All Categories

Upgrade Your Buildings to Even Higher Levels!

Upgrade Your Buildings to Even Higher Levels!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Nov 26, 2015, 03:0311/26/15
03/01/15

Add mine to the chorus of objectors.  Clearly only the  big coin folks are likely to continue in the long run.  You have made the game unaffordable for most. Spending a modest amount periodically is doable foe some but a lot of archons will draw a a line in the sand on this  one and leave.

Since some os us still have available land slots. Would rather have seen some new buildings or additional spaces outside the walls for more decor/ fortification. these could have been done at more modest cost

Nov 26, 2015, 05:3611/26/15
02/05/15

The concept of upgrading the building is an progressive idea. City should not be stagnant & artisans should not be sitting idle. But few things strikes very odd.

1)  Building are basic things in a city, so why players are suppose to spend dracmas on that?

2) Even you consider these upgrade are advancement, an reasonable price for sketches encourage players but the prices are exorbitant. So buying them is not an option.

3) As suggested previously by several players, those sketches should be added to global tournaments or PVP like (GP's). So money spender & non-spender both will have fair chance to upgrade their city. Only difference will be the pace at which they upgrade their city.

4) Everyone knows, the game is tilted towards defence, why "temple if hep" is allowed to be upgraded but not "temple of PAN"

So Plarium, listen to the suggestion & rationale & act acoordingly.

One good move by plarium is to add more items to be purchased by GP. Good use of accumulated GP.

Nov 26, 2015, 06:4611/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14
Instead of looking for ideas to make this a better game (i.e. strategy options, development path) you, dear Plarium, are looking into more ways to open my wallet. I agree this is a business and it needs to be profitable; periodic "investments" from players should be OK. I did it and I don't mind doing it again, as long as it remains acceptable for a free-to-play browser game. But this, as the other players before me also considered, it's another way to show how arrogant and irrational you can be. Sketches pricing along with the new "enhancers", which are THE ultimate pay-to-win solution, are a no-go for me. This is becoming quickly the most expensive free-to-play game ever. Well, maybe it's time for me to explore other avenues too...
Nov 26, 2015, 12:0411/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

100 % negative comments! Did you really think anyone would embrace this change? My husband, myself, and a neighbor all played this game for about 25 days, we all spent some money to get some quicker progress, but after calculating the costs, we can see that this is nothing more than a money grab.

Well guess what, we all deleted our accounts and will not return. I understand the 'free to play' model, and I think I would come back to the game if there were NO purchases allowed with cash, that being replaced by a monthly fee $15 to play. I know that model of gaming is "dead" but this model of gaming, LARGEST CREDIT CARD wins, well never get my support again.

Judging the reactions of my COALITION to this announcement, this game will be dead in a matter of weeks. Plarium you totally blew it, but even if you eliminate Sketches from the game, you will not get us back...we have left for greener pastures.

It is really funny how Plarium explained the "need" for more upgrades, active Artisans, etc. They must think we are as stupid as a box of rocks.

Nov 26, 2015, 14:5411/26/15
02/02/15

Archons! I appreciate your feedback and suggestions given, I'll definitely forward them to our devs. 

First of all, every Archon has a choice - whether to use these Sketches or not. If you want them, you buy them. If you don't like them, you won't buy them.

I remind you that there are a lot of ways in the game to earn Drachmas as a reward. So all the Archons have a possibility to buy these Sketches.  

And finally, there is a possibility that the gods will decide to add these Sketches to the Tournaments' rewards

Nov 26, 2015, 15:4411/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:40(edited)
11/05/14

These are NOT AN OPTION, when you take the Acropolis from 18,000 res protected to 25,000 protected, it is a requirement.  When you take the infirmary from 30% to 35% it is a requirement.  I want to stress, these gigantic upgrades are just the FIRST LEVEL !!! (going from 20 to 21 and the gaps get even larger as you go up.  It is a game breaking change. 

The fact that you might offer them in a tournament is something you should have thought of before everyone started quitting.  If employing artisans was the goal why didn't you just raise the max level of buildings to 25?  No, you got caught with both hands in the cookie jar and are now pulling an "Obama" to try to justify it.

Just because you are now putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't change the fact that it is still a pig.

Nov 26, 2015, 18:0711/26/15
11/12/14

The advanced levels are really nice luxury upgrades, but are by no means mandatory.

Dedicated players are still capable of raiding to keep their training queues busy for weeks at a time.

They're still capable of keeping their resource pools well below 18,000.

The infirmary maxes out at healing 50% offensive units, but healing 30% defensive units will not change.

Resource generators will take much longer to pay for themselves, given the immense costs without discounts. Would you prefer a credit card player to max out their buildings or to buy a couple thousand units to wreck you with?

Remember, these are advanced levels, and they have some pretty serious upgrades. The resource generators start at 100 additional resources per level instead of the 20 per level for previous upgrades. They're supposed to be restrictive. Otherwise, players would max them out in a matter of months and we would continue to get complaints that their artisans have nothing to do.

Players will not win the game simply for purchasing these upgrades.

New items are expensive for the sake of novelty, and will become more accessible as time progresses.

Nov 26, 2015, 18:1611/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

Basileus Leonidas said:

First of all, every Archon has a choice - whether to use these Sketches or not. If you want them, you buy them. If you don't like them, you won't buy them.

I remind you that there are a lot of ways in the game to earn Drachmas as a reward. So all the Archons have a possibility to buy these Sketches.  

Not a choice when the bonus they provide in the buildings are HUGE. For example, agora lv 20 upgrade buildings 20% faster. Upgrade the agora to lv 21 provide you 35% faster constructions, that's a huge difference in your city overall performance. Players with cash who buy sketches from the get go will squash players who don't have this upgrades. And i mean squash, completely destroy, send him to the darkest pits of Tartarus. 

Now on to the price, to upgrade my agora it will cost 300 sketches, 100 sketches cost 1750 drachma, 300 sketches will cost 5250 drachma, that price is more than a poseidon schema which grand a huge defense bonus, and that is to upgrade a regular building by one level, i mean one level to upgrade my agora will cost more than a poseidon schema or 4 artisans.. The prices for sketches are INSANE. Want to make more money, fine, with upgrades, ok, that's all right, your not the devil because of that. But this prices are insanely high, i am not living in Dubai. A fair price would be 10 sketches - 50 drachma, 100 sketches - 500 drachma, 1000 sketches - 5000 drachma. Don't even start with the wheel of fortune, players will be waiting 3 months for a 30% discount...

Nov 26, 2015, 18:2711/26/15
02/20/15
Just want to say : totally agree with all others players... no more money in this game until there will be a reasonable solution for this things !
Nov 26, 2015, 19:2311/26/15
09/19/14
TheElitePhantom said:

The advanced levels are really nice luxury upgrades, but are by no means mandatory.

Dedicated players are still capable of raiding to keep their training queues busy for weeks at a time.

They're still capable of keeping their resource pools well below 18,000.

The infirmary maxes out at healing 50% offensive units, but healing 30% defensive units will not change.

Resource generators will take much longer to pay for themselves, given the immense costs without discounts. Would you prefer a credit card player to max out their buildings or to buy a couple thousand units to wreck you with?

Remember, these are advanced levels, and they have some pretty serious upgrades. The resource generators start at 100 additional resources per level instead of the 20 per level for previous upgrades. They're supposed to be restrictive. Otherwise, players would max them out in a matter of months and we would continue to get complaints that their artisans have nothing to do.

Players will not win the game simply for purchasing these upgrades.

New items are expensive for the sake of novelty, and will become more accessible as time progresses.

Great Meant to be restrictive means MORE POWER TO COINERS... GREAT JOB
Nov 26, 2015, 19:4011/26/15
11/12/14
Gorgo said:

It could also mean less power if you think about it.
Nov 26, 2015, 19:5911/26/15
09/19/14
TheElitePhantom said:

Gorgo said:

It could also mean less power if you think about it.
Please check our highest LVL on Sparta Plarium server and tell me if that is less power. How can you possibly say that this will give coiners less power
Nov 26, 2015, 20:2811/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14
This upgrade is a big suck
Nov 26, 2015, 22:3611/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14
i was daft enough to buy 1 sketch. i can not find it, click upgrade on say forge, no mention of sketch. this is plarium incompetence. crooks.
Nov 26, 2015, 22:3911/26/15
11/12/14

Helpfullmen said:

i was daft enough to buy 1 sketch. i can not find it, click upgrade on say forge, no mention of sketch. this is plarium incompetence. crooks.

Cycle through "Other Resources" in the top left.

It also takes much more than 1 sketch to upgrade high level buildings.
Nov 26, 2015, 22:4611/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

This update is a big theft

Nov 27, 2015, 00:2611/27/15
02/23/15

I do not like, I agree with the other player, too much difference between those who use money and no

Nov 27, 2015, 08:1611/27/15
12/03/14

Basileus Leonidas said:

there is a possibility that the gods will decide to add these Sketches to the Tournaments' rewards

That's a good thing for all players!  
Nov 27, 2015, 18:1211/27/15
12/17/14

these updates are ruining the game

Nov 27, 2015, 20:4711/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:44(edited)
11/05/14

Game companies have to pay the bills, just like any other company, and we all understand that.  These F2P/P2W games always favor a paying customer over the non-paying customer, and that's appropriate.  Some decisions, however, are unwise or ill-considered.  Sketches is both.

Unwise decisions cost the company in the bottom-line.  Ill-considered decisions do, too, but they are a long-term effect that often doesn't elicit a cause-and-effect line drawn between them due to the length of time between the cause and the effect.

Sketches are nice.  You can upgrade many things in your home city with them.  I don't want to address every possible upgrade, so I'll just concetrate on one.  An upgraded acropolis can protect your supplies from raiding.  It isn't much, really, when you consider the amount of resources needed for later upgrades.  The raiding of home cities already terrifically favors a spending customer.  The paying customer can buy in seconds what a grinder takes a month to build, and that's only after the grinder has been playing for months since a beginning player doesn't have those build options.  Hence, a paying customer almost always wins in PVP contests, and when wars break out between players the non-payee almost always loses.  Now that paying customer can protect their supplies even more.  They can steal resources from the non-paying customer and the non-paying customer cannot take them back because the paying customer's acropolis holds so much more.  In the just the first sketch upgrade the amount protect is 7k of each resources.  This is incredible when you consider that the previous 20 levels combined could only protect 18k each.  And this level of protection os only available to the paying customer.  There is currently no way for a non-paying customer to reasonably gain the same advantage.  Yes, placing in tournaments can earn you drachmas with which to purchase these sketches, but even doing well in tourneys only nets you hundreds of drachmas, and that's not the same level of competition the paying customer advances at.

I think I'll just stop there.  The way money affects this game is the proverbial snowball effect.  Once again, I get it that a business thrives on paying customers.  The thing that I think attracts a lot of players to this game, though, is the huge amount of players to compete with.  If the non=paying customers are pressed out of any reasonable competition then they will leave.  That, in turn, takes some of the draw that paying customers like...the big game feel.

I could be wrong.  I'll come back and check in a year or two and see how Plarium is doing.