Rewards from tournament are decreased- from millions of players only 10, 20 will receive sapphires in some tournaments (those 10,20 players will spend anyway much more for taking a place in tournaments)-more balance (anyway from 1 million players at least 1% must be rewarded , that means 1000 players should take sapphires as reward)

DJMOODY (i dont know him personally and i dont have any interaction with him in the game) has argumentated many time about the "balance" in the game

Its no balance , wasnt balance before, but everyday the game become more imbalanced with Plarium help
Aug 1, 2016, 11:5408/01/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

db dbomb said:

Think the best (only) thing that  can be done is to boycott this item and encourage friends league members etc to do the same.  Posting negative comments here will just be ignored if the $$$ roll in.

Funny i asked to have an additional lost art discovery available..to b able to update two arts at the same time(about a month ago) and was told not gonna happen (and there is it with $$$ packs).
It would drastically affect our game balance if we created an opportunity for everyone to upgrade 2 Lost Arts at the same time, always. This Item is not always available, it can be obtained only in Special Offers packs, and it doesn't affect our game that much.

Problem is. I know this was up for debate/suggestion before, To make players able to do more lost arts at same time. Then the stance was, it would be inbalance. Now you say yourself; "It would drastically affect our game balance if we created an opportunity for everyone to upgrade 2 Lost Arts at the same time".

Which basicaly means, its okay to be a drastic inbalance as long as the player pay for it, screw the rest. "All players is equal, but some players is more equal than others". <-- This will be the sword Plarium will fall and die on in the end. You are dividing players into a "prefered" class and a secondary class, and the later is of no importance, but you are wrong. Without any small time coiners, or f2p players there would be no content for the heavy coiners either. 

Tbh, plarium should scrap the entire black market and start over. Really re-consider what you can, and can not spend cash  on in this game. There need to be a status quo between coiners and f2p players. Since the last changes it feels like you trying to chase away as many players as possible :(

Aug 7, 2016, 09:3608/07/16

exxxe said:

exxxe said:

this item can cover for several suggestions 

- decrease troops build time

-increase off and def stats

-faster recovery after losses 

(i know the first and last are not direct but think about it)

(it is my opinion and thoughts that the item does have influence and effect on several aspects you just have to look in different perspectives)

example:-

-troops build time 

i need to attack a player with 3 mil off i need 6 days to build such an army or just build 2 mill and buy the item that will consume 4 days

(just an example dont pay attention to the time lol)

again it was my opinion and it was to clarify you dont have to swallow anything

Your logic is flawed. It has no benefit on troop build time and only a temporary effect on offense and defense, so it doesnt really do anything for faster recovery unless you want to bully smaller players for pvp points and to gain the tournament troop rewards. if you attack players spending similar amounts of money who also use it, then all you do is make yourself slightly poorer whilst having no effect on the balance of losses and hence no effect on tournament points gained.

If you use it to attack battlegrounds, you gain a short term benefit in tournament points at the expense of making your bank more negative and battlegrounds less playable in the future. Assuming you haven't already given up on battlegrounds because of the increased resource taxation due to other changes over the last year.

Aug 7, 2016, 09:4308/07/16
djmoody said:

The 50% item is going to get plenty of rage posts.

This thread is to explore a slighly different angle of the offer which should attract just as much rage - high pressure sales tactics.

The item is a show stopping game unbalancing boost. Plarium hope we will all buy it through simple fear that our enemies are buying it and we need to do the same to keep up. it's horrible exploitation we know that much already.

But the sale is also on for a limited time of 7 days. This is to add added fear that if you don't buy now you may never have the chance again and will be permanently at a massive disadvantage. The aim to tilt you to not thinking rationally about your spending but to buy in panic, haste and fear.

We are entrusting our hobbies to Plarium. They return the honour by conducting physiological warfare with us.

If you continue to treat your players in this cynical and utterly greedy short term way YOU WON'T HAVE ANY LEFT SOON. I can promise you there will be no long term loyalty to your brand for sure. 

Most long term players (you know the ones that are heavily "time" invested in the game and therefore make up a high proportion of your spender) are close to quitting already. For the love of the game don't do things to push them over the edge.

Stop treating us like **** on your shoe. We are people, we are your customers, we should be cherished and valued.

Plarium has never espoused the policy of the customer is always right. They do not value repeat business, relying only short term spending sprees until players realise how utterly stupid they have been to spend on this type of game. They completely fail to understand that encouraging small regular payments from lots of players by making it enjoyable and worthwhile spending a little on the game (rather than forcing to try to keep up) makes the game more sustainable.
Aug 7, 2016, 10:0408/07/16

I have a 3 months account, and for more than one ocasion i spent money on plarium packs, lets just say, if i had not done that, i would be watching others play, this new item was  a game breaker for me, has it opened my eyes to what was evident, the short sight of a greedy company to make easy and fast money, isnt a business model with much future, and in what concerns me, there are better and cheaper online games, with better regard for the costumers.  Btw as a sociology PHP, let me send and advice to your marketing stuff (Big shinny letters blinking AND SAYING LIMITED OFFER 800% FREE!!! Dont work, on a very large segment of the population, and have oposite efects to what you as a company intend!

My tw cents, hope i dont get "moderated" as i used apropriate language, and only gave my informed opinion on this matter.

Bets regards to all