All Categories

Plarium's 7th Anniversary Is Coming Soon!

Plarium's 7th Anniversary Is Coming Soon!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 1, 2016, 13:0506/01/16
02/28/16

Marten Ekema said:

AS a high ranking player, with all this talk of give aways, grand prizes etc,etc, I hope that the lower rank players will get a fair crack of the whip. I many of the weekly tournaments low rank players have no chance of achieving high level prizes or rewards. I hope that during the celebrations some of the competitions will be aimed at people with lower rankings.

Thanks

Marten

LMAO,  Marten, A nice sentiment, but the tourneys have been released, and there is definitely no freaking chance that an average joe low to mid level player is ever going to rank in either of the two 15 day tourneys,

What a joke plarium,  why not just give the gold to this high rankers without the ruse of creating a tourney for them to take it

Jun 1, 2016, 14:5606/01/16
02/23/15

no dracma no win

Only players who use drachmas can compete, for all other just watching.

Jun 1, 2016, 15:0206/01/16
06/07/15
The only ones benefiting from the 7 years celebration is Plarium, shame on you.  Everyone should be able to participate right from the get go, not only the players who spend so much on the game but everyone.  I understand the support players who spend on the game give you, but I also understand the support the players who don't spend give you ie: free advertising by word of mouth, recruiting players into the game.....come on Plarium this is not the way to celebrate.  Very disappointed...
Jun 1, 2016, 19:1806/01/16
01/16/16
3 horrible events, all geared to high end players, with no units for rewards, and only for top 250. Ridiculous
Jun 1, 2016, 20:3806/01/16
05/06/16
looking at the tournament rankings after just a few hours, the rich get richer.  I have spent way to much time and money on this poorly constructed and even more poorly supported game.  I will finish what I have bought then endeavor to sell my account.  message me if you have a friend who would be interested in a 60+ player with level 5 defenses.
Jun 1, 2016, 21:3906/01/16
03/29/15

LOL 

To win the grand prize of 250k drachmas in this tournament, will leave you with an infirmary bill for revivals running into millions of drachma.

Happy anniversary plarium, Why not come round with a hat and ask us all to throw a lot of money in it!
Jun 1, 2016, 21:4106/01/16

I was so excited to see these 2 events, I didn't even look at the rewards. I just though Plarium would reward me for my just short of 2 years I have sunk into this game. Didn't believe my mate when he said no troops *jaw drop*...then he says only the top 250 get * double jaw drop*......so.......the top 250 coiners will be getting more rewards....great.

Not sure if it's the plan, but every 'upgrade' they do it seems to become more and more pay to win.

Read a review once saying that there was an 'element' of pay to win...would love to get that chop playing again to write another review. beat it would be the same now.

I have logged on almost everyday since i started, currently on a 110 days streak. And when I say log on, I log on to raid, build and pack troops away.

Level 74, build queues hardly ever empty yet I'm still lagging behind...NOT because I don't PLAY.....but because I don't PAY.

It's just extremely demotivating, PLAYING 4-8 hours a day for almost 2 years and someone can come along and PAY and wipe me out within weeks of starting.

The PLAYERS rely on those events, but then again we also relied on the PP's and they changed that so that you lost more than you gain.

I think if this carries on, there'll just be PAYERS and not PLAYERS, then we'll see how long it takes them to get bored and just find the next game..they forget we come from other games...if we left them we can leave this one.

Jun 1, 2016, 21:5606/01/16
Aug 11, 2019, 12:09(edited)

nice t t t  tournament plarium i cant  wait to start playing this tournaments but i need help from you mates should i play persian position or pvp  i got 20 mill offens and 20 mill def but i dont have drahmas and i need to buy few towers lvl 1  but dont know do i have enough units for take this minim. 1200 drahmas

Help me I'm in big dilemma

Jun 1, 2016, 22:2806/01/16
10/20/15

Always great to see how Plarium are insulted by most players... and  they completely deserve it    

Still amazing to see that they are not ashamed of keeping sucking us dry like beggars (them, not us^^), using every possible opportunity they can, if not more.

And we still see Leonidas, honourable as Ephialtes, speaking of honour and glory, adding to this powerful arguments to convince us like "you got 14 days to surpass others, that's more than you need" and calling us chaff/rye grass or whatever  

Now, Jackovitch, you seem to be happy about that. Whatever your final position in the tournament, please let us know how many drachmas you will use during the next 2 weeks to achieve this, and we will do the subtraction 
Jun 1, 2016, 22:3406/01/16
12/20/15

10k pvp points for 7th-year-anniversary tournaments should give you 1k proms or 2k thurs, 2.5k dracs, 250 gps, 10 25% paths, 5 50% paths, 4 8 hour protections, 5 scorps or 10 fire cats, 10 scrolls.

If you actually wanted to do something for the players and not just for the mega coiners 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 2, 2016, 09:1006/02/16
09/17/15

Greetings, guys!

This Tournament is for all players, but I agree that low-level players can hardly compete with others.

However, it's a special Tournament, with a special reward. And if you feel that you're not strong enough to participate in it, you can participate in ordinary Tournaments which are running each day.

Moreover, we gave free rewards to all players, and we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

And it's just the beginning of the month 

Jun 2, 2016, 19:4006/02/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Greetings, guys!

This Tournament is for all players, but I agree that low-level players can hardly compete with others.

However, it's a special Tournament, with a special reward. And if you feel that you're not strong enough to participate in it, you can participate in ordinary Tournaments which are running each day.

Moreover, we gave free rewards to all players, and we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

And it's just the beginning of the month 

These "gifts" and ordinary tournaments cannot be matched with even 1/20 of the ones from the "legendary" tournaments, no way.
Jun 3, 2016, 02:3006/03/16
Jun 3, 2016, 10:00(edited)

wow....

This is such an awesome celebration for low levels like me,  never mind the little coalition that I'm in.!!

It was absolutely thrilling to watch our - almost lvl 5 - capital get beat to shit along with our motely crew of defense within minutes of the "Grand tournament" starting.   

Equally thrilling to watch it get smacked down again within minutes of the "protection" wearing  off.

We are betting on how many minutes it will take after this protection wears off.

(p.s.  Don't worry about defense in our capitol, there will not be any.  no f####ng point.)

Did Plarium even think about exactly who the targets would be?

"you can participate in regular tournaments"  wow.... thanks..   yeah we will do that.  

We need to do them for the next week or more just to get back to where we were before this celebration started.

After the excitement you managed to build up with the "7 year celebration for gamers" and making us think " ooh! I might have a chance to earn some decent drachma to build up".  

It definitely leaves a sour taste in the mouth now.

I am pissed off that I even spent a little money on this game.  It is the only reason that i am even bothering to type this and hesitating about just quitting.

Not really interested in a game that basically rewards multiple accounts and bullying.

I bet you never check those top 250 for multiple accounts. ever.

Did you ever wonder how those guys can consistently find all these targets with troops sitting outside to get those ridiculous high scores?

I spend hours scouting to maybe find one target that forgot to put troops away, or left them out on purpose. 

Yet within minutes of any tournament the same group is always maxed out and ranking in the top "bonus drachma".

Nothing fishy at all.

Watch your language!

Jun 3, 2016, 10:0106/03/16
09/17/15
Guys, as I said, you can continue playing as you did before the great Tournaments. They are not the game changers. So you can concentrate on other game activities.
Jun 3, 2016, 10:2106/03/16

Guys, as I said, you can continue playing as you did before the great Tournaments. They are not the game changers. So you can concentrate on other game activities.
Don't even bother to initiate these events for further times, it won't bring you anything more than a bigger or smaller player database that will give up on financial supporting or either stop playing for the time being. (since the participants will be hunting nonetheless every player)
Jun 5, 2016, 05:1906/05/16

Alyona, you are doing a thankless job, I hope plarium are making it worthwhile for you.

I apologize for my language in my earlier post.

Granted, it is not a game changer.... but definitely increasing the gap to get into the big leagues.

And yes, we can concentrate on regular stuff (except rebuilding capitol, waiting till celebrations are over before we do that.) but it basically means the average little guy like me gets squat in this celebration unless i spend some real money.

However, rather than enticing me to spend more,  I felt like I had been kicked in the teeth for even thinking I had a chance.

So, thanks to this celebration, I will not be spending any more real money on this game.

If there are some changes in the future that level the playing field, I may reconsider. 
Jun 6, 2016, 09:5106/06/16
09/17/15
Hooded Nomad said:

Alyona, you are doing a thankless job, I hope plarium are making it worthwhile for you.

I apologize for my language in my earlier post.

Granted, it is not a game changer.... but definitely increasing the gap to get into the big leagues.

And yes, we can concentrate on regular stuff (except rebuilding capitol, waiting till celebrations are over before we do that.) but it basically means the average little guy like me gets squat in this celebration unless i spend some real money.

However, rather than enticing me to spend more,  I felt like I had been kicked in the teeth for even thinking I had a chance.

So, thanks to this celebration, I will not be spending any more real money on this game.

If there are some changes in the future that level the playing field, I may reconsider. 
I'm sorry that you're having a negative experience with these Tournaments. I have asked our developers to bring back the Coalition Missions, so other players could also enjoy this time in the game. How do you think, would it make smaller players feel better?
Jun 6, 2016, 10:5706/06/16
10/20/15

Maybe do something which gets you more points when you attack higher levels than you.

So people would stop focusing on crushing the little ones...
Jun 6, 2016, 16:2306/06/16
09/25/14

Great tournaments.

From Plarium, with loev ^^
Jun 7, 2016, 17:3506/07/16

for 8th year anniversary hope plarium will learn, please don't insult us with these great 14 days tournaments :)

I think most people will be fine with them if they don't see them or if they are not advertised as come to celebrate with plarium

if it would be like: here is 2 weeks tourney for top players only.

I think people would have no problem with that, but mentioning celebrations and that it is for all only makes people angry

I don't think there has been single positive comment about this tournament so far amongst all different threads on forum yet:)

so something to learn from I hope for future

there are few sarcastic ones though :)