Question

Question

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 27, 2016, 17:1501/27/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
This is a pvp game and leagues consist of players.  How can we not discuss players when they make up leagues and are the ones we fight? a pvp game where pvp is not allowed in the forums is kind of silly
Jan 27, 2016, 17:1501/27/16
Jan 27, 2016, 17:16(edited)
06/29/14

Mehnslayer said:

Page not found

That post has been up since July of last year.  I was able to access it and pull a screenshot from it to prove my point, and now the link is magically gone?

What is going on around here?  What kinda BS is this?
Jan 27, 2016, 17:1601/27/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14

Timmy, the post from before was the first I deleted besides spam. I don't think any player should be singled out for any reason, be it true or false it is damaging to the player and in some situations, can affect their self esteem and or mental health, it's not a risk I am willing to take. You can feel free to share your methods, in fact I would encourage it. 

Jan 27, 2016, 17:1601/27/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14
Mehnslayer said:

Timmyboy said:

I am not saying i want to be allowed to make personal attacks, but its a joke after the things which KT have said, and now the excuse of "however small they are personal attacks". I only saw the first few posts, but why remove a thread which has purpose, cannot you just remove the comments you seem unfit to be there? It does seem like a hobby that Destiny Players threads are removed.

Timmy I am friends with some Destiny members, and no KT members.. I am not playing favourites, I have only been moderating a short time however, and it seems a lot of things that you guys are referring to are from a lot longer then I have been around for... Provide me with links and I will look into it no problem

Edit - nevermind I got the link

I got the link test ^
Jan 27, 2016, 17:1701/27/16
03/08/15
Back to the question, why remove a thread which has purpose, why not just remove the comments deemed wrong, does that mean if i see a thread i dont like, i just need to write something extremely bad under it and the entire thread will be deleted?
Jan 27, 2016, 17:2201/27/16
11/05/14

No, that's not the case.. That thread had nearly 2x more deleted posts then actual posts, and just as many edited due to personal attacks and insults, the thread turned into who could damage each others reputation harder, and that doesn't benefit anyone. Again, I am sorry for test in his current situation. As this is going in a relentless circle I'm going to stop responding unless required. Please feel free to continue the discussion, however keep the personal attacks to a minimum :)

Happy gaming all

Jan 27, 2016, 17:2901/27/16
06/29/14

Mehnslayer said:

No, that's not the case.. That thread had nearly 2x more deleted posts then actual posts, and just as many edited due to personal attacks and insults, the thread turned into who could damage each others reputation harder, and that doesn't benefit anyone. Again, I am sorry for test in his current situation. As this is going in a relentless circle I'm going to stop responding unless required. Please feel free to continue the discussion, however keep the personal attacks to a minimum :)

Happy gaming all

All of the moderators before you, including oberon the ADMIN deemed it just fine and even joined in the conversation.  And that was a DIRECT ATTACK ON ME.  \

I mention the tactics KT and their players use in a war against Destiny, and the post is removed and blocked from anyone even being allowed to see it.

How is that even remotely close to fair moderation on the forums?

Jan 27, 2016, 17:3201/27/16
Jan 27, 2016, 18:08(edited)
03/27/14

Sir Crusher said:

Can you shut down Blasphemy's thread then as well?  She called Anarchy a name that would be normally starred out had she not used a @ instead of an A.

oh please i don't find much wrong with my post

"Sir Crusher"

oh yeah it was edited to remove the @ wouldn't wanna offend you

Jan 27, 2016, 17:5301/27/16
03/27/14

i dont think he was thinking of coiners as much as he was trying to keep the forum civil 

Jan 27, 2016, 17:5501/27/16
06/29/14

Blasphemy said:

i dont think he was thinking of coiners as much as he was trying to keep the forum civil 

keep things civil eh?

From the moderator who called me an alt and personally and questioned my credibility, along with allowing personal attacks on me to remain up and talked about. 

posts like:

HOW CAN PLAYERS LIKE "TEST" CONTINUE PLAYING? http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/how-can-players-like--test--continue-playing-/

Yeah, it's pretty convenient how you now want to keep things civil, but back then when I was being grilled and not KT, everything including a post about a personal attack was fair game.
Jan 27, 2016, 18:1001/27/16
Jan 27, 2016, 20:02(edited)
03/27/14

test said:

Blasphemy said:

keep things civil eh?

From the moderator who called me an alt and personally and questioned my credibility, along with allowing personal attacks on me to remain up and talked about. 

posts like:

HOW CAN PLAYERS LIKE "TEST" CONTINUE PLAYING? http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/how-can-players-like--test--continue-playing-/

Yeah, it's pretty convenient how you now want to keep things civil, but back then when I was being grilled and not KT, everything including a post about a personal attack was fair game.

I didn't know u then, that was my wrong, and those who seen i called you an alt in KT the time told me, so when im wrong i do admit it and i apologize 

the name at the time struck me as an alt , 

same time you had very little post then, 

BTW i didnt say i was keeping it civil i said he was, he form is different then me, 

i don't change me tone im 100% me in game and here 

Jan 27, 2016, 18:3301/27/16
Jan 27, 2016, 18:35(edited)
06/29/14

Mehnslayer said:

Couldn't find anything regarding to the post you mentioned, your post don't "keep" getting deleted, if they do it isn't by me, as for the reasons why... I listed them above, the main point was the attacks on Aaron's credibility, and some other comments which were initially edited due to being personal attacks, no matter how small... It kept coming up, telling people to grow a pair, came up at least 4-5 times. Regardless of how small and insignificant you may thing these are, they are insults non the less and can hurt a person's feelings or upset them. I'm sorry if my judgement upset you however I saw a few people ask me to delete the thread in question and I feel it ran its course, you are more then welcome to continue discussing it, however keep the league banter to leagues not attacking specific players please.

Edit - I saw your edit after my post..... Conduct your diplomacy here, no problem. But attacks on other players and insults to players including defamation is against the rules. 

"the main point was the attacks on Aaron's credibility"

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have the ability to make sure that Aaron's "credibility" is never brought into question.  Good to know.

"some other comments which were initially edited"

To be clear again, because someone makes an inappropriate comment on my thread, the whole thing gets removed, instead of what the forum has always done in the past which was to edit the inappropriate comment.

"you are more then welcome to continue discussing it, however keep the league banter to leagues not attacking specific players please."

If I really am allowed to continue discussing it like you say, please bring my topic back up so that it can be discussed.
Jan 27, 2016, 19:0901/27/16
04/07/14
Mehnslayer said:

Timmy, the post from before was the first I deleted besides spam. I don't think any player should be singled out for any reason, be it true or false it is damaging to the player and in some situations, can affect their self esteem and or mental health, it's not a risk I am willing to take. You can feel free to share your methods, in fact I would encourage it. 

Are you the official Plarium psychologist now?
Jan 27, 2016, 19:1001/27/16
04/07/14
Blasphemy said:

Sir Crusher said:

Can you shut down Blasphemy's thread then as well?  She called Anarchy a name that would be normally starred out had she not used a @ instead of an A.

oh please i don't find much wrong with my post

"Sir Crusher"

oh yeah it was edited to remove the @ wouldn't wanna offend you

You seemed more offended that we relieved you of a beacon...  but that's allowed. :)
Jan 27, 2016, 19:1101/27/16
Jan 27, 2016, 19:12(edited)
07/14/14

lwonderly said:

So now we are censored in the forum. Nice. It's OK for players to make racial slurs and condescending comments as well as making very hurtful moves in the game, but we can't discuss it? Wow.

Good point. One of the best reasons to have a forum for a mmorpg is to be able to discuss social things that happen in the game. It adds alot of value. It is also good therapy and after a while solve things. In fact it is the only time I want to come read on the forum. The old school flame wars during recent league wars was awesome. Of course moderated. This censoring is really bad though. Please reconsider moderators! And please discuss this in your moderator group. It is an odd way to go to take away this added game value at the forum. 
Jan 27, 2016, 19:1101/27/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:42(edited)
11/05/14
No but bullying and harassment has been linked to self esteem and mental health issues, especially cyber bullying. Google is an amazing site :)
Jan 27, 2016, 19:2001/27/16
07/14/14

Mehnslayer said:

Edit - I saw your edit after my post..... Conduct your diplomacy here, no problem. But attacks on other players and insults to players including defamation is against the rules. 

The defamation was HUGE on test during the old school flame wars when KT made war on destiny. In game and on the forum. test recent post was nothing compared to it. I valued both and would like social forum events as both to be alive on this forum. Sure moderate and calm etc. Do not take them away. I bow to test for not whining about the defamation vs him earlier. I personal need more moderator views how you can moderate with such contrasts. Different people in charge? 

Please reconsider and allow more old school flame wars on the forum. It makes the game fun. And it is good therapy for in game events.

Jan 27, 2016, 19:2201/27/16
11/05/14
I was not moderating the forums at that time, however I will make a post addressing this in a minute.
Jan 27, 2016, 19:5701/27/16
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)

Mehnslayer said:

If anyone chooses to act they can and will be held accountable for it. It is when there is no proof that it becomes libelous to talk about it. Indeed if you read the ToU that you want to use to justify your action do not state the reason you cited for the record the ToU states "1.2. While free debate and discussion are encouraged, we will not tolerate posts using inappropriate/offensive language or content. Below are guidelines to help determine whether or not certain language is appropriate. There may be inappropriate language that does not fit into any of these categories. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case-by-case basis.

Clear or implied language which:

a. refers to or threatens violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world.

b. is rude or offensive in nature, including but not limited to: personal attacks, name calling, cursing/foul language, cyber-bullying, trolling.

c. insultingly refers to other characters, players, or groups of people, be they in-game or external.

d. promotes racial/ethnic/national hatred, alludes to symbols of racial/ethnic/national hatred.

e. refers to sexually explicit topics.

f. negatively refers to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players.

g. negatively portrays other page member’s personal religious beliefs or major religious figures.

h. references the performance of illegal activities, including software piracy and other intellectual property violations.

i. excessively communicates the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish."

The post contained non of the above mentioned items and many posts that KT members have made do contain items mentioned above and were not moderated. Lack of enforcement sets a precedent and that precedent is then a new unwritten rule (see any modern legal system) for whatever reason you have decided to go against precedent set before and want to hide behind the ToU which clearly does not say anything about a player being singled out for actions that have been very clearly documented. In short everyone is accountable for actions that they take and your logic of nobody being singled out has not and is not being enforced and not possible to enforce because by stating an opinion one chooses to single themselves out. Lets have some good old fashioned accountability here. 

Jan 27, 2016, 19:5901/27/16
11/05/14

The posts were edited about an hour ago, some of the things which have been changed were/are considered trolling and flaming HOWEVER that has been addressed