Check out the PvP and Battleground Championships NOW!

53 Replies
Camulos
17 August, 2016, 2:55 PM UTC

Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

participating in tournaments or not is personal choice since they are not obligatory. 

True, they are not obligatory. 

However if Plarium wants to make money in a sustainable way from this game, they need to provide a) interesting gameplay and b) a POSITIVE incentive to spend money, preferably regularly. Part of this is providing tournaments in which the majority of players both can and want to participate.

As it stands, the current excess of tournaments in which most players either cannot or do not want to participate either because they are not appropriately tiered (a level 50 can clearly not compete against level 80's or 90's) or provide insufficient reward for troops or time invested will serve only to further discourage players from participating.

It would be better to provide fewer regular tournaments which reward players for competing either with a slight profit or maybe a small overall loss, but with better quality units than they can make, or can be made. Tiering for the top prizes could either be based on level/ pvp points/ bg points or on previous performance in the competitions. Tiering for the rewards could be selected from options - you may want to commit fewer troops and select smaller reward increments with lower tier troops such as cavalry, or commit larger amounts of troops per unit rewarded to get better quality units such as occult, eldritch and legendaries.

The core of regular tournaments such as battleground and pvp could be supplemented with other LESS FREQUENT tournaments on rotation. Provision of  regular and predictable tournaments which players can work towards and which reward effort encourages game participation, player retention and ultimately spending. Without participation and player retention, player spending and ultimately game profitability is lost.

UTC +0:00
Stormfall
17 August, 2016, 6:36 PM UTC

Camulos said:

...It would be better to provide fewer regular tournaments which reward players for competing either with a slight profit or maybe a small overall loss,...

When I started playing you could yellow bar BGs for exp in experience tournaments an kill them for points in battleground tournaments. Which was a synergy between tournaments you are talking about. First they changed battleground tournaments in a way that it doesnt work anymore and lately they nerfed yellow barring. You can see the trend, dont you?

UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
18 August, 2016, 8:53 AM UTC
Tournaments became more frequent, and more casual as the result. We are planning to create some extraordinary Tournaments which would be more interesting than the regular ones. We have already made a few steps in this direction - with the Flag Tournament and Carnage Tournament. And we will continue inventing some more 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Gadheras
18 August, 2016, 8:57 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Tournaments became more frequent, and more casual as the result. We are planning to create some extraordinary Tournaments which would be more interesting than the regular ones. We have already made a few steps in this direction - with the Flag Tournament and Carnage Tournament. And we will continue inventing some more 

Problem is more players isn't given enough time to recover between all this. You burning out all the players except the ones coining to speed their recovery and tbh, they too only will do that for so long before all spent.

Camulos
18 August, 2016, 12:45 PM UTC

Sometimes, less is more :)
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
19 August, 2016, 7:41 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Problem is more players isn't given enough time to recover between all this. You burning out all the players except the ones coining to speed their recovery and tbh, they too only will do that for so long before all spent.

I agree that some players may want to restore their Units during the Tournament, ignoring 90% free revival. But I don't think there will be many of them.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Aaron KT3
19 August, 2016, 7:52 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

I agree that some players may want to restore their Units during the Tournament, ignoring 90% free revival. But I don't think there will be many of them.
Oh for GOD's sake!  Do you read anything we have to say?  Certainly a "FEW" will: The MEGA COINERS!
Aaron
IronApex Turok
19 August, 2016, 8:04 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

Im sure there be some rediculous minimum before we get this magical 90% reward. 
Drogar61
20 August, 2016, 12:19 AM UTC

90% free revival? How?

roadstar Pitbull
20 August, 2016, 1:05 AM UTC

Please,,,,,PLEASE,,, STOP "INVENTING" 'improvements'.

You as a company have proven where your thoughts lay,,, in our wallets...

Red
20 August, 2016, 8:29 AM UTC

The increased number of tournaments and the nerfing of bgs makes it feel like Plarium wants us to kill more troops while giving us fewer ways to gain troops for free.  That 90% sounds nice, but there isn't enough info on it.  Sans info, I can easily imagine players doing attacks that would normally be foolish, not fearing the losses due to that 90% free recovery, only to discover they somehow didn't qualify for it.
Gadheras
20 August, 2016, 11:31 AM UTC
Red said:

The increased number of tournaments and the nerfing of bgs makes it feel like Plarium wants us to kill more troops while giving us fewer ways to gain troops for free.  That 90% sounds nice, but there isn't enough info on it.  Sans info, I can easily imagine players doing attacks that would normally be foolish, not fearing the losses due to that 90% free recovery, only to discover they somehow didn't qualify for it.
hey, if 90% FREE revival was given freely to everyone during tournaments (for loss's sustained in a tournament fight)... I guess people wouldn't mind so muich but that not really the reality is it.
seeker
20 August, 2016, 11:02 PM UTC

so basically what u are saying ..plarium plan on more of these useless tournaments that 90% do not want ..yet u ask for players feed back and clearly show no intent on listening. PLAYERS DONT WANT THESE USELESS TOURNAMENTS.

The only pvp worth anything in the last 2 to 3 weeks was the 2x pvp the rest is a waste of time .Players are not participating and palarium dont listen

Which will put the game into further decay / and more players leaving.
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
22 August, 2016, 8:33 AM UTC
seeker said:

so basically what u are saying ..plarium plan on more of these useless tournaments that 90% do not want ..yet u ask for players feed back and clearly show no intent on listening. PLAYERS DONT WANT THESE USELESS TOURNAMENTS.

The only pvp worth anything in the last 2 to 3 weeks was the 2x pvp the rest is a waste of time .Players are not participating and palarium dont listen

Which will put the game into further decay / and more players leaving.
Don't worry. I told them even that. But I can't make any decisions. Only our devs can, relying on your feedback and their analytics data.
1664633 users registered; 33985 topics; 253113 posts; our newest member:michael.kot