All Categories

Ask Oberon anything

Ask Oberon anything

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 4, 2016, 12:5001/04/16

hi

i got lose many unit in bgs and the truth is i use many eldrich units  but i dont know if that uniits is problem for the banking if yes i got waste a lot of units till now and thats it catastrophic could i have an answer if eldrich is bad for banking?

thank you
Jan 4, 2016, 13:1101/04/16
04/10/15

sison said:

hi

i got lose many unit in bgs and the truth is i use many eldrich units  but i dont know if that uniits is problem for the banking if yes i got waste a lot of units till now and thats it catastrophic could i have an answer if eldrich is bad for banking?

thank you

its a pity use them to bgs....keep them dont waste on bgs

really i am not sure if they bank or not and how much so i try not to use them

Regards
Jan 4, 2016, 13:3101/04/16
thnks juglar i will wait oberon also it is a big pity as you say and i would like to learn about it after all this losts  i took the decission ask oberon he may help us make sure :)
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 4, 2016, 13:3301/04/16
Jan 4, 2016, 13:36(edited)
01/06/15
My Lord, my advise is to use as little "good" units on Battlegrounds as possible. Use only the ones that you are prepared to lose, the ones that you can do without. But ultimately all of them bank. 
Jan 4, 2016, 13:4601/04/16
ok thank you :)
Jan 4, 2016, 20:0301/04/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14
sison said:

I feel like it depends on the situation. I had burnt through 200 Eldritch Griffins on defense, but it got me 8th in the BG tournament which earned me 2,500 sapphires, I wouldn't have been able to win that spot without using those griffins.
Jan 4, 2016, 20:5101/04/16
i agree whith you sometimes worth depends on the situation,excatly!
Jan 5, 2016, 01:0201/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14

Good tidings.

Not really a question, but much more of a statement with apologies that I didn´t get around to this earlier.

I just wanted to take a moment to wish you and yours a very happy New Year. Thank you (all) for the nice gifts that you programmed out for us (may this gratitude date back to the first gift from Hallowween).

It is very thoughtful of you all to keep this aspect in mind. I hope that all of you passed a wonderful holiday season, unimportant of how you may choose to celebrate it.

Thank you, again. Best of wishes to you and yours. Hope your New Year brings you everything that you desire.

Be well & Peace be with you.
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 5, 2016, 12:3601/05/16
01/06/15

Lord Jafo, 

the Stormfall team wishes you a happy New Year too! We're glad you liked the gifts and hope to bring you even more enjoyment in 2016!
Jan 5, 2016, 18:4901/05/16

hi

the spy units got something

i sent 400 spy units to a castle whith 20 spies placed at it.

my lost wont be reduced if i sent 1000 spy units at the same castle

so the losts depend on the number of the spy is placed at the castle of the enemy and not on the amount you sent.

so it is pointless i try make many spy unit if i want to spy a castle whith a specifinc anti -spy force because i will lose same amount.

is all this i said correct?

Jan 5, 2016, 22:2401/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14
sison said:

hi

the spy units got something

i sent 400 spy units to a castle whith 20 spies placed at it.

my lost wont be reduced if i sent 1000 spy units at the same castle

so the losts depend on the number of the spy is placed at the castle of the enemy and not on the amount you sent.

so it is pointless i try make many spy unit if i want to spy a castle whith a specifinc anti -spy force because i will lose same amount.

is all this i said correct?

Sison, spies have defensive stats and spying stats... Think of it like offense vs defense
Jan 5, 2016, 22:3801/05/16
Jan 5, 2016, 22:47(edited)

yes i   just wondering that it doesnt reduce my lost the difference between my spy troop and  enemy spy troop,

so if he  put 30 spies  at his castle and i sent 400 against it i lose the same amount either if i sent 1000 against 20 either 400 against 20 either 50000 against 20

it seems my lost be same regardless of the amount i sent

Jan 5, 2016, 23:3701/05/16
Jan 6, 2016, 02:48(edited)
06/22/14

In every battle, Plarium has algorithm with only one goal: both player should loose as much as Plarium could explain some how.

Strategy game - good joke 1

League oriented game - good joke 2

I laugh, laugh, tears are flowing with laughter. If I stop laughing I will remain only tears.

Jan 6, 2016, 13:0301/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Oberon, 

The forums in accordance to in-game are "dead" however, the quality I believe is very high. That said when an idea is put forward on the forums, it is rare to see them come to light. This signifies to me that for players to get a specific feature or suggestion to be added or looked into it requires some form of criteria. 

Lets say for example 2 suggestions are made, and for the sake of argument I will use the 2 biggest suggestions right now

• Rank at which you can see defense in a beacon (A)
  • Sliders of paragons/crystals etc... (B)
Now lets say (A) gets 100 votes, however Plarium thinks it is a terrible update and its just a waste of time, and suggestion (B) gets asked for, and 5 people vote for it and Plarium believes it to be a high quality update. What is the criteria around community based updates as a lot of people feel that their vote never makes a difference and how can the community make a difference in-game for the better.

If a thread was to get 73 votes, and is considered needed by both new and experienced players and is constantly being asked for, would that idea then be given a priority? or would it  be whatever is personal preference among the community managers during meetings?

Additionally, even assuming after the suggestion goes through the community managers and gets accepted by that dept. what is the process of passing this suggestion along to the developers and getting them to add it over say, a random item with sapphires attached that no one particularly wants or asks for?

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 6, 2016, 14:4301/06/16
01/06/15
Thank you for the interesting question, Lord Mehnslayer. I'd be delighted to shed some light and share some information that is important for the understanding of how suggestions and updates work in Plarium.

Ultimately we are responsible for relying on our best judgement when making development decisions that we feel ensure the health and sustainability of the game. So if Plarium believes an update to be terrible it will most probably never be released at all. Why would we release something we think is terrible  

If a thread was to get 73 votes, and is considered needed by both new and experienced players and is constantly being asked for, would that idea then be given a priority?

Yes, absolutely. If a suggestion is accepted it becomes a task for the development team and it's given a major priority deadline. If the devs fail to implement it till the deadline for various reasons (like emergency tasks and bug fixes), it's given another deadline and so on until it's finally released. This process requires time, and with a limited amount of developers releasing user requested features isn't as quick as we all would like it to be.

As for the updates that you used as examples, they are both considered good and will be implemented. However, the question "when though?" is very hard to answer and the only answer I can possibly give is "As soon as possible" 

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 6, 2016, 14:4801/06/16
01/06/15
Drogar61 said:

In every battle, Plarium has algorithm with only one goal: both player should loose as much as Plarium could explain some how.

Strategy game - good joke 1

League oriented game - good joke 2

I laugh, laugh, tears are flowing with laughter. If I stop laughing I will remain only tears.

What a story, my Lord.
Jan 6, 2016, 17:5201/06/16
Jan 6, 2016, 18:30(edited)

hi

plz can you fix this thing in forum,it appears today, and ask log in the forum again even if i have log in the game!

i dont think players need log in 2 different times one for the forum and one for the game it was better before you dont think?

before i mean 2 days before etc i am curious who add this setting let me say its not smart that means that every time i close your page and i get again i must log in the forum again,

you  as company obviously did that for safety reasons i mean to be sure that the same player who got the account write in the forum but i dont know if it is essential now or if someone complained for it if not it would be nice we work as before  ,,i dont know i just expressed my dissapointment i will respect this change but i would like to know if it is for safety reason at least plz :)
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 8, 2016, 14:4901/08/16
01/06/15
I've noticed the log in issue, lord Sison. It's being looked into as we speak Sorry for the inconvenience. 
Jan 8, 2016, 19:1801/08/16
Jan 8, 2016, 19:19(edited)

it was something new thats why i was impressed but if the company add  this extra and separated log in for the forum for a specific reason i respct it maybe something was the reason of it.

personally i prefer log in one time,log in the game and automatically be able write in the forum as it was some days before.

after i expressed my experience i feel ok even if that change even not i understand  the company may got it s needs  i trust plarium choices no doupt

Jan 8, 2016, 19:5701/08/16
Jan 8, 2016, 19:58(edited)

sorry it happens somehing in the game and i dont know were to ask

no need post for a simple question so if any moderator or oberon can help me it would be helpfull :)

we are in challange whith a league

does the time the enemy league bisiege a castle of our league give them points or the time  he keep bisieging me no matter?

for example if enemy bisiege me 2 hours give them more  points than biesiging me 4 hours or time no matter?

plz if my question is nt clear i will make better the type

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.